[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wasn't he Rainier Wolfcastle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

>>
>>87193656
Pandering to an invisible audience of retards.. FOX's execs weighing everything down because of a minute chance there's movie going folks that never saw The Simpsons before.

That's the real reason we didn't get Rainier Wolfcastle or Hank Scorpio. Better rehash a bunch of jokes and leave out the show's in-jokes.
>>
>>87193708
I heard that the real reason Scorpio didn't show up was because the actor didn't want them to use him.
>>
>>87193729
>Brooks voiced the character Russ Cargill in The Simpsons Movie and for "about a week", he was to reprise the role of Scorpio, but the staff felt that creating a new character was a better idea.
>>
>>87193729
Why wouldn't he want Hank Scorpio to return?
He's a fan favourite character and villain of the Simpsons movie is a role that suits him.
>>
>>87193762
The staff are fucking morons.
>>
>>87193772
Sorc?
>>
>>87193772
Because while he was a supervillain, he wasn't a villain to Homer or the Simpsons.
>>
>>87193708
>>87193772
The voice actor of Hank Scorpio doesn't want them using him for major plot stuff. He wants the character to stay memorable.

Do you really want modern Simpsons shitting on him?
>>
God, that joke is now dated.
See, this is why pop culture references are just a bad idea.
>>
>>87193796
Yeah but the whole evil plot has nothing to do with the Simpsons personally, it's just to fuck over the town of Springfield.
>>
>>87193816
They're not, pop culture references that only work as a reference are a bad idea.
>>
I remember being pissed off at how Moe's Tavern was renamed to Moe's Bar. Did Fox honestly believe people were too stupid to know what Moe's Tavern was?
>>
>>87193656
Better question, why in the mother fuck wasn't he Bush?

The minute I found out I dropped the simps like a retard spartan baby.
>>
>>87193893
Yes, see >>87193708
>>
>>87193901
Because Ahnuld becoming president was a widely used cheap joke back then since he took over Cali.
>>
>>87193819
Yeah, and that would fuck over the Simpsons too since Homer was the direct cause of it.
>>
>>87193901
Probably because the movie was in development for so long that they weren't sure who the president would be when it was released.

They already had an extremely dated Green Day celebrity cameo by the time the movie was finally released.
>>
>>87193964
I mean to be fair it's not like Green Day was new. At the very worst they looked similar to how they looked during the 2000s but it's not like they'd just evaporate from consciousness.
>>
>>87193656
Because You can actually see Rainier Wolfcastle in Springfield, trying to break the Dome.
>>
it would've been less insulting if they at least had bothered getting the real arnie to voice himself

but lol nope let's just have shearer play a wolfcastle palette swap
>>
>>87194241
To be fair, he didn't do any real film roles between 2005 and 2011 because he was too busy as the Governator.
>>
>>87193656
Bless you anon, I have always wondered this
>>
>>87193656

that pissed me off so fucking much...
>>
>>87193656
i've head canoned that it was atually wolfecastle. Mosty because arnie is ineligible for presidency
>>
>>87193819

Bart and homer face off against him in the end. Plus Scorpio was less smug and such. I think an original character was a good movie than tweaking Scorpio to fit their means.

President Rainer Wolfcastle would have been better though, that was stupid.
>>
>>87198160
huh?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.