[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (620KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
620KB, 1000x1537px
Why resurrect someone when you know the universe is gonna end anyway,it's not like Hickman didn't tell anybody what secret wars was gonna do,why would Bendis undo a great death just so goblin could job to miles,just why?.
>>
>>87189937
Is that the time Peter got revived so he could tell "you're doing the great job, Miles" and disappear?
>>
File: image.jpg (676KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
676KB, 1000x1537px
Yup after letting miles just stomp green goblin like its noghing,you know the guy Peter died trying to stop?And then he fucks off then boom!Everyone is dead
>>
I guess to give MJ a happy ending before the Ultimate universe ended.
also to say Miles can't die, just fade away into obscurity
>>
This is NOT canon
>>
>>87190238
I still miss this universe's Gwen & Aunt May... Its sad knowing they are still dead.
>>
>>87190520
I miss that Gwen too, do we know everyone who molecule man brought back for Miles? We just saw Bombshell and her mother show up randomly in the issue
>>
>>87190684
Them, Mile's parents and Mile's and Ganke's roommate, even though he's apparently not their roommate anymore. It seems like that's it.

I miss ultimate Jess.
>>
>>87190378
in ultimate it is. until they blew it up for no reason
>>
>>87190753

They blew it up 'cause it was circling down the drain ever since Ultimatum. Bendis's USM was the only thing of value being published under the imprint until Peter's death.
>>
Wait what

No more Ultimate?

Awww
>>
>>87190790
where have you been?
>>
>>87189937

USM was dropping in sales so they brought back "Peter". Not even 100% sure that was really him. He acted really different, even clocking Miles to get the webshooters. I'd be willing to bet this was going to end up being a fake out but editorial finally gave the universe the axe.
>>
>>87190520

I liked her and thought it was cool of her to come back as Carnage, but lost interest when she lost the ability.
>>
>>87190822
He only felt different because we couldn't see his inner monologue.
>>
Remember when Bendis tried his best to make Miles THE SpiderMan to replace SpiderMan? Good times. Looks like the decline of the gimmick minority characters has begun.
>>
>>87190822
I felt like it was supposed to lead to him being the USM equivalent of Ben Reilly, but because of the universe ending we never got anything more of it.

Who knows, maybe it was Peter, maybe it wasn't. MJ finally got Spider-Dick out of it at least, and they probably enjoyed some time together before the universe melted.
>>
>>87190822
Maybe Peter was different because being dead would really effect someone. Who knows man, it's comics.
>>
>>87189937
Bendis wanted to give Peter a happy ending and hoped that his return would bump sales up enough to keep them from axing the ultimate universe. It didn't so they did.
>>
>>87189937
fucking they haadd to make mary jan bite her lip and push her boobs together, huh? What a load of bull, and that fucking line STINKS. Who finds that charming or funny? What doesn't he have a neck? Can I write comic books too? Apparently all you have to do is defecate on a computer.

Look at the smoke, and the background effects; POOR

Is this the bendis everyone is always complaining about? I can see why
>>
>>87191931
>deleted post to fix spelling of mary jane.

>Reposted it with same spelling mistake
>>
>>87190785
The series was junk even before that
>>
>>87190061
>Peter died trying to stop?
He got shot and fought like 4 guys at the same time before that though.
>>
>>87189937
The whole point was to try and save a dying book. Miles was selling like complete shit (hovering right around cancellation numbers), so Bendis was doing anything and everything he possibly could to save his special snowflake OC.

That's literally it.
>>
>>87190739
Ultimate Jess cameoed in the last issue of Web Warriors when they were showing the new recruits around
>>
>>87189937

>Bendis has a coherent plan

Anon, I...
>>
>>87189937
I was wondering the same thing when they brought Egghead back to life right before Secret Wars with no explanation.

>>87190061

Didn't Ultimate Spidey die because he accidentally got shot by the Punisher?
>>
Im a little afraid he was the clone Peter that was in the Baxter building, it'd be neat if Maker was involved, doesn't matter now though, unless Maker and Reed go head to head over the multiverse in a few events... Doubtful of that. But who knows, a version of the ultimate could exist somewhere since the first family are building still
>>
>>87193612
Pete's getting too old for movie Synergy. They're going to have Pete and MJ Ride off into the sunset and have Ultimate Pete be revealed to still be alive and take his place alongside Miles.

Marvel still gets their high school peter for their movie shit, fans get Older and Wiser Peter to jump in during events while re-railing his story post OMD, and Miles can still chart his own path unbeholden to spidey lore.
>>
>>87194564
>still using her "Black Widow" costume

I still don't know who thought that was a good idea.
>>
>>87200431
The writer of All-New Ultimates apparently on the grounds that he thought it would be cool, including her wearing a jacket over the costume for no damn reason (which is made even more pointless considering how often that thing was coming off). They never even gave an in-story reason why Jess suddenly decided to change things up, it just happened.

I still say that if they wanted to change her name they shoulda just gone with Arachne and that Ultimate End was the best compromise with her costume change they gave us.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.