[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: thing that triggers co.jpg (33KB, 610x324px) Image search: [Google]
thing that triggers co.jpg
33KB, 610x324px
>>
>>87189874
They tried waaay too hard
>>
>>87189874
Instead of making them the game of thrones in space for Marvel they turned them into X-Men wannabes!
>>
>>87189874
it's Marvel's JSA
people just pretend to care about them
>>
>>87189874
Other than Black Bolt, they have none appealing designs.
>>
inhumans have always been shit but marvel insists on shoving them on people's throat.
>>
>>87189997
This is true. And leave it to Agents of SHIELD to jump at adapting the shitty X-Men wannabe aspect.
>>
>>87189997
This.
>>
>>87189874
Oh... boy, time to rant a bit.

Okay, Inhumans right from the get go had a specific identiy. They were humanity, if humanity had taken a different evoultionary path and they had an entire culture based on their evoultion.

This culture unforunately did not mesh well with the current societes of today. That as well as combined with the fact that unlike the Mutants, the Inhumans where almost completely loyal to one person and one creed made them a threat to humanity as a whole.

This was reflected in the stories that they did partake in where it became slowly apparent to the society that they could not continue existing as they previously had.

However, another common theme of the stories was family. At the end of the day, nearly all the Inhuman stories focused on the Royal Family and their struggles. While there were some other Inhumans who were essential, at the end of the day, the Royal Family were the ones who mattered.

In Abnettn and Landings god-tier Cosmic Run, the Inhumans took centre stage during the last two arcs. Here, the entire nature of the Inhumans changed from being an Earth based to Cosmic based. If they had remained this way, it is likely that they would have gained popularity.

However, after Hickman broke up their empire and made them head back to Earth, Soule got his hands on them. And now they turned into the X-Men Lite and unlike the X-Men there is nothing sympathetic about their plight.

That's why no one likes them. Because they have no identiy. Re-read the older Inhumans books and the current ones and it'll be like reading two different franchises. Marvel had no balls with the titles and they gave them to someone who has no idea on how to write them.
>>
>>87190057
>they gave them to someone who has no idea on how to write them
Seeing as how they gave it to Fraction first before he gave up and bailed, I don't think anyone they currently have knows how to write them except Abnett. And god knows Marvel is too chicken shit to allow cosmic to go hard again out of fear of alienating the casual fanbase.
>>
Inhumans will get their own movie once Agents of SHIELD is linked, really linked to either the Netflix universe or the main movie universe.

The wonky-eyed nurse from Netflix would be perfect for this. She can show up anywhere with a plausible excuse.
>>
>>87190417
I honestly think that Fraction bailed because he realized that Marvel wanted to push them as the 'new' Mutants. And despite how we might percieve his run on the X-Men, it was obvious that Fraction loved the X-Franchise and didn't want to fuck it over.

Meanwhile Soule was probably desperate as his DC work was shite and sold like shite so he probably jumped at the chance and did what ever Ike the Kike wanted.
>>
Crystal isn't getting the biggest push
>>
>>87189874
they tried to give them a much bigger and different role than they were supposed to have
>>
>>87189874
Celestial experiments. >>>>>>> alien kree experiments
>>
>>87190009
The JSA had a Golden Age and a Johns run. The Inhumans, not so much.
>>
>>87189874
they turned them into x-men
>>
>>87190452
his Swamp Thing was good, everything he';s done at marvel has been shite though.
>>
>>87189874
No one wanted them and their push came to be only because Ike Perlmutter was butthurt about Fox owning the mutants.

Their main representation is Agent of Shield...

Their biggest disadvantage is that their push comes at the expense of a beloved franchise. If the X-Men weren't involved in this whole situation I'm sure they'd have an easier time getting more fans.

Marvel is run by a bunch of morons.
>>
>>87190009
>people just pretend to care about them
>people
What people care about Inhumans? Only Marvel comics cares.
>>
>>87189874
Perlmutter is a really petty jew.
>>
>>87190434
>Inhumans will get their own movie
Did I travel back in time to 2014?
>>
Comic books are oversaturated with stoic leaders and sexy redheads already.
>>
>>87189874

For fifty years or so the Inhumans was these weird but powerful strangers that you really only saw in Fantastic Four comics. They were outsiders and had really backwards customs such as pseudo incest and a slave caste of biological constructs. And they were complete isolationists and there were about 2000 of them.

Then Marvel tried to turn them into Mutants 2.0 in a few years... And they basically did this by randomly turning a percentage of humanity into Inhumans by way of retarded plotdevice.

So suddenly you have a bunch of people who have no connection to the originals weirdass culture and traditions, they are not isolationists or strangers, and there is a ton of them.

Basically they ended up with a mishmash that weren't Inhumans or Mutants.
>>
>>87190057
Pretty much this.

Also Black Bolt could be way cooler but he's basically so OP that they have to job him a lot in scenarios that he absolutely shouldn't lose
>>
They continually made them the villains in pretty much their every appearance, intentional or not. Having them act like complete assholes why they keep telling us how great they are really doesn't work.
>>
>>87192531
This.

All links of the Inhumans currently being so lackluster can be linked back to Perlmutter throwing a hissy fit. Not even Fiege and his Marvel Studios want nothing to with the NuHumans, they probably want to introduce them when they get the Fantastic Four rights back.
>>
They wish they were cool as X-Men but instead they are just mutants wannabes and basically force rape you to like them...
>>
>>87192203
Yes, and more epic!
>>
>>87192786
This sounds about right...
>>
>>87189874
>What went wrong?
Paul Jenkins OP.

It ALWAYS goes wrong when he is involved...
>>
>>87189874
nothing. Inhumans just suck. Even Kirby discarded them in favor for Eternals
>>
>>87194696

I like the Inhumans, Admittedly i probably like the Eternals more but the Inhumans can still be fun. When they actually are weirdass strangers and not some Average Joe that got mutated by a cloud of randomness.

Also it would probably be good to retcon Black Bolt`s name so that Blackagar Boltagon was just a joke on the FF, and the Inhumans are stunned that noone saw trough it over all these years.
>>
>>87194793
the shitty name is the least of BB's problems...
>>
>>87190030
>>87192531
See, I wouldn't mind the Inhumans being on AoS if they were only used as a plot device for characters to get super powers (a la th particle accelerator on The Flash), but they've been going all in with the Mutant parallels since season 3. Shit, they've even got their own Senator Robert Kelly type character.
>>
>>87189874
No one bought the good books.
>>
>>87193232
It worked for the X-men
>>
Did AoS kill the inhumans movie?

Will the inhumans bridge the MCU, or will they essential make AoS non-canon by going unmentioned in every other show and movie?
>>
>>87196823

I believe Marvel is flailing a bit for the moment.

The Inhumans push did not as well as they hoped and now they are trying to work out what they should do.

As a wild stab in the dark i guess that they will continue to ignore them in the movies until they figure out what they should do.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.