[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didn't get into this show until 2013

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1_hey-arnold.jpg (86KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
1_hey-arnold.jpg
86KB, 670x377px
I didn't get into this show until 2013
>>
>>87185892
You were missing out
>>
>>87185892
this is one of those shows I remember absolutely hating, but would still watch every single time it came on.
Rewatching it now a days, I actually really like it, but I still don't know why I'd watch shows that I really, really didn't like as a kid.
was it masochism?
>>
>>87185892
One of my favorite episodes was called Helga on the Couch
>>
>>87185977
Don't know about that but a lot of people say that about it.
Could be the themes in it take awhile to set in. And, honestly, it seems to resonate better as you age. I first saw it as an adult and caught a lot of the semi- hidden things(Miriam's drinking, Simmon's being gay, the crapiness of Arnold and Helga's homelife, etc) so I didn't "discover" them later on.
Kind of amusing to hear other people talk about them but they were kids so I get it.

It's a deep show and I'm not joking when I say that. And nothing can convince me that Craig Bartlett did that by accident.
>>
i watched all of this on tv as a kid but never watched the movie

really feel like i should for closure or whatever, but then, it's just hey arnold

doubt it's worth going back to as an adult
>>
>>87185977
>was it masochism?

It's not like we had YouTube, Netflix or all these other options. For us loser children who spent our time indoors, alone, I mean maybe you didn't like the show but what else were you gonna do?
>>
>>87185892
This was so bland when I was 3-8 when it was on.

Being 19 and having it replayed every night is my obsession.

Right now the School Play episode is on. I've never seen it and I remember /co/ mentioning it was good.
>>
Why was his last name kept a mystery when nobody watching gives a fuck what his last name is?
>>
>>87186607
His last name was Shortman
>>
>>87186296
that episode with the Vietnamese guy telling Arnold about how he sent his daughter to America and never found her was probably the only time I actually got sad from a children's show.
>>
>>87186652
Huh. That's really the "big reveal" they used to help pitch a movie. "Shortman."
>>
anyone have a crush on lila as a kid
>>
>>87185892
You're in good company
>>87185905
right?
>>87186296
if only the humor was better. depth that good deserves better humor. Not that it wasn't good from time to time
>>
>>87186362
Oddly enough, the movie isn't closure, it goes BEFORE the last season. so you're holding yourself back for nothing
>>
File: please make it stop.png (222KB, 358x339px) Image search: [Google]
please make it stop.png
222KB, 358x339px
>>87185892
Helga is top 3 favorite characters in Fiction and if she and Arnold don't happily end up together by the end of the new movie I will do something the world will never forget.
>>
>>87186937
are you for fucking real

god damn it

guess i don't have anything better to do tonight, then
>>
Is that new movie even coming out, or is it vaporware?
>>
>>87186991
yeah I was surprised myself
it's funny how so many people have the same hey arnold journey
>>
>>87187053

>A r n o l d w a v e
>>
>>87186826
Her slutty bizarro world self made me like assertive girls.
>>
>>87187535
that shit was so weird. do you think theyre really like that outside of his dream?
>>
>>87187303
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hJKhiew2O0
>>
File: 1476362140579.png (10KB, 215x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476362140579.png
10KB, 215x200px
>Arnold and Gerald are getting new VAs for the Jungle Movie
>their old VAs are in the movie too but voice different characters
What's the point? Can they not do the voices anymore?
>>
>>87188563
arnold's been replaced 4 times, one of the previous arnolds voiced that big blonde bully.
considering gerald stuck around after his voice changed, i'm not sure that he absolutely can't still do the voice, but it HAS been 20 fucking years.
>>
>>87186296
I watched this cartoon when I was 12 and caught all those things. Are kids really as oblivious/stupid as you are leading me to believe? It's not like shit was subtle, miriam was fuckin shrekt off drinks constantly, helga's dad was abusive as fuck, even Helga's perfect sister had breakdowns in multiple episodes where she confided into Helga as being her pillar of sorts.

I also liked the character(cant remember name) the lazy slav neighbor in Arnold's building with the blond wife. I thought he was a really well written character that showed exactly how people go through their lives self sabotaging and being more pathetic than they actually are.

But ya, all of this shit was straightforward in every sense of the word, the only way anyone could consider it 'subtle' is by virtue of not having EVERY SINGLE episode touch on these things.

>I wish phoebe got more character development
>>
>>87188782
oskar. he was also a writer on the show. he died a little while ago.

phoebe got a tiny bit, mostly surrounding her image as the smart girl and whether to preserve it at any cost
>>
>>87188876
Ya, just wasn't much comparatively, but then again Harold and Stinky really didn't get a whole lot. Helga's entire family and Lila are probably my favorites.
>>
>>87185977
There were several I didn't care for but just didn't change the channel or had no better options.
>>
I´ve gotten into some pretty good shows later than everyone else too, OP. For example, I didn´t start watching Samurai Jack until this year, only because I heard of the more adult oncoming new season. I wanted to watch some cool violent action but knew I´d have to see the original show. I didn´t expect much. Not that I imagined it´d be bad, I just wasn´t expecting to be very impressed.
Now Samurai Jack has become one of my favorite cartoons.

It´s never too late, OP.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.