[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spider-Man 2099 vs Batman Beyond

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1.png (842KB, 889x635px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
842KB, 889x635px
Which futuristic legacy character do you like more?
>>
2099 is way better
>>
File: tumblr_mtcqqoNbh61succm8o1_1280.jpg (178KB, 593x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtcqqoNbh61succm8o1_1280.jpg
178KB, 593x900px
Topkek. Batman Beyond is the best thing in capeshit. What you nignogs talking about?
>>
Easily Terry.
>>
>>87184272

Terry; Miguel a shit.
>>
I liked both about equally.

Miguel was fun in that he was completely removed from Peter. He had nothing to do with him and was his own person with his own problems.

Terry was fun, because he continued the legacy of Bruce more directly by having Bruce himself as part of his supporting cast and a big mentor figure. It connected the threads between the old and the new seamlessly and felt like an organic, logical continuation from Bruce's time as Batman.

One was a great stand-alone character that had nods to the original but stood on their own entirely, while the other was a great character with strong ties to the legacy while still being their own person.

They both provided something nice.
>>
>>87184272
People will say Beyond because the only experience anyone has with 2099 is the shitty new stuff, sadly. But classic 2099 all the way.
>>
in general? 2099
cartoon? beyond slightly edges it out
>>
>>87184272
I really like Miguel and he definitely isn't used enough, but Terry is the sickest.
To this day, I'm still pissed we never got a proper end no the fucking comic doesn't count and that Blight never came back.
It's like they were aiming to have Blight be Terry's arch-nemesis, then what, did the voice actor die or something?
Fuck.
>>
If they ever do an Amalgam Universe again, I would literally kill for Spiderbat Beyond 2099. Which is, naturally, the future legacy version of Peter Wayne, Spiderbat.
>>
>>87184272
Batman Beyond is so infinitely better it's not even funny.
>>
As its own isolated and short-lived thing, Terry. As something that still is around, Miguel.
>>
File: Spider_boy_2099.jpg (21KB, 300x363px) Image search: [Google]
Spider_boy_2099.jpg
21KB, 300x363px
>>87190186
The Amalgam Universe already had a Spidey 2099 counterpart. He was Mig-El Gand, Spider-Boy 2099, and he was a charter member of the Legion of Galactic Guardians 2099 (a fusion of the Legion of Super-Heroes and the original Guardians of the Galaxy [the Guardians from the 31st century, not the Guardians who later got a movie], as well as Marvel's 2099 universe).
>>
>>87184272

Spider-Man 2099.

That and Doom 2099 was probably some of the best stuff Marvel published at the time.
>>
>>87189871

2099 had a cartoon?
>>
>>87193058
Unlimited was originally meant to be a Spidey 2099 cartoon before it was changed to be about Peter on a cyberpunk anthro-world, and Ultimate featured a version of Miggy during the Spider-Verse arc.
>>
Miguel, it's not even a contest for me. His new run isn't nearly as good as the original one though.
>>
>>87184272
I say Miguel for 2 reasons
1) about 90+% of his appearances were written by Peter David, and I love PAD (the few that weren't were during a decent enough run on Exiles)
2)all the "canonical" DC appearances of Terry were pretty shit up to this point. I love the cartoon, but stuff like Future's End and Tim Drake taking over were just rancid shit
>>
>>87193005
>hurrr durr let's combine super-boy and spider-man because both of them are clones
amalgam comics had so much missed potentials.
>>
File: 4338850-sm209920140011-cov-31f46.jpg (148KB, 900x1367px) Image search: [Google]
4338850-sm209920140011-cov-31f46.jpg
148KB, 900x1367px
>>
Is the old 2099 series worth reading? I don't hear much about it.
>>
>>87195249
>super-boy
>>
The villains on Batman Beyond were supposed to be classic Spidey rogue gallery
>>
>>87184272
As a Marvel fan, I have to say Batman Beyond. So long as we're only talking about the cartoon continuity and not the tie-in comics anyway.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.