[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of drugs this writer took?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: KravensLastHunt.jpg (60KB, 307x475px) Image search: [Google]
KravensLastHunt.jpg
60KB, 307x475px
What kind of drugs this writer took?
>>
An amazing drug called c-r-e-a-t-i-v-i-t-y

You should try it
>>
>>87182080
>creativity
But he just repurposed an unpublished Batman story
>>
>>87184438

So why would he take drugs?
>>
I felt like he undersold Spider-Man a lot in order to prop up Kraven.
>>
>>87181959
>That scene with Kraven and the spiders.

I'm still confused.
>>
That alcohol that makes you unhappy.
>>
>>87184568

Then why do so many people drink it?
>>
>>87184568
G I N
I
N
>>
>>87184438
So did Grant Morrison.
>>
>>87181959
Kraven's back?
>>
>>87185571
>Kraven's back?
No this is the story that killed him
>>
>>87184438
Tell me more!
>>
>>87188090

> In the mid-1980s, John Marc DeMatteis proposed a Wonder Man limited series involving his half-brother, Grim Reaper, in which Wonder Man is buried and ultimately crawls out of the grave. Tom DeFalco turned down the proposal.Years later, DeMatteis reworked the scene of a hero coming out of the grave into a Batman story exploring what would happen if the Joker actually killed Batman. According to DeMatteis, it would effectively turn the Joker "sane." When DeMatteis pitched the story to DC, however, it was rejected because it happened to be somewhat similar to another Batman story that was in development at the time, Batman: The Killing Joke. DeMatteis then reworked the story to use Hugo Strange in place of the Joker, but this, too, was rejected.[3] Finally, DeMatteis pitched the idea again to Marvel, this time with Spider-Man and a new villain he came up specifically for the story. Marvel editorial accepted the revised proposal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraven%27s_Last_Hunt

The new villain he talks about is Vermin, not Kraven obviously
>>
>>87188152
So he still came up with the idea, thus still showing creativity
>>
>>87188152
So it was his own idea all along. Still, neat to see how these things evolve.
>>
>>87181959
All of them op. He took all the drugs. Just threw them all in a blender, ground them up, and poured them in his ass.

Is that what you want to hear?
>>
So why is it that this particular story is so popular?
>>
>>87188564
Is good story
>>
>>87188564
It's very dark and a bit deeper in a literary sense then your typical spidey stories.
>>
>>87188727
Deeper in a literary sense? I hope that doesn't mean pretentious.
>>
>>87188844
>pretentious
Nah DeMatteis has always come across as a really down to Earth guy. He just always tried to avoid standard cape stories.

Although these days it feels like he's kind of trapped trying to repeat JLI with Giffen
>>
>>87184438
And this is exactly the problem with this story. Spidey is written out of character the entire time, and not just in his actions but in how the crooks react to him, because the writer just doesn't understand that Peter is not Batman.
>>
>>87181959
>What kind of drugs this writer took?
What kind of drugs did this writer take.

English? Do you speak it?
>>
this is the best thing ive read from marvel, is there anything similar
>>
>>87190286
He's not written out of character at all, you're just dumb.
>>
>>87189034
That's because nobody read Blood, The Last One, Mercy, Seekers Into Mystery or Man-Thing. His Moonshadow, Phantom Stranger, Dr. Fate, Into Shamballa or Spectre barely get a mention too
>>
quesada was sober when OMD?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.