[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it me, or would the original Zootopia plot would have been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

Is it me, or would the original Zootopia plot would have been better than the plot we got? I mean, the film as is is still a great film with a great message, but I honestly think that it would have been better if they went with the plot they originally had. The tame collars and the drama about them would've been very intresting. In fact, a animated film about not only a society where animals have thumbs, stand on hind legs, speak fluent languages, and act like humans, but also a Apartheid-like society where the perdator species are discrimiated while the prey ones aren't. I know that if Zootopia were about a place where the prey are 100% discriminatory against predators instead of the Zootopia we got would have been dark, but honestly, it should have been more darker and edgier because that would drive the point of its anti-racism moral home harder and more effectively. It would be like Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame, where even if it's made for families, it doesn't mean it's all sunshine and rainbows. Again, I have nothing aginst the Zootopia we got, but in my opnion, it would have been better if they left the plot about the tame collars in.
>>
Why would predators choose to live there then?

If this is the way things have been, then why would predators want to go to Zootopia if this is the fate that awaited them?
>>
>>87178320
It's too black and white for my tastes
They wanted to claim neither group is wrong when the prey were very obviously doing horrible things
>>
>>87178644
Have you ever read a history book? You'll mind plenty of examples of many minority races being trampled by the majority ones. You know, the European settlers mass murdering the Native Americans? Hitler and his Reich blaming anything and everything on the Jews and eventually commiting a genocide on them? How even when slavery was abolished in 1865, there are still many stories of African Americans gettings screwed over by other Americans, especially in the south? This type of discrimination is not black and white, this is, whether you like it or not, reality for many minorities, even if they never had to wear a shock collar. (Though to be honest, I'm suprised that the majority races haven't decided to do the exact same thing to the minorities as the prey do in the original plot of Zootopia to predators.)
>>
>>87178320
>the film as is is still a great film with a great message

No it isn't. It's Leftist propaganda trash. Judy Hopps is a Mary Sue who realistically would have FAILED to become a cop. Female characters as competent police officers? What a bunch of Gynocentric bullshit. And /co/ worships that Pro-Female shit propaganda.
>>
mom, /pol/ is leaking again
>>
>>87179000
Calm down, kitten.
I'm gonna need you to just take about 20% off there.
>>
>>87179000
>One group of people were naturally created more violent and only after years of evolution they had to assimilate with more peaceful group to survive
I dunno, I expected /pol/ to go all over that shit.

Zootopia's message really falls apart when you realize there is a good reason to be afraid of the predators.
>>
>>87179337
I'm not sure I'm following here. Like just because someone could be dangerous doesn't mean they are.
I could walk into the kitchen, get a knife and start killing the fuck out of my flat mate but I never would.
>>
>she blackmails Nick into helping her by tricking him into confirming that he lied over his taxes
>it's not a bluff because we see her with a copy of the records, despite a scene a few minutes earlier explicitly stating she has no access to government records

This and the whole resolution of the Night Howler clue were the only problems I had with the film.
>>
>>87179337
>>87179630
#notallpredators
#yesallpreys
>>
>>87178571
I don't remember any other cities being mentions besides Zootopia. Sure, there are many districts, but but not cities other than Zootopia.
>>
The impression I get from interviews isn't that they made the movie lighter just for the sake of making it more child-friendly, but because the original draft of the movie was so bleak that even the people working on it didn't find it entertaining. Hunchback worked because the main character was hopeful enough to offset how bleak his circumstances were, so the movie wasn't just a slog of misery like the original draft of Zootopia supposedly was. After several reworkings, each trying to offset the tone of the movie enough to make it bearable, they finally ended up with a setting where the shock collars were out of place.

That's my take on it, anyway. It's just something that happens with movies sometimes.
>>
>>87178320
A good film, but not a 'disney'.
That's the whole thing, it would've been great and moving story, about racism.
It's kind of hard to talk about racism in a media, EVEN MORE SO if it's targeted at children.
>>
>>87178320
Eh, the original plot had potential but it was kind of a teenage edgelord's idea of a distopia.

The final movie was a lot more nuanced and interesting, and scarier because it was closer to real life.
>>
File: debbie.jpg (19KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
debbie.jpg
19KB, 210x240px
>>87178320
>apartheid-like society
BORING
>darker and edgier
BORING
>drive the point of its anti-racism moral home harder
BORING
>Hunchback of Notre Dame
BORING
>it doesn't mean all sunshine and rainbows
BOR- wait. The Zootopia we got wasn't all sunshine and rainbows either, Anon.
>>
As someone outside of the loop can someone give me the cliff notes of original zootopia. All I've got now is apartheid.
>>
>>87179337
But there isn't, all the preds went savage because of a prey conspiracy.
>>
The premise would have been interesting and full of potential dramatic situations, but the public would have ended up hating the city. With the change of protagonist and the way the prey/pred relationship changed, the ambience went from gloomy and dark to cheerful and funny.

The zootopia shown in the release is a place worth visiting, the other is one you would prefer to keep away from.
>>
>>87179337
EVERYONE is potentially dangerous once you give them a car or other modern technology. A sheep with an SUV can kill people more efficiently than a tiger. And some herbivores are notoriously big, strong, and violent, like hippos, moose and cape buffalo.

Sure, preds have a killer instinct, but it's safer to be around a socialized tiger than it is a cape buffalo.
>>
>>87180472
The problem with the early draft is that no matter how they tried to make the predator abuse amusing, viewers still wanted Nick to leave the city, not save it. If you're allowed to leave, why would you stay in a city where you are effectively a slave and aren't even allowed to get excited without being shocked?
>>
>>87179000
I gotta agree with this to an extent. Didn't anyone think it was off for Nick to turn on Judy because of one objectively true comment? Then we are pressured into this idea that Judy's actions caused the downfall of Zootopia & segregation of predators?
>>
>>87179000
You don't understand what a Mary sue is.
>>
>>87178320
I'd like to see the original plot be the plot for a sequel, where we see more of Nicks' past since we know very little.

Since the collar ordeal could have been a segregation taking place when was real young, and we'd get to see what his family was like, relation to his father since he was never mentioned, how he got in good with the don, how he turned out the way he did.

Anything after the movie we got feels like Saturday cartoon material, all buddy cop stuff that wouldn't fit the theater as well as the first did.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.