[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck would a barbershop be Switzerland? Why would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: luke-cage-at-pops-barbershop.jpg (94KB, 1216x609px) Image search: [Google]
luke-cage-at-pops-barbershop.jpg
94KB, 1216x609px
Why the fuck would a barbershop be Switzerland? Why would any gangster care?
>>
>White people
>>
>>87171105
Because the owner of it was Cottonmouth's childhood friend. Not only that, but Pops accepted anyone into the store, regardless of their past.
>>
It's literally explained.
>>>/tv/
Being retarded in public only counts as criticism on your containment board, son.
>>
>>87171105
It wasn't the barbershop everyone respected, it was the owner
>>
>>87171105
Barbershop the last cut
>>
File: 7648.jpg (636KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
7648.jpg
636KB, 3264x2448px
>>87171105
>Why the fuck would a barbershop be Switzerland? Why would any gangster care?

Shit like this happens all the time, it's usually a church or a community space or a playground. "Why would a gangster care?" is such a retarded question i don't even know where to begin. All organized crime has rules and structures, that's what makes it organized.

Maybe you should read a book or go out in the real world and stop getting your knowledge of crime and inner cities from television shows and a Covert Convergence of Convalescing Congolese Conkers Conquerors message board.

Pic related: you
>>
>>87171645
And if OP wants to know what happens to people who break those rules, look at what Cottonmouth did, without a thought, to his own man that killed Pops.
>>
>>87171105

because an old guy that everyone respected said so
>>
>>87171105
/co/ truly is the most fucktarded board on 4chan, jesus christ. You ask this without a hint of sarcasm as well.
>>
>>87171717
>those digits
Hot damn, son. Well done.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>87171105
Crime organizations tend to have a very strict code of conduct. When you have a large number of people who don't have problems killing people, these rules become incredibly important to keep order.
>>
>>87171923

It's clearly /tv/ m8
>>
>>87172104
Yeah, it's always another board, isn't it.
>>
>>87171105
It's about respect nigga. Nigga gotta respect cool niggas
>>
Barbershop in black communities are like the local bar, minus liquor. Your barber listens to you bitch about your life, gives you advice, and produces a judgedment free zone of comfort where you can relax and unwind
>>
>>87172399
Fuck off, its literally just OP saying this, everyone else is calling him retarded.
>>
>>87171105

>White people questions
>>
>>87171105
You're right, OP. It didn't make any sense to me either.
>>
>>87171139
What this anon said. Also, the barbershop has become a center of the black community and a bit of a cultural site. Not sure when it started, but I'm sure since at least before the Civil Rights movement in the 60s. Focusing on the barbershop fit into the pro-black unity narrative the show pushed (unevenly).

Also, a neutral zone could be useful for parlaying and meeting with rivals in a lower pressure environment.
>>
this is a old idea that goes back centuries. In areas there was always a place where the conflict was not allowed. It started with churches and certain sanctuaries back centuries ago. It was the fear of God's wraith, that made those places neutral ground. Now in the modern times while the church still hold that position as neutral ground other places where many elderly people or children play are considered neutral ground not only because of fear of backlash from the entire community, but fear of Karma/God coming back to get you.

And guess what, it always happens when people break the neutral grounds rule.
>>
>>87171105
>the vast majority of people respect and like pop
>he is childhood friends with the family who owned the town
>he accepts anyone in
>has a reputation
Shit aint hard to figure out anon maybe you should watch the show instead of reading articles about it.
>>
>>87171105
i tried watching this show but i couldnt understand half of what they were saying, ebonics is really confusing
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.