[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teenage Peter in Highschool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (369KB, 1496x792px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
369KB, 1496x792px
Let's pretend this is totally legit and not complete bullshit.

Would you be okay with Marvel making Peter a teenager again and putting him in Highschool?

Think about it for a sec, no one with taste really Peter as an adult. And most versions of him in media have him in highschool anyway. Plus, you can have all sorts of romantic relationships and flings with him in highschool without worrying about making him too old. Plus putting him in Highschool adds extra drama and conflict to his life (being late to class, homework, friends, school shootings, ect). Plus it would make sense for Peter to act immature and manchildish now because he would be a teenager and not have to act like a responsible adult.

Besides, Marvel has always said that Peter was too old and they want a Young Spider-Man. And the best stories come from his highschool years.

So /co/, why not?
>>
>>87170445

Only if they turned back the whole Marvel Universe to a better time, sacked all the shitty current writers and got back to their roots.

A Marvel... Rebirth... you might say.
>>
>>87170445
I hate Marvel's devotion to the status quo when it was their flouting of the idea that made them relevant to begin with.
>>
>>87170471
Like some kind of suicide squad
>>
>>87170445
>Peter is de-aged
>all of his supporting cast is now way older than him
Riiiiiight.
>>
>>87170445
That post is wrong though. There are several games where Peter is an adult. Hell, he's an adult in most of them.
>>
>>87170445
Peter was out of HS during the original run.
>>
>>87170567
You bring in a new cast. A new cast full of diversity. Just like the movie.
>>
>>87170591
But most people prefer him to be in HS. Why do you think they cast Tom Holland and putting him in highschool again.
>>
>>87170445
Peter hasn't been in high school since Amazing Spider-Man #28 (1965). Why other media (and casuals) keep associating Spider-Man with high school is nonsense. His most interesting and memorable stories take place when he is in university and in early adulthood.

Spider-Man needs to be fixed but regressing his character to high school is pointless and represents no meaningful evolution of the character.

Let's be honest, most fans want to see Spider-Man as an adult, married to MJ and maybe with a kid - basically Superman Rebirth but for Spidey
>>
>>87170687
When does Renew Your Vows come out?

It's the first MArvel comic I wanna buy since High SChool.
>>
>>87170666
>Why do you think they cast Tom Holland and putting him in high school again

Because they're idiots? Everyone groaned when they announced they'd be rebooting again with Peter in high school for the 3rd fucking time. At least Raimi was smart enough to get him out of high school as soon as they got through the origin
>>
File: 1477109874053.jpg (250KB, 888x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477109874053.jpg
250KB, 888x1200px
>>87170725
November I think.

>It's the first MArvel comic I wanna buy since High SChool

Same. Secret Wars Renew Your Vows #1 was the first physical Marvel comic Ive bought in years

>>87131137
>>
>no one with taste likes Peter as an adult
Then why the fuck is everyone I know sick of high school peter?
Peter's an adult. Treating him like less than one is retarded.
>>
>>87170445
I hope so because it sounds like the perfect way to kill off Spiderman for good.

Also lol at Kid Arachnig getting #btfo
>>
>>87170687
>Peter hasn't been in high school since Amazing Spider-Man #28 (1965). Why other media (and casuals) keep associating Spider-Man with high school is nonsense. His most interesting and memorable stories take place when he is in university and in early adulthood.

Ultimate Spider-Man started it
>>
>>87170818
maybe the people you know have shit taste hmmmm
>>
>>87170907
Fuck off, Linkara.
>>
They are publishing an ongoing with high school Peter RIGHT NOW
>>
File: 1477110624332.png (1MB, 1274x643px) Image search: [Google]
1477110624332.png
1MB, 1274x643px
>>
>>87170445
This is why the Ultimate Universe was created. It was just like our containment boards.
>>
>>87170666
>most people
why should I care? What is in it for me?
>>
>>87170949
Barf
>>
>>87170924
Bit it's not the MAIN BOOK (aka Amazing) so it's not important. Nobody cares about Spider-Man unless it's the Mainline Important books regardless of quality (which is also why RYV will bomb).
>>
>>87170959
A better Spider-Man.
>>
>>87170956
>Ultimate Marvel was /mlp/
Intredasting
>>
>>87170445
Quesada, is that you?
>>
Just make an elseworld book with him in high school
>>
>>87170445
This is unbelievably Casual
Fuck off faggot
>All his best stories come from high school
Name one non origin rekated High School story from comics OP
>>
>>87170445
At first this looked stupid, retarded and impossible, but with RessureXion setting up the time displaced O5 as back to status quo, school going teenager X-Men, this suddenly looks really, really likely.

It's also funny, the now dead Ultimate universe influenced the MCU universe, now the MCU universe is influencing 616 and slowly morphing it into Ultimate-lite.
>>
>>87170949
>The Spider-Man: Greg Capullo
>Uses Dan Mora art

>Spider-Man Retro: Phil Noto
>Uses Kevin Wada

As much as those ideas make my dick diamonds, the concept visuals could use some work
>>
>no one with taste really likes Peter as an adult.

fuck you, I do.

I hate having to watch Peter be an awkward sqweeb all the fucking time
>weh, girls
>weh, homework
>weh, bullies
we've seen him do that time and time again, over and fucking over.

I like him better as an adult where balancing his two personas is a little easier and we don't have all this forced, cliche, highschool hero melodrama.
>>
File: image.jpg (212KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212KB, 960x720px
>>87170991
But, anon, I have all the best Spider-Man already. 50 years of experimentation have yet to produce better. I don't think it can be done.
>>
>>87171365
Plus adaptions leave out the fact that he was a brooding Jackass who wrestled with his own moral failings.
>>
>>87170445
IF such bullshit is to happen college would be a much, much better choice. I still believe that Peter's college years were the best era.
>>
>>87170445
>ect

Post invalidated.
>>
Best Spidey is adult Spidey especially since he's more independent, he can go to more places and stay up late without having to give Aunt May any explanations, him working with the bugle becomes much more believable, also you can have him have sexy times without the akwardness or having people be uncomfortable with it.
Also there is more versatility for him to travel outside New York without needing Aunt May's approval and without making her seem irresponsible. Spidey can also go into more places as an adult Peter Parker than a teen one.

Also him being in University gives him access to high tech equipment and good labs.

Plus Marvel has better teen heroes than Spidey, Spidey works best college age or just as an adult.
>>
As always OP is a fag
>>
What thread was this from?
>>
Marvel just needs to reboot at this point
>X-gene starts emerging widespread and becomes common knowledge in whatever year
>As a result Shield starts to work thawing Cap who they've had for a while in an effort to be prepared for the rising mutant population
>Give Tony his movie origin
>Hulk as well (experiment was an attempt to replicate Cap serum)
>Peter gets bitten by a radioactive spider when visiting Oscorp who have upped their research on everything
>The massive power surge has alerted the rest of the universe of Earth
>Asgard sends Thor to investigate
I don't see why Marvel doesn't at this point. It would let them publish every comic as a #1 with a whole bunch of other new series to follow, it would draw in casuals who could start at the beginning, and it would free them from the mess of a continuity they've built up.
>>
>>87171816
This is literally the Ultimates universe.
>>
>>87171104
they did and it's selling horseshit. No one except excecutives like that idea.
>>
>>87171816
So, you just want Ultimate Marvel, then?
>>
>>87171816
they dont need to reboot they need to more on
> start retiring their main heroes
> create a few new heroes and move some obscure and younger heroes to the forefront
> create new rogue's gallerys for everyone
> start letting time pass and people age
>>
>>87173061
Not only is this a bad opinion but also something that will never happen.
>>
>>87173115
Plus most legacy characters sell like shit compared to the originals. That's why Marvel is losing now. No one gives a shit about Captain BLM or Sam Nova or Chulk. They want the originals.
>>
>>87173115
how is it a bad opinion and why wont it happen?
>>
>>87170445
OP is a turbo casual. Peter's best stories were when he was in college and when he was married. I bet he thinks Gwen Stacy went to high school with him too.
>>
>>87173217
I wasn't talking about making legacy characters I was saying that they need to make new original characters and put existing obscure characters in the forefront to make a next generation of heroes
>>
>>87173360
Mosaic bombed and nobody cares about Moon Girl.
>>
>>87173435
Moon Girl is a legacy and Mosaic suffered from poor timing.
>>
>>87173435
that's because they were pandering to sjw's
marvel comics needs to stop using diversity as a selling point and work on making good stories and characters
>>
Who the fuck likes 616 teenage Spider-Man?
>>
Impossible now with miles being a teenager
>>
>>87173987
The same people who like Gwen Stacy. Retards.
>>
>>87170445
I've nothing against Miles, but he's just been... "there" ever since his introduction, he's never had any big memorable stories, he's just always..."there", as part of the furniture.
>>
>>87173226

>>87173217
>>
>>87174009
I can't wait for RYV to come out so you MJfags can release some of that anger and aggression.
>>
>>87174981
You don't need to be an MJfag to know that Gwen is the worse girl.
>>
>>87174902

>>87173360
>>
I'd say the issue isn't with Peter's age, it's that Spidey's long outgrown the whole guilt-ridden/self-sabotaging perpetually poor freelance photographer schick. Which in turn threatens the relevancy of certain supporting characters (people from the Bugle, whoever's left from Parker's HS/college days) Killing the marriage and turning him into Tony Stark has made it more apparent.
>>
I'd rather have him as an experienced hero with more than a decade of crime fighting on his belt instead of a kid that's looked down upon by every other hero
>>
>>87177030
Of course you would, Spiderfags want Parker to be the biggest, greatest superhero in the whole Marvel universe.
>>
>>87178536
I think it's more that Peter had paid his dues, so many stories have been told of him getting the shit end of the stick and barely managing to have a life. It's nice to see the payoff for all his hard work culminating in him have the respect of a lot of the superhero community, having a good job, a family etc. Ideally this would lead to him, some time in the future, giving up the Spider mantle and passing it off to someone else.
>>
>>87178536
No I'd just rather them ditch the high school shit
>>
>>87178536
i'm a big spiderfag but I honestly think that it would be best for peter to retire. Most of the new stories that they are telling are not so great and it's clear they have been running out of idea and are just milking the character for money. He needs to get back with his waifu, find his lost daughter, and let miles be spidey
>>
>>87170445
Then what's the point of Miles?
>>
>>87174264
Like a housenigger.
>>
>>87174264
Miles is like a worse Duke.
>>
File: 1476587920442.png (237KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476587920442.png
237KB, 640x480px
peter is best when he is a freshmen

somewhere between high school and college

peter should be someone who has to constantly prove himself because hes a green horn
>>
Miles is a big part of Champions, I doubt it'll happen by 2017.
>>
>>87170818
He's been an "adult" since before the first 30 issues of ASM, the guy graduated high school in issue 28 and pretty much all of his classic stories happened in college where he spent like 15-20 years publication time and was what was used in the '90s cartoon.

This "PETER NEEDS TO BE IN HIGH SCHOOL" shit only started with USM and it needs to stop.
>>
>>87178899
A cheap publicity stunt and Diversity
>>
>>87171816
that was 1610
why rehash ultimate though?
>>87170445
fuck high school Pete, he hasn't been in high school in 50 years, fuck that and fuck anyone who prefers high school peter. all his best stories are him in college or as a plain adult.

they have a side book with him in high school anyway.
create a new universe if they care that much or just reprint/redraw old stories like they did with the Marvel Adventures line.
>>
>>87170506
this pretty much
>>
>>87178536
He deserves it considering how far they took the "parker must always suffer" shit.
>>
>removing Miles to the point where he isn't even using the Spider-Man title anymore

This right here is why I don't believe a single word of it. Diversity obsessed Marvel removing Spider-Black? nah.
>>
>>87170445
Kill yourself Quesada
I'm glad your dad died of lung cancer
>>
>>87179943
Ed Gee.
>>
In the games he's an adult more often than a teenager, because they tend to be based on the comics.
>>
>>87171365
>weh, bullies
Why was that even a problem anymore, again? The guy can benchpress a truck at fifteen and hold his punches back to not turn thugs into mush. What's so hard about defending himself and saying he watched an online self-defense course?
>>
>>87181760
Can't let kids know that defending yourself from bullies is an option.
>>
>>87180516
Half the time it doesn't even matter because it's not that important to the game unless it's a movie tie-in.

Shattered Dimensions was pretty sick.
>>
>>87170445
>Would you be okay with Marvel making Peter a teenager again and putting him in Highschool?
Absolutely fucking not. Not because there's something wrong with Parker in highschool, but because I'm tired of this backwards slide.
>>
>>87170591
>Peter was out of HS during the original run.
No? He even fought Sandman AT his high school.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.