[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Very Important House is cancelled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 2016-09-30-18_40_03.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-30-18_40_03.gif
3MB, 500x281px
Jhonen Vasquez fans, the show "Very Important House" has been canceled.

http://www.questionsleep.com/?p=3163
>>
>>87169932
Old news.
>>
>>87169932
How can it be cancelled if it wasn't even picked up?
>>
>>87169932
I don't know who's dumber.
Disney...
>Court cult classic cartoonist as part of new initative to revamp TV animation department
>Don't approve a project he spent two years on

or Jhonen.
>Spend your entire adult career creating black comedy cartoons and comics.
>Try to pitch a technicolor blob that looks like every other cartoon on these days.
>>
>>87169932
looks like Star Vs with albino Marco
>>
>>87170296
Apparently that's why they passed on it.

They thought they'd be competing with themselves.
>>
File: 1465270516555.png (131KB, 353x353px) Image search: [Google]
1465270516555.png
131KB, 353x353px
>>87169932
>another generic jolly fruity candy nu cartoon gets the axe
praise jebus!
>>
>>87169932
Will this thing ever see the light of day or is it going to be buried under copyright legalese and can't be distributed at all?

>>87170223
They both sound dumb.
>>
>>87169932
In a sea of Adventure Time clones, somehow, against all odds, Jhonen Vasquez's was the worst offender.
>>
>>87169932
Well at least Vasquez can go back to trolling his old fans on twitter again.
>>
>>87171171
I find it really hard to believe that /co/ of all places cannot see the obvious uneasiness and uncertainty intended in the OP gif.
>>
>>87171292
I saw blue one get taken out.

The thing is, though, appearances in a pitch are everything. If it LOOKS like an AT clone, even if its a brilliant subversion, Execs will think it's an AT clone.
>>
>>87171292
Contrarians trying their hardest to avoid the obvious is 4chan's specialty, I don't know what you expected.
>>
Fuck.
This is my introduction to this.
Godamn it i hope somebody picks it up, TV needs some more Vasquez humor to get all up in SU's safe space and rattle some faggots
>>
>>87171328
>>87171292
>>87171336
So it’s an “ironic” AT clone, that somehow subverts the candy colored silliness of Adventure Time? Adventure Time already contains as much danger and darkness and black humor as you can put in a kids’ show. If this is satirizing or subverting anything (which I’m skeptical of), it’s the superficial, uninformed idea of what AT is, held by people who’ve never seen it. And what’s the point of that?
>>
>>87170296
This was in development same time as Star Vs. was in development at the same time. Disney was looking for a lol random magical dimension hopping show and gave everyone the same notes.
>>
>>87171292
Eh, I would have gave it a try with Vasquez at the helm

>>87171338
>Godamn it i hope somebody picks it up
No one can, unless you have the money to buy it from Disney. A million or so dollars should do it.

They can't air it on another network, Disney has the right to the unaired show and aren't going to make it available for anyone else.
>>
I get the feeling Jhonen is posting what he can online to try and drum up interest and change Disney's mind, but... no one seems to care about it.
>>
>CalArts garbage n° 64597852165
and nothing of value was lost
>>
>>87169932
I can't explain it but I felt very angry watching that gif and if that's what the show was going to be like I'm glad it was canned.
>>
File: very important house.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
very important house.gif
1MB, 500x281px
It looks like it coulda been good but with AT, Star vs., Gravity Falls and Steven Universe I think the market for shows with quirky dimension hopping magical shit with candy colours and cool face markings is a bit saturated, at the moment. In a few years it might be different again
>>
More importantly:
There are still Jhonen Vasquez fans?
>>
>>87171762
Read jelly fist, which is older than AT

He could have made it something amazing
>>
>>87174312
>You will witness the end of the calarts curtain in your lifetime
feels good
>>
>>87173594
>I get the feeling Jhonen is posting what he can online to try and drum up interest and change Disney's mind, but... no one seems to care about it.

I work for Disney. While not sympathetic to my corporate overlords, I do know publicly shaming them makes it only LESS likely they'll do what you want.
They'll happily kill a very good idea deader than dead if it comes from someone whom they perceive as having tried to embarrass them.

But this isn't just Disney. It's standard big-corporation cartoon making today.
>>
I wonder if being turned down put a dent in his ego or fueled his hatred for fans.
>>
>>87169932
he should get over himself and ask nick to revive the show

>but the comics

the show
>>
>>87174312
It looks pretty well animated tbf.
>>
>>87171338
Does your entire taste in cartoons revolve around what you think SU won't like?
>>
>>87174718
Fuck you, his character designs in Randy Cunningham was fucking glorious.
>>
>>87178563
No, fuck you.
Vasquez is the patient zero for noodly-armed LOL RANDUM animation thanks to Invader Zim.
Whatever semi-subversive stuff he did because he hated having a well-paying job that we all look back fondly on, he's still a creator that DOESN'T deliver way more than he ever DOES.
>>
>>87178891
>other artists fails at aping jhonens style, clearly this is his fault and not theirs

Jhonen made it look good, simply because he understands that using the same linewidth for EVERYTHING is a major nono.
>>
>>87171338
>get all up in SU's safe space
Confirmed for not watching the show
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.