[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since Luke Cage is no longer a former street kid from Harlem,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (364KB, 777x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
364KB, 777x1200px
Since Luke Cage is no longer a former street kid from Harlem, and instead a former cop and pastor's son from Georgia, how if any do you think this will affect Luke's dynamic with Danny? Just generic big brother/little brother relationship?
>>
How are people enjoying the latest run? Glad Danny!s better.
>>
>>87171995
Liking it a lot. Currently, one of my most liked comics.
>>
>>87171995
I reading it and having FUN!
>>
>>87171995
I've liked it so far. Am interested in seeing Alex Wilder trying to become Harlem's kingpin.
>>
He'll get love advice from Luke, about knowing a woman's "Love Language".
>>
>>87172733
They need to change his design. This looks... well... I don't know, forgettable.
>>
>>87171995
Pretty good just for the merit that Danny has a cool costume again. I couldn't stand the white one.
>>
>>87171995
I think it's alright. I didn't like how they shit all over Black Tarantula but what can you do.

I liked the dig at Mockingbird's current characterization where Songbird complained about flying carrying someone and Mockingbird immediately asked if she was being fatshamed.
>>
>>87173476
Didn't register it as that, just though it was Walker's on the nose writing, like when Spider Woman was perving on Danny and Luke.
>>
Oh it's just MCU shit, never mind
>>
>>87168439

I've wondered about this. There's nothing to contrast them since they're both outsiders to NY. Having Luke be the street one was essential part of their dynamic.

I guess going the big brother/little brother dynamic would be a way to go, but it still feels like a change
>>
>>87173376
Any non-green Iron Fist costume is trash. Including OP
>>
>>87168439

what happens on the movies/tv shows backstories doesn't always change what's happened in the comics

Cage still has his same origin
>>
>>87175703
>Cage still has the same origin

Not quite.
>>
>>87175373
I can't even imagine MCU Luke wearing a doorag.

>Probably too 'hood' for him.
>>
>>87176180

Lol true. Even a snapback hat doesn't seem like itd fit this version of Luke Cage

But then again he did grow up listening to Method Man and Wu Tang.
>>
>>87176349
I don't agree that Luke hating the N-word is "respectability politics", if you are cognisant of the history of the word, it makes sense. However, I do understand some of the criticism being levelled against Luke Cage, it seem less like a conversation and more like he's lecturing the youth/people of Harlem. He's pretty old man conservative. It's made even worst is that in the comics he was one of them, a street youth that got into the wrong crowd, now he's like an outsider looking in.
>>
>>87175373
I do wonder how they'll do it, because one of the arguments people used for a default Danny was the contrast between the two. It kinda gets nullified. Luke Cage was kinda light on white/black American relations, so it remains to be seen if they go there with Danny/Luke.
>>
Did anyone think Luke's character was well...lacking?
>>
>>87172733
How many "Kingpins" does Harlem have?
>>
>>87172733
Wait is this for reall?
>>
>>87171995
Love it.
>>
>>87168439
Will they even have a close relationship with the messed up timeline and Luke's characterization?
>>
File: Sho Nuff.jpg (248KB, 832x463px) Image search: [Google]
Sho Nuff.jpg
248KB, 832x463px
>>87178911
Too damn many,but it only needs one shogun
>>
>>87183501
Bet Danny's new bro will be Matt.
>>
>>87176088

Oh?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.