[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to comics.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 3521672499_2f1e02a1e2_o-925x1229.jpg (399KB, 925x1229px) Image search: [Google]
3521672499_2f1e02a1e2_o-925x1229.jpg
399KB, 925x1229px
Hello, /co/. I want to get into reading comics again, but I don't know where to start and what to start with. Please recommend someplace to start, or a resource I could use.

I have an aversion for the conventional superhero stuff, so I don't exactly wish to get into stuff like Batman, Spiderman, X-Man, etcetra. (Just a matter of preference)

I had a chance to read certain comics that made me think of getting back into the hobby:
>Nonplayer (a comic about life in an MMO)
>Moebius
>Scalped (a crime story in a native reservation)
>Hellboy (because of the mythopoeia and worldbuilding+artstyle)
>Prophet (features a man waking up in the far future)
>Kill6BillionDemons

I think I want to read comics with great worldbuilding and alien settings. I am a fan of writers like Jeff Vandemeer, China Mieville, Sapkowski and Gene Wolfe. I believe comics are one of the best mediums to let your imagination run wild, so imaginative sci-fi/fantasy are the genres I want to know about.

I am also a huge fan of the post-apoc genre (without zombies).

If it's okay to mention manga, I'd say stuff like Blame!, Dorohedoro, Ichi the Killer, and Ciguatera.

Other than that I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. Hopefully what I've written above adds some clarity.
>>
Go to readcomicsonline, there you can find a lot of comics.

About the stuff you like, try searching for Dark Horse, Avatar Press stuff, they tend to focus in different sci fi stuff.

Image has some good post apoc stuff, for example there is a comic now where all the people live underground during the day because sunlight will burn you to death.
>>
File: there's the door.jpg (43KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
there's the door.jpg
43KB, 500x333px
>>87168090
>New to comics.
>>
Sweet Tooth
Manifest Destiny
The Eternaut
Basil Wolverton, Wallace Wood, Fletcher Hanks
Michael Deforge
>>
corto maltese
metabarons and other gimenez works
the new crepax collections from fantagraphics
p craig russell solo stuff
>>
File: 2000AD - Nemesis 10.jpg (1MB, 1260x1510px) Image search: [Google]
2000AD - Nemesis 10.jpg
1MB, 1260x1510px
I'd suggest checking some 2000AD series. In particular, try Nemesis the Warlock, Shakara, Strontium Dog and The Ballad of Halo Jones.
And of course, you can't go wrong with Judge Dredd.
>>
China Mireille did a comic called Dial H, a semi superhero book
Gary Panter
Puma Blues
Mister X
Nexus
Luther Arkwright
Finder by McNeil
>>
>>87168090
>I am also a huge fan of the post-apoc genre (without zombies).

Scout
>>
Marvel Comics #1
>>
>sci-fi
Resident Alien (kind of)
The Spire

>post-apoc
FreakAngels
>>
Jem and the Holograms.
Archie Comics, especially the Sabrina, Josie and the Pussycats, and Jughead ones.
Afterlife with Archie.
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
DC Bombshells.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.