[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you think marvel would handle a reboot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: 3061358-inline-i-2-half-marvel.png (583KB, 1255x793px) Image search: [Google]
3061358-inline-i-2-half-marvel.png
583KB, 1255x793px
How do you think marvel would handle a reboot?
>>
>>87167713
The same way they handle everything else.

Badly.
>>
At this point, a reboot can't make thing worse because they already it rock bottom. You show it yourself, this picture is current Marvel. It is trash. If I show this picture to y coworker that will only recognize Hulk and Strange and wonder why Spiderman got a new costume.

If they reboot they need to trash nearly all of writing team. Bring back Shooter has an editor, have Busiek and Ewing as the main architect and ask Perez for the design.

But we both know they won't. Marvel has no editor control and need to go down even more before we see a Rebirth. I expect 3 more Marvel Now, All New, NowerThatBefore relaunch.
>>
>>87167713
More needless diversity
More muh humor when it isn't warranted
More alteration of characters strictly to match the movies
>>
>>87167713
Why did Riri ditch that costume?

It looks so cool.
>>
They had their chance with Secret Wars. They could have made it a soft reboot with good changes and altered some canon, instead they just made everything worse and added diversity just because they think that's what's gonna sell comics.

They completely fucked it up. Don't expect a reboot, because they clearly don't listen.
>>
File: brevoort.jpg (32KB, 625x295px) Image search: [Google]
brevoort.jpg
32KB, 625x295px
>>87167713
>>
>>87167852
>Ewing with no continuity to play with
Why the fuck would you want that?

Anyway, a reboot is a terrible idea. If they didn't need one for Rebirth, they don't need one for Marvel.
The only thing that, arguably, needs dealing with is shit like Cyclops being Hitler, and I have no doubt that a good enough writer could convincingly repair that while keeping everything in canon.
>>
>>87167886
Optimus Prime sued?
>>
>>87168170
>Cyclops being Hitler
They're fixing that right now. They're gonna redeem Cyclops by ruining Emma.
>>
>>87168022
Has the fat ass said anything about the recent numbers?
Him and Bendis need to be some of the first people shipped out of Marvel right now.
>>
Can someone explain to me how the ending of secret wars wasn't a reboot? The universe exploded then had to be rebuilt. Did they just pussy out because that sounds like it should have been one.
>>
>>87168199
I doubt it.
She's seen in IvX #1 with the X-Men, unless after IvX they pin everything on her. But isn't IvX like 8+ months after Death of X?
>>
>>87168187
Nope, it was The Brotherhood of Steel who sued.
>>
>>87168022
This isn't really, is it?
>>
>>87168783
No, /co/ edited picture and use it in their circlejerks.
>>
>marvel 2017
>every character is black

100% Diversity achieved
>>
>>87169016
>Every character has dark hair and brown eyes
The diversity is too strong
>>
>>87168262
They just continued the 616 as it had been before, with some other universe things thrown in (like Miles)
>>
>>87168262
It happened but the Fantastic Four rebuilt all the universes, so it's like it never happened, only certain characters remember.

The end result is a missing 8 month gap that falls somewhere around the period when Time Runs Out happened, I think?
>>
>>87169792
But that's what COIE did, and people still call it a reboot
>>
>>87170295
Honestly anon you should just ignore the whole "but X had Z reboots!" arguments.

A bit of friendly competition between fans is great but it devolves into circlejerking oh so easily.
>>
>>87167713
Why reboot when you can just do an "Ultimate"

the thing about these stupid reboots is they're only interesting for the initial novelty, then they just start building up continuity again and before you know it you've got just as many problems as you did before

it's easier just to do spin-off universes so that when people get bored of them you trash them and start again. You keep your main universe around for the longterm investment
>>
>>87167713
Horribly
Fans will always reject reboots because of not muh and missing characters
>>
>>87167713
Absolutely terribly.
Anyone who doesn't realize that a reboot would only make everything worse at this point is an idiot.

Hell, the reason why DC is so successful right now is that they are actually un-rebooting in places now.
>>
>>87167713
As a slow, gradual conversion and new titles slowly taking over the th...

Oh! I see what you're doing.
>>
>>87167733
Came here to post this.
>>
>>87167713

still too many white males
>>
>>87167886
Cause she had to break her knees every time she put it on?

Seriously how do those limbs work?
>>
>>87168783
It is.
>>87168894
Why do you feel the need to lie when that anon could easily figure out you're bullshitting him with a google search?
>>
>>87168253
Don't remember if it was him, but one of the people at Marvel said that their sales were not being effected and everyone else's sales were simply rising. This is the reason they claim they are dropping.
>>
>>87167733

fpbp
>>
>>87167713
Seriously need a reebot and start from 0.

There is nothing that we would loose that isnt worth of it, good things can be redone better.

But Mavel is too coward to do a reboot, and too awful to make it actually good.
>>
>>87173912
Wasn't it Spencer? Which is funny because his book got more attention than the death of Hulk did, yet sales barely increased after the first issue in comparison to the previous series.
>>
>>87175697
>Seriously need a reebot and start from 0.

Marvel's already doing that every 9 months or so.
>>
>>87167713

Terribly. They're already retreading old stories and retconning them so starting over from scratch would lead nowhere.
>>
>>87167713
Look at all these amazing characters that will surely still exist and be relevant in five years time. Oh, and Dr. Strange too.
>>
>>87167852
>
If they did a reboot and fixed everything I'd actually be excited to get into comics again.
>>
>>87167733
lol
>>
>>87176762
You're forgetting Optimus Prime.
>>
>>87167713
If you're talking about a New 52-style reboot, then yes they probably would fuck it up in some way. Like putting Peter (along with Harry, Flash, MJ and revived Gwen) back in high school. I also wouldn't want such a reboot either. I didn't like when DC did it and I wouldn't like it if Marvel did it.
>>
>>87167713
That has to be one of the least appealing images I've ever seen.
>>
>>87167713
>pic
>Damn it
>>
How we fix Marvel /co/?
>>
>>87183912
Kill Bendis and Slott
>>
>>87183912
First thing first, have to clean the editorial staff of the morons and such. Hell, there talent recruit nearly killed Wizards magazine and DC comics.

Second, start talking to old talent and put a leash on Bendis. Slott, have to keep him around until Bendis finally quits after not getting his way cause Slott's sales are high enough where he has more say than Bendis and is currently keeping Pete alive. After Bendis leaves, put Slott on an Avengers title with a good editor who can say no bad no and let us get a main Avengers title on par with his Mighty run.
>>
Kill off all the Legacy characters.

No more relaunches

Launch like 15 titles total

Less Events

New Writers / Editors
>>
>>87184110
Not all. Just trim and figure out which ones work and which ones don't. Captain Falcon/Chulk/Kate Bishop/Kamala are doing good as is FosThor despite /co's hate.

Biggest problem is the editorial and management staff.
>>
>>87183969
Also kille Leth
>>
Marvels next season should be Marvel "All Out!" Writers should be encouraged to push all their characters to their limits. Obviously theres a little asterix that says never go full 90's in there. No self censoring to avoid Internet drama and activists who don't read comics anyways. Also no drawing things out farther than they need to be. 4 to 5 chapters at most to tell an arc.

It should be organised into a sort of colour coded section where younger oriented stuff should be "White" branded and older mature stuff should be "Black" branded and other genres like action, cosmic and mystery etc. should have their own colour so audiences know what they should look for to find the stories they want.

And finally, no new characters, or at least, no new heroes or legacies. Writers should be encourages to bring back as many obscure heroes and villains from Marvel's past and update them for a new age. By doing this they not only avoid the risk of creating OC do not steals, but they also may learn something about a past character or storyline that can bring new life into Marvel's world and make it feel more lively.

That's it I guess. I'm sure there's a few holes in there that make that hard to do but it seems like a simple way of structuring the menu better that throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.
>>
>>87173912

It's Spencer and he's full of shit. CWII selling half of CW's numbers while being less profitable at $2 more is a complete shitshow
>>
>>87184110

>Launch like 15 titles total

Congratulations anon, you just killed Marvel and by extension the entire comic industry
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.