[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: R_34.jpg (111KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
R_34.jpg
111KB, 800x450px
Is this any good?
>>
Its better than good, its great
>>
>>87161034
yes
>>
>>87161034
If you have a dick, then yes.
>>
It's the poor man's ATLA imo. Good but lots of untapped potential.
>>
>>87161034
Kinda felt like a slog until the finale, which was god tier.
>>
>>87161034
It is made by frenchmen and has waifus
So no.
>>
File: Cm86Q6WVYAEbIb4.jpg (72KB, 643x705px) Image search: [Google]
Cm86Q6WVYAEbIb4.jpg
72KB, 643x705px
>>87161519
jealous that France seems to have a healthier animation industry than the US now?
>>
>>87161726
The heat death of the universe will occur sooner than me ever feeling a hint of jealousy towards the french. now piss off, and take your waifutrash with you.
>>
>>87161726
French animation seems to be a hit or miss, tits and ass don't automatically make something good.

I think Wakfu's great but there's been a pretty big dip in writing since season 2 onward. The OVAs were pretty damn mediocre.
>>
>>87161034
It doesn't take long to hook you. Just give it twenty minutes
>>
>>87161726
Are you French? If you are, could you answer something for me: What's with French cartoons coming up with contrived ways to maintain the status quo? I thought it was weird enough in Code Lyoko but then Miraculous went and did it too.
>>
The series is great with some dips here and there, but the OVA's are terrible.
>>
>>87161034
The first episode starts with a steampunk time mage fighting off against a blind dragon changling, all within frozen time
>>
>>87162326
I'm not French

but I dont think that has anything to do with France I think that just happens in what are basically monster of the week shows

you either need to ignore or not have collateral damage, deal with it or have some way to explain it away
>>
>>87161325
Imagine if Wakfu had ATLA character development but got to keep Nox instead of having Fire Lord "Literally worse than Hitler" Ozai as the big bad.

I mean seriously, there's no fucking way anyone in the Fire Nation can be under the delusion that they're the good guys anymore.
>>
>>87162326
Not French either but I was a Wakfu fan and from what I've heard, it's usually the networks who want episodic shows over ones with linear plots.
>>
>>87162434
>I mean seriously, there's no fucking way anyone in the Fire Nation can be under the delusion that they're the good guys anymore.
Also his entire army stopped a 100 year wold domination war solely because their leader got beat up and couldn't bend anymore.
>>
>>87162434
No one in Avatar has the historical experience with fascism that we do so it's not that unbelievable that people in the fire nation seem to have no problems with it in-universe.
>>
>>87162434
Not to turn this into an ATLA thread but there was an episode about how the people in the Fire Nation were being told they were bringing peace and glory to an otherwise violent and barbaric world.
>>
>>87162522
Also their aerial fleet was destroyed and they lost Ba Sing Se, all within a day. Their princess was captured too.

The comics do sort of address it and there are still a lot of people in the Fire Nation not completely happy with Zuko.
>>
File: B1D1vEl.jpg (12KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
B1D1vEl.jpg
12KB, 400x384px
>>87161859
>tits and ass don't automatically make something good.
>>
>>87162556
I mean they weren't fascists

they were more similar to European imperialists
>>
>>87161034
Yeah, definitely worth watching.

Watch the subbed version though.
>>
>>87162326
In all fairness with Code Lyoko, the status quo did change a lot throughout the show.

The whole return to the past gimmick was there because they essentially wanted Xana to have a real threat to people at the school, but if everyone remembered these attacks

A. the school would be utterly destroyed real fast
B. no one in their right mind would keep the school open anyways since it's such an obvious target for attacks
C. the writers just didn't want to spend that much time justifying how they kept things a secret like that

They explicitly say that Return to the Past can't bring back the dead, so there's still real danger, but that's honestly kinda weird, because surely it would mean that everyone who died from non-Xana related events just mysteriously drop dead every time these fuckers return to the past.

In any case though, to their credit they also did a lot with exploring the concepts of return to the past. Having relationships change, only to be erased by returning to the past lead to some genuinely interesting outcomes, and there was shit like that time when Ulrich used it to cheat the lottery so that Yumi's family wouldn't have to move and everyone got pissed at him.
>>
File: Jelly.webm (827KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jelly.webm
827KB, 1280x720px
>>87161325
This is kinda a good way to put it, even as a fan of the show. Characterization and world building leave a lot to be desired, but the fights are cool and the plots are good. The humor is major hit and miss and the shit gets real gets amazing while the darkest corner of filler episodes reach extreme levels of pointless.
>>
>>87162947
Woops, submitted before writings up the second part. Was gonna say:
Overall I actually like Dofus more and would recommend watching that, and not just because the Dofus movie was probably the single best thing Ankama has done so far. It's not an action cartoon and it's smaller in scope, but it does what it sets out to do waaaaay better.
>>
>>87162947
been meaning to watch the show and this webm makes it look as comfy as the movie

time to find a torrent
>>
>>87161034
It's great.

First season only has one really questionable episode and has excellent pacing while the writing in S2 tends to meander a bit and it suffers from "Ankama wants to be hardcore but France 3 won't let them" to a minor extent; it's very obvious that much more planning went into S1. That said, S2 is still objectively breddy gud and only really looks worse next to S1 because S1 is top-tier /co/.

Dofus is excellent through and through but best viewed with the context of at least the first season of Wakfu and some background info on the world. It's not necessary, of course, but you get more references and jokes.
>>
>>87163665
True, I've been watching through Dofus with a friend and there's a good deal of lines I've had to just let fly over his head not wanting to stop and explain things constantly. That being said, it also does a good job explaining some other stange things Wakfu doesn't go into, like the gods and all that.
>>
>>87161859
>tits and ass don't automatically make something good.
That's what I was thinking about your mom last night
>>
File: america btfo.png (694KB, 516x517px) Image search: [Google]
america btfo.png
694KB, 516x517px
>>87161325
>It's the poor man's ATLA imo.
Atlafags strike again!
>>
>>87163902
>lighthearted episodes here and there
>then dat episode where they address addiction out of fucking nowhere and add fucking heaps of lore
my body was not ready
also dat dofus movie
fucking 10/10
>>
>>87164286
>address addiction
like drug addiction....
>>
>>87164337
umm... yeah? did I stutter or something?
>>
>>87161034
Watch it, every episode has more than 20 minutes
>>
>>87164286
The movie was great, they did a good job of making everyone sympathetic
>>
Any news or are we back to the semi daily is it good threads.
>>
>>87164236
Where is that from?
>>
>>87161034
Also, the whole serie is made with Flash. ANd it manages to look fuking great, with super dynamic fights.
It's really, really fucking great.
>>
>>87162326
Miraculous is shit tho.
>>
>>87168707
My heart hurts every time I think about what could have been. CGI FUCKING SHITS

https://youtu.be/FlwV3scCgAM
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.