[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deathstroke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 10

File: Deathstroke_Vol_2_1_Textless.jpg (512KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Deathstroke_Vol_2_1_Textless.jpg
512KB, 900x1350px
Why has DC been trying so hard to make this guy happen since 2011?
>>
>>87149648
He is very flexible
>>
Just some edgy jack of all trades merc. Overrated as hell.
>>
>>87149648
>2011

More like 2004
>>
>>87149648
Extreme deadpool, you can see the earning potential dripping off the page
>>
>>87149757
More like 1981
>>
>>87149802
interesting you'd say this cause deadpool was supposed to be a Quipy deathstroke
>>
Cause casuals loved him from the teen Titans cartoon, he's Batman's most popular rogue who is also a ninja
>>
>>87149936
People loved him in Dec 1980 when he premiered
>>
>>87149936
>he's Batman's most popular rogue who is also a ninja
He's not even a Batman rogue.
>>
>>87150091
Tell that to all the casuals who played Arkham Knight
>>87150039
Yeah, the handful of people who were reading Teen Titans at the time, it wasn't until the Anime Inspired cartoon did The Terminator gain mass popularity and start showing up in all forms of DC/WB media. It's like Wolverine, didn't get really popular until casuals who don't read comics saw him in something that wasn't a comic.
>>
>>87150158
I think you're underestimating the number of people who grew up watching the Teen Titans cartoon.
>>
>>87150158
https://youtu.be/V25qNhn6ZmM
>everybody was reading it
You can trust the words of a magical negro
>>
>>87150158
Probably baiting but New Teen Titans was one of the most popular comics of the 80s and Slade as a character is one of the highlights of that decade of cape comics.
>>
>>87150224
Really don't agree with Priest's take on Batman.
>>
>>87150208
No, I'm attributing his popularity to the vast number of people who grew up watching that cartoon, he may have had a fanbase from the comics back in the 80s, sure, but not even a fraction of the fanbase that the cartoon created for him.
>>87150258
I agree, but none the less he didn't become super popular until the teen Titans cartoon. If he was, we would have seen him in BTAS, STAS, JL and JLU, but he was nowhere to be found.
>>
>>87150305
>we would have seen him in BTAS, STAS
not necessarily, he didn't tangle much with Superman or Batman.
> JL and JLU
Teen Titans was running around the same time and the stupid embargo was preventing that. remember, Robin or Nightiwng for example couldn't show up on JL/U either.
>>
>>87150258
Of course he's baiting you fuck
>>87150304
Batman himself would try to deny it, but he knows it's true. It's why he tries to help Dent so much. He believes he's still a good person.
>>
>>87150305
The Teen Titans cartoon was made because he 80's comic was so huge.
>>
>>87150587
Huge as my cock.
>>
>>87150224
oh neat, I didn't know there a Priest video interview about
>>
>>87150841
There's a lot of great information on this one
For example, Superman confirmed for episodes 7-8. Judas Contact Renegotiated as a Deathstroke/Nightwing origin but it's still up in the air on the arrival date due to editorial complications.
>>
>>87149648
Okay so there was this panel posted a while ago that had Deathstroke and Wonder Woman saying "Up, up, and away" together while apparently flying? Does anyone have the panel I'm talking about and if so can you post it and tell me what issue it is from?
>>
>>87150158

>Tell that to all the casuals who played Arkham Knight

Not to mention he will be the main villain of Batfleck's solo movie further cementing him as a Bat rogue
>>
>>87151693
The idea of Titans by Abnett shitting it up has me full of disappointment
>>
>>87153482
This.
>>
>>87149648

He's the closest thing we have to a villainous Batman.
>>
File: Bruh.png (364KB, 407x618px) Image search: [Google]
Bruh.png
364KB, 407x618px
>>87153726
>>
>>87153726
I don't think you know anything about Deathstroke or Batman's rogues.
>>
why does deathstroke trigger these retarded threads every week
>>
>>87149648
Dude is basically Boba Fett.
>>
>>87149648
What's the problem?
>>
>>87155135
Decent in the hands of a competent writer but almost never is?
>>
>>87154031
>>87154060

Explain yourselves.
>>
>>87155791
I'm pretty fucking casual when it comes to Batman and DC in general, but what about Catman? And Promethius? And Owlman?
>>
File: ron.jpg (15KB, 236x351px) Image search: [Google]
ron.jpg
15KB, 236x351px
>>
>>87155887

Catman is a pretty boy who is good at fighting, nothing else. Promethius is pathetic and has his helmet do all the shit for him. Owlman is literally just an alternate-Earth Batman.
>>
>>87149648
Because he's basically evil batman
>>
>>87155791
Wrath
Owlman (Both of them)
Killer Moth (Pre-Charaxes)
Catman
Hush
Red Hood
Prometheus
Hell, even characters like Bane and Black Mask have been set up as anti-Batmen. Over half of this list has better claims as the 'Evil Batman' than Deathstroke.
>>
>>87155935
How the fuck is a guy who's defined as Alternate Earth Evil Batman not Evil Batman?
>>
>>87153726
>>87156086
He's an evil Captain America.
>>
>>87156183

Please explain why they are better "Evil Batmen" than Deathstroke
>>
>>87159184
Owlman is literally evil batman from another universe.
>>
>>87159368

He's literally just Bruce Wayne. He's not his own character like Deathstroke is.
>>
>>87159536
Wrong again. He was Bruce's older brother Thomas Wayne.
>>
>>87159368
Yet Zod is better than Ultraman and Professor Zoom is better than Johnny Quick.
>>
>>87159566

Same thing. He was literally created as an exact copy of Batman, but evil.
>>
>>87155935
>Promethius is pathetic and has his helmet do all the shit for him
not really, he uses a bunch of different gadgets, elaborate planning and is also pretty tough in of himself.
His helmet's just his most distinct trick
>>
Does the new book still have
>America hates blacks
and
>white privilege
or did that fade out? I hate social politics in my spandex crimefighter escapism
>>
>>87160763
>>America hates blacks
>>white privilege
what on earth are you referring to

Also it's a Priest book of course it's going to have commentary, read something else dumb dumb
>>
>>87160836
The page where America won't intervene for the blacks in the first issue
Weird Slade sex page where woman starts talking patriarchy or some shit
>>
>>87150224
>Batman doesn't believe in redemption
Based Christopher Priest recognized people can't change
>>
>>87149648
Because he's getting a good writer for the first time in decades.
>>
>>87153726
There's at least a half-dozen villainous Batmen.
>>
>>87163224
>The page where America won't intervene for the blacks in the first issue
I think that was Slade speaking crap, because people in the US were planning to intervene, but were being blocked by a senator Slade and the dictator chap were working to keep in power.

>Weird Slade sex page where woman starts talking patriarchy or some shit
I think you either imagined that, or interpreted something really badly out of paranoia
>>
Because Taskmaster's popularity was surging at the time.
>>
File: 1.jpg (387KB, 1060x716px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
387KB, 1060x716px
I love Slade.
He's so sexy
>>
>>87165497
Yup.
>>
File: DSK_5_2.jpg (149KB, 781x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSK_5_2.jpg
149KB, 781x1200px
I am loving what Christopher Priest is doing with Deathstroke and Batman .
>>
>>87155935
Catman was pathetic, then he got good and became to Simone what Hal and Sinestro are to Johns.
>>
>>87159184
Deathstroke is evil Captain America. American super-soldier turned mercenary. No loyalty to code or country, despite what he tells himself. Flexible morality. An unhealthy obsession with the most famous sidekick in his universe.

Now, obviously there are some similarities between Deathstroke and Batman. Deathstroke uses prep-time. He's the best in his field. He's a shit dad. These are all traits that makes him an interesting solo character and an interesting Nightwing/Titans villain, but would make for a disappointing Batgod villain.

Deathstroke became popular without having shit to do with Batman. You can count the number of times they've fought on one hand. Getting tied to the Batman books is a downgrade and if the best justification you can give for it is 'evil Batman' then you're not trying hard enough.

Please tell me, why is Deathstroke the best 'Evil Batman'?
>>
>>87166809
>Getting tied to the Batman books is a downgrade
How is it a downgrade from "Teen Titans villain"? If Deathstroke were allowed to be his own character then I'd agree, but most writers and editors are hacks and still force him as a Titans villain. And it's terrible.
>>
>>87166809
I just wanna clarify, I think Batman makes for an interesting Deathstroke villain.
Batman has a whole list of Anti-Batmen set up as dark mirrors to the different aspects of his character. Deathstroke only has Batman, Deadshot, and his dead half-brother.
>>
>>87166831
Nobody forces Slade to be a Titans villain. Slade's ties to the Titans are all personal. The Titans indirectly killed Grant and Joey. Starfire killed Adeline. They publicly accused him of being the infamous contract killer Deathstroke, the Terminator in a high profile court case. Nightwing ruined his relationship with Rose.

Deathstroke is a solo character with a mad-on for the Titans. He's the best contract killer in the DCU and he does that because he always gets away. How does that continue when he's just another Batman villain? He becomes another Deadshot (like the Arkham games) or gets tied into League of Assassin bullshit (like the animated movies). That's terrible.
>>
>>87166932
Were personal,. that's the thing. The character move on with his first solo but then hacks regressed the character back to a Titans villain because "muhh status quo". And it's like Priest said, you have to avoid making it personal for Slade because he's supposedly "the best mercenary" so you either put him up against heroes and have him fail and looking dumb, or he ends up killing your characters.
>That's terrible
as if the last 15 years of Deathstroke appearances haven't been shit.
>>
>>87166963
Nobody regressed him back to being a Titans villain. No idea what you're talking about. They brought him back because they brought back Jericho. Then Deathstroke went back to doing his own thing in the Society. Even when he starred in the book called TITANS, it had nothing to do with the actual Titans.

Anyways, the Titans he hated don't exist anymore. Grant and Adeline's post-Rebirth deaths haven't been defined. Joe is alive again. There's still something there with Nightwing but we don't know what yet.

But like you said, he's supposedly "the best mercenary" so you either put him up against heroes and have him fail and looking dumb, or he ends up killing your characters. Deathstroke's one weakness has always been his family, and keeping Rose happy is literally the only reason he hasn't killed Grayson yet. What's the excuse for Batman? He's gonna fail and look dumb.
>>
>>87166809
>Deathstroke is evil Captain America
yeah, I prefer this analogy to the evil Batman one. I think Priest even said that young Slade was drawn kind of like a dodgy Steve Rogers
>>
File: Slade kill.jpg (426KB, 981x1518px) Image search: [Google]
Slade kill.jpg
426KB, 981x1518px
This page is kinda ironic, given how Slade eventually turned out
>>
>>87149648

because marvel made deadpool work and DC wants a piece of the cake too.
>>
>>87166963
>so you either put him up against heroes and have him fail and looking dumb, or he ends up killing your characters.
Well, you can bring him into conflict with them by giving a goal like killing someone other than the hero, and the hero having to prevent it. That way he can succeed without bumping off a protagonist
>>
>>87167273
This is a Deathstroke thread not a Harley thread
>>
>>87167275
But that's the thing, you're not making it personal in that case, which is fine. In his original appearance it was personal and he took care of it. And that's that. No need to rehash shit.
>>
>>87150091
He isn't really anyone's rogue, anymore.
>>
So why did he hate the titans in the cartoon? Who the fuck hired him!?
Why am i the only person who is bothered by this?
>>
>>87167203
Im guessing this was before he went batshit nutso from his powers?
>>
>>87167292

yeah and deadpool isn't marvels version of deathstroke.
>>
>>87167349
>looking for depth in that cartoon
oh child
And nobody hired him, he wasn't a mercenary there, he was just an evil man with a keikkaku. He probably wanted to rule the world or some generic shit.
>>
>>87167349
no one hired him.
he was looking for a new apprentice and set his sights on Robin.
>>
>>87149648
I Guess it's a combination of
1) The people who read his early appearances when they were young are now working at DC
2) Tacticool or whatever you call it characters are kind popular right now
3) Deadpool's popularity's probably made them think they might be able to cash in on it a bit, because of DP's derivative elements from Slade, even though most of the things that've made Deadpool popular aren't really present in Slade
>>
>>87167366
Giving Deadpool a daughter certainly wasn't the most inspired decision...
>>
File: RCO003 (1).jpg (374KB, 1038x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO003 (1).jpg
374KB, 1038x1600px
>>87166963
>as if the last 15 years of Deathstroke appearances haven't been shit.
Individual storylines may have been shit, but watching Deathstroke's slow spiral down from consummate merc to bitter old man holding a grudge has been amazing. Especially because the compressed timeline means all of this happened within a 5-7 year period.

Think about it.
Slade Wilson - Deathstroke, the Terminator. Estranged from his family. Has nothing but Wintergreen and his reputation.
His son dies fighting the Titans.
Slade needs to protect his rep (and maybe feels guilt about his kid) and hounds the Titans over it. He goes a little overboard.
Slade's ex-wife and remaining son to team up with the Titans to stop his craziness.
Slade stops, makes peace with his family and drops the contract against the Titans.
His remaining son, Jericho, still with the Titans, gets possessed by some Raven/Trigon/Azarath shit. Slade kills him. Blames the Titans, but keeps it professional. They go their separate ways.
Deathstroke makes some questionable calls, compromises his morals, and winds up party to Cheshire nuking Qurac. Also his new female friend gets killed.
Slade's ex-wife, bitter and crazy, launches an attack on both Deathstroke and the Titans, bringing them together yet again. The Titans give her a mercy killing. Once again, Slade blames the Titans and walks away.
During all of this, the Titans are developing a good relationship with Slade's forgotten bastard daughter Rose, who wants nothing to do with her criminal father.
It turns out Joey escaped death, and was hiding away in Slade's head all this time!
Jericho takes over Slade's body, kills Wintergreen, and starts a war on the new kiddie Titans. The Titans help capture Jericho, and Slade tries to build bridges with his last normal child.
Rose and Deathstroke become thick as thieves, till Nightwing comes along and steals her away. She hates him. And this is the third child he's lost to the Titans.
Deathstroke goes full-on supervillain.
>>
>>87167365
I suppose so. When'd he go nuts? This is from his 90s onging that I didn't know existed until about a week ago, and which I was surprised to learn run for 60 issues or more
>>
>>87167417
Damian ?
>>
>>87167406

you got to milk every dime out of it.
>>
>>87167417
>>87167439

So, the same Deathstroke you see >>87167203, who was hardcore anti-mass-murder, slowly turned crazy through that healing factor treatment he got in the 90's book (same way Adeline went nuts), through incessant personal tragedies, and with nobody left in his life to keep him balanced, goes full-blown evil.
Slade joins the Society.
Slade starts killing superheroes for fun.
Slade bombs Bludhaven.
Slade starts fucking with the Titans just 'cause.
And that's honestly where he was before Flashpoint hit. Deathstroke was crazy. But when you look at everything that happened to him, it kinda made sense.
>>
File: Deathstroke Sorrentino variant.jpg (86KB, 591x897px) Image search: [Google]
Deathstroke Sorrentino variant.jpg
86KB, 591x897px
>>87167417
>has been amazing
Please be joking. They turned an interesting character into a joke. The essence of the character is perfectly summed up by Priest
>Slade is someone that wants to love and wants to be loved but is incapable of neither
He was a character that failed as a father, but that period made him a character that purposefully tried to be a bad father,instead of a character that was a bad father simply because he didn't know who to be a good one. In his very first appearance he tells HIVE to fuck off with their contract because it stinks but in the period we're talking about they turned him into a one dimensional asshole that could only shout "muhh contract" like a pokemon. They were far more interested in portraying him as a total monster that nukes an entire city to show the retarded capefan that "see, he's evil therefore he's a villain" instead of telling his tale and letting the viewer see for himself.
Slade's story is tragic but Slade is not a sympathetic character and I guess that's hard for a lot of writers to grasp, it's either "he's bad" or "he's good".
His idea of building a relationship with Rose was to drug her and stab her eye out like a maniac because, get this, he's a villain and villains are supposed to be 100% all evil all the time.
>>
>>87167439
Oh, well that's weird he's so pissed about innocent lives then, his unhinging I think started when he got regeneration and increased physical abilities.
There's likely a better anon to ask hee though.
>>
>>87167514
>he was crazy because magic potion xD
Lazy as fuck desu.
>>
>>87167514
>>87167536
Oh i thought the powers were way earlier then that.
Thanks anon, disregard me that guy knows his shit.
>>
>>87165497
Duh. Even his own daughter wants to fuck him.
>>
>>87167439
>When'd he go nuts?
Sometime in the early 00s or so. It got retconned that he was always crazy so his appearances in that ongoing or in NTT were supposed to be him crazy but...retcons.
>>
>>87149648
Kind of like no reason boner, Deathstroke has no reason popularity. I think casuals like him for his style, but DC has no idea what kind of substance should accompany him.
>>
File: 1477163701457.jpg (219KB, 645x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1477163701457.jpg
219KB, 645x1095px
>>87167558
damn right she does
>>
File: 1475802745676.png (813KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1475802745676.png
813KB, 1600x900px
>>87167573
Did you just autocorrect anon to boner?
>>
>>87167533
New 52 Slade Wilson was a joke. He was every 90's Liefeldian stereotype rolled up into one.
Pre-Flashpoint Deathstroke wasn't what we wanted him to be, but there was a clear character arc that Priest is reintegrating back into the character.
>>
>>87167684
Pre-Flashpoint does not refer to one specific version of Deathstroke. Wolfman's Deathstroke was very different from what happened to the character in the last 15 or so years(that was a caricature of a character). Priest hasn't read a comic for about 15 years so of course his version is closer to Wolfman. And that's a good thing. The
>>
>>87167721
>The
>THE
>>
>>87166809
KGBeast is evil Captain America.
>>
>>87166664
I don't. It's like when Snyder just -HAD- to do a Joker story that spiraled out of control
>>
>>87167721
Pre-Flashpoint refers to Deathstroke as he existed in the few years leading up to Flashpoint, and the accumulated stories told about him.

Priest excels at integrating alternate takes on a character into his runs and he's clearly doing that here. He's got Rose's relationship with Grayson, he's got Wintergreen's death. All of those are from the last 15 years.
>>
>>87150587
No it wasn't. The people that would have been reading that book in the 80s were not the demographic of that little faux-anime cartoon. And that generations children (in a broad, general, full demographic sense) weren't born or were far too young to remember that show.
>>
>>87168754
He didn't say it was made FOR the fans of the comic. He said it was made because the comic made enough noise through its popularity.
>>
>>87153562
I'm enjoying Titans. It isn't terrible.
>>
>>87166664
I love sociopath Batman
>>
>>87150158
Retarded casual opinions don't mean shit. Guess you are one then
>>
>>87150305
Fuck of you absolute casual you're just making shit up to match with your personal opinion
>>
>>87171036
All-Savage Batman. Either Slade and Rose don't know Robin is his biological son or they believe him to be that much of a douche. Most probably the latter.

PermalinkembedÜbergeordnet
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.