[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KotH is one of my favorite shows of all time, but did anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: king-of-the-hill-netflix.jpg (91KB, 802x712px) Image search: [Google]
king-of-the-hill-netflix.jpg
91KB, 802x712px
KotH is one of my favorite shows of all time, but did anyone else ever notice how awful the subplots usually were?

>BOBBY AND PEGGY GUESS THE WEIGHT OF ICE CREAM CUPS AT THE GROCERY STORE!

Shit like that. The subplots got progressively worse as the seasons passed. They were just boring time fillers. It shouldn't have been too difficult to stretch the main plot out to 22 minutes, but apparently it was.

I don't even know what the point of this thread is. I guess post your KotH pet peeves ITT.
>>
File: dalehehthatgavemesomepleasure.jpg (23KB, 523x293px) Image search: [Google]
dalehehthatgavemesomepleasure.jpg
23KB, 523x293px
>>87147714

I liked when they got competitive over Pong.

good times.
>>
File: lucky.png (200KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
lucky.png
200KB, 500x375px
the subplots got even worse after lucky got introduced into the show.

lucky is a worthless character and i can't even say i hate him, because his personality is just... nothingness.
>>
>That subplot where Bobby sticks beans up his nose and suffocates
Now that I think about it, lot of them focused on Peggy and Bobby.
>>
>>87147714
I might just have SHIT TASTE but I thought the subplots were usually fine. It didn't happen much but I'd like when they briefly intersected with the main plot, but not in a way where either actually influenced the other. Like how the subplot for one episode involved Peggy competing against Minh to give blood, and in one main-plot scene where Hank's talking to Bobby Peggy's just lying on the couch totally out of it. Helps make it feel more "real" I guess.

I think they were just trying to make them typically about mundane shit because the show itself is so grounded. Like the fact that characters are doing pointless things while the more important stuff happens is kind of a joke on its own.

I'm sure there were subplots that sucked but usually that's because the rest of the episode sucked too. I can't think of an episode I really like that also had a subplot I hated or that felt it was there just to fill time.
>>
>>87147954
Hank was surrounded by idiots. He should have never given up teaching Advanced Chemistry at Cambridge.
>>
>>87147903
The thing about Lucky was that he was a successful attempt at creating a likeable scumbag

He seemed like a cool dude with his mannerisms and gentle demeanor, then you watch a little closely and it turns out he's a douche

Say what you will, but it's fairly cool characterization even if you think he fucked up the show
>>
>>87147714

Subplots are always worse than the main story.
>>
File: enjoy slurm.png (239KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
enjoy slurm.png
239KB, 500x312px
>that subplot where peggy donates blood til she can't stand for a mug
>>
>>87148807

The exception is classic Simpsons seasons.

The Mr. Sparkle segment was actually just a B-plot to some fuckin' forgettable episode where Marge gives advice to churchgoers, but nobody remembers that part.
>>
>>87148159
>He should have never given up teaching Advanced Chemistry at Cambridge.
Wait, what?
>>
>>87148255
I agree, while the show went down hill when he came along I thought he was a fairly decent character in itself. I think it's because most of his terrible actions come from an act of ignorance and stupidity rather then full on malice.

He's basically the southern version of Charlie from It's Always Sunny.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.