[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: champions.jpg (136KB, 612x460px) Image search: [Google]
champions.jpg
136KB, 612x460px
I'm feeling it.
>>
>>87135814
Could have been okay if Waid hadn't spent several pages saying "this isn't your average superhero comic" only for the rest to be a completely average superhero comic, but with hashtags.
>>
>>87135814
Feeling #woke?
>>
I'm feeling woke, finally.
>>
>>87135814
People here demonize it. It's bad but it's not CW2 levels bad.

Sure, Kamala is a bitch throughout it and the ending is a disaster but it could have been worse.
>>
>>87135842
How much of the hate is just typical sjw hate though? Just look at this thread already.
>>
>>87135868
I mean, it does kind of deserve a certain amount of hate. Like an anon said on another thread this is the posterchild for Marvel NOW and let's be honest, it's not good.

I'm sure some people here haven't even read it and just repost the ebbin #woke meme to fit in. though.
>>
>>87135905
I think overall, Marvel NOW gets more hate than it deserves tbqh. I don't even bother checking marvel threads anymore.
>>
Memes aside I thought it was at least acceptable while they were putting the team together but the latter half was a trainwreck.
>>
>>87135927
Ok, anon, you seem like a fine chap. Tell me, which Marvel NOW! books do you think are legitimately good?

I'm being dead serious. From the ones I've read (Iron DOOM, Champions, GLA and CAGE), I think most of them are subpar or just straight up bad.
>>
>>87135949
With WHY DON'T YOU FIX THE TRAIN TRACKS!?!?!?!???!!!
Fuck no.
>>
>>87135814
Are we just going to keep having this thread every day until #2 comes out?
>>
>>87135963
Ms marvel, Elektra, vision, and moon knight. Loved them.
>>
File: drowning in brown sugar.jpg (204KB, 1173x776px) Image search: [Google]
drowning in brown sugar.jpg
204KB, 1173x776px
>>87135814
>Kamala will never tell your teammate about having shipped you with Stinger in her fanfic while choking you out
Why even live?
>>
>>87136053
Those are all ANAD.
>>87135963
>not liking GLA or Cage
Alright man
>>
>>87135977
I think that is a good point badly made.
They keep wrecking the town in epic battles but hardly attempt rebuilding efforts.
Kamala has had issues with that before.
Of course they cannot just do structural repairs immediately, but the situation is not at all satisfying for the civilians who have their lives trampled on.
You would also complain if SWAT units came through your neighborhood in a running gun fight.
>>
>>87136053
They're not Marvel NOW! though. They're continuing titles from All-New All-Different.

See when DCYou came out I couldn't claim Batman was a DCYou title even though it was ongoing when DCYou came around.
>>
>>87136078
Thqt's why we have Damage Inc.
>>
>>87136085
Well that's tough considering how early it is. Which is why I find the hate so odd. GLA is pretty tight.
>>
>>87135832
Well, if you ignore the whole container thing then yeah, it would be a perfectly bland comic...which is probably the worst thing a comic can be.
Also, the art is atrocious and the copy paste shit is just...can we please move on? it's 2016 for fuck's sake. Then again, Marvel has Liefeld jr. working for them, so...
>>
>>87136112
Which is just an excuse to have writers up the destruction without raising questions as to how there even is a city left.
It really is a lazy fix to point to when convenient.
>>
>>87135814
>Fake Spiderman
>Fake Hulk
>Fake Nova
>Fake Vision
>Shitclops
Ms Marvel

1/6 isn't good enough for me to get into,
>>
>I'm not going to give a big speech
>proceeds to do exactly that
Come on now.
>>
>>87136078
The problem is Waid thought "What about the shit that gets wrecked after the fights?" and then immediatly stopped there and that's perfectly translated into Ms. Marvel's dialogue

"We should fix thew traintracks and the hotdog stand!"

How? Do you know how to fix them? Do you have money to pay for it?

The answers are obviously "no", and all she's doing is yelling "someone should do something!" but not coming up with a solution herself.
>>
>>87136241
>The answers are obviously "no", and all she's doing is yelling "someone should do something!" but not coming up with a solution herself.
Perfectly, but probably unintentionally, summing up millenials
>>
I really want it to become something BIG for some reason.
>>
>>87136307
okay mark.
>>
>>87136307
See I think this is a big problem a lot of people had. A lot of readers like Kamala, a lot of readers feel sad for Sam and many think Chulk is ok while all Kingfags ADORE Vivian.

Putting them together on a team created expectation of the new team to represent Marvel in the 2010s and sadly what we got didn't deliver.
>>
>>87136341
Well said but I still feel like it could be. I mean it's it's just been one issue. Can't I dream a little?
>>
>>87136391
You can. Judging a run after one issue is for legitimately retarded people. Many acclaimed runs here on /co/ started with shit issues.
>>
They wouldn't have to worry about smashing up the buildings if they just shot the supervillains from a distance.
>>
>>87136241
Well the kids could apparently fix a goddamn mine shaft off-panel so maybe they could.
>>
>>87135832
This here. Very much.

>>87135814
Its not bad, but it feels like
"All these kids are on twitter" that is more taken from jersey shore.

If they didnt used the young hip internet so blatantly it would be better. It would be an very ok book. So its just an average ok book.
>>
File: Jem_-_Finally_Woken.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Jem_-_Finally_Woken.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>32 posts
>only 3 mentions of 'finally woke'
Damn, this thread really #finallywoke me
>>
>>87135977
>>87136078
>>87136241
Yes, its a good intention with bad execution.
Falcons answer should be more "we dont have the know how to do it properly" maybe with ms marvels reavtion that they should secure it or help by carring them to their destination.
But it was just because kamela should make her speach.

If you translate this on real world. Its as if some swat team has to scrub the blood, repair doors and windows, after they stormed the house were the criminal bunkered himself.
>>
>>87136589
That doesnt really count. It stabilize it. But not repaired it. Thats equal to you go to a house which is collapsing, you push the walls in place and than use planks to stabilize it.
Its safe for rescue but not safe for work.
>>
>>87136112
>Damage Inc.

Did this change? It's Damage Control. Damage Inc. is a Metallica song.
>>
>>87137076
>Yes, its a good intention with bad execution.
Just like every hack comic in existence? :^)
>>87139661
I swear they were Damage Inc. to me from day one.
>>
>>87135868
>How much of the hate is just typical sjw hate though?

It was a pretty mediocre book without a clear tone and characters just being preachy or unlikeable.

First, bitching about ''The Avengers don't care about rebuilding, just about destrying!'' is fucking dumb, not only because the ''Champions'' end up doing the SAME thing in that very same issue, but it also is because its not up to them to literally pick up hammers and shovels to rebuild!

Hell! You can even argue that people like Tony Stark are always using their money to help rebuild and I bet you can find tons of examples with superheroes rebuilding and helping in all possible scenarios. Fucking dumb!

Then we go to a forced ''teaming up!!!'' part that felt forced as fuck, I bet they don't talk about Teenage Girl Vision being a fucking gamer in the Vision book, let alone being friends with Chulk.

Also you just can't give a flying fuck about Kamala, Sam and Miles being ''friends'' like you do with Robin, Best Boy, StarFire,Cyborg and other titans, this Marvel shit feels forced as fuck and is not that much of a ''true'' friendship of 66% of the people involved want to fuck the other 33%
>>
>>87135814
I wasn't really impressed. With the exception of the "trinity" every ones reason for joining was kind of half-assed. And even with the "trinity" I felt I was filling in blanks or making up a story as to why they left the Avengers as opposed to anything the story gave me.

But it wasn't awful.
>>
>>87135814
Probably one of the few good things to come out of the Civil War II debacle

I still think that they should've gotten a younger creative team for it though
>>
>>87140160

I honestly think that there should be a rule about people having to explain why they like Champions when they say shit like this.

Because fucking hell, you can't tell me that the guy that wrote this garbage is the same guy that wrote Kingdom Come because this is some webcomic tier shit.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.