[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Superman Earth One

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 2_1.jpg (130KB, 650x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2_1.jpg
130KB, 650x1000px
Hello /co/ first time poster here I've really enjoyed the Earth One series I've read alot of superman and things like Allsttar I have been able to find sequels to but I cannot find any information on a Superman Earth One volume 4

Do any of you know if it is happening or is the series done with 3 volumes? Thanks in advance
>>
>>87134771
I have not seen any anouncments of a 4th volume but i dont think they ever said it would be the last.
I guess you will just have to keep an eye on the solicts.
>>
>>87134847
Ok thank you for the response, I was under the impression that this series sells really well?

Also Would you recommend the Batman Earth One series? I am not a Batman fan but I do like his 70s detective comics stories and Year One Long Halloween etc I just dont like the realistic batman they do alot now but this Superman series did real superman very well so I might be willing to give it a chance

sprry for poor grammar
>>
>>87134771
>>87134847
>>87134886
Sorry, Straczynski says three volumes is all he's got planned.

https://twitter.com/straczynski/status/669327093134553088
>>
>>87134915
Wait 18 months from when he finishes it to publication.
Maybe aquaman earth one is not dead.
Then again if it was finished they would have probably released it for his 75th.
>>
>>87134886
You should read Batman E1, but mainly for Gordon.
And pick up Wonder Woman E1, for sure.
Grab Teen Titans if you want to read a failed movie pitch.

>>87134915
He's also supposed to write Flash E1, which is why Morrison has to write his story as the first in Multiversity Too.
Maybe someone else will pick up Superman that isn't Max Landis.
>>
>>87134915
>the flash

God damn it I get having the trinity but now this is just going to turn into yet another big convoluted universe

At least superman earth one had a good ending I suppose
>>
>>87134994
>Landis

Stopped reading American alien after the trainwreck that was issue 3 plus it seems unnecessary as a series

Is it worth finishing?
>>
>>87134771
Why don't they ever give a Superman comic to a good writer? Who thought JMS was a decent enough writer to write their flagship character?
>>
>>87135106

>who thought jms was a good enough writer to write their flagship character

Obviously OP and the other people who enjoy it friend
>>
>>87135013
Yes, I liked the first three though

Fourth issue is fun and has a nice unique proto-costume. Last issue is alright but has a "that's it?" vibe for the ending. Probably could have used one or two more.
>>
>>87135013
>it seems unnecessary as a series

Well it's just his own non-canon spin on the origin story like Earth One v1.
>>
>>87135106
JMS wrote the best modern run on Spider-Man fag. That's not saying much but still.
>>
>>87135237
He also wrote some of the worst stories of Spider-man and Superman.
>>
>>87134994
that is a real shame I really hope they make more superman earth ones but thank you will get batman i like gordon i dont like wonder woman though OP here by the way
>>
>>87135013
The Earth One line is also unnecesary, that didn't stop you.

But yeah, it is worth finishing...except if you're a continuityfriend
>>
>>87137796
Earth one had a specific goal of just doing heroes in our world, outside of continuity as a stand alone series

American Alien is to inform readers of a superman origin? Why not just pick up birthright or something
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.