[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you looking forward to this /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 261
Thread images: 18

File: the snikt of us.jpg (531KB, 1197x796px) Image search: [Google]
the snikt of us.jpg
531KB, 1197x796px
Are you looking forward to this /co/?
>>
>>87128602
No, not really.

Honestly, I would prefer it if Fox just stopped raping the X-Men franchise and give the rights back to Marvel. It would the morally right thing to do. And we would finally have a GOOD X-Men movie (with Actual good costumes). The X-Men belong back at Marvel. Besides, who doesn't want to see the X-Men in the MCU?
>>
>>87128602

Yes.

It looks like an emotional, character-driven story featuring actors giving it their all in their final performances as characters we've watched onscreen for close to twenty years. I can't wait to see it.
>>
>>87128740
>who doesn't want to see the X-Men in the MCU?
X-fags don't even want them in the comic MU anymore
>>
It looks like it could be good, but the director does not inspire much confidence. Also calling it Logan instead of Old Man Logan is weird and stupid.
>>
>>87128859
Are you telling m you wouldn't want to see a Captain America/Wolverine WW2 movie?

Or Peter Parker teaming up with Ice Man and Firestar?

Or Beast on the Avengers?

Or Kitty Pryde dating Peter Parker (or Peter Quill?)

Or Carol fighting Rogue?

Or Deadpool on the Avengers?

Or a film adaption of Avengers vs X-Men!!!!!

Are you insane?
>>
>>87128602
I'm not an X-Men fan, never have been. However, this movie has some promise. It could actually be a fantastic movie, but at the same token it could be like the other Wolverine movies, where the generic action traits are pushed over what could make Wolverine a unique and cool character.
>>
>>87128993
I' rather have a non-quippy Wolverine and a plot that takes itself seriously, and potentially, a film that can even go as far to show what Wolverine's the best at doing.
>>
>>
>>87128993
Not that anon but I wouldn't.
I've never been able to justify the whole "mutants bad, fantastic four good!" thing. X-men works better in a universe where mutants are the only kind of superhuman.
>>
>>87128993
Are you being ironic or retarded?
>Captain America/Wolverine WW2 movie
Ship has sailed.
>Peter Parker teaming up with Ice Man and Firestar
Does anyone actually care about SM and his Amazing Friends
Also
>Caring about Iceman
>Beast on the Avengers
Don't care about the Avengers
>Kitty Pryde dating Peter Parker (or Peter Quill?)
>Inserting Bendis trash
>Carol fighting Rogue
Not necessary 2bh
>Deadpool on the Avengers?
Why would you want to castrate Foxpool?
>a film adaption of Avengers vs X-Men!!!!!
It was shit. It was amusing shit, like a car crash or Bayformers but shit nonetheless.
>>
>>87128602
I thought the bad future times was averted?
>>
>>87129093
>film that can even go as far to show what Wolverine's the best at doing
Yeah, because the last PG13 Wolverine movies really showed that (like boxing Blob).

Face it, anon. The X-Men would be better off in the hands of Marvel Studios. Just imagine a X-Men movie made the based THE based Ruffos. It woud be glorious. Also, unlike Fox, Marvel Studios would actually treat the characters with respect and would give movies to multiple characters and not just Wolverine.
>>
>>87128602
Join Wolverine
>FOR THE 8TH FUCKING TIME
>>
>>87129146
It's called racism/prejudice, anon. It doesn't have logic or reason. Plus it's a comic book movie.
>>
>>87129220
>expecting X-men movies to follow their own cannon.
>>
>>87128740
>Besides, who doesn't want to see the X-Men in the MCU?

Me. Fuck off Disnigger. No MCU movie is as good as X2.
>>
>>87128602
I wonder if they'll have her wake up and ask Logan, "I'm awake, Why?"
>>
>>87129205
>The Shittaste!!!
>IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>87128740
> Besides, who doesn't want to see the X-Men in the MCU?
I don't. Fox X-men has a certain charm that would just get shit on if you gave it back to the MCU. Plus no one could replace Patrick or Hugh.
>finally have a GOOD X-Men movie
We had a couple all ready. Hell Apocalypse was enjoyable at the least.
>Actual good costumes
Apocalypse. They need some fixing though.
>>
>>87128602
Yeah, I am, surprisingly. I didn't even like the other two Wolverine focused films but this looks both beautifully shot and intimately character driven.

I think that's needed a bit when the dominant superhero film storyline is about stopping fairly impersonal end-of-the-world schemes.

Deadpool did character-driven superhero well comedically, and I think that this'll do it well dramatically.
>>
>>87128740
honestly the peaks of the X-men movies are better than the peaks of the MCU

granted when its shit its shit (X3, Wolverine Origins)
>>
>>87129220
This one is only bad for mutants. Everyone else is living normally.
>>
>>87129277
Shouldn't you be busy raping little boys, Singer?
Maybe if you wanted Apocalypse to beat Civil War on RottenTomatoes then maybe you should have made the X-Men Fun and not grimdark hmmmm?
>>
>>87129291
Oh, I see. Well, Happy Shitposting.
>>
>>87129360
Are you literally 12 years old?
>>
>>87129228
Its like your complaining about things that are already over. Wolverine is gone, We're getting a new director for the mainline, Deadpool 2 with cable, X-force and New-mutants.
>>
>>87129228
that wasnt the last PG13 wolverine movie though, the last one was him in Japan you dummy.
>>
>>87128740
Thanks Disney intern
>>
>>87128602
I'm actually happy they're stripping back most of the Old Man Logan stuff. Obviously they don't have the rights for much of it, but they haven't even replaced it with other ridiculous stuff. Things like Venom as a T.rex and all the giant skeletons just serve as distracting gimmicks in the context of this story. It needs to be sparse and more gritty to really work.

It's gonna be another Mark Millar adaption where the film is far superior to the comic.

Considering how bad Nemesis was, I wonder how an adaption of that could make it good.
>>
>>87129300
>Plus no one could replace Patrick or Hugh
They could be easily replaced. They didnt even play the characters well. Tom Holland was better than both of them.
>Hell Apocalypse was enjoyable at the least.
It has a lower score than X3 on rotten tomatoes.

And the costumes look like something you'd find at a dollar halloween store.
>>
>>87129228
This movie is gonna be rated R
>>
>>87129417
Thanks Fox intern.

Hey, can you tell your bosses to also stop raping the Fantastic Four?
>>
File: 1476734076461.jpg (29KB, 357x312px) Image search: [Google]
1476734076461.jpg
29KB, 357x312px
>>87129425
>They could be easily replaced. They didnt even play the characters well. Tom Holland was better than both of them.
Why do I even try?
>>
>>87129228
>Marvel Studios would actually treat the characters with respect

Like how they respected Tony's alcoholism, or how they respected The Mandarin, or how they respected The Wasp and didn't just make up a new Wasp, or how they respected The Infinity Gems, or how they respected Guardians of the Galaxy, or how they respected Whiplash, or how they respected The Crymson Dynamo.
Marvel Studios has NO respect for their source material. They bend it over and force it to say mamma.
>>
>>87129228
>thinks "looks like a tv show" Russos are based.

kek
>>
>>87129425
>basing your opinion on Rotten Tomatoes

oh okay, so you're just an idiot
>>
>>87128602
I am super hyped
>>
Actually yea
Aside from AoA which was "ok" at best, the recent x films have all been pretty good
This one looks good so far, the trailer was great
Old man Xavier looks great and ravagers are always wonderful to see
>>
>>87129490
>how they respected The Mandarin
>WAAAAHHHHH MUH RACIST STEREOTYPE WAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
Ohhhh, you're one of THOSE....

Sorry, if I knew I was talking to a Trump supporter...well...
>>
>>87129614
>MCUcks are numale sjw's

wew lad
>>
>>87129503
They are based. Captain America The Winter Soldier is literally the Citizen Kane of Cape Kino.
>>
>>87129614
Man what the fuck are you even talking about right now
>>
>>87128993
None of that would happen, and in the unlikely chance it did, they would fuck it up
>>
>>87129521
Let me guess, you also liked Batman v Superman and America Ultra, huh?

You are so adorable.
>>
>>87128602
Are people's reference pools really so shallow that the first thing they think of related to this premise is The Last of Us?
>>
>>87129638
Typical Alt-Right response.
>>
>>87129665

You broke his brain
>>
>>87129670
take your company wars with you and go back to /tv/
>>
>>87129686
Yes
Welcome to 2016 anon enjoy your stay
>>
>>87129711
It's not really a war when one company is dominating all the others. Just sayin.
>>
>>87128740
>With actual good costumes
>MCU
They can't even stop themselves from changing Capt America's costume every other movie.
And if they treated half of Xmen how they treat half of MCU characters they'll all be CGI from the neck down for their costumes.
>>
>>87129686
Most internet dwellers have only consumed media made in since 2000.
>>
>>87129277
Iron Man 1, Winter Soldier and Civil War definitely are. GotG is debatable.

X2 is definitely the peak of the movies and I love it, but lets not pretend its brilliant filmmaking.
>>
>>87129665
he is obviously just trolling, and poorly at that
>>
>>87129843
At least Cap has a costume AND a mask. Unlike Wolverine.

*drop the mic*
>>
>>87129686
my first thought was The Road since I never played The Last of Us
>>
>>87129918
It's not trolling if it's True.
MCU rules
Fox Drools
/thread
>>
>>87129919
Why would Wolverine need a mask?
Who is he keeping his identity secret from?

Also cap doesn't wear a helmet most the time.
>>
>>87129919
>cap wears a mask

wew lad
>>
>>87129843
>they'll all be CGI from the neck down for their costumes
This almost exclusively applies to Iron Man characters.
>>
>>87129425
>muh rt

Are you capable of forming an opinion on your own? I haven't seen Apocalypse, but given how the critical landscape is now I wouldn't be surprised if a film called "Apocalypse" was criticized for not being "fun" enough.
>>
>>87129968
Because it's a part of his costume. But Fox is too ashamed and embarrassed of their comic book source material to give it to him.
>>
>>87129915
>but lets not pretend its brilliant filmmaking.
Literally no comic book movie is brilliant film making, so don't try to imply a fucking MCU movie is.
>>
>literally responding to a guy who says drop the mic, /thread and loves the MCU

Why is /co/ so easy to bait?
>>
File: image.jpg (405KB, 1220x1732px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
405KB, 1220x1732px
>>87129999
>hating rt
Go away Max Landis. You're just jelly that people like Thor The Dark World and Star Wars the Force Awkens more than your shitty movies.

Also, your dad is a murderer.
>>
>>87128602
That's a really young X-23, I gotta say.

With the goofy sunglasses and rainbow shirt, I thought for sure she was meant to be Molly Hayes. But I guess you can't have Molly without her hats. (Except this is Fox we're talking about)

A Doop backback or something I could live with, though.
>>
>>87130034
>Literally no comic book movie is brilliant film making
The MCU says otherwise.
>>
>>87130106

>never been nominated for any major award after a dozen movies

No, it only proves my point.
>>
>>87128602
Extremely excited. Especially to see where they take Laura after this and how this is gonna evolve, maybe watch her grow up and develop into her own, since this is a Laura that seems to have a better coming up than the one we know that got in prostitution and general debauchery all around.
>>87128993
Hugh Jackman is done, Wolverine should also be done. He's synonymous with the character and has done it justice despite the writing itself not doing him justice at times.

It'd be like if suddenly RDJ just stopped being Iron-Man, its weird because there are certain perfect roles for certain characters. Hell back in the 90s in old comic issues they use to ask questions of people and RDJ was a common choice for Iron-Man.
>>
>>87129686
Are you saying Logan doesn't look like Joel in that photo?
>>
>>87130078
Victor Frankenstein could have been good, but really feels like it was a first draft.
>>
>>87130071
Because /tv/ does nothing but try to b8 people because they're all losers with no lives. /co/ is just retarded enough to take it like /v/.
>>
>>87129686
This.

Its Hell or Highwater mixed with The Road. Its just loosely about Old Man Logan and Innocence Lost.
>>
>>87130034
Spider-man 2 and Nolan Batman movies are.
>>
>>87130149
>HURR DURR THERE CAN NEVER BE A WOLVERINE BECAUSE MUH JACKMAN
He's not even that good of a Wolverine if you take off the nostalghia goggles.

And by your same idiotic logic, we would never have Tom Holland as Spidey because replacing actors is hitler-tier. And then we wouldn't have had the best Spidey performance on the big screen.

Hugh is the "best" Wolverine because he's literally the only actor to play him and there's nothing to compare him to.
>>
File: No.png (841KB, 849x437px) Image search: [Google]
No.png
841KB, 849x437px
>>87129425
>>87129521
>>87129670
>>87130078
Rather RT than CA
>>
>>87130231
The only one that comes close is TDK and it was entirely carried by an unforgettable performance.
>>
>>87130071
There's literally nothing wrong with loving the MCU.

Before /co/ became tumblr wars, this whole place did. But now it has absolute mainstream domination and faggots like you want to pretend these aren't mostly good movies.

And frankly as an oldfag, you have no idea how good media is for comic book fans right now. I'll gladly take what we have now over everything trying to be a really shitty version of Burton's Batman.
>>
>>87130192
Don't you think that maybe some of us are tired of Fox raping X-Man and Fantastic Four and just want to see them come home?
>>
File: X-23 doesn't want to be awake.jpg (450KB, 900x1551px) Image search: [Google]
X-23 doesn't want to be awake.jpg
450KB, 900x1551px
Fuck yes X-23 Hype.

The fact that they cast her so young worries me a bit, child actors and all, but I remain hopeful.

>>87129284
>>
File: 379437933.jpg (172KB, 759x626px) Image search: [Google]
379437933.jpg
172KB, 759x626px
>>87130078
The fact that Thor the Dark World received a fresh is enough reason to disregard RT.
>>
>>87128740
fuck off, apocalypse was the best capeshit in years
>>
speaking of Last of Us. I've been trying to beat Grounded difficult and it's fucking bullshit. I kill enemies with guns, and I can't fucking take their ammo! That doesn't make any sense! Also, I go into a room and I'll hear some guys talking before they go their separate way, and when I die and have to go in again, they don't do the talk and they stay in one spot as if I didn't trigger their conversation. This really fucking sucks because then I can't memorize their patterns and stealthily kill them!
>>
>>87130296
It was better than the first one.

I can only hope that the removal of Portman will see the third one be even better.
I pray she took Kat Dennings with her.
>>
>>87130296
Or maybe you just hat women hmmmm?
>>
>>87130244
The difference between Tom Holland Spidey and Hugh Jackman Wolverine is that prior Spideys never did the character justice. Hugh Jackman does do Wolverine justice.

And yes, you have a point, he's the only person to do, so how would I or anybody else know if someone else wouldn't be better? We don't, but there is also a reason he hasn't been replaced after all this time. Its been 17 years, 17 years. Imagine if in The Force Awakens they decided that Mark Hamill wasn't going to be Luke or Harrison Ford not Han Solo, etc. Its odd and its not what you want because it doesn't fit, because those characters have already been done justice. Look at the Han Solo movie, Childish Gambino (as much as I like him) is going to be a young Lando. Maybe he'll do the character justice, but I don't think that is a good fit at all personally. Hugh Jackman fits this as well, he basically is Wolverine at this point.

In the scenarios you presented you're not replacing the same character with different actors, you're replacing them with different actors and different characters, with the except of Spidey, which as I said, has never truly been done justice. Spidey 1 and 2 were fantastic films, but Tobey was an awful Spidey, unlike Hugh/Wolverine.

I have no problem with them using X-23 as the new Wolverine as time goes forward, because she isn't Logan, she's Laura. She may done the identity and general things about him, but she's not Logan. I feel that Hugh Jackman is Logan at this point, its too synonymous.
>>
>>87130338
It was shit. It even has a rotten score on rotten tomatoes.
>>
>>87130280
Most of the X-Men movies have actually been pretty good. I won't defend the awful Fantastic Four movies though.
>>
>>87130293
Laura was 12 when they send her out to kill people. So it fits.
>>
>>87128740
The costume designs at the end of Apocalypse were pretty damn nice though. Then again...

>Set up a true and proper adaptation of classic X-Men
>Everything in line for some cool adventures building towards the idyllic future scene at the end of DoFP
>Next film in the series disregards all of that
>Gritty future-western focused on Wolverine
>Apparently set after previous "Idyllic Future" and everything's gone to shit

Bright side, no more Jennifer Darkholme?
>>
>>87130342
The game is buggy as hell. I played the game fine for a few days, before the game just started going to complete shit on me. Character models started despawning or not playing their animations, massive audio desyncs, fps dropping to around 8, characters being jettisoned into the sky, audio not even playing, and in one case before it destroyed my PS3's HDD, an entire level not even loading, an entire level, no textures, no models, just white space.

Tried to fix it with 3 different TVs, 3 discs, 2 PS3s, 2 HDMI chords, multiple sound and patch settings, etc. Didn't work, plenty of people seem to have problems that either just start from Day 1 or eventually happen.

Its a poorly coded game, which is sad because the story is neat.
>>
>>87130430
>Bright side, no more Jennifer Darkholme
Obviously gonna be replaced with the new daughterfu
>>
>>87130410
Fair point. And I'm sure they wouldn't cast the role such if they didn't think the young actress they got could do a competent job.
>>
>>87130461
Yes but she's an unknown, not some meme actress who'll get all the attention in a franchise to the point of completely disregarding the usual characterization of who she was cast as.
>>
>>87128602
so he just finished burying Charles in this scene, right?
>>
>>87130373
>but there is also a reason he hasn't been replaced after all this time.
Because Fox is run by idiots? X3 and Wolverine origins were panned by critics. And The Wolverine was lukewarm. And nobody liked or hav shit about his cameo in Apocalypse (if anything it confused people and came out of nowhere). Fox are idiots for relying on Hugh Hackman so much and thinking he's the heart of the franchise.

Even Ryan "Deadpool" Reynolds is more popular than him now. His movie made more than all wolverine movies.
>>
>>87130543
He's the heart of the franchise because people still find him to be the perfect Wolverine. Just go ask anybody, nobody will disagree with you except on /co/ or /tv/.

You can just go to normalfag sites and see reactions and how people are talking about Hugh Jackman and how they're sad that this is his last movie as Wolverine and that he's always fit the role.
>>
>>87130543
>(if anything it confused people and came out of nowhere)
Yeah...confusing because then what was the point of showing Mystique masquerading as Striker pulling him out of the river in DoFP?
And really, that entire segment with Striker and the Weapon X program served no purpose besides setting up Mister Sinister for this movie, and...giving them skin-tight flight suits? Tremendously important contributions, surely...
>>
>>87128602
>no the bub among us
>>
>>87130587
>because people still find him to be the perfect Wolverine
They said the same thing about Andrew Garfield. Then Spidey went to the MCU and now Tom Holland is the best.
If the same happened to Wolverine, you can bet that people would prefer the new better MCU actor than Jackman.

Just saying.
>>
>>87128740
A lot of people, myself included. There is no truly good way to incorporate the X-Men as a franchise into the MCU. Too much of their history would rely on them being established by now if they were in the MCU; It's not like Spider-Man where he can just be the new kid on the block a couple of phases in.
>>
>>87129490
Tony's alcholism was skewered by disney not marvel
>>
>>87128740
>2 Disney Fast Passes have been deposited to your account
>>
>>87130720
I doubt it honestly. Besides, who do you personally think could act Wolverine if X-Men ever did go back to the MCU anyways? I mean you've got to topsy-turvy a lot around too considering what has already been done with the MCU. Like we almost certainly wouldn't see any Wolverine/Cap in WW2 flashbacks.

But I'm curious, lets say Marvel gets X-Men back right after Logan. Who would you think would be a good or perfect actor for Wolverine.
>>
>>87129490
>or how they respected The Mandarin
Technically they did retcon that, introducing the fact that there IS a real, powerful, threatening Mandarin out there in the MCU.

Comes across as a false effort though, given there aren't going to be any more Iron Man movies for him to feature in...
>>
People only like the new casts for MCU and Spidey because its literally the most normie thing on the planet now. They're going to like it no matter what. You could have a fucking dog playing Dr. Doom or a giraffe playing Wolverine and people would be like "AH MAN DIS DA BEST BRUH!"

Its not like they respect their shit anyways, they fuck shit up constantly just to try and make it fit because they don't want to have this or that in there, or to try and appease some random vocal minority, or just because they feel like it.

The movies are good, but they'd fuck X-Men, Fantastic 4, or whatever else up terribly.
>>
>>87130720
>They said the same thing about Andrew Garfield.

Jackman rivals only Christopher Reeve in that department and he's been Wolverine longer and for more films than Reeve was Superman.
>>
>>87130720
Who the fuck said that about Garfield? They just said he was better than Tobey, and Tober was a goddamn shitstain.
>>87130909
Fucking this. Jackman has been Logan for almost 20 goddamn years. Most people were fucking children when he was doing Wolverine and are now adults nearing their 30s. Replacing that is fucking dumb unless you're using Laura.
>>
>>87130338
THIS.

Apocalypse felt like the perfect action adventure 80's movie. I had not enjoyed a comic book movie that much since... well... DAYS OF FUTURE PAST I guess.
>>
>>87128993
just quip my shit up
>>
>>87128602
>tfw no venom T-rex
>>
>>87130078
Dude, Hardcore Henry having such a low score is enough for me to dismiss the whole site.
>>
>>87128740
>mcu is good
>le give the rights muhvel cliche
you want a movie about xmen written the way bendis does his x men?

then stfu, and just let the movie franchise die
>>
>>87131053
>Bendis writing an X-Men movie

Oh god just kill me now.
>>
>>87130353
>It was better than the first one.
I disagree. The first one works as a comedy and has a good villain. The second one has more god stuff but the story is a mess and the climax is plain awful.
>>
>>87128602
Yeah, the trailer looks good. It's the first Wolverine movie I'm really looking forward to.
>>
>>87130804
Marvel would find the prefect actor to play wolverine. Just like they did with Spider-Man. Probably someone unknown or unexpected.
>>87130909
>comparing Hugh "skipping legday" Jackman to Christopher Reeve
Woooow, let's not go crazy, anon.
>>
>>87131090
>Marvel would find the prefect actor to play wolverine. Just like they did with Spider-Man. Probably someone unknown or unexpected.

I asked you to find one. You are currently working at Marvel (hypothetical), find me a better Wolverine.
>>
>>87131012
>How dare COMIC Book movies be Fun an joyful!!!
>They need to be like FoX-Men: Joyless and uncomfortable like a prostate exam
:^/ Ok?......
>>
File: 1476688975759.jpg (157KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1476688975759.jpg
157KB, 1200x1200px
>>87131147
>X-Men movies not fun and joyful
>>
>>87131116
Anywhere. Because Jackman is shit. Hell, Denzel Washington would be a better Wolverine.
>>
>>87131185
Yeah, that's what I said.
>>
>>87131189
I'm glad you're not in charge of casting then, very glad.
>>
>>87131147
>fun means made for children

I bet you've never picked up a comic in your life you moviefag.
>>
>>87131218
Sorry, hard to notice what people mean sometimes with greentext and /tv/ running around like tards with b8 and reverse b8.
>>
>>87128602
Not at all.

I'm so fucking sick of Wolverine. I used to love him back in the 90's but now every single fucking movie revolves around him and he's just this giant black hole of a character.
>>
>>87131251
You can be mature and fun. Just look at Captain America The Winter Soldier. Or Ant-Man. Or Iron Man.
>>
>>87131285
Yeah, lets have a movie on Cyclops, that'll be real entertaining! Not the most iconic X-Men, let alone one of the most iconic heroes in the entire medium between both DC/Marvel only being eclipsed by a few people.

Nah, Cyclops man, Scott fucking Summers. People will enjoy the hell out of that!
>>
Where the fuck does this fit into the continuity?
>>
>>87131285
Yeah, and now they've killed all the X-Men in the future so Logan and Xavier and X-23 are a part of the small few left. Rightclops is probably dead.
>>
>>87131342
Does it even matter? But if you want to know it takes place in 2014
>>
>>87131342
A year after the future in DoFP. No seriously, everything went to shit in a year and everyone aged rapidly.
>>
>>87131341
Go back to Canada, Logan
>>
>>87131341
Because making successful movie about Cyclops is ssssooooooooo hard!!!!

Meanwhile Marvel just gave a movie to a talking raccoon and tree.

Get Gud, Fox
>>
>>87131342
>>87131379
Its been confirmed to take place in 2033.
>>
>>87131399
Fuck Cyclops, nobody likes him.
>>87131424
Didn't say it was hard, I said it was fucking stupid, not only from a business standpoint, but an enjoyable standpoint.

Nobody wants to see Cyclops being a dick for 2 hours straight while nobody else gets screentime, because he's busy looking in a mirror stroking his own dick while being a dick.
>>
>>87131342
At this point, retcons, resets, whatever, it really is best to just throw any idea of "Continuity" between X-Men movies right into a shredder, and assume they each take place in their own little microcosm. Much easier on the brain.
>>
>>87131090
>not Hugh "can use his legs" Jackman
>>
>>87131341
If Cyclops was Ryan Gosling people would watch.
>>
>>87131464
>Nobody wants to see Cyclops
Just because you hate him, Fox Intern, doesn't mean others wouldn't want to see him. And if the movie is good enough, people will want to see more of him. Just like Rocket Raccoon and Ant-Man.

You see, this is why your bosses are idiots and can't beat Marvel studios.
>>
>>87130953
Did people really prefer Garfield? The majority of people everywhere was against the TASMs.
>>
>>87131516
No they wouldn't.
>>87131568
Nobody likes Cyclops. Is this your first day in the world of comics? People shit on him constantly.
>>87131602
They thought he was better than Tobey as far as being snarky goes, they didn't like either one though.
>>
>>87131636
Fuck you, I like cyclops
>>
>>87128602
There's already one thread for this. Why did you think we needed another?
>>
>>87131689
Well you're gay.
>>
>>87131636
Plenty of people like Cyclops. And you could get more people to like him.

Just like how not many people knew or gave a shit about Ant-Man or Rocket Raccoon. And now literally everyone knows and love them.

Seriously, Fox intern, if you and your studio wasn't so blinded by stupidity and incompetence, you could have a successful Cyclops movie, Storm movie, Nightcrawler movie, even a Doop movie!

Too bad you are too stupid to realize this...
>>
File: LadyArtistsStrike.jpg (32KB, 244x350px) Image search: [Google]
LadyArtistsStrike.jpg
32KB, 244x350px
stop trailer at 1:30 Logan block some claws with all the reavers going on pretty sure its pic relate
>>
>>87129259
Prejudice usually has an underlying rationale, even if it's not a good one. Generally, it's because the groups are competing for resources (jobs, land, social clout, a shared dating pool, etcetera). Mutant-hatred in a world where others superheroes are respected sometimes receives this justification, by dint of some mutants claiming (or having other claim) that they are attempting to usurp and replace humanity in a way that one-off aberrations or visiting aliens are not. It's often a flimsy justification, however, and the surrounding mythos is sort of shit.
>>
>>87131738
The rest, I'll grant you, those could be successful movies. Cyclops, no. Again, nobody likes Cyclops. You are a nobody, and you are gay.
>>
>>87131830
Racism never makes sense, anon.

Also, heroes in the MCU are hated and feared by alot of people because of collateral damage (see Civil War).
>>
>>87131833
No one likes cyclops because every tv/movie rendition of him in the past 15 years doesn't develop the character any deeper than he's the leader. They leave out how militant and borderline psychotic he is.
>>
>>87131964
Nobody likes Cyclops because he's a dick. Remember when he was busy fucking other bitches while Jean was still alive?
>>
>>87128740

>marvel getting xmen
>after the flop that was Ultron and the snoozefest that was civil war

>>87130293

Her actress will age appropriately given it'll be 2 or so years when she debuts as a cameo in Deadpool and Cable via time shenangians or some shit.

How are they gonna fit her onto the main Foxverse though?
>>
>>87131833
Cyclops is a girly-boy, always has been.
That's why FOX cut his time in X2 and killed him off right away in X3.
Can't have girly-boys prancing around in a movie about a real man like Wolverine.
>>
I love how the vocal minority of X-Men fans suddenly become film connoisseurs when trailers like this drops, and rave on and on about how deep and moving the movie will be.

The moment someone even thinks you're mentioning the MCU, everyone reverts to "get out MCUbabby REEEEE" mentality. No bias there.
>>
>>87131048
This. I watched it in the summer. Really dope.
>>
>>87128993
> Avengers vs XMen

No.

Death's Head is the character I want to see cross over with Deadpool.
>>
>>87132341
Especially considering Magneto would manage to kick half of their asses by himself.
>>
>>87132103
>Something happens 1 time
>Guys why do x-men fans keep doing this?!?
Dude your not trying anymore
>>
>>87130268
This. People have no idea how shit things were in the 80s and 90s.

A universe of characters was an idea people fantasised about as a pipe dream, no one thought it would actually happen.

Who dared dream you would see Vision, Wanda, Rocket Racoon, Iron Man, etc done in a not-shit way?

People are taking for granted something that seemed an inpossible dream.
>>
>>87130885
That really was what Shane Black was getting at until Killian went full retard.

A man called The Mandarin would never show himself; he should have been an unseen unknowable villain, one with layers of false identities, (which triggers Tony's paranoia).
>>
>>87131979
Rotten Tomatoes disagrees
>>
>>87131636
I like Cyclops too so fuck you...He's an alpha male while you are a cuck anon.
>>
>>87130078
>defending RT
>>
looks like shit to be honest
>>
>>87131285
>Every single movie
Exept the ones that clearly don't focus on him
>>
>>87133578
Yeah, 2/9.
>>
This is gonna end with Charles and Logans deaths isn't it?
Would be a pretty sad way for Xavier character to end like this, after everything that he had endured.
>>
>>87130338

Apocalypse was one of the worst movies I've seen, period. And I loved Days of Future Past.
>>
>>87134419
Trailer all but confirmed Charles' death.

Logan's seems likely as well, but they might give him a bit more open-ended exit. Stumbling off into the sunset or some shit rather than being shown bleeding out.
>>
>>87128993

I don't know why you think Marvel would do any of that, its obvious they would prioritize the fan favorites like Logan and Deadpool and ignore the rest of the x-men, I think they even would ignore some of their own like Wanda and Vision.
>>
>>87128602
>The Snikt of Us
>Not The Last of Bubs

ONE JOB, OP! ONE JOB!
>>
>>87128993
>Or Kitty Pryde dating Peter Parker (or Peter Quill?)
I'm a fan of her and Peter Rasputin, kthnxbai
>>
>>87128740
>people still bite the bait posted in every single Fox capeshit thread ever
>>
>>87134833
Our little kitten, kitty, kat, ... , she sure seems to like "Peter"s.
>>
>>87131979
The second and third most succesful superhero movies ever made?
>>
>>87128740
Mutants work best in their own universe
>>
File: 1305486096066.jpg (20KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
1305486096066.jpg
20KB, 210x230px
>>87128993
>Or a film adaption of Avengers vs X-Men!!!!!
>wanting funtimes at the parking lot 2: electric boogaloo
>>
>bearded older man with little girl MUST be a TLOU reference xD
I wish millenials would all die
>>
>>87128602
>more Wolverine
Think I'll pass.
>>
>>87134883
the plot was horrible in both, the only good ones r ironman 1 cap America 1&2 the first one of the avengers and guardians maybe u can save antman
>>
>>87128817
This
>>
>>87134958
It's a:Lone Wolf and Cub reference then.
>>
File: 1443877073061.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1443877073061.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>87128993
>Or a film adaption of Avengers vs X-Men!!!!!
>>
>>87129490
>or how they respected The Wasp and didn't just make up a new Wasp
Did you watch the movie? The orginal Wasp was there and the fact that she died in the 60s was a massive fucking plot point, and they literally spelled it out to you to you that she's gonna return in the sequel.

Also, Janet Van Dyne isn't made up, she's from the Spider-Girlverse.
>>
>>87129132
>canned laughter
>>
>>87134958
Nobody thinks it a reference, they're noting similarities.

Also he really fucking looks like Joel and the age correlates correctly
>>
>>87135254
Is Catherine Zeta-Jones as Janet still happening?
>>
>>87135254
>>87135286
Fuck I fucked up

Hope is the daughter and Janet is the mom
>>
>>87128602
>Hugh played Wolverine for long enough to also play Old Man Logan
I wonder how he feels about that. I bet he didn't think he'd be most famous for playing Sniktbub when he started out.
>>
>>87128602
it took people like 20 movies to start seeing that capeshit is derivative garbage? Were were the funny names for avengers or TDK?
>>
>>87130078
>defending metacritic sites
>defending diluting a hundred of opinion behind retardo-mathematics where scores are "normalized" without taking any account of the source and the bias
Yup, that's a typical 99% slave for you.You even had to drop a few brands you like to make us understand what "party" you are under total control.
like they say : "good goy".
>>
File: 9f5945bf54e8ff611b60bd4d01de9d9f.jpg (389KB, 2100x3470px) Image search: [Google]
9f5945bf54e8ff611b60bd4d01de9d9f.jpg
389KB, 2100x3470px
>>87131875
No they are not, CW was very hamfisted in both comics and films.
>>
>>87128993
>Are you telling m you wouldn't want to see a Captain America/Wolverine WW2 movie?

Uh...a whole fucking movie? Pass..... WWII is over and done with for MCU....fox should wise up too, leave it alone, they both did it enough

>Or Peter Parker teaming up with Ice Man and Firestar?

Uh... fucking what? this is your second point? The god damn cartoon? spider-man cross overs sure, he crossed over with everyone, x-men, fantastic four.....but you go with the campy cartoon shit....? geez....

>Or Beast on the Avengers?

Yea, that'd be cool

Uh... no... fuck off, who ships this?! GTFO

>Or Carol fighting Rogue?

Be neat as a means for giving rogue powers, which could be done without carol if fox gave a damn. Carol sure as hell doesnt need this though, this killed off her character.

>Or Deadpool on the Avengers?

.....no... just no.....

>Or a film adaption of Avengers vs X-Men!

I...well....hmm... After Civil War actually I would like to see this. Civil War as an awful comic I never wanted to see adapted and they managed to throw out all the bull shit and focus on the tony-steve leadership/follower dynamic well enough that it worked. Lots of comic stories get done better the 2nd time around so AvX would be interesting.
>>
>>87128993
No
>>
>>87131048
Or Pandorum
>>
>>87135468
The film did a much better job, with a conflict that...kind of made sense. At the very least, you could understand the characterization more, and no one went to quite the insane lengths as they did in the comics.

But really, the things the Governments take issue with are so outside the realms of control, that Steve was 100% correct when he pointed out signing the accords would've just been "Passing the blame". Really both Tony and Rhodey came off as kind of high claiming otherwise.

And don't even get me started on Vision's "Equation". That's so stupidly meta that it gives me a headache every time.
>>
>>87135577
Man, I'm such a little wimp that I get freaked out by horror movie commercials every time. I remember that being one of them that I saw on TV and would immediately avoid at any hint it was coming on.

Years later I wound up watching it on some movie channel, sci-fi or some shit, and I fucking loved it.
>>
File: 234.jpg (106KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
234.jpg
106KB, 601x601px
>its capeshit and not some tlou xxx parody with a good looking midget
>>
>>87129600

>ravagers

You mean Reavers? The Ravagers are Yondu's space pirate team.
>>
>>87128740
>two very good actors
>in a character driven movie
>bad

choose none you fuck
I take the serious tone of LOGAN over
>DANCE OF BRO
>>
Should I read Old Man Logan?
What should I buy?
>>
>>87128993
Those all sound terrible.
>>
>>87130261
Why no love for Batman Begins?
>>
>>87135599
I know your feels, bro.
>>
>>87128740
>I would prefer it if Fox just stopped raping the X-Men franchise and give the rights back to Marvel. It would the morally right thing to do.

It's not fair! Marvel never would sold the movie rights to their characters if they knew they were worth something!
>>
>>87135803
indeed.
>>
>>87129146
If I was a mutant I'd just lie and say I got my powers from mad science gone awry. Seems like that would instantly solve all my problems.
>>
>>87135776
http://www.readcomics.tv/comic-list#B
>>
>>87131875
Racism makes sense not only from a sociological perspective, but from a biological one as well. We humans tend to distrust that which isn´t like us, different races and such. It´s a natural response. However, as beings of reason, we can go beyond that and try to ignore it. Racism can be good and bad, but it is natural and makes total sense.
>>
>>87129425
RT was a lot more forgiving at that time when X3 came out.
>>
>>87131751

Oh shit, I think you're right. Then they'll do the scene with x and her. "Now you will see me fight".
>>
>People comparing this to TLOU

Millennials right?
>>
>>87137373
There are some similarities, in that there is an old badass taking care of a young girl. However, they're all saying it like it´s a fucking goldmine of comedy.
>>
>>87128602
Not really its gonna be nothing like the comic.
>>
>>87130587
>>87130909
>>87130953
Jackman is only thought of as the perfect Wolverine because the movies eclipse the comic in popularity. Most people think of him as Wolverine because the movies exist and most haven't read comics. I don't know how you can look at Jackman in the first 3 X-men movies and think, yeah, that's a perfectly comic accurate Wolverine. He only just recently started getting better and even then he's still not great.
>>
>>87128740
Then Marvel would stop trying to desperately push the Inhumans as well.
>>
File: 1476989128195.jpg (40KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
1476989128195.jpg
40KB, 620x387px
>>87131053
>>
>>87128602
So has the girl been confirmed to be Laura/X-23 or what ?
>>
>>87129420
>It's gonna be another Mark Millar adaption where the film is far superior to the comic.

You boring mother fucker. Millar's comics from the last decade or so aren't great, but at least they're intriguing. You just want shitty rehashes of regular movies with a light superhero genre twist.
>>
>>87135340
last I checked hew actually loves the role, he even showed insterest in wanting Wolverine to meet up with the Avengers but the contract wouldn't allow it
>>
Question: Does X-23 age normally? Or after she hits a certain age will it just stop (kind of like Logan)?

The reason I ask is because we all know the Logan can have kids, so that means X-23 would. And she would regenerate her eggs... which means she could potentially be a never-ending supply of mutant children.

I need to know this!
>>
>>87137728
Her name is Laura and Xavier says she's just like Logan so
>>
>>87137821
cool, now to hope she becomes X-23 instead of the new Wolverine

Also wonder if they'll do what they did with Hugh Jackman and try to make her the poster character for all the X-men movies and she will grow up doing this role for like 10 or so years ?
>>
File: 1439477050264.jpg (191KB, 1600x1584px) Image search: [Google]
1439477050264.jpg
191KB, 1600x1584px
>>87128993
>>87128740
>>
>>87128740
MCU Fags really are the cancer of everything. I feel sorry for the real Marvel fans.
>>
>>87128740
>Fox just stopped raping the X-Men franchise
They've Made 2 Bad movies, 3 if you count Apocalypse. How is that "raping the franchise?" X1, X2, First Class, DOFP, The Wolverine, and Deadpool were all great.
>>
>>87129220
"Time is like a river you can trow a stone intonit and cause ripples but it will always fix itself"
-Beast in DoFP
They didn't stop a bad future they just delayed a worse one
>>
>>87128740
>morally right thing to do.

Que?
>>
>>87138709

They're ok if you're not a fan of the X-men.

Cyclops doesn't get to do anything.
Storm doesn't get to do anything.
Every episode Wolverine saves the day.
Every episode Magneto murders people and gets away with it because he's a jew.
Best X-men scenes ever facing Sentinels in the future are very short, they all die which is fine, but the movie should have been focused on those characters. Instead we get Pullverine and Catniss. (who don't fucking die even once)
>>
File: sniktbub.jpg (868KB, 1506x795px) Image search: [Google]
sniktbub.jpg
868KB, 1506x795px
>>87128602
>>87128602
fixed.
>>
>>87128602
Why does logan have grey hair

His healing factor should kick in to make the guy live way longer than they are portraying
>>
>>87134724
Covered in adamantium
>>
>>87139613
Read Old Man Logan
>>
>>87139613
You can see in the bathroom scene that his healing factor doesn't work properly anymore.
>>
>>87139194
The X-Men (and FF) BELONG back home with the rest of the Marvel family. It would be morally right to give the rights back to Marvel since they treat their their characters with love and respect.
>>
>>87141292
They belong to the people who bought them.
>>
File: 1476019118708.jpg (411KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1476019118708.jpg
411KB, 1200x1200px
>>87141292

I wouldn't be so sure.
>>
>>87130296
>Average critic score is 6.5
>Average user score is 6.4

So what happened here is that to avoid getting flack for daring talk shit about this year's gurl power movie, most critics gave it the lowest score possible that still counts as fresh.
The result is this highly skewed 72% of fresh vs rotten ratio that people will reference when saying it's a "good" movie.
>>
>>87137747
shit books woth interesting premises are worse than generic movies because I read wanted. I thought wow any other fucking writer could have made this work. Millar just took gold and made it shit. It was depressing.
>>
>>87139092
>worse one
Not necessarily - the X-Men are dead, sure, and maybe even all mutants, but it seems like everyone else is sort of okay, unlike the universally dystopian DofP future.
>>
>>87141577
I don't see your point, the third costume is a pretty good portrayal of the 60s Ditko Spider-Man with his tiny eyes and tiny spider.

Sure, a lot of the lineslineslines are unnecessary but that's standard in cape movies these days, from the MCU to MoS.

Besides, you know that won't be his final costume, right? Marvel changes costumes every movie, we'll likely get another McFarlane one.
>>
>>87141948
Yeah everyone is fine except mutants. Logan works at a limo company for fucks sake don't have those in dystopian futures. For some reason mutants started appearing less and less and the ones who do exist are ostracized even more than before.
>>
>>87142019

>the costume looks like spidey's original comic book costume
>except it doesn't and that's ok
>but they'll change it anyway

Wow, that's some mental gymnastics
>>
>>87142084
>the costume has the important parts
>some additions but i don't mind them as they're industry standard these days
>good costume, and we'll get more good costumes in the future

Zero mental gymnastics, anon.
>>
>>87141292
Kill yourself, Marlel is lucky it still exists. Should've gone backrupt a long time ago
>>
>>87128602
/co/ hates it because it doesn't have pop music as the soundtrack or quips. WHERE ARE MUH QUIPS????!?!?!?!?
>>
>>87142246
Exactly, proves it's full of Mcuck children who think the rights to X-Men should return to that god afwul Mouse studio
>>
>>87128817
Yeah, it's the best thing they could have done with the franchise at this point.
>>
File: shaq steel_.jpg (142KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
shaq steel_.jpg
142KB, 630x1200px
>>87132527
>This. People have no idea how shit things were in the 80s and 90s.

Hey man, we got a Steel movie! Starring Kazaam! That's obviously better than what we're getting now.
>>
If this is supposed to be the future, why isn't geezer Xavier a skeleton yet? Is he immortal now?
>>
>>87143055

It's the year 2024, so Xavier is in his nineties; ninety-two to be exact, as he was thirty during First Class and the Cuban Missile Crisis.
>>
>>87142214
It ain't luck, it's skill.
>>
>>87142246
See >>87131147
>>
>>87129614
>you're one of those
>said by one of those
shouldnt you be like sucking a shemale cock or something? this is the comics board.
>>
>>87143533
Shouldn't you be at a Trump rally hmm, /pol/?
>>
>>87135520
Dude I thought I was the only one who like Civil war. I know shit loads of normies who love that movie. But every other geek I know hated it yet plan to see Doc Strange.
>>
>>87129614
non-sequitur, kys moron.
>>
>>87144918
>telling others to kill themselves
/v/ is that way, GamerGate >>>>>>/v/
>>
>>87137995
>Getting Harry Potter'd
>Into X-Men
That poor girl.
Thread posts: 261
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.