[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to watch Constantine for the first time. Wish me luck.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

File: constantine-poster.jpg (1MB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
constantine-poster.jpg
1MB, 1000x1500px
About to watch Constantine for the first time. Wish me luck.
>>
>>87126336
It's a good supernatural action film but a shitty Hellblazer movie.
>>
>>87126359
Yeah, watching it without going into it as a comic adaptation is better. The film would've done better with just a few name changes.

Also, best lucifer
>>
>>87126336
The movie is pretty good, even if it doesnt feel like a Constantine movie.

Would whatch a sequel to be honest.
>>
Why would you need luck to watch something. Are you doing it in the middle of a storm?
>>
File: constantine2.jpg (277KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
constantine2.jpg
277KB, 1600x1200px
>>87126336
Keanustantine is fucking great, has great visuals, effecs and story, basically Dangerous Habits. It's better than 95% of modern comicbook movies.
See it as a alternative universe of Hellblazer.
And it is better than the New 52-based TV show.
>>
File: download (5).jpg (4KB, 351x144px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
4KB, 351x144px
It's got a 10/10 Lucifer
>>
>>87126359
>>87126559
>>87126601
>>87126744
It's quite boring.
>>
It's a good movie. It's not very Hellblazer, but it's well-made and well-plotted. And Peter Stormare and Tilda Swinton rock the shit out of the ending.
>>
>>87126960
My African-American.
>>
>>87127233
Lacks of inside jokes/memes and action scene every 5 minutes?
>>
>>87126960
I'm also surprised how well Gavin Rossdale played Balthazar.
>>
>>87127479
Keanu's constant whining and cliched Catholic symbolism isn't exactly riveting.
>>
I'm really surprised that the gimmick of the movie hasn't taken off in some other way.
Just like a serialized TV show or something.

Supernatural shit exists and there are secret people who know this and defend the rest of us against the baddies.

Like the X-files but with ghosts and demons and shit.
It seems so straightforward and easy to sell.
>>
File: constantine_lighter.jpg (36KB, 553x298px) Image search: [Google]
constantine_lighter.jpg
36KB, 553x298px
I actually enjoyed the comic based on the movie more than the movie itself
>>
It's hard to have a bad movie with such a great cast.

[Spoiler]also, the demon dude seemed like he wanted to fuck John.
>>
>>87127712
It has. They're called "Grimm" and "Supernatural".
>>
>>87127712
>Like the X-files but with ghosts and demons and shit
what, like a bureaucratic Supernational?
>>
>>87128004
>It's hard to have a bad movie with such a great cast.
You're totally wrong about that.

There are many very bad movies with good casts.
Actors don't really do anything other than do what they're told.
You look to the writer and then director for quality
>>
>>87128044
>>87128047
Yes, but good instead of bad/tumblrified
>>
>>87126960

VE VANT ZE MONEY, LEBOWSKI
>>
>>87126336
Don't go hoping to see a John Constantine / Hellblazer movie. It's a shit adaptation.
On it's own merits -- if names aren't familiar to you at all -- it's a good supernatural horror movie.
>>
>>87128080
to be fair mate it's a bit cruel to use the whackjobs who make "fandoms" as a measuring stick for whether or not something is good.
>>
>>87128080

The first five seasons of Supernatural tell a very good, self-contained pulp story.

I finished S5 a few months ago and despite there being like seven seasons after that I just stopped. I don't see any reason to keep watching.
>>
>>87128107
>>87128203
Should I watch Supernatural then?

The only thing I've heard about it are from tumblrites.
>>
>>87128280

Like I said, just watch the first five seasons. It's good stuff.
>>
>>87128304
Thanks.
I think I may do just that
>>
>>87128056
I said hard, not impossible. Also, some great actors manage to do great even if handed shit -- see 90% of Ron Perlman's and Mark Strong's work.
>>
>>87126359
I didn't think it eas boring. I was a teenager when i saw it so it was my intro.
>>87126559
Worst First Of The Fallen though
>Hes a djarum smoker ooooh you know he's fucking evil.
Pfah.
>>
>>87128080
The first 3 seasons of Supernatural are good though
It got killed by the writers strike and survives as a zombie
>>
>>87128080
>Hurr why doesn't this exist
>But it does retard
>N-no I meant good shows
Fuck off
>>
>>87128280
They're just fujoshits, it's about two really hot guys of course tumblr likes it
>>
Best Scenes power rankings.

1. the Whole end sequence where constantine summons Lucifer and Time stops + the part wherre he rises into heaven and Lucifer pulls out his lungs.
2. The going into Hell segment
3. The Demon hospital fight
4. The "I need to use the Chair" segment
5. The part whith the flying demons and all of the lights shutting down.
6. The fight with the Bug demon on the street
>>
>>87128766

>6. The fight with the Bug demon on the street

That was some straight-up Harry Dresden shit.
>>
>>87127598
Between this and that movie with Al Pacino as Satan, Hollywood must really've wanted Keanu as the next big supernatural action/thriller star

The thing is, he CAN act somewhat. Directors just insist on him playing autistic characters
>>
>>87128280
It started off pretty great, for a tv horror series. But like all things, the longer it goes the worse it got.

Watch it til you no longer enjoy it.
>>
>>87128918
I don't he really can.

He always has this weird pause type talking
Not quite Shatner or Walken, but he speaks in intense groupings
Every movie
>>
>>87129006

Fucking this. I saw this very same thing you're describing a year ago.

You guys should see him in Man of Tai Chi. Fucking hilarious.

>You owe me a life!
>>
>>87128766

Well he didn't pull out his lungs per se, he pulled the "disease" from him but it still makes me groan...

And also wish something like that happened to me. I wonder how refreshed it would make me feel.
>>
>>87129252
Okay do they actually call him Lucifer? Because that should be SATAN not Lucy, two totally different characters, thats bad even for the Constantine movie. Its been so long I thought it was First of the Fallen like in the comics.
>>
File: Papa midnight.jpg (58KB, 673x378px) Image search: [Google]
Papa midnight.jpg
58KB, 673x378px
Who is the better Midnight?

Gotta go with Digimon, he was the best sidecharacter in the movie.
>>
>>87129805
The guy on the right looks like a very dark skinned Hispanic.
Not very Haitian
>>
>>87129594

It has been AGES since I saw the movie, but I don't think he actually says it.
>>
>>87129594
Lucifer is an apocryphal term so it doesn't really have any meaning.
Satan just means "enemy"

There's lots of freedom when it comes to names

I consider Paradise Lost a great point to start, if you're going to do biblical fan fiction.
>>
>>87129883
Why does the guy on the right look like a videogame character?
>>
>>87130571
TV show lighting.

Good lighting is a fucking art
>>
>>87130598
Lighting is like sound. Nobody notices when it's done well, but if you fuck it up? EVERYONE notices.
>>
>>87126359
I came in here to post this, but am impressed that someone beat me to it.
>>
>>87126359
This.
>>
>>87130701
The king of this is editing.
I don't think editing can be done "great".

Lighting and sound can be elevated to amazing levels.

The Revenant for example was a total master class about how to make natural light work.

How do you make editing into an amazing feat?
You can't.
It's like drawing a straight line. It either works or doesn't
>>
File: Reaps.jpg (204KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Reaps.jpg
204KB, 1280x720px
>>87128441
I miss old Supernatural, back when they just traveled around and hunted ghosts and shit. The angel plot line was a mistake, made worse by the lack of a budget, and the idea of two dudes chopping a finger off of Pestilence is dumb. Old design for the reaper was great, and the fact they just look like men and women in suits later, with no prosthetic or anything, is emblematic of the fact that they just stopped trying all around. The show lost all of its horror bite and became a pure soap opera.
>>
File: peter-stormare-in-constantine.jpg (111KB, 775x500px) Image search: [Google]
peter-stormare-in-constantine.jpg
111KB, 775x500px
>>87129594
But he does miss the old names.
>>
>>87127712
Buffy, Angel, Charmed, and an actually Constantine TV series all exist.
>>
>>87129594
Called him Lou.
>>
>>87130896
I was still enjoying it until I found out that the show went through the Apocalypse plot and JUST KEPT GOING.
I was also disappointed when the Demons became the main villains back in Season 1, because they were the least interesting monsters to me.
>>
File: tilda004.jpg (732KB, 2880x1220px) Image search: [Google]
tilda004.jpg
732KB, 2880x1220px
BASED TILDA

MUH DIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK
>>
I had the game for this movie on Xbox as a kid, back when I still sucked at all shooters, but I still loved it.
Just wish I could find another copy because my stepbrother has a bad habit of stealing the family videogames.
>>
>>87129006

I remember him acting well in a movie whose title I don't remember, but he played a doctor who wanted to fuck a writer older than him. Though I don't know if he acted well or it was just that he had a small part.
>>
>>87132215
Something's Gotta Give with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton. From what I remember he barely had any lines and his acting looked especially shitty next to two Hollywood legends.
>>
I kinda liked that this movie had an original concept for God, being a gambler that at least occassionally would try to pull one even on Satan to get a soul.
>>
>>87130241
Consider the actual DC canon and the fact theyre two characters. In the comics its First of The Fallen, AKA satan, Lucifer is a fallen angel while First was kinda the prototype for angels.
>>
Brilliant story. Keanue's kinda muted which is the opposite of comic-Constantine but this portrayal actually fit the tone of the story
>>
>>87126336
It has the Vertigo curse of good movie bad adaptation.
But the part you should focus on is GOOD MOVIE, so hope you enjoy.
>>
>>87132182
>confusedProfOak.png
>>
Lucifer Morningstar needs his own movie...maybe thy can put him in the upcoming Sandman movie first then give him his own solo movie...

Not the TV show though...
>>
>>87133095
No, we need a Paradise Lost movie.

Milton even structured it as an In Media Res.

Lucifer is also totally sympathetic.

We're 400 years out of date for a great adaptation
>>
great movie!...that also unfortunately happens to be a horrible adaptation of its source material

the cognitive dissonance associated with that in mind is really frustrating because i can't think of many (if any) other examples of "bad adaptations that were actually good movies"
>>
>>87133254

The Shining?

V For Vendetta?

A History of Violence?

The Jim Cavezial Count of Monte Cristo film is a actual a pretty bad adaptation of the source material, but it's a pretty fun revenge film in its own right.
>>
>>87126336

I had no idea this was based on a comicbook when I first saw it. By itself it's a really great movie.
>>
>>87133140
There was supported to be one but Liongay/Universal chickened out.
>>
>>87126359
Eh, it follows all the basic points of the average Constantine story. Constantine saves the world, but at a horrible cost, typically his friends and loved ones dying/suffering senselessly.

They just fuck up some important details. Like Constantine being british, blond and doesn't particularly care if he ends up in hell.
>>
>>87133140
Dude were talking about DC comics not paradise lost
>>87130241
Lucifer and satan are two different characters in dc. First of the Fallen AKA THE Satan is not an angel, Lucifer is. Lucifer got butthurt and left hell, giving controll to The First because he had been around the longest or some stupid logic like that.
>>
>>87133254
Jurassic Park 1
>>
>>87131994
I always take those shows as a sort of mutation of the Twilight Zone and it's various imitators. There's weird shit going on, so we're going to do something about it. Plus continuity!
>>
>>87133595
I'm reading origional Hellblazer right now and he just had a moment whre he was freaked out he would go to hell, and that hasn't been the only one yet, im into the 110s at this point. Theres times that he bluffs like he doesn't give a toss but he is very aware of his own soul and the ramifications of having it.
>>
>>87133599
No shit...in the movie it's basically Lucifer Morningstar physically but his mind is First of the Fallen because Lucifer Morningstar is way more popular.
>>
>>87126359
Sort of like doom.
Then again maybe doom became a proper doom movie later in the film i gave up watching it over barking dogs.
>>
>>87128080
Supernatural got good again as they started to move away from all that mark bullshit and charmed was always good as long as it was not dealing with prophecy and visions.
>>
>>87133254
You could argue both Starship Troopers and Forrest Gump.
>>
>>87133655
Don't see why, Lue is so much more popular he seems a bit whiney. As a stand alone character he works beter though. First works perfect as an adversary though, like how him and Constantine's huge feud eventually turns into giving eachother the finger literally. It's a beautiful enemyship.
>>
>>87128280
It started to go to shit when they decided to pander to tumblr
And i dont even mean in the sjw sense it avoided all that it pandered to tumblr with incest shipping and forced brotherly drama.
>>
>>87133711
Forrest Gump is a book? Huh.
>>
>>87133727
Yeah. I've never read it myself but from what I've heard it's supposed to be more of a military satire story.
Also Forrest goes to space at one point or something.
>>
>>87128280
>>87128352
I've heard great things about it. Look at this thread if you want to learn more.

>>>/tv/75238266
>>
>>87133711
>>87133727
The book is shit.

Forrest Gump movie is better than the book.
It's a very few amount of films to have that honour.

Starship Troopers is not one of them.
>>
>>87126359
This, I like the movie a lot but if I divorce this Constantine from the comic Constantine then it's so much more enjoyable. Plus it has one of my favorite on-screen depictions of Satan in it.
>>
>>87133711
Wasnt forrest gump more lacking a lot of stuff then an outright bad adaption.
>>
>>87126359
This
>>
>>87128088
VE CUT OFF YE JANSAN
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.