[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This movie starts off so fucking well, but my eyes glaze over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

This movie starts off so fucking well, but my eyes glaze over as soon as they enter the fucking bayou.
They have this great and gorgeous location to work with, but no, let's spend 70% of the movie in a fucking swamp.

What the hell were they thinking?
>>
>>87125587
They probably didn't know how to work the 1930s setting into a proper fairy tale without ruffling feathers.

That's why the story seems like a hodgepodge of Disney tropes with no real direction and a half-baked moral
>>
>>87125587
>a grab for diversity bux
>black characters spend most of the movie as frogs
They weren't thinking. That's why it bombed and not because "2D is obsolete".
>>
>>87125752
People often say the movie bombed because of the black characters
>>
Does this make for good halloween viewing? demons and spooky shadows and such
>>
>>87126043

Illogical...

>released when Disney was in a huge slump
>their most recent "success" at the time was the decidedly mediocre Bolt
>released only a few days before Avatar killed everybody
>>
>>87126250
I know it's absurd, and the fact that the black characters are green for 2/3 of the movie just makes it even funnier
>>
>>87126250
I hate how a glorified amusement park attraction blew away actual movies. No one would give a fuck about Blue Pocahontas meets Dances with Wolves if not for the special effects. At least it's comforting knowing that history will completely forget this movie like it did Titanic. I'm already anticipating the salt from the retards who thought it was a good movie when the date for 2 will be set and reviewers capitalize on the publicity to tell everyone just how shit it is.
>>
>>87127776
I cannot believe they've waited so long to even put a date on the sequel, that ship past years ago.
>>
PATF was better than Tangled, Frozen, and Big Hero 6 combined. Actually felt like a genuine Disney film.

Bite me.
>>
>>87128037
I cannot believe Disney thought it was a good idea to dedicate a quarter of a theme park to the Avatar franchise
>>
>>87128117

Are they still going with that shit or has it been replaced for the Star Wars section?
>>
>>87128117

I live here and I can't believe it either. But it looks decent, and if Disney knows how to do anything, it's make money.

They'll probably singlehandedly revitalize the Avatar franchise. Which shouldn't be a franchise in the first place.
>>
>>87128157

Avatar is in Animal Kingdom, Star Wars additions will be in Hollywood Studios.

Avatar has to be like 70-80% done. When you walk in the park, you can see the floating islands and some research centers.
>>
>>87127776
>At least it's comforting knowing that history will completely forget this movie like it did Titanic.
Dude what. Titanic actually entered pop culture, unlike Avatar. There are people who think Titanic just refers to the movie and not a real life event. There are actually iconic images and music relating to Titanic. People remember who Jack and Rose are (I've never actually even watched the damn thing) and still meme about how there was room on the plank for both of them.

Avatar on the other hand, that bounced off of the public imagination like a rubber ball and rolled away. It was truly empty.
>>
>>87126187
Not really any more than most other Disney movies. The whole voodoo aspect doesn't take up that much of the movie other than setting up the plot. It makes a better Mardi Gras movie than a Halloween movie.

>>87128117
That was a retarded idea. Though I have a feeling it'll turn out like the Dinosaur ride where it'll still be cool on its own merits and people can just ignore the fact that it's based on a shitty movie. We'll see what it looks like when it opens I guess.

>>87128219
I'm still pissed that they replaced the animation building with Star Wars shit in a park that's about to become 75% Star Wars. Yeah, just go ahead and shit all over an important piece of Disney history with corporate crap. That's cool. I mean for fuck's sake! Scenes from movies from The Little Mermaid to Lilo & Stitch were animated in that building, you motherfuckers!
>>
>>87125587
It was focus-tested into oblivion.
>>
>>87128037
>I cannot believe they've waited so long to even put a date on the sequel
That's the best part, this isn't the first time that Avatar 2 has gotten a release date. I think its original release date was 2012, but it keeps getting delayed, and Cameron keeps showing up with his "okay, I'm REALLY gonna do it this time!" song and dance and it seems each time he adds another sequel. So by the time he actually gets to Avatar 2, it'll be 2034 and it will have nine sequels all being filmed at once.
>>
>>87128743
>Though I have a feeling it'll turn out like the Dinosaur ride where it'll still be cool on its own merits and people can just ignore the fact that it's based on a shitty movie
Wasn't that originally an unrelated dinosaur ride that just got a bunch of Dinosaur movie branding slapped on it?
>>
>>87128089
PatF's problem is that it tries to play too much into the idea of what a Disney movie, a 90s Disney movie, should be and comes off as dull. The best it does is make a surprisingly good secondary character in Charlotte and messes with expectations a little at the end. Tangled and Frozen are examples of keeping that non-cynical feel of classic disney movies while balancing contemporary in the right ways. Mind you, none of this has to do with 2D vs 3D animation.
>>
>>87128743
>I'm still pissed that they replaced the animation building with Star Wars shit in a park that's about to become 75% Star Wars.

I haven't been in a while but I could have sworn they still have an animation exhibit somewhere, smaller... don't quote me though.

Idk if you've been to the Star Wars Launch Bay but for what it's worth, it does have a lot of great art and props, memorabilia from the franchise.
>>
>>87129009
I think what also hurts the movie is that the story is really Naveen's, and Tiana is just kind of swept up in it.
>>
>>87129078
One Man's Dream is still there I think but that's something else.

The building Star Wars Launch Bay is now in used to be an actual animation studio that contributed to a lot of the 2D films during the 90's and early 2000's. The fact that they turned it into what's essentially an advertisement for The Force Awakens shows that they don't really give a shit about their legacy anymore. There's plenty of other places in the park they could've put that stuff in instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magic_of_Disney_Animation
>>
>>87128459
>It was truly empty.
We're talking about a movie that had a mcguffin that was *literally* called unobtainium ... I don't think anyone ever seriously considered it High Art.

However the 3d tech/motion capture/virtual sound stage that they premiered literally changed the way that Hollywood filmed movies (and lead directly to things like Gravity that are 90%+ greenscreen).

It had as much or more impact on the technical end of things as Star Wars did
without having ANY of the cultural impact (and that's not surprising given that
while Lucas had people coming up with new techniques in order to realize his vision and THEN went on to expand that into Industrial Light and Magic; Cameron
created Digital Domain in the early 1990s and used Avatar as the world's most expensive Tech Demo).
>>
>>87125587
As I recall, they were really afraid of stepping on any toes.
I wanted more ethnic shit, but they toned it down. A lot.

As I recall, Tiana was going to be a swinger girl named Maddie
>>
>>87129697
You have absolutely 0 reading comprehension
>>
>>87125587
Same here.
>>
>>87125587
I read that 70% of the movie had the MC and such as frogs and immediately lost interest. And that's a shame because I feel Tiana is a great character.
>>
>>87127776
>history will completely forget this movie like it did Titanic

Titanic kickstarted Leo's superstardom, won the best picture Oscar, had plenty of memorable moments like "I'm the king of the world" "draw me like one your french girls", pic related and the whole ship sinking scene.

It even got a fairly succesful 3D re-release recently.
>>
>>87129779
Yeah, and at another point she was going to be a chambermaid.
I really wish we could get PatF shorts or something, so we could see Tiana in different hairstyles. A series of cooking shorts would be fun
>>
>>87126043

Nahh, I am sure Moana will prove that's not an argument.
>>
>>87128459
>Titanic entered culture
As a meme, maybe. People only ever parody it or talk about it ironically. Case in point >>87130773
As for the Oscars, a lot of utterly forgotten garbage has won best movie over the years, Titanic won purely on votes from bitches and simple popularity. It's a fucking wonder Transformers aren't collecting Oscars at this point in the ceremony's degradation into a farce.
>>
>>87126043
No it bombed because it was a deeply flawed film they played far to safe.
>>
>>87128743
>Scenes from movies from The Little Mermaid to Lilo & Stitch were animated in that building, you motherfuckers!
This makes me mad
>>
>>87128743
>>87135282
Another reason to hate Disney Wars.
>>
>>87135251
Exactly. They should have stuck with their successful established formula of hilarious racism. Not sarcasm, that shit was laugh out loud funny. Instead we got "Frogs: a Swamp Adventure".
>>
>>87135238
Titanic is indeed overrated and didn't deserve best picture at all, but saying that history will forget it like it will Avatar is completely false.
>>
>>87127776
>history will completely forget this movie like it did Titanic
I wasn't aware we forgot about Titanic

You're talking absolutely bloody bollocks.
>>
File: Everything is racist.jpg (247KB, 916x529px) Image search: [Google]
Everything is racist.jpg
247KB, 916x529px
>>87126043
>>87126250
>>
>>87128743
Animation Building's been a depressing place since they kicked out the animators. Something new really should go in there. I'd be totally down for that rumored Mickey Mouse replacement of GMR going in the Animation building instead

>>87128950
No, it was always intended as a tie-in as it features most of the same dinosaurs and they used footage from the movie in the preshow years before it came out. They just eliminated all subtlety with the most generic name possible.
>>
>>87135945
>>87136270
Look, literally no one is interested in either re-watching Titanic or recommending it to anyone else, most of the people aren't sure why they watched it the first time. The only real contributions it made to pop culture are the "king of the world" and "draw me like one of your french girls" memes. A few people from later generations MIGHT check it out to be "in" on those memes, but most will either not even realize it's a reference to something or won't care enough, regardless, it will fade into obscurity, just like the story of the real Titanic did.
>>
>>87136572
Titanic and Avatar are both peices of shit that makes the Garbage Pail Kids movie look like Citizen Kane. At least I could remember what happened in the Garbage Pail Kids movie. Not so with with these two overrated, overhyped, overspent, and downright boring cinematic pieces of excrement.
>>
>>87136572
>>87136648
>At least I could remember what happened in the Garbage Pail Kids
>But not Titanic
You must be brain damaged. Boy meets girl, boy meets socioeconomic barriers to romance with girl, ship sinks, boy dies, the old lady was the girl all along. What else is there to know?
>>
>>87136695
Do you think I LIKE the Garbage Pail Kids movie? I don't, I really, really don't, but even that movie has something memorable, albeit for the worng reasons. Titanic? Meh, don't remember shit about it other than the Titanic sinking (which to be honest, those scenes are fucking cool) but that's it.
>>
>>87135238
I wonder why anyone gives a shit about the Oscars or any of these award shows anymore. There are so many god damn snubs by them it's easier to list the times where the fucking award shows actually gave awards to films, albums, and other works people gave a shit about.
>>
>>87136725
Titanic may be a mediocre movie but it does have plenty of memorable moments.

Avatar doesn't no matter how much it tried to make "I see you" the new "live long and prosper" or "may the force be with you"
>>
>>87136801
90% of the time it's either:
>Jewish politics
or
>lel, I voted for the only film out of all the nominated that I actually saw. Abstain? What's that?
>>
>>87136968
I still can't believe that LotR managed to win a shitload of those
>>
>>87125587
I imagine they started off with the "twist" that she turn into a frog when she kissed him, and had also had to include the voodoo godmother somehow.

Skipping the middle section of the film makes for a much more enjoyable experience, definitely
>>
>>87125752
It "bombed" because it was a mediocre 2D cartoon pitted against tough competition.
And it didn't even bomb, it just didn't make Disney 3D money.
>>
>>87135238
Dude, stop, Titanic had a huge pop culture impact, it's actually a movie people (women) rewatch to this day, way beyond its novelty value. It's basically 2000's Dirty Dancing.
And that's coming from someone who couldn't even sit through it one time.
>>
>>87136572
You have to be 18 yadda yadda
>>
>>87136648
>Titanic and Avatar are both peices of shit that makes the Garbage Pail Kids movie look like Citizen Kane
Hey now both those movies had some remarkable technical achievements, they just weren't interested in telling a unique story.
Titanic notably had some impressive practical effects
https://youtu.be/kLvDrVnmBqg
>>
>>87125587
Is this what New Orleans use to look like before the blacks started multiplying? Wow it looked so nice.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.