[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do they always overcompensate with Carol? They tend to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 19

File: cup.png (773KB, 1333x619px) Image search: [Google]
cup.png
773KB, 1333x619px
Why do they always overcompensate with Carol?

They tend to do this shit with Diana too
>>
>>87123018
Headlines.
>>
>HULK ONLY SECOND STRONGEST THERE IS BECAUSE HULK CHECK GREEN MALE PRIVILEGE
>>
It's going to be so cringeworthy
>>
>>87123018
Tell us more about the CGI list.
>>
what I hate is how hollow it all feels

i know marketing and shilling and money and all that but i just wish there'd be a little more honesty in all this
>>
>>87123071
He isn't particularly angry at the time and she just absorbed a star. Sounds legit.
>>
File: 68451321.png (1MB, 484x1122px) Image search: [Google]
68451321.png
1MB, 484x1122px
>>87123018
>>
>>87123018
It seems to happen extra with women. Like the filmmakers of Civil War have hyped how powerful Scarlet Witch is in interviews (when based on what we've seen on screen, we'd think she's powerful but not that powerful). Jean Grey too.

There's an assumption that we'll always assume women are weaker, so they have to hype how strong they are and then they wind up being The Most Powerful Person In the Universe.

For Carol though I think the hype could work if only because the character who should be their Superman, Thor, doesn't have a strong enough actor to sell it. If you told me Carol was their Superman I might believe it if only because I can't believe it of Hemsworth.
>>
File: 1469280116726.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469280116726.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>87123150
>>
File: 1477079155468.gif (1MB, 353x234px) Image search: [Google]
1477079155468.gif
1MB, 353x234px
>>87123018
>by far
>>
>>87123018
>They tend to do this shit with Diana too

Difference is, Diana is actually powerful. In the golden age she could MOVE THE SUN.
>>
>>87123122
Because female fans are pretty thick.
>>
>DC announces Wonder Woman movie
>Marvel announces Captain Marvel movie a week later
>DC releases Wonder Woman trailer
>Marvel announces Captain Marvel casting the next day
>DC celebrates 75th anniversary of Wonder Woman
>Marvel announces that Captain Marvel is the most strongest superhero of all and she can beat up all the other superheroes okay bye

Seems legit.
>>
>>87123218
Yass!
>>
>>87123018
>They tend to do this shit with Diana too
Johns declared that she is stronger than Superman.

And why they keep doing it? Simply because...
>feminist agenda
>>
>>87123174
The power level in the xmen movies and DC movies are way higher than in the MCU.
>>
File: orca6.jpg (401KB, 1050x1251px) Image search: [Google]
orca6.jpg
401KB, 1050x1251px
>>87123205
>Because female fans are pretty thick.

T H I C C you say?
>>
>>87123251
>Johns declared that she is stronger than Superman.

I'm pretty sure he hasnt, he isnt that stuppid, anyway, you can't take Johns seriously.
>>
>chicks are now just as autistic about power levels as guys

What a world.
>>
Are they talking strongest as in character and popularity wise or literally in-universe strength?

The title is very ambiguous.
>>
>>87123370
Funny thing is carol is none of the 3
>>
>>87123311
He didn't exactly say that she stronger, but
>GEOFF JOHNS: "WONDER WOMAN HAS THE POWERS OF SUPERMAN AND IS A BETTER FIGHTER THAN HIM"
>>
Why didn't they just make her Captain Universe

Steven Universe fans might be fooled into watching
>>
>>87123370
They mean strongest power-wise in the movie universe only. Or I think so.
>>
>>87123370
No one gives a shit about her.
>>
>>87123450
Better fighter I can believe, warrior vs farmboy. But same or equal powers, obviously not.
>>
>>87123098
From that video:

#10 was I am Legend for the CGI on the Darkseekers
#9 was the trolls and Voldemort's second head from the first Harry Potter movie
#8 Star Wars ROTJ Special Edition because Jabba's size change retroactively fucks up how Han is looking at him.
#7 is Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull for its CGI problems
#6 is Matrix Reloaded for lack of gravity in Neo vs Agent Smith fights
#5 is SW Phantom Menace for Jar Jar
#4 is 300 for the Leonidas and the wolf scene
#3 is GOTG because he thinks they messed up Thanos
#2 is Suicide Squad because of Croc and El Diablo
#1 is Batman V Superman because of Doomsday
>>
>>87123018
But will she look the part? Marvel has been trying to sell me that Carol is pretty much a man for a long time, so I want them to put their movie where their mouth is and make Brie Larson as manly as posible for the movie.
>>
>>87123071

spbp
>>
>>87123450
Are you talking about that thing in JL about WW not really having an exploitable super-weakness?
>>
>>87123018
she has a vagina and not many of the characters from the MCU w/ vaginas have their own movie hence she will be strongest because GIRL POWER.

God, /pol/ really is right when it comes to this shit. I really hope this SJW/feminist shit dyes down before it consumes the majority of western society. It'd be a nightmare having to interact with people who actually think this way and are actively sexist and racist without knowing it and project that onto other people.
>>
I'm not sure why you people care about power levels so much, what matters is how well a character is written.

Of course what I say will just fall on deaf ears of course.
>>
>>87124210
Power levels are inherently tied to quality of writing. If you make a character that's the strongest ever made, like Stardust for example, how do you give them any interesting challenges?
>>
But could she beat Squirrel Girl while the two are in an off-panel fight?
Didn't think so.
>>
>>87123450
I'll admit Supes is a bit clunky in combat but Diana stronger overall? Can't buy that.
>>
>>87123018
yeah but could she beat goku?
>>
Cheap heat is alive and well in the Marvel Universe, and Captain Marvel is its Roman Reigns.
>>
>>87123071
Mark Ruffalo is enough of a libfag to agree to this.
>>
>>87123522
Wow, he only branched out just barely to find #10, everything else was just something you'd find airing at any time on tv. Nigga didn't put an ounce of effort into it.
>>
>>87123516
WW's top power is equal to Superman's baseline and since he'd never fight her (or pretty much anyone other than Doomsday) at his fullest, they're equals.
Once upon a time Martian Manhunter was stronger than WW's best and Superman's average but she doesn't matter anymore. Shazam was also up there along Captain Atom for the DC top 5 heroic powerhouse.
Nowadays preptime, speedforce and GL esoterism have taken over all the best feats tho.
>>
>>87123522
>he thinks they messed up Thanos
They did.
>>
>>87124192
>she has a vagina

prove it
>>
>>87124317
Shit. That's scary accurate.
>>
But is Carol stronger than Madara Uchiha?

And I’m referring to Rinne Tensei Madara Uchiha with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikidou paths ability) equipped with his Gunbai and control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, a complete Susano’o, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in his chest so he can perform Mokuton kekkei genkai and yin-yang release ninjutsu as well as being extremely skilled in taijutsu and bukijutsu.
>>
>>87124519
I missed this meme. It's been a while since I saw it

kys
>>
As long as Carol doesn't have a stupid ass haircut and Jess is in then I'm good
>>
>>87124571
>and Jess is in
Oh you sweet summer child.
>>
>>87124413
Thank you for actually knowing what you're talking about before spouting off like most dipshits in this thread.

Really it's easier to just say "Superman-level" to refer to the strength of Diana, J'onn, Captains Marvel and Atom, Supergirl and Power Girl, and so on because calculating PRECISELY how much stronger they are than each other is retarded and pointless.

I mean since when does a fist fight actually come down to which of the two can bench fifteen pounds more than the other?
>>
File: CvSfyttXYAEcJ86.jpg large.jpg (112KB, 480x576px) Image search: [Google]
CvSfyttXYAEcJ86.jpg large.jpg
112KB, 480x576px
>>87124571
>>
>>87123522
>#6 is Matrix Reloaded for lack of gravity in Neo vs Agent Smith fights
Isn't Matrix whole thing ignoring the laws of physics because they are in the Matrix and because it's basically a Wushu meets cyberpunk movie?
How is lack of gravity a complaint?
>>
File: 200_d.gif (342KB, 327x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_d.gif
342KB, 327x200px
>>87123018

Cool! But the real question is will her cat be in the movie?
>>
>>87123522
>doomsday
He looked great though.

>Croc
oh he's retarded
>>
>>87124586
>Good supporting character and a ok sidekick
Probably won't happen though
>>
File: Actually.jpg (26KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
Actually.jpg
26KB, 500x312px
>>87123522
>Croc
>CGI
>>
>>87123174
It's called marketing. Nobody comes out and says "yeah, this character is kinda good, not really great."
>>
>>87123071
oh hey Film Crit Hulk
>>
>>87124297
Weater or not Wondy is stronger than Supes or about equal seems change every freaking continutity.
>>
>>87123324
Except they're not going off of established acts over power or fears shown, but "look she's da best!"
There's no thought put into it, it's a fucking "my dad could beat up your dad" level of stupidity.
>>
>>87123522
>#1 is Batman V Superman because of Doomsday

Kek, Doomsday CGI was great tho
>>
>>87124640
>>
>>87123450
I will concede that she is the superior fighter. She was raised by Amazons and was obviously trained in old school melee combat. However she does not have the same power set and is not stronger than him. If Superman legitimately wanted to hurt/incapacitate/kill her it would be over a second.
>>
>>87125490
>If Superman legitimately wanted to hurt/incapacitate/kill her it would be over a second.

That sounds like something a baby killing MRA Nazi would say. You're not a baby killing MRA Nazi, are you?
>>
Marvel in general is pretty shit when it comes to female characters. DC has better female heroes.
>>
Oh great the whining MRAs have come out. If you knew anything about Carol, they meant she's the most powerful in the things she can do. That doesn't mean she's stronger than the hulk or a better fighter than Cap. It just means she's most likely gonna be their Martain Manhunter.
>>
>>87125527
(same poster) I killed 23 feminist Jew babies this morning before beating my bare foot pregnant wife. Does that qualify me as a MRA Nazi?
>>
>>87125708
>It just means she's most likely gonna be their Martain Manhunter.

So she's gonna job in every fight?
>>
>>87125817
>So she's gonna job in every fight?

No, it's just going to be kinda nice to just have a female character do something else besides kung-fu. (Sorry Black Widow, Gamorra, etc) and not some strange psychic power (Sorry Scarlett Witch). I just want to see her legitimately kick some ass. So yeah, build her up some, but don't forget the other hero's so everyone gets to shine.

I'm sure she'll have her "spider-man' moment. Which is fine by me.
>>
>>87124519
oh shit it actually listed the version of madara it's referring to
>>
>>87123018
>Stronger than Thor and Hulk in physical strength because feminism
>Smarter than Tony or Black Panther because feminism
>Overall the best at everything because feminism

When did Captain Marvel suddenly become a Mary Sue. I know Marvel is trying to push her to be their Wonder Woman but come the fuck on. A good female character, any character for that matter, is not good because of their strength and power, but because of good writing.
>>
>>87123205
I would say that about any MCU fan.
>>
>>87123174

>If you told me Carol was their Superman I might believe it if only because I can't believe it of Hemsworth.

so you believe it of brie larson? why?
>>
>>87123174
We have not seen how powerful Scarlet Witch is yet. That comes in Infinity War, and Feige's use of the word "chaotic" combined with the DarkHold being present raises some interesting possibilities.

But being most powerful is a poisoned chalice for female characters, who are often portrayed as not being able to handle power, whereas their male counterparts tend to mygeniuses.
>>
>>87123018
Enjoy the future, boys.
>>
>>87124192
How bigoted. Just because she's a woman doesn't mean she has a vagina. This is 2016 and realism is a reactionary concept by GGers/Alt-right man-babies. I hope you realise you're on the wrong side of history here, buddy.
>>
>>87124297
WW vs Supes is always in flux, I would say she has decent chance against him overall.
>>
>>87124519
I do actually think she's stronger than that particular version. Don't know about the other ones though. Perhaps if you were to list them?
>>
>>87123522
>Star Wars ROTJ Special Edition because Jabba's size change
that should have just been a screen droid so Han was talking shit to Jabba through video chat / facetime instead of having Jabba there in person. No need for the height change, no need for the awkward "Han stepping on Jabba's tail" bullshit, it would have just been Han being a telephone tough guy.
>>
>>87126243

>But being most powerful is a poisoned chalice for female characters, who are often portrayed as not being able to handle power, whereas their male counterparts tend to mygeniuses.

t. X-Men fan

Don't project the moral failings of pathetic, unstable muties like Wanda and Jean on female superheroes in general.
>>
>>87124192
>dyes down
*dies down
(dyes would be changing color with dye, as in dyeing your hair, not dying as in "to die")
>>
>>87126247
o-ok
>>
>>87123450
In terms of raw strength they're about equal in most cases (again, powerlevels fluctuate depending on whose comic you're reading)
In terms of fighting technique she's definitely on top since she's been trained in fighting for a good part of her life
She also has access to magical weapons which Superman has no heightened resistance to but Superman has a shit ton of things stashed in his fortress of solitude he's picked up over the years which is probably just as deadly for Diane.
Superman also has other powers on top of strength and flight like good old heat vision which can become decisive factors in a brawl

Basically the planet would get fucked if both tried to fight each other with all intents to kill.
>>
>>87123522

It's literally a simulation. And hell, you complain about that you're basically complaining about most kung-fu films that involve wire stunts.
The Matrix sequels were actually pretty good, pacing of Revolutions aside
>>
>>87126877
I agree with you for the most part anyway, but... as a long term WW fan I've always hated her weakness to sharp weapons. This means that anyone with a gun or knife could possibly kill her, no matter how improbable. I think they need to finally alter or remove that weakness because it's just a stupid flaw to have here in the modern day of comics. You could always just write in some kind of weapon to hurt anybody including her. But that weakness to sharp weapons really would eventually kill her at some point.

Superman could punch her through a building and just by sheer luck she could land on a sharp piece of metal and be rendered dead. Or what if someone just shot her from a sniper position while she was fighting henchmen. It's really broken how easily you could just kill her with a little planning. It sucks, I know.
>>
>>87124192
>I really hope this SJW/feminist shit dyes down before it consumes the majority of western society.
You better pray Trump wins then.
>>
>>87124317
>>87124501

She's more like Poochie. She shows up in everyone elses books, everyone is constantly telling her how great and iconic she is when she's done literally nothing good, she's taking the spotlight of established characters, no one likes her, etc.
>>
>>87127338
A Trump presidency would increase the whining tenfold though.

He's everything they've ever dreamed of; a white male who actually does and says the shit they claim?
>>
>>87127495
Hillary is married to an actual terrible white male though and they all love her. I just want to see the mass butthurt from Trump winning. It'd be the biggest troll job in the history of humankind.
>>
>>87123018
Tumblrcunts
>>
>>87123018
Carol is a planetcracker. That's something that comes with being Cosmic-tier any decent Captain Marvel should be. With the generally lower power levels of the MCU that makes her a contender for strongest hero. Strange is up there too, but is gimped a bit by not being Sorcerer Supreme yet since it's an origin.
>>
>>87127800

Hulk strongest there is tho
>>
>>87126131
>A good female character, any character for that matter, is not good because of their strength and power, but because of good writing.
Shh, you'll ruin their narrative.
>>
>>87123150
Full page, please?
>>
File: msmarvelcatchewie2.jpg (335KB, 761x1155px) Image search: [Google]
msmarvelcatchewie2.jpg
335KB, 761x1155px
>>87125472
Carol's cat Chewie was a thing long before KellySue and the Carol Corps. Doctor Strange once talked to Carol through her cat. Sometimes I like to think that I can talk to cats.

LOLOLOL! She threw the cat at him!
>>
I mean, it's not like she has much competition in the MCU. Thor got nerfed to shit and Hulk is just physically strong, Vision is really her only match. Are they counting villains? Cause Thanos probably has her beat even without the Gauntlet. Power levels are fucking retarded anyway.
>>
>>87123522
Did he really forget how horrible the tidal wave scene was in Brosnan's last Bond movie?
>>
>>87126247
Beta foot fags would get off to this though, one more reason why they should be exterminated desu.
>>
>>87130171
That would require putting thought into clickbait, anon.
>>
>>87126247
Matriarchy usually looks barefoot, actually bare naked and brown. And dying of hunger because they ran off all the good men and don't have any competent hunters left but keep pumping out babies with the useless omegas that stuck.
>>
>>87126243
>>87126519
Being "the best at everything" is not the reason why female heroes seldom gain a true fandom because they can't deal with power, but actually because they deal way too well with power.

Heroes are measured by their hardships and sacrifices. If they don't lose fairly they don't grow or show any true progression, if they don't show any progression they're static, if they're static they're not something you want to follow because it thrills you to know what could happen next to your beloved and fragile character.
>>
Who the hell buys Carol comics anyway?
>>
>>87132477
Marvel employees.
>>
>>87123018
Because Carol is Marvels answer to Power Girl and everyone faps to.. i mean loves Power Girl so they GOTTA have their own super blonde
>>
>>87123018
Not that inaccurate
Easily in the top 10 at least.
>tend to do this shit with diana to
She was always insanly powerful anon
>>
>>87124297
It would be a close fight but i would say supes would win out in the end.
But wondy winning is far from far fetched i could easily buy it.
>>
>>87123018
What do they mean by strongest?
As in most powerful? I mean there's no way you can make her most powerful what with all the cosmic entities out there.
She's not written to be the most crafty so she won't be strongest in whit.

Also why is 'by far' in that kinda quoting?
>>
>>87123522
>Doomsday
But he looked good
>Croc
Oh, whoever wrote this is an idiot.
>>
>>87124101
Her weakness is chains welded to her armbands
Do you think they could get dogwelder to go at her with a fake chain dog or something.
>>
>>87123018

Well, I mean, if Carol is anywhere close to comics, with how nerfed MCU Thor is, she basically will have no competition.
>>
>>87133122
strongest in the MCU
by 'character' they probably mean hero. so its not exactly a stiff competition. she's only really got an under-powered Thor and a Wanda who can barely control her powers for more than six seconds at a time
>>
>>87123522
But thats deliberate
>>
>>87127194
I agree they were fine films
>>
>>87123218

A lot of this is actually WB beating marvel to announcements, that are generally coincidental anyway. Marvel had a big even planned in october 2014 and WB made announcements prior. The Wonder Woman Trailer and the Carol casting were both at comic con, one easily could have happened before the other, neither was a response to the other, they were both planned and happening.

You're last one is reaching as fuck.
>>
>>87123018

because she's true Cosmic, like Ronan lvl.

also what the hell power levels are dumb
>>
>>87133122
> Strange and Wanda have massively high energy projection but low durability and are dependent on shady patrons.

> Hulk is powerful but a clumsy weapon.

> Vision is powerful but hesitant and not a soldier.

> Thor has Mjolnir, high durability, but I'd not the smartest fighter.

> Carol has energy projection, high durability, physical strength, and military training. All rounder , bsd
>>
Why is every version of Carol more powerful than every version of Thor now?
>>
>>87123188
This uniform is going to be a million times better than whatever armor/biker suit they stuff the movie actress into.
>>
>>87123174

I can just imagine a scene like this happening in the near future because feminism.
>>
>>87133614
Am i supposed to hate this.
Because there is nothing unusual about menstrual magic
>>
>Carol is the strongest character by far
>not strong enough to win over marvel's actually fanbase
>not strong enough to usurp The Avengers and Spider-Man as most popular and loved characters
>>
File: 1376539510908.png (200KB, 502x496px) Image search: [Google]
1376539510908.png
200KB, 502x496px
>>87134162
>Because there is nothing unusual about menstrual magic

True. It makes sense why someone would want to save up that power.
>>
File: witchcraft.jpg (38KB, 570x371px) Image search: [Google]
witchcraft.jpg
38KB, 570x371px
>>87134257

It's like that guy on The Shield who was saving his jizz in jars in his fridge.
>>
File: Internet.jpg (543KB, 600x2788px) Image search: [Google]
Internet.jpg
543KB, 600x2788px
>>87134278

True. It makes sense why someone would want to save up that power.
>>
>>87134257
>jar full of year-old blood
>solid black liquid
I'm not a biologist, but shouldn't it have congealed, separated into layers, and grown a thick mold covering? It's not like a piss bottle, where the high salt content makes it inhospitable to bacteria and fungi. Blood spoils fast, and I can't imagine the shreds of placenta slowing the process any.
>>
File: 1476414704641.jpg (312KB, 798x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1476414704641.jpg
312KB, 798x1181px
>>87123018
>>
>>87125714
No, that qualifies you as head warden of Auschwitz.
>>
>>87125686
Even in quantity the only place marvel really beats dc is black females.
Its pretty much just vixen, waller and a few scattered e listers (plus natasha irons)
>>
File: 20161022_042914.jpg (440KB, 681x939px) Image search: [Google]
20161022_042914.jpg
440KB, 681x939px
>>87133614
Ah yes this should come in handy.
>>
>>87134162
Although i suppose it is the sort of thing that makes more sense for a sustained shield instead of just for blocking a single object.
>>
>>87123522
>Croc
>CGI

come again my friend?
>>
>>87124265

emotional, philosophical and political challenges, but that takes good writing above "he has to fight a stronger guy" so doesnt happen in comics
>>
>>87123018
to appease the females that don't read comics and to prove that the writers are good boys
>>
>>87134563
and yet those DC black girls are way more superior characters than the marvel ones imo.
quality>>>>>>>quantity
>>
>>87134878
Except for the Wall, no they are not, and that's mainly due to her being written well in the past.
>>
>>87123018
Strongest could mean more then just physical strength, could be mental strength as well. Or the overall package of mental and physical strength.
>>
>>87134878
In general yes but it is a little odd considering how much quantity (and quality) they have for most of the other demographics.
>>
>>87133614
>WWOMMMMB
>>
>>87134257
>>87134310
This shit really is genderless.
>>
>>87123188
get rekt
>>
>>87123522

>voldemorts second head

Professor quirrells face wasn't cgi.

Also it was 2001, give them a break.
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.