[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iceman gayness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11

File: iceman gayness foreshadowing.jpg (278KB, 814x817px) Image search: [Google]
iceman gayness foreshadowing.jpg
278KB, 814x817px
So I just watched an episode of Evolution where Iceman said:

>Yeah, well, at least you lasted longer than we did, and I was just getting my frost up.

Between that and pic related, how many exploitable Iceman quotes are there from before he was revealed as gay?
>>
Wasn't it Scott who said that in the original issue? Bobby was all over Jean.
>>
File: 2002741-pole_dancer.jpg (209KB, 610x580px) Image search: [Google]
2002741-pole_dancer.jpg
209KB, 610x580px
>>
File: CHUCK KNEW.jpg (23KB, 400x292px) Image search: [Google]
CHUCK KNEW.jpg
23KB, 400x292px
>>
>>87121518
> vegiana lol
>>
>>87121518
No, All the guys except Bobby were all over Jean.
>>
File: x-men_no1_bobby.jpg (639KB, 1709x1994px) Image search: [Google]
x-men_no1_bobby.jpg
639KB, 1709x1994px
>>87121518

No. Hank kindd gave up and became friends with Jean, while Warren and Scott both were still hoping for Jean's affection. Bobby didn't care at all
>>
>>87123452
>we live in a world where not being a horndog implies a character is gay
>>
>>87124090
We live in a world where being a horndog implies you're gay.
Everything implies you're gay if you try hard enough.
>>
>>87124090
Two male characters can't be friends either without hambeasts reading gay subtext.
>>
>>87124124
And when an author states definitively that the characters aren't gay, they go ballistic, like what happened with SE Hinton a few days ago.
>>
>>87124195
>like what happened with SE Hinton a few days ago

Twitter needs to go away. The public clearly doesn't deserve that kind of access to writers.
>>
>>87124195
>>87125249
I guess this is the natural counterpart to when critics say "the story is weak, but at least the characters are diverse".
>>
>>87124195
because there's no point in 'confirming' this other than to be a dick to gay fans

if you need proof i'm not 'tumblr', the 'dumbledore is gay' thing was equally bullshit
>>
>>87125839
Well, Hinton got asked directly. So she answered.
>>
>>87125886
dumb excuse
at this point, it shouldn't be hard to figure out how to say 'you'll find out if their sexuality becomes relevant to the story'
>>
>>87126151

or, feelings will be hurt?

if you're going to worry about that as a creative your head will be swimming in it, all the time

there's no point in caring about what will upset sensitive people on the internet who're looking for something to substantiate their lives
>>
>>87126151
Are you honestly saying that a writer has a responsibility to be coy and dishonest in order to spare someone's feelings?
>>
>>87123452
Bobby was what, 12? 13?
Of course he didn't care.
>>
>>87125839
No, it's because Shippers can make as many mental gymnastics as they want for the sake of their desires, but the writer decides canon, not the fans. Unfortunately with comics, definitive canon is fluid with multiple runs.
>>
File: genos.jpg (89KB, 884x680px) Image search: [Google]
genos.jpg
89KB, 884x680px
>>87125839
OR MAYBE YOU SHOULD ACCEPT CANON AND LIKE A CHARACTER FOR WHAT HE OR SHE IS, AND NOT FOR WHAT YOU PROJECT ON THEM.

Kek, I still remember the butthurt that people made over Saitama saying that he was straight.

The most mature thing to do is learn that is fine to enjoy something that isnt canon if it makes you feel better, while also accepting the idea that that the creator has the last word, and that is fine.

Fandoms started exchanging the hole "alternate universe" thing where their fantasies could be possible, for "Headcanon" shit, which basically translate for a NEED to validation coming from canon, and generaly a dickness with anyone who think on something different.

This is cancer.

If you like to fantasize that "x" character is gay, DO IT.

But dont search for validation from the author, or dont try to coerce or harass people over this validation, do like japanese people, they are usually fine accepting it.
>>
>>87126272
Also to use Ultimate Colossus' explanation to Kurt as to why him being gay didn't matter, just because you're into a specific gender doesn't mean that you drool over every member of said gender. Hell if we want to go into retrospect,

Bobby had a girlfriend before he came to the school. Do you just instantly get over the person you were dating previously for the first girl you see after her? Probably not, because it doesn't work that way.
>>
>>87126242
its not dishonest, it's called the death of the fucking author

just like a capeshit fan to think that whatever the writer happens to be thinking at the current moment is automatically 'canon'
>>
>>87126518
>doesn't understand the difference between the character saying they're straight in the comic/cartoon and some author having diarrhea of the mouth about controversial shit that's not even necessarily germaine to any story they've written or will write
>>
>>87126543

another term for saying that you want whatever you think to be true

if you don't want to believe in what the writer intends, why not just make up your own fanfic? frankly, i doubt you have the skills to be up to par with his straight vision
>>
>>87126598
>strawmaning
>thinking that I was just talking about Saitama, instead of adressing what you were saying

I just mentioned Saitama, but I what I said was in relation to your point.

>diarrhea of the mouth about controversial shit

Why should it even be a controversy? And WHO see this as a controversy? People who cant accept that 90% of the characters that exist probably doesnt follow their headcanon?
>>
>>87126629
yes i'm sure Foucault was just trying to justify his ships, good catch
>>
>>87126629
She NEEDS the author to say that what she want can be canon, anon.

She cant accept an AU, or anything else.
>>
>>87126669
what you said was not in relation to my post because I was talking about writers making shit up in interviews/on twitter, NOT anything written in an actual story
>>
>>87126543

The main point is she was directly asked and she directly answered. She doesn't have an obligation to make her answer vague when someone asks her a straightforward question nor should she be villainized when a bunch of crybabies shit their pants in rage because she didn't give them the answer they wanted. If you want to have an alternate character interpretation that's fine but it's unbelievably childish to treat the author as if they have an obligation to validate you, which is what happened.
>>
>>87126700
then she can eat shit

my only point is that you don't get to declare anything about your characters that you don't have the balls (or if you just cant be arsed) to put in your actual works
>>
>>87126272

Bobby was like 14 or 15, the rest were like 16 17, though hank may have been like 19
>>
>>87126543
>claim author's opinion doesn't matter
>get mad when author expresses opinion
Pick one.
>>
>>87127320
See >>87126700

Just manchild behavior.
>>
File: ice princess tv.png (157KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
ice princess tv.png
157KB, 500x669px
I had forgotten this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nhesX-8DXo
>>
>>87127517
How many beards did Ice Man have?
>>
So was Bobby ever attracted to Peter?
>>
>>87127683
Of course, anything that could be twisted to imply someone is gay does mean that 100%.
>>
File: OG-X-Men-weekend-1461173246550.jpg (151KB, 463x452px) Image search: [Google]
OG-X-Men-weekend-1461173246550.jpg
151KB, 463x452px
I'm worried about all of them.
>>
>>87126151
>'you'll find out if their sexuality becomes relevant to the story'

Like that even stops headcanons.
>>
>>87121295
Yes, I agree, fellow Marvelâ„¢ fan! Let us help market this amazing progressive move from the House of Ideasâ„¢!
>>
File: se.jpg (57KB, 642x295px) Image search: [Google]
se.jpg
57KB, 642x295px
>>87124195
>jump to google to see what you're on about
>top fucking result

Pffft. I fucking knew this would happen.

This county needs to be nuked.
>>
>>87129243
>writer criticized for writing her characters how she sees them
Art is truly dead.
inb4 /co/shit isn't art
>>
>>87130552
It is but it's obviously compromised art. I get mad at myself when I try to think on artistic terms because I always realize a few seconds later these are products and have been for a long time. There's no real truth to the characters or freedom of expression in them .
They're written by writers with hands tied by editors with hands tied by executives. There's no real truth to these characters anymore, we're stupid to act as if there is and that these companies are somehow betraying us by treating them as they always did.
Y'know unless it's a third party creator owned comic or some shit.
>>
File: 1474406669872.jpg (27KB, 263x189px) Image search: [Google]
1474406669872.jpg
27KB, 263x189px
>>87126151
>get asked a question
>answer it
>"DUMB EXCUSE SHE SHOULD HAVE DODGED IT INSTEAD"

Wew fucking lad anon. It's not the author's job to personally navigate the tumblr minefield of acceptable and not acceptable asks, answers and conditions. If you get offended it's your own fucking fault, not hers.
>>
>>87124124
> implying this is new

It's been happening since the 60's, at least.
>>
>>87126518
>do like japanese people, they are usually fine accepting it

Just shows how little you know. Japanese fans can go ballistic over little details, specially if the thing in question is meeant to pander to a niche (otaku/fujoshi).
>>
>>87125839
You know I'll defend that because I thought he was gay when he kept mentioning his friend in the last book in a really weird way.
>>
>>87130687
That's not a comic book though. It's a book. An actual novel. Editors fix stuff but that's it. The character got asked a question and answered it. She's not fucking beholden to anyone because some fucking fanfic writer wants to feel snubby when talking to her friend.

That's fucking it. THIS ISN'T EVEN ABOUT GAY RIGHTS. THIS IS ABOUT A CHICK'S MASTURBATORY MATERIAL NOT BEING CANON. YES I'M MAD. THIS IS SICKENING.
>>
>>87131055
>YES I'M MAD
Good, this is more than reasonable anger.
Stay mad, anon.
This shit is stupid as fuck.
>>
>>87130853
He never said it was a recent occurrence, faggot.
>>
>>87130687
>Y'know unless it's a third party creator owned comic or some shit.

Sjws flipped their shit over Airboy, an Image series, causing them to alter dialogue for the trade.
>>
File: Had A Penis.png (199KB, 462x324px) Image search: [Google]
Had A Penis.png
199KB, 462x324px
>>87131123
Don't worry it lives on in my reaction folder
>>
>>87131149
>>87131123
What happened?
>>
>>87131202
A lady had a penis.
>>
>>87131149
Wanda had a thingy
>>
>>87131234
Its kind of suprising sjws have not found an excuse to hate sandman yet.
>>
>>87131409
They hate the whole Wanda situation.
>>
>>87131409
This is not a /pol/ thread.
Stop pretending you have the right to decide what other people's opinions are.
And stop picking your little bitching-fest fights on this board.
It's not on board topic.
>>
>>87131529
But how
She was portrayed almost entirerly sympathetically

Are they mad about the way she reacted to the i hate dogs lady at first or something.
>>
>>87133313

Probably angry that Wanda couldn't go into the Dreaming with the rest of the girls. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE TO PHYSICALLY BE A WOMAN THE DREAMING IS SEXIST!
>>
>>87133484
It wasn't even the dreaming that was refusing her entry it was just the moon being picky
>>
>>87123097
That's why Jean turned him gay. She's a petty, spiteful bitch.
>>
His whole name eludes to the fact gay men use meth, also called "ice", to heighten their sexual experience. This is usually done "raw" or "bareback", without protection, and is the leading causes of STD transmissions in the homosexual community.
>>
>>87133484
W...why? Yes, the Moon was picky about that, but when she died her soul was female and the whole thing raked transphobes over the coals pretty hard.
>>
>>87130687
>trying to make a distinction between "art" and "product"

are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>87131614
t.woman
>>
>>87133568
You could insinuate the same thing about everyone else. Maybe you should stop taking meth and thing about that.
>>
>>87133604
>the whole thing raked transphobes over the coals pretty hard.
They probably thought it wasnt hard enough because that old woman before the funeral was shown as largly nice otherwise
Because god forbid somebody you disagree with should ever have any redeming traits whatsoever.
>>
>>87133932
I guess. As a person from that kind of town, it's a pretty accurate and balanced portrayal of small town america. People can be simultaneously pretty nice and hospitable while also being pretty petty and awful bigots.
>>
Oh come on. He was NEVER meant to be a faggot. All of your "proof" is nothing but confirmation bias.
>>
>>87134117
Fuckwit, his origin story involves showtunes.

If you think the kind of insane grasping at straws your side of this "argument" has made don't count as the most delusional examples of confirmation bias ever reposted, then you've actually lost touch with IRL reality and need to be heavily medicated.
>>
>>87134165
>his origin story involves showtunes
So fucking what.
>>
>>87134117
People are pointing out shit that's funny in retrospect now that he's been made gay. Don't get so bent up about it.
>>
>>87121576
Whats this from
Only forshadowing i have seen so far thats not a desperate grasp at straws.
>>
>>87128517
>peter got molested by a man
>that means hes gay
It saddens me that i have seen people say that multiple times.
>>
>>87134165
> If you think the kind of insane grasping at straws your side of this "argument" has made don't count as the most delusional examples of confirmation bias ever reposted, then you've actually lost touch with IRL reality and need to be heavily medicated.
I never even implied that lad, don't put words in my mouth so you have an excuse to spew bullshit.

There is no "historical" proof that Bobby was ever meant to be gay prior to that fiasco and no amount of projecting is going to change that.
>>
>>87134410
Oh, but yea did lad. ShummaBegorah! YarYarYar! Pot'o'gold! Lad. Laddie. Lad.

You're arguing that the previous acknowledgements of his obvious homosexuality are all baseless, all of them, despite the recent confirmation of those long-held fan suspicions, and are demanding proof beyond the confirmation of Marvel Comics itself.
YOU are the one who must prove your baseless declaration that nobody at Marvel through all those years of planting double entendres and now obvious inside jokes had ANY, ABSOLUTELY ANY idea AT ALL that one day someone would out Iceman in any story.
That burden of proof is on you because your claim is ridiculous on it's face and obviously motivated by some deeply disturbing personal issues that you need to work out.

So present your evidence. Or admit to yourself that what you are doing is just pathetic. I don't care which.
>>
>>87134307
Oh yeah, it's just a laugh. That's why we had two full storytimes a few days after the announcement to prove that he was so obviously gay all along, for laughs.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.