[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did DC doomed Tim by "killing" off?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: TimRoasted.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
TimRoasted.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
I really expected Tim's "death" to give Tec a big boost and help it to be on top ten best sellers of September, but it didn't and the crossover issue did better.

Not to mention that hardly anyone cares that he is "dead" (fans and characters alike). Heck, even tumblr is pretty meh about it.

So, will "death" benefit Tim or hurt him?
>>
>>87114503
Tim has been in the toilet long enough that I doubt it will hurt. Sort of weird they play up the whole thing and then show him to be fine in the same issue.
>>
Crossover issues always do better, especially for Batline. Tec is still selling well so I'm not worried
>>
It can only benefit him. Puts him out of the spotlight for awhile so DC can get together what they want to do with the character as opposed to having him just be secondary Robin, hopefully shuts up Robinfags for a bit, they can retcon all of his New52 backstory with the Rebirth event and reintroduce all of his connections like Kon and Bart without having to go through all the meeting for the first time shit

>>87114517
They would have lost a shit ton of Rebirth good will if they had left it without the tease.
>>
>>87114503
>Not to mention that hardly anyone cares

Batman's been moping every since and trying to micromanage everyone because of his guilt.
>>
>>87114503
At least they didn't bullshit us with 'he's totally dead and never coming back', that's a plus
>>87114615
this is nothing like Jason's death, nothing like Damian's - it's basically a footnote in all Batfam stories, OP is correct that nobody gives a shit about those things anyway (and hilariously enough it mirrors Tim's personality well, with his attempts to revive Kon and Bruce and whatnot)
>>
>>87114503
I pretty sure that there will be a lot of "muh Tim" moments by his biggest fanboy Tynion (for while at least). Though, I do agree that fans don't seem to care and are getting tired of cheap comic deaths.

I think DC shouldn't have killed him that early and at least tried to make fans cares about him first before putting him in limbo because there so many good rebirth books right now and the other robins are doing pretty well which makes it hard to miss Tim.
>>
>>87114503
Luckily he'll be replaced by the superior Tim - Harper Row
>>
>>87115709
I hope so.
>>
No one cares because he isn't dead.
>>
>>87114670

Nobody cared about Dick's death as well. There wasn't even a funeral.
>>
This issue sold out at my store because of this. So maybe it didn't boost sales over the prior issue but it could have helped in some way.
>>
>>87115839
>This issue sold out at my store
That's not a big achievement because the early issues also sold out.
>>
File: Ctij8zbUEAAwHO0.jpg (85KB, 672x464px) Image search: [Google]
Ctij8zbUEAAwHO0.jpg
85KB, 672x464px
>>87115709
I thought Duke was the superior Tim.

And he already replaced him.
>>
>>87115813
>There wasn't even a funeral
There wasn't?
>>
>>87116893
Yeah there was
In an issue that ended up not being published
But it's online if you look for "original nightwing issue 30" or whatever number it was when it ended
>>
>>87116967
This. Jason even mentioned it in Grayson #12.
>>
It's not surprising. Tim is the least popular Robin.

>inb4 Tim fans lose their shit.
You know it's true.

I want to know more about the place he's trapped at. I don't know how long we'll have to wait though.
>>
People probably aren't talking about it because they reveal him to not be dead literally right after they kill him.
>>
>>87115709
I hope so. I'm one of the few Harper fans on /co/. It would make a lot of sense for Harper to replace Tim on the 'Tec team. She was very close to Tim and she is best friends with Steph and Cass.
>>
>>87114503
As a character it can only benefit him really.
>>
>>87117238
>hate something because its not popular
Its okay to hate something because you dislike elements of it but disliking something because other people don't like it is fucking retarded
>>
>>87117062
but he's not damian and jason are. Rim has always been sorta there. He's not actively annoying or shit. Both Damian and Jason are cunts. So much so that no one cared when they died and were actively disappointed when they were brought back.
>>
>>87117136
It's real funny that they're basically fighting for the mantle of the most hated sidekick now that Tim can just be outright forgotten until the Rebirth event.
>>
>>87117366
Jason and Damian are both headlining books right now. They've both been in DC animated stuff recently too. They are definitely more popular than Tim right now.

I don't even hate Tim. Dick is my Robin.
>>
>>87117366
>were actively disappointed when they were brought back
Jason sudden popularity after UtRH was the reason why DC kept him and then give him a book.
>>
>>87117413
Jasons book is on lobdell and is shit. daimains animated movies have all been paned because the character acts like shit. they push the character but pushing and doing well are two different things.
>>
>>87117413
Jason and Dick are pretty popular inside outside comics.

Tim and Damian are both still struggling (tho, Damian is definitely doing much better than Tim).
>>
>>87117531
*inside and outside
>>
>>87117465
I haven't checked out the new Red Hood series, but everything I've heard is that people are cautiously optimistic because it's better than the pre-Rebirth title. Under the Red Hood's popularity and Arkham Knight are huge for Jason, too. He's by far more popular than Tim.

Damian is my least favorite Robin, but he isn't being pushed for no reason. At the very least the push has made him more popular than Tim.
I don't know how you can come to the conclusion that Tim isn't the least popular Robin right now.
>>
>>87114503

Nobody cares about Tim. He has no value to the franchise and about 3 fans. Even Batman doesn't give a shit he died.

Good riddance.
>>
>>87117611
>Red Hood series
There a lot of people who consider it as their favorite rebirth series and it's doing well.
>>
>>87117611
Simply becauase damian and jason get just as much if not more negative attention.

Damian is legitimately getting poisoned from the fact that his chqracter gets reset more times than any superhero ive ever seen. he's had about 5 arcs where he changes only to go backwards after the arc ends.
>>
File: 1446120494967.jpg (214KB, 579x665px) Image search: [Google]
1446120494967.jpg
214KB, 579x665px
>>87115709
Fact: Tim would be 10x more interesting as a girl.
>>
>>87117681
Jason have some seriously vocal haters, but his fanbase is huge and the casuals love him. He was even voted as the second favourite Robin when DC made a poll in their twitter account.
>>
>>87117681
Attention, positive or negative, is still part of popularity.

You don't have to argue with me about Damian being a mess. I already said he's the worst Robin. Doesn't change his popularity.
>>
>>87115839
>DETECTIVE COMICS #939 (DC) - 89,612
>DETECTIVE COMICS #940 (DC) - 80,897
>DETECTIVE COMICS #941 (DC) - 82,953

It done worse than previous issues.
>>
don't worry, he's coming back as his alternate reality version old man drake.
>>
>>87115990
Where this from?
>>
So what will Ozy do with him now?
>>
>>87118455
Having tumblr better than having nothing.
>>
>>87115990
Duke's been a better Tim than Tim has for a while now.
>>
>>87118887
And Damifan has finally arrived.
>>
>>87118912
Do you honestly believe that? Tims been shit recently but duke is so fucking forced its not even funny. Him and Row are the worst additions to the batman family since damian.
>>
>>87118966
Not him, but Duke started to grow on me and he's not bad addition to the batfamily.

Though, Snyder is pushing him pretty hard.
>>
>>87118977
Jason was part of the Batfamily before Tim, Damian, Cass...etc even existed.
>>
>>87118977
Jason's kind of shit because of lobdell. Daimian is shit because the entire premise of the character is shit. However, neither of them are as bad as All-New All Different Robin 1 and Robin 2.
>>
>>87118416
Batman Annual
>>
>>87117110
is this some meta shit?
>>
>>87114503
idk what you expected, we all know Tim isnt really dead.
>>
>>87120010
yessir
>>
>Dick
First Robin
>Jason
Failed Robin
>Tim
The other one
>Damian
Son Robin

Tim is a so worthless as a character, who cares about killing him off?
>>
>>87119450
Interesting. It's coming out in November, right?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.