[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All shitposting aside, which do you like better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 302
Thread images: 28

File: superguys.jpg (214KB, 1148x690px) Image search: [Google]
superguys.jpg
214KB, 1148x690px
All shitposting aside, which do you like better?
>>
>>87108896
Tv did it better.
>>
>>87108896
Cavill. I liked the conflicted demigod take on Superman. Also the TV costume looks shitty and low rent, and from what I hear the characterisation is irritatingly ingratiating.
>>
>>87108896

The theoretical version of BvS where Cavill got to display actual human emotions would be better.

But with what he have now, TV.
>>
I fucking loved Hoechlin's Superman. He's got Superman's easy-going swagger down perfectly.

Spinoff when?
>>
>>87109273
>actual human emotions

Come on, Superman was plenty emotional in BvS.
>>
>>87109269
>from what I hear
So you're answering without having checked one? Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>87109386
"My feet hurt" is not an emotion.
>>
>>87108896
Based on what I saw Id have to go with Cavill since he's a superman i can connect with
>>
>>87108896
If you can't decide you can LOOK AT THE TOP OF THEIR HEADS
>>
File: 1366522023113.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1366522023113.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>87109408
>>
>>87109401
That CW stuff makes me cringe, it's torture to watch.
>>
I wasn't expecting much from Hoechlin because I'd only ever seen him as "generic angsty brooding guy" on that faggy mtv werewolf show, but he's been great so far.
>>
Appearance: Cavill (Though they need to give his suit a goddamn belt)

Personality: Hoechlin
>>
>>87109386

Maybe on a theoretical script level, but Snyder's direction has Cavill run the gamut from "mildly annoyed" to "angry" to "I smelt a fart" to "Did I leave the oven on?"

Snyder is neck-and-neck with Lucas for the worst director of actors in major motion pictures. I didn't know Amy Adams could even deliver a genuinely terrible performance, but BvS proved me wrong.
>>
>>87109467
>Personality: Hoechlin
I think you mean Personality: Reeve
>>
>>87109492
I think you mean Walking: Hoechlin
>>
>>87109481
>Cavill run the gamut from "mildly annoyed" to "angry" to "I smelt a fart" to "Did I leave the oven on?"

He seemed happy when he was deep dicking Lois in the bath.
>>
>>87109273
>>87109408
Memes aren't arguments.
>>
>>87108896
I really wish cavill could get some opportunities to show his charisma, but unfortunately the DCEU isn't going that route for superman. So personally I prefer hoechlin's take, he just feels like the altruistic hero I like seeing superman be
>>
>>87108896
Cavill.
>>
>>87108896
Cavill is way better but I like both.
>>
>>87109519

I feel like Snyder might have left that scene in by accident.

>>87109534

You lunatic fanboys always use the same argument. You dismiss the arguments against the work by saying they don't count or their normie bait and say you can only genuinely criticise the work if you don't use arguments A, B, C, D...etc until there's no more arguments left against the film, you literally stick your heads in the sand and scream as loud as you can until you can't hear anything that's not in your echo chamber.

You're like the prequel defenders who claim you can't criticise the PT if you use any of the Plinkett arguments even though that's essentially impossible since they talked about pretty much every single aspect of those films so other people's arguments are going to connect with those at some point. You've essentially wiped out criticism by screaming "DOESN'T COUNT" and pretending that makes you an intellectual.
>>
>Superman and Martian Manhunter fighting Metallo

I don't know why but this gave me a much bigger thrill than watching the Trinity fight Doomsday in BvS.
>>
>>87109628
>I feel like Snyder might have left that scene in by accident.

Snyder loves sex and nudity man, in the Ultimate cut he put back in a shot of Bruce Wayne's bare ass just for the hell of it. Also Cavill did show emotion in BvS, he just wasn't a fancy free happy go lucky dude or whatever.
>>
>>87109659

>I don't know why but this gave me a much bigger thrill than watching the Trinity fight Doomsday in BvS.

Because they were fighting an actual thing and not a Daft Punk light show?
>>
Cavill has a sort of quiet friendliness and he can deliver some lines with gravitas. If he were in the hands of a different director he could be flawless.

Superglutes isn't bad, but he comes off like a young boy.
>>
Different Supes for different purposes.

Obviously, nu-TV Superman is nice -- but not perfect, since he was relegated to being a supporting character for Kara. (And the fact that he was a veteran superhero and likely stronger/better than Kara hardly played into the plot). In terms of characterization we saw, though, he was great: a mentor figure not just to Supergirl but to everyone; calm but decisive; confident but never overbearing. His Clark Kent was great, too.

Still, DCEU Superman was able to have his own spotlight. But that spotlight showcased all of his flaws: we don't see him doing much hard-hitting journalism (compared to TV Superman interviewing Lena Luthor); he certainly doesn't come across as a bumbling and utterly forgettable dweeb. DCEU Superman is stronger and more in line with edgier incarnations of the character, but he's FAR away from his Golden/Silver Age roots, which is enough for me to give a strong "fuck no" to him.
>>
>>87108896

left
>>
>>87109386
>>87109628
>>87109273

kys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlINHSnUx9k
>>
>>87109628
You're argument isnt an argument though, its a false opinion. And when we show you scenes where he is very he is showing lots of emotions you just say

>NUH THAT WAS AN ACCIDENT!

kys my man
>>
>>87109481
KYS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlINHSnUx9k

>>87109552
>>
>>87109699
>>87109659

you guys seriously liked that terrible choreographed fight? It was just terrible, and so much grappling and punching from guys with lazer vision and that can fly.
>>
>>87109716
>>87109737
>>87109746
Calm down your autism and try to use different words next time.
>>
>>87109686

>Also Cavill did show emotion in BvS, he just wasn't a fancy free happy go lucky dude or whatever.

I don't see it. There's a difference between subtle and dull, and Cavill was on the wrong side of that line for BvS. Ryan Gosling in Drive showed more human emotion then him.

>>87109716

I wasn't talking about MoS.

>>87109737

> And when we show you scenes where he is very he is showing lots of emotions you just say

It was 30 seconds compared to the other 2+ hours of the film. It's an extreme outlier.
>>
>>87109759
>and so much grappling and punching from guys with lazer vision and that can fly.

CW budget, it's fine for a street level hero, but when you're trying to depict superpowers it's lame as fuck.
>>
>>87109708
>we don't see him doing much hard-hitting journalism (compared to TV Superman interviewing Lena Luthor)

What are you talking about, DCEU Superman actually goes to crime scenes, tried to get information from cops, and interviewed people in Gotham to learn about Batman.

> DCEU Superman is stronger and more in line with edgier incarnations of the character, but he's FAR away from his Golden/Silver Age roots, which is enough for me to give a strong "fuck no" to him.

Oh okay so you've never actually read golden or silver age comics. What you THINK is his Golden and Silver Age roots are actually just Reeves Superman.
Golden Age Superman beat up mobsters and threatened politicians.

Silver Age Superman got jealous that mini supermen he shot from his hands were getting the spotlight and he wasnt. He also hated the first incarnation of Supergirl that Jimmy had a hand in creating.
You don't know shit.
>>
>>87109800
>I don't see it. There's a difference between subtle and dull, and Cavill was on the wrong side of that line for BvS

Are you arguing whether he was interesting or whether he showed emotion? The first is subjective but you can't say he didn't show emotion.
>>
>>87109800
>discounting MoS because no reason

We're talking about both actors and their entire times as Superman. You dont get to pick and choose.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAN-oSXZOwg
>>
>>87109787
>h-he proved me wrong and used mean words, better call him autistic

amazing
>>
>>87109808
you'e right, it was lame as fuck
>>
>>87109819
>>87109863
Holy fuck, you're autistic.

Calm. The. Fuck. Down.

Take a step back from the computer. Evaluate how much energy you're pouring into defending Zack Snyder and a DCEU version of Superman.

I really hope you're getting paid for this. Because it'd honestly be sad otherwise.
>>
>>87109628
>I feel like Snyder might have left that scene in by accident.

>You lunatic fanboys always use the same argument. You dismiss the arguments against the work by saying they don't count or their normie bait

It's almost as retarded as "Superman sucks he's too OP" paired with "my favorite character can beat Superman"
>>
>>87109899
>b-better use the same defense again!

its okay to admit you were wrong anon
>>
>>87109899
Not that guy, but you arent actually contributing in anyway, just shitposting at this point. At least they are adding to the conversation.
>>
>>87109845

>The first is subjective but you can't say he didn't show emotion.

I can say his range of emotion was limited to the point that it actively damaged my investment in his character.

>>87109851

>We're talking about both actors and their entire times as Superman. You dont get to pick and choose.

Fuck you, yes I do. MoS Supes and BvS Supes are entirely different characters and portrayals, they're practically different people.

>that video

You defenders need to stop pretending that "more emotion" equals asking for constant smiling. No one buys that defense anymore, it's a little sad you guys keep clinging to that as though it's the same argument.

>>87109903

The "left it in by accident' thing was an obvious exaggeration, calm down.
>>
>>87109941
>Fuck you, yes I do. MoS Supes and BvS Supes are entirely different characters and portrayals, they're practically different people.

No you don't, especially not when you blame Snyder for one and he did both. Btw they were very much the same character, you are literally the only person Ive seen say they were different.

>You defenders need to stop pretending that "more emotion" equals asking for constant smiling. No one buys that defense anymore, it's a little sad you guys keep clinging to that as though it's the same argument.

If you cant see the differences in those smiles and what they convey (for example the polite, uncomfortable smile in front of Luthor v the sad, loving, goodbye smile to Lois before he anheros himself) then you have autism.
>>
>>87109941
>was an obvious exaggeration, calm down.
I know that, but it's still a tactic to discredit the argument. Fact is: a Superman shows proper emotions in the proper situations like a real human being. You don't see him laughing maniacally after the court exploded, which seems to be what people want. You see him smile when saving the little girl then gradually turn it into a frown when the people tried to touch him.
>>
>>87109941
>The "left it in by accident' thing was an obvious exaggeration, calm down.
>I-I w-wasn't wrong, I was j-just pretending to be retarded!
>>
>>87109941
>I can say his range of emotion was limited

He was happy, sad, furious, afraid etc. Not sure how it was limited.
>>
>>87110007
>gradually turn it into a frown

It wasn't even a frown really, he was just uncomfortable with the veneration.
>>
One other thing about emotions: it seems lots of people think that "happy" is the only emotion that counts. Superman has shown a variety of emotions, including joy, but many of them are negative emotions. Since people here are autistic, they can't differentiate form them. Some of these include sadness, anger, grief, disappointment, disgust, fear, etc.

Thing is, the most realistic aspect about him is the fact that he mostly has a "neutral" face. You're supposed to express emotions when something emotional happens.
>>
>>87110165
Sorry my fault, it looks more like confusion than a frown. I mean, if I were to help someone and people did that to me, I'd be thinking "what are you guys doing?" too. It looks like that's what he was portraying.
>>
>>87108896
Right has that ass.
Left has two bad movies.
Anyone that argues is deluded or way too into memes
>>
>>87110288
>how dare people have different opinions than me!
>>
>>87110288
Cavill's no slouch in the ass department either.

https://twitter.com/rihannasgayson/status/788106014859984896
>>
You can't compare a Superman who is still learning about his place in the world and is experiencing an existential crisis to a Superman who has been accepted by the world for many years and has a whole lot more experience under his belt - no pun intended.
>>
>>87110414
You can have deluded opinions anon-kun
>>
>>87110241
>You're supposed to express emotions when something emotional happens.
Which I don't feel Cavill does well. I don't know if it's Snyder directing him, if Cavill really is that bland, or it's the script, but I'm never satisfied with the Superman we're getting. He's a little too mopey and kind of emtionally immature. I'm not even going to say that Superman should be some always happy and optimistic dude, but he's like the least compelling character in the movies. I just don't really care about him. He's got nothing interesting going on. I get that he's got a conflicted Jesus complex thing but he fails to evolve from it or do anything meaningful about it.
>>
>>87110976
>he's like the least compelling character in the movies
You can't sincerely say that when Wonder Woman exists.
>>
>>87110835
Approximately how many movies do we need to wait before Superman stops being an emo kid?
>>
>>87111116

He was already properly portrayed.
>>
>>87111116
Only two - MoS and BvS. Throughout BvS we are constantly shown how the world and the media views Superman, but by the end, everyone in Metropolis is out mourning the loss of and attending his memorial.

During BvS press, Cavill had this to say
>because we have all these characters, we can trail that line slowly. We’re not quite yet there at the Superman from the comic books. We’re working our way.

I think an overarching story showcasing Superman's development and his inner turmoil is much more engaging and interesting, on a story-telling level, than having him immediately jump to the happy and optimistic character we're all familiar with. If anything, showing the development will make the end-product of a Superman in his prime all the more valuable.

If the DCEU takes its time, it gets criticised (e.g. Superman's development).
If the DCEU rushes, it gets criticised (e.g. JL, WW, Darkseid worldbuilding in BvS).
>>
>>87108896
Cavill looks perfect, and he could be Reeves tier if he wasn't forced to act so grim and sad all the time. Tyler has a great personality for Superman but physically he falls short.
>>
>>87111295
>but physically he falls short.
heh

James.
>>
>>87111274
>We’re not quite yet there at the Superman from the comic books. We’re working our way.

I wish they would quit saying this, just admit the movie version is its own thing. Either you're along for the ride or not. DCEU Superman is not the comics Superman, or the Reeve Superman. I'm pretty sure it's a lie anyway, as long as Snyder is making the movies Superman will be a conflicted demigod with an ambivalent relationship to mankind. That's fine by me by the way, just quit apologising for it.
>>
>>87111350
Did you not read the first part of the post? The conflicted demigod stuff is most likely done and dusted with now since he now has a place in the world and a family with the Justice League.
>>
>>87108896

Cavill looks better but CW guy got better material.

Your pic makes CW guy look like Cavill's Bizzaro clone
>>
>>87111274
It just seems like a waste to take three fucking movies to get to a proper Superman. Superman's not all that complex, he doesn't need that much buildup.
>>
>>87111394
>Superman's not all that complex
Butthurt Superfags in 3... 2... 1...
>>
>>87111411
The funny thing is that I AM a Superfag. Superman is my favorite superhero.

But he's not complex. He's Truth, Justice, and the American Way. He's a good man raised by good parents who has impossible powers, but because he was raised properly, he knows the best way to use them. He's simple. Sometimes I think he's TOO simple for modern comic book writers.
>>
>>87111394
>>87111411
>expect people to not get mad when someone else lies

Well this is the problem. The people who cry "not muh" at Snyder's Superman actually hate Superman. To say that he's "not complex" is to either be ignorant or foolish. Either way, that's the sort of person who doesn't like the DCEU. People who are actual fans of the character do like it.
>>
>>87111476
I don't care about Superman, he's lame and always will be.
Any Green Lantern will always be a better character than Superman and Green Lanterns suck.
>>
File: george reeves superman.jpg (534KB, 628x1024px) Image search: [Google]
george reeves superman.jpg
534KB, 628x1024px
>>87111295
>Tyler has a great personality for Superman but physically he falls short.

I've long held the opinion that Superman should be an average-looking guy. He's an everyman, not a supermodel.
>>
>>87111370
I doubt it, he still has to be tempted by Darkseid.
>>
>>87111440
>Sometimes I think he's TOO simple for modern comic book writers.

This so fucking hard. I love Superman but he's the most basic of superhero archetypes: He uses his superpowers to do the right thing.

It reminds me of that Bender quote from Futurama: "This guy is TOO trustworthy. What's his angle?"
>>
>>87111541
Which is why Reeves was perfect, his Clark was average but as Superman he was handsome.
>>
>>87111541
>Wanting Superman to look like a genetically inferior beta

Wrong.
>>
>>87111549
Don't even joke like that anon.

Oh, who am I kidding. Your damn right Snyder's going to fit a hackneyed Last Temptation reference into Justice League.
>>
>>87112043
Hey I like Snyder, I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with the Justice League, and it is gonna happen. In the Knightmare scenario Darkseid has turned Superman evil, he's gonna try to manipulate him in the JL 2 or something.
>>
File: batman-vs-superman.jpg (121KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
batman-vs-superman.jpg
121KB, 1000x666px
>>87108896
Cavill

TV version is just TV version aka dogshit
>>
>>87111350
>ambivalent relationship to mankind
>ambivalent
are you fucking kidding me
snyder himself said that superman is the 'most vulnerable' superhero inspite of his powers because of how much he cares, which was depicted in bvs affected both clark kent the report and kal-el the superman

cavill himself has said in interviews that the character is trying to figure out what he should be for humanity, that is in no way "ambivalent"
>>
>>87111558
Idea: have Superman be Superman, no matter how distrusted he is, no matter how smeared by paranoid humans, no matter how hated by bald industrialists. Have him show up to stop bank robberies and shootings and alien domination of the planet, with that Mona Lisa smile and his S-curl and the adoration of the people.

And while the news elite is lambasting him, the people are cheering him. And while the literati of the opinion-makers are calling him a Greek god, the people are calling him a guardian angel.

Because we need someone bulletproof, lie-proof, slander-proof, and smiling while he saves people.
>>
>>87112492
If only they knew him as a kid from Kansas who grew up in a Methodist church and followed the Golden Rule, who admired Atticus Finch, who loved Lois Lane and was best friends with photographer Jimmy Olsen.
>>
Cavill
Boy Scout superman has been retold so many times that starting to go stale
>>
>>87112492
>the character is trying to figure out what he should be for humanity

Yeah and he's not sure if that thing is Superman, that's what I meant by ambivalent.
>>
>>87108896
Hoechlin. I haven't actually seen Supergirl but he'd have to actively try to be worse than Cavill.
>>
>>87112725
The sad fact of the matter is that this was very much a part of BvS. It just wasn't the main focus.
>>
>>87112725
>And while (((the literati of the opinion-makers)))

ftfy
>>
>>87112725
>And while the news elite is lambasting him, the people are cheering him. And while the literati of the opinion-makers are calling him a Greek god, the people are calling him a guardian angel.
>Because we need someone bulletproof, lie-proof, slander-proof, and smiling while he saves people.

Jesus, this is way more fascist than even Snyder would dare.
>>
>>87112894
In what way is that fascist?
>>
>>87108896
I'm pretty sure superbutt had more dialog as a supporting character than calvin in the 2 movies.
>>
>>87112992
>And while the literati of the opinion-makers are calling him a Greek god, the people are calling him a guardian angel.
> Now the whole world stands on the brink staring down into bloody hell. All those liberals, and intellectuals, and smooth-talkers; and all of a sudden nobody can think of anything to say. - Rorschach

A Superman never troubled by what he should do and accountable to only his own sense of righteousness is a pretty fascist concept.
>>
>>87112992
Not him, but the entire idea sounds incredibly paternalistic. Is there any appeal in such a character concept outside of the desire to have some omni-powerful figure take care of you?
>>
>>87108896
As much as I appreciate Tyler, they play it too safe and rely on familarity.
With Henry, they tried something new and showed a more realistic approach and how the world would really act if Superman existed. As well they show Clark conflicted with his humanity.
I feel like Henry's the better and more interesting one.
>>
File: christopher-reeve-superman.jpg (381KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
christopher-reeve-superman.jpg
381KB, 612x380px
>>87108896
>>
>>87113029
He's accountable to the people. If you listened to the people who write articles for major newspapers (like The Guardian) then white emojis would be removed from phones or you can delve into the drivel they spout on Fox or the BBC. The media don't represent the people in any meaningful way. Take Brexit- most of the media was against it and the people voted for it.

>>87113035
The drama in the story comes from the situations Superman is put in. His striving to do the right thing, while carrying the weight of the world is what makes him interesting.

The appeal is clearly there, given that he is still very popular 75 years after his creation.
>>
>>87113143

>Take Brexit- most of the media was against it and the people voted for it.

And now the UK is in turmoil. "The people" aren't always right.
>>
>>87113065
>With Henry, they tried something new and showed a more realistic approach and how the world would really act if Superman existed.

Except that's bullshit. Just browsing your regular autism threads here on /co/ is enough to explain how the world would react if superman existed, namely a whole bunch of stupidly asking how he flies given his physiology and lack of having to develop lift to do so, how the fuck does he produce the energy his heat vision shits out compared to how much solar radiation the sun distributes in a day, etc etc.
>>
anyone got webms of the superman/mm fight in the latest ep of Supergirl?
>>
>>87113143
>His striving to do the right thing, while carrying the weight of the world is what makes him interesting.

How does he decide what the right thing is though? It's not simple. Which is something that Superman is BvS has to constantly deal with.

>You don't get to decide what the right thing is.
>In a democracy, good is a conversation not a unilateral decision.
>How does he decide which lives count and which do not?
>>
>>87113201

>Which is something that Superman is BvS has to constantly deal with.

Really? Because I don't recall BvS making a big deal out of that in terms of SHOWING him struggling with what to do. We just hear people SAY he's conflicted and shit.
>>
>>87108896
LOVE both, but I really liked Cavill's Clark Kent in DoJ. Every time he was on screen he was talking about "the right thing to do" and his ideals and shit. That's that shit I like.
>>
>>87113211

I think the best solution to a lot of problems with that would've been to actually let him talk during the court room.
>>
>>87113143
>The appeal is clearly there, given that he is still very popular 75 years after his creation
The appeal of Superman, originally, is that he was a working class dude doing what a bunch of people wanted to do to corrupt rich people during the Depression. Then during the Silver Age it was the wacky adventures and the fact that he became Bugs Bunny. But your character isn't either of those.

What's interesting about a character who's perfect in every way, and who lacks any flaws or personal conflicts to explore, who never fails and is loved by everyone? Even as a vapid power fantasy, how can the audience relate to something so far removed from reality?
>>
>>87108896
>All shitposting aside
Never.
>>
>>87113201
If someone is in trouble, he helps them? It's pretty simple.

Any argument that Supes shouldn't save someone's life because of an arbitrary set of principles, is retarded.
>>
>>87113224

Or, y'know, showing him hesitating to intervene in a situation where "right" and "wrong" aren't so clear-cut.

Movies are inherently visual, so the "show don't tell" axiom makes so much more sense when making a movie. Showing characters acting and doing things beats hearing them talk about doing things any day of the week and twice on an opening weekend Friday; it's why Fury Road is so effective as a story - characterization is shown through action, not dialogue. Maybe the courtroom scene in BvS could've been aided by a speech by Superman, but ultimately, showing him saving lives and protecting people from harm - kinda like what the first Reeve!Superman film did - on top of him hesitating to interfere with "difficult" situations would've done a lot more to help the film.
>>
>>87113239
>What's interesting about a character who's perfect in every way, and who lacks any flaws or personal conflicts to explore, who never fails and is loved by everyone?

You just lack imagination. A character can be themetically interesting but without execution can end up extremely boring.
>>
>>87113239
If you read comics at all, you would never have asked that question.
>>
>>87113211
>Because I don't recall BvS making a big deal out of that in terms of SHOWING him struggling with what to do. We just hear people SAY he's conflicted and shit.

He does try and apologise to that African woman after hearing that his actions to save Lois may have caused her parent's deaths. And he's struggles with killing Batman to save his mother, which he knows is wrong even as he knows he must do it. Also Superman himself says that he's conflicted several times, like when he calls him mom in the middle of the night and says "I just wish things were more simple" or when he tells Lois that "Superman was never real, he was just the dream of a farmer from Kansas", or when he goes to the mountain to speak to his father's ghost.
>>
>>87113264
>showing him hesitating to intervene in a situation where "right" and "wrong" aren't so clear-cut.

It's more that he does act in good faith but the consequences are ones that he can't forsee.
>>
>>87113239

>What's interesting about a character who's perfect in every way, and who lacks any flaws or personal conflicts to explore, who never fails and is loved by everyone?

A good Superman story isn't about whether Superman lives or dies. We know he'll live. A good Superman story is about what he does to save people in trouble.

There's a Superman story where he flies up to a suicidal woman on a ledge and, after talking with her for a moment, agrees to let her fall if she ultimately wants to end her life. It's a story not really about Superman, but a woman he's trying to save and how he tries (successfully) to save her.
>>
>>87113271

>Superman himself says that he's conflicted several times

Therein lies the point I'm trying to make: his SAYING he's conflicted is not the same as the film SHOWING us he's conflicted via action. I'm not reading a fucking book, I'm watching a movie, and showing me how a character acts is far more effective than a character saying he feels a certain way. It'd be like John Wick saying "I'm pissed as fuck" instead of going down to his basement and sledgehammering the floor like a motherfucker.
>>
>>87113315
So is the look on his face when all those people are venerating him in mexico not showing? Or showing up to the Capitol Building to answer to the government not showing? Seems like you're just picking nits.
>>
Cavill.
Nostalgia-baiting is cancer.
>>
>>87113211
So are you just anti-dialogue in general or something? It seems a weird argument now that it doesn't count as conflict if it's spoken.
>>
File: Superman08.jpg (163KB, 630x427px) Image search: [Google]
Superman08.jpg
163KB, 630x427px
>>87113270
Most Bronze and Modern Age Superman stories are far closer to Man of Steel than they are to what that anon described. I do read (good) Superman comics. But what that anon described is bad even by the standards of fanfiction.
>>
>>87113326

No, those things are showing, and that's a good thing. That's exactly what I'm talking about. His essentially saying "I feel conflicted" is a bad thing because it's clunky dialogue. Exposition can be used to further characterization, yes, but BvS doesn't often succeed in using it that way.

I hate to bring up Fury Road again, but think about how sparse the dialogue is in that film, then think about how you (hopefully) understand the characterization of every major character in the film through their actions alone.

Now how well do you understand the characters of BvS through only their actions in that film alone?
>>
>>87113351

I'm not anti-dialogue, but it has to be used effectively. Going back to John Wick: think about how the intial speech about Wick being "The Boogeyman" was enhanced by the film showing John sledgehammering his basement floor and uncovering his equipment. If we were given the speech alone or the actions alone, we might not buy the idea that John Wick is The Fucking Boogeyman. But hearing other characters talk about him like he's a force of nature combined with the film showing us Wick going from "lonely, heartbroken widower" to "pissed as fuck ex-hitman" gives us a reason to believe all the stories about him are true. (That he proves this minutes later with the shootout in his home only adds to that believability.)

I'm not against dialogue. I'm against shitty dialogue or dialogue that doesn't further characterization.
>>
>>87113362
>His essentially saying "I feel conflicted" is a bad thing because it's clunky dialogue. Exposition can be used to further characterization, yes, but BvS doesn't often succeed in using it that way.

He doesn't say "I feel conflicted" he says

>All this time I've been living my life the way my father saw it. Righting wrongs for a ghost, but Superman was never real, he was just the dream of a farmer from Kansas.
Earlier in the movie he asks his mother why his father never left Kansas, and says that he wishes things were more simple. When he says about Superman not being real he means that his father didn't understand how complicated the world really is, and how maybe it has no place for Superman. To which Lois says
>That's farmer's dream is all some people have, it's all that gives them hope. *touches Superman's crest* This means something.
Referencing how it's the kryptonian symbolfor hope to which he says
>It did on my world, but my world doesn't exist anymore.
Again revealing Clark's alienation from mankind.

There's a lot of characterisation in that exchange.
>>
Anyone that actually likes DCEU Supes should be tested.
>>
>>87113422

I'm the one going hard on the show vs. tell thing here, no fan of BvS or MoS, and even I think that stance is full of shit. If someone likes DCEU Superman, that doesn't make them mentally ill - it makes them someone for whom DCEU Superman "works" as a character. It's no different than people liking Reeve Superman; that version of the character "works" better for them than DCEU Supes or JLU Supes or even Comic Book Supes.
>>
>>87113435
>it makes them someone for whom DCEU Superman "works" as a character.
Sure sounds like some that's mentally ill.
>>
>>87113362
Batman wants to murder Superman, ignoring that he was actively trying to stop Zod. He sits on his arse for 2 years, can't figure out who Superman is (even though both Lois and Lex 'I used Lexcorp unique metals in the bullets I gave to mercenaries and in the bomb I used on Congress' Luthor figured it out) and turns on a hairpin because their mothers shared a name. He also has a policy of hiring retards in his company, so that's nice I suppose.

Clark is a journalist who doesn't know the value of controlling a narrative and never once (in 2 years) calls a press conference or gets his girlfriend to write an honest interview or article about him, to explain his values and point of view>>87113362
. He also doesn't do his job and doesn't get fired. He doesn't care about armed thugs shooting up the docks or about the executions of Us citizens. He only seems to care about Lois, in a situation reminiscent of Anakin and Padme.

Lex Luthor wants to prove that if Supes is all powerful he cannot be all good and vice versa. He has apparently forgotten that Supes was trying to stop the destruction of Metropolis and struggled- indicating that he isn't all powerful because he would have stopped the destruction immediately also someone who is all powerful wouldn't need to kill Zod. Also killing Zod indicates that he isn't all good. He decides that killing the people Batman brands will incite Superman but he ignores the fact that Batman is killing thugs directly. He bombs Congress with a bomb made of unique Lexcorp metals and further decides that the best day to do this, is on the day that he himself is there and conveniently leaves the room before the bomb goes off.

Lois alone likes to fall off or into things and needs Superman to save her.
>>
File: 1476524559511.png (42KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1476524559511.png
42KB, 300x300px
>>87110007
>You don't see him laughing maniacally after the court exploded, which seems to be what people want.

People wanted him to not seems that he just had a wet fart.
>>
File: 1462476499159.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1462476499159.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>87108896
I like Superman, so obviously I pick the one on the right.

Snyderfags are just butthurt because their commentary on the audience and world's reception of a super powered autruistic hero is proved meanless and juvenile, once that CW Supes show that the audience are eager for an optimistic boy scout to be played straight.

This is why Captain America is so popular on MCU, this is why All Might is so popular on Boku no Hero.

Every bit of "development" that Cavil had so far, is just so he can get the same level of autruistic heroicism that he had when he was just a boy saving a bus full of children. Said aproach them was pushed away by a stupid OOC upbrising by one of the worst and most non sensical versions of his dad. Its fucking stupid.

Snyder's Superman barely see himself as part of hummanity, and the director focused on removing almost all of his aspects more human aspects and interactions, like the complete disregard for the supporting cast. Which turns out caused what? Snyderman looks like a loony that is not far away from becoming an omicidal maniac if Lois dies.

Snyder's Superman is what? 33-35? He should already look more confident and mentally stable at this point, CW Super is as old as him and sure does look like a more stable human being.
>>
>>87108896
Right
>>
>>87108896
I like Superman so CW Supes
>>
>>87108896
Hoechlin's Superman is likable, compeling and layered, and pretty much everything that everyone has wanted for a lot of time. He is fun and human, while also being responsable despite his flaws.

So him.

I just wish that Cavil was playing him on the movies.
>>
>>87110835

You can compare one superman that struggles, with one that is on holyday visiting supergirl and fights a retarded drone
>>
>>87111394
>Superman's not all that complex, he doesn't need that much buildup.

Fuck off.
>>
File: kmkl (27).gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
kmkl (27).gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>87114253
Read the post following that, fag >>87111440
>>
>>87114274
Claiming to like Superman doesn't make his assertion correct. In fact, it just raises doubt on the validity of the second post.
>>
>>87114284
What is wrong about what he said?
>>
>>87108896
cavill but both ok i guess.
>>
>>87108896
Henry is full Superman irl and great looking Superman in the film.
CW Superman is CW looking shit, but his character is almost perfect for being Supes.
I guess CW version is good enough for CW, but since CW is garbage it doesn't matter.
Henry is perfect for DCEU, but since DCEU is garbage it doesn't matter either.
>>
>>87114292
That superman isnt complex.
Being superman is complex.
>>
Tyler acts more like the confident Post-Crisis Superman I prefer to the young untested hero. Ten years of Smallville was enough of a young Superman for me.
>>
>>87109534
What else does this scene convey other than
>It's cold
>My feet hurt
>Wish I was with Martha
>What's my endgame with this ship
>>
>>87115007
>the most boring rescue ever

It goes in hand with Snyder view of randyanism, where being autruistic isnt something good.

His vision of Randy tarnish the entire image of Super and his characterization.
>>
>>87115029
Calling it a rescue's stretching it a bit. He's slowly dragging a heavy ship across an ice sheet only a few feet thick at the strongest, with the crew exposed to the elements, and the nearest civilisation likely a few days away. You could make the argument he's actually punishing the crew.
>>
File: 1305486096066.jpg (20KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
1305486096066.jpg
20KB, 210x230px
>>87108896

Super muchacho is even more bland and campy than I expected him to be, if this is the superman superman-fags want, then I'm glad I didn't bother with the character to begin with.
>>
>>87108896
>muh darker edgier costume that just makes it look like I'm soaking wet
Hate this shit
>>
>>87108896
Cant beat Supes '78
>>
>>87115007
It's not a scene. It's a clip from a montage of Superman doing various rescues. All while the public bashes him for doing rescues.

>>87115029
>It goes in hand with Snyder view of randyanism, where being autruistic isnt something good.
That's not the message to take away from MoS and BvS. The idea that Superman is punished for his good deeds is not a commentary about good deeds being futile. It's a commentary on the cynical nature of mankind, and how Superman is trying to show us a benter way despite ourselves.

>>87115068
You sound like Justice Jonah Jameson. Yeah better not "punish" the crew. Just let them stay there and slowly starve to death in the Arctic climate. That's way better.
>>
>>87115984
You're giving Snyder too much credit
>>
>>87115931
Ree too angsty so emo
>>
>>87115842
>if this is the superman superman-fags want
It's just a vocal minority of fags who still think Superman should keep his red panties on. As a superfag myself, I don't agree with perpetuating the campy Donner Superman idea. That version of Supes had his time to shine.

I'm not saying every version of Superman should be Snyder's version either. My point is that there's more degrees of the character than those two extremes. You should try reading some superman comics that aren't silver age or All-Star.
>>
>>87115931
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5QxUHCKqMU
>>
>>87115999
I'm just using common sense.
>>
>>87116020
My man. I agree with everything you said.
People always act like you can only have one or the other. I'm just glad we can have two separate but still valid versions of Superman at once. :)
>>
>>87113185
autism, the post.
>>
>>87115007
"Just another day in the life of Superman." There's no need to comfort anyone so he just uses his neutral face. Go outside someday, this is how people usually look when they aren't emoting. Movies have conditioned you to think that characters NEED to emote in EVERY scene. Snyder actually made Superman into a realistic person, like it or not. This isn't to say he isn't the first one to do it, but he's the first to be CRITICIZED for doing it.
>>
>>87116035
This isnt bad. I miss early 2000s non-edgy movies
>>
>>87115984
>how Superman is trying to show us a benter way despite ourselves.
And that we should do it, and indeed some people are heroic enough to take iniative like Bruce Wayne.
>>
File: 1429346340782.jpg (125KB, 1918x766px) Image search: [Google]
1429346340782.jpg
125KB, 1918x766px
Did anyone bothered to make a webm of the rocket part? It looks cool
>>
>>87116097
Cynicism isn't realistic, it's an overly negative way of looking at an existence that has both happy and sad moments.
People in real-life know this, they're not in a constant state of sadness and anger that this version seems to be.

Please, for the love of god, everyone STOP thinking that this dark, depressing universe of superheroes is realistic at all, it isn't.
>>
>>87116194
You're fighting phantoms. I never said cynicism was realistic, but that people showing emotions when there is a REASON to show emotions is realistic. Superman having a neutral face isn't "grimdark" or "cynical." It's just Superman having a neutral face! Is that really so hard to understand? Why are you strawmanning?
>>
>>87116245
To be honest, I'm just venting some frustration
>>
>>87116097
Personally I walk around with a slight frown when I'm not emoting.
>>
>>87116283
Hey that's fine. Some people do think Superman should be dark and edgy like Batman, but I think Snyder isn't one of those people. It just looks that way because it's difficult to put Superman in a darker planet and have him portrayed with human emotions.

The thing is, it's definitely worth it in the long run when the world becomes lighter. I guarantee that this movie will be more appreciated when JL comes out and it shows how much Superman has changed the world for the better. Please just wait for that.

>>87116290
Basically it's whatever takes less muscles to do/whatever feels most natural and least tense. I feel like that's what was being portrayed in most scenes.
>>
>>87109443
You're not wrong.

But you're still a dumbass for answering. Nobody wants the opinion of someone who hadn't even seen half of what they're talking about.

Fuck off
>>
>>87108896

TV, definitely. He has a personalty and isn't made of wood.
>>
>>87116356
The way that you headcanon things is kind of patethic anon.

I gave BvS a chance and it was shit, the DCEU will be much better after Snyder finish JL and is obviously removed from it.
>>
>>87116448
>headcanon
Where? If anything, the detractors are the ones who headcanon things, seeing as the memes "stop invincible son" and "Pa Kent's suicide" aren't actually in the movies.
>>
>>87115984
>Just let them stay there and slowly starve to death in the Arctic climate. That's way better.
You think the best way to rescue the crew of a sinking vessel in sub-zero temperatures is to drag the whole fucking thing sideways across the Arctic by it's anchor?! There aren't even that many of them just shove them into a lifeboat and fly away, or I don't know any of the thousands of other ideas that make more sense.
>>
>>87116600
Honestly if Superman were to ask me to choose one of those options I would tell him to drag the ship because it looks cool and would be a once in a lifetime event. Totally worth it.
>>
File: kal and lara.jpg (619KB, 1280x984px) Image search: [Google]
kal and lara.jpg
619KB, 1280x984px
>>87116650
hell yea, gotta take advantage of these capes before they can slaughter us
i like bvs
>>
>>87113909
>>87113979
>>87114039
Can you three join a cult and kys there?
>>
>>87116753
You mean "decide to." They can already slaughter us.
>>
>>87108896
I don't watch CW shit but based on looks alone right is far superior
>>
>>87108896
Clark kent. Only one of them plays him
>>
>>87117019
Yeah Cavill did do actual reporting in the Ultimate Edition, and a little bit in the Theatrical (if you count the gala). Too bad the other guy just talked to Perry White on his phone instead.
>>
>>87116846
>if you doesn't lick Snyder's dick, you are a cult

Ironic.
>>
>>87108896
Cavil has the potential to be a really great superman, but Snyder is trying too hard to make him Jesus.

The TV dude has been allowed to be Clark and Superman and I personally enjoy that more.
>>
>>87113029
>A Superman never troubled by what he should do and accountable to only his own sense of righteousness is a pretty fascist concept.
...You know that's the literal definition of Superman?
>>
>>87115007
Couldn't he just pick up the ship?
>>
File: Lois-Clark-Dean-Cain-793x603.jpg (30KB, 640x487px) Image search: [Google]
Lois-Clark-Dean-Cain-793x603.jpg
30KB, 640x487px
>>87108896
the only real superman, that's who
>>
>>87117393
By irl physics it'd just snap in two but they've never cared before
>>
>>87117441
I thought about that too but then by that logic why wouldn't the anchor chain snap?
>>
File: image.jpg (304KB, 900x1341px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304KB, 900x1341px
>>87117313
t. person who has never read a comic
>>
>>87117147
What about when he interviewed Lena Luthor?
>>
>>87108896

Right one
>>
On the subject of realism.
Snyder's Superman is like a cop that doesn't do community outreach or foot patrols. We see from real life that kind of detached interaction leads to divisiveness and and antagonism.

So thinking he should do that community outreach shouldn't be too much to ask. And more importantly, as a reporter he should know how much that kind of goodwill PR matters in how you're received. It's downright weird that he tries to run a one man smear campaign against Batman but puts no effort beyond angsting into his own public relations crisis.

IMO A much more humanizing and believable take would've been less Superman as deity and Superman as celebrity. You can still have his words be taken out of context and his every move scrutinized, but you get more of a balance that way. Superman is a performance piece, and celebrities can be bigger than jesus anyway.
>>
File: 20160627145152.jpg (62KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
20160627145152.jpg
62KB, 600x300px
>>87117484
>>87117441
it would be amazing if they made a superman like this. He's obviously too powerful, so everything he picks up splits or gets destroyed due to physics; the irony of being the most powerful man, but not being able to save anyone alone. This could deconstruct the idea of humans acting like idols and gods; show "superman" that if he really wanted to save people, he would have to work with them, drop the suit, drop the title, drop the pride, and work together with other people who are exactly the same as him.

It could be ironically and fittingly (storywise) called the "Superior Superman"
>>
>>87117533
No, I mean a superman. Read more than just comics.
The entire concept of a nietzschean superman is that he's not bound by human, societal, or religious convention, and instead transcends and advances the species as whole through based on a moral and intellectual set of his own creation.

A superman doesn't angst if he's right or wrong, because if he thinks he could be wrong, he's not a superman.
>>
>>87117607
we're all supermen, basically. That's the message. And that we need to work together.

It always boggled my mind why superhero teams never involved the people who always ended up running away from the crisis becuase they were "too weak". Then work with them and even the playing field! Someone like batman can train a young boy, but fuck all the other people; I hope they get stabbed... you have to share the solution to solve the problem on a large and proper scale. People don't need "Superman" they need each other.

Evil-doers on the other hand, can make the mistake of pride and only limiting power to a few individuals, showing that they will be outnumbered no matter how strong they think they are. Because they're not gods, and the world will humble them to that fact. And then punish them for their crimes.
>>
>>87117585
Wally's apartment had news articles that detailed some of his other adventures, including stopping an earthquake and preventing a humanity-ending virus from being let loose.

The people who were on Superman's side during the court scene were jumping up and down, chanting his name as if he were a celebrity. There were various different perspectives shown in this movie, not just the deity aspect.
>>
>>87117607
They did it during the plane rescue in Superman Returns. (...And ironically I think also in Supergirl?) He's so strong that he can't grab a plane by the wing, it'll just snap off. He tries to lift it by its nose, and the nose crumples on him.

Doing it more than that though and you get a Wolvrine Origins comedy montage where he's destroying a bathroom with his new powers. Probably want to avoid that for much longer than a minute.
>>
>>87117607
"What if Superman was the hulk guys?????"
>>
>>87117672
Nietzsche is a retard who strawmanned previous philosophers. He's wrong about nearly everything. Superman isn't Nietzsche's meme man, so who cares about what Nietzsche said? The post I responded to has Superman with a capital letter.

Nietzsche's meme man goes "beyond good and evil" but in effect he just goes below it and ignores it. Superman does good. He does the right thing.
>>
>>87117585
>much more humanizing and believable take would've been less Superman as deity and Superman as celebrity

You are retarded. Superman existence would challenge all religions. Even I. The. Omits there are church ofsuperman
>>
>>87117672
There's a reason we call that "The Ubermensch", and it's precisely to avoid this sort of smug "but I was talking about the CONCEPT of superman" bullshit.
>>
>>87117696
I mean more like..
Do that scene from the comics where you have the woman wanting him to autograph his tits and show us the bashful farmboy interior getting flustered at that kind of attention.

Show Superman throwing the first pitch at a world series and then you have a bunch of people complaining he's got more important things to do.
Have him give a speech.
The celebrity aspect is anemic. I'd have it be the focus. Instead of "I'm not a god" do "I'm not a role model. (But maybe I should be).
>>
>>87117732
the message can be delivered in far more variety than just physical mistakes when he tries to save poeople but lol, nice one with wolverine. His interactions and observations will "prove" that he needs to step down and even the playing field to solve problems, instead of the "stay back!" mentality. And another thing, I mentioned in another post, is how bad guys with pride for fall the exact same reasons, even though their intentions are different.
>>
>>87117754
>The post I responded to has Superman with a capital letter.
typo. And if we want to use original depictions and go 'he killed someone in action comics 1!!1" I see now reason I can't use the basic concept that inspired the character in an argument. You assholes only want to use the zeitgeist's interpretation of the character when it suits you when it's really all or nothing.
>>
>>87117767
>You are retarded. Superman existence would challenge all religions
So do celebrities. Or rather media.
And the thing is we don't GET that challenge to religions in the Snyderverse. Where's the scene with the pope commenting on Superman? Where are the imams that are so challenged and offended? Who's asking if he even has a soul? Where's the priests, the rabbis, talking about how his existence is proof positive or negative for intelligent design?

The whole religious debate boils down to just a bunch of jesus imagery and a speech about apollo from a fedoracore Lex. Do it fully or not at all.
>>
>>87117845
Look kid, I know you're a pseudo-intellectual who just blew in from Reddit, but Superman was never inspired by Nietzsche. He was always the "champion of the oppressed." Nietzsche's meme man goes his own way, doesn't care about morality, and does whatever he feels like. If it helps people, so be it, if it hurts someone then sucks to be them. Superman cares about morality and always tries to help the little guy. No version of Superman is the edgy jerk that Nietzsche wanted, so he has no place here. Your tricks may work on the uneducated, but don't expect everyone to fall for them.
>>
>>87117812
I only wanted to point out we had a taste of the destructive savior aspect. As far as the rest of your post goes I kind of agree with >>87117674
in that the Classic (campy "perfect" Superman that gets rallied against so strongly here) has always gone "We're all supermen and we can all make the world better". Which is why you get a panel of Superman and Nightwing teaming up with a regular beat cop and Clark absolutely and earnestly considers them all equals.
>>
>>87117957
>Look kid, I know you're a pseudo-intellectual who just blew in from Reddit, but Superman was never inspired by Nietzsche.
He was when it was just Siegel. It wasn't until Schuster joined up that he was rewritten into being a hero. Then the technical superman got folded into being Lex.

And if Clark cared about morality all that much why is he still a vigilante? That's illegal.
>>
>>87117957
>No version of Superman is the edgy jerk that Nietzsche wanted, so he has no place here.
Red Son kinda was.

I think it's funny that in order to appreciate the kino I have to let Clark be Apollo Jesus and King Arthur but if I want to look metatextually without Snyder's approved reading list then that's a paddlin.
>>
>>87118023
Hoo boy. You're in dire need of reason actual metaphysics, ethics, and politics if you think that morality is the same as legality. Big mistake.

On the topic of Siegel and Shuster, where did you get that information? I thought the common opinion was that they were inspired by Moses and wanted a Jewish messiah character.
>>
>>87118089
Sorry I should have been more clear, I meant canonical, non-Elseworlds stories. I'm sure there were a few imaginary stories where he embodies that ideal. I haven't read the Nazi Superman one but I assume he's similar (I may be wrong). Red Son was awesome though.

>but if I want to look metatextually without Snyder's approved reading list then that's a paddlin.
I'm not sure what you mean here. Can you expand upon this? Does this have to do with interpretation vs. author's intent?
>>
>>87117967
Sure, this could be implemented on a larger scale to involve everyone, teaching them, showing them they're not just victims, they're the saviors. This is an important lesson to learn in real life and it doesn't even have to be campy, we have too many elites and idols and gods and kings, and we don't need any.

Everytime a power or opportunity or information or chance is limited a few people, there's usually an agenda behind it: Greed. The leaders call themselves "superiors" so you're not supposed to question their actions or decisions, and yet their decisions are correct but they wont keep you as informed as they are; they'll instead want you to follow them do what they say. That's a broken system.

Let's say for example we had a good and fair king, president, etc. If he doesn't empower and inform everyone and even the playing field in every aspect of life so there's no difference (essentially, making the title of king and the identity of a human king redundant) then, as soon as that person dies, everything goes to hell, This has happened in real life and is implied in virtually every superhero story. What if the hero dies? The world will come to an end/be left with a void that cannot possibly filled (or will only be filled with another superhero). Bullshit. If everyone is on an even playing field, then if one person dies, it doesn't change everything or anything, there are many more like him, not few but the majority, and everything will be fine. The world was not counting on one person. There's a real lesson that can be learned there.
>>
>>87118186
>I'm not sure what you mean here.
I mean quite bluntly that Snyder's got a fanbase that wants it both ways. Deviations from common perception or textual anon are dismissed as "it's in interpreaation! its an elseworlds! you just hate new things1 its got depth because we're comparing it to things outside of the source material" but will then hide behind single out of context pages/panels and go "See! He referenced this one page because they're posed the same! Based Snyder! He really gets it!"

And I think the idea of interpretation versus authors intent is fucking hilarious here because of how damn ineloquent Snyder is and how said interpretations are constantly shifting and moving goalposts in order to justify the next dumb thing the man says. You have a bunch of people who, are admittedly at least better able to form arguments than the director trying to examine the literary merit of a bunch of skulls, when Snyder is in an interview going "I just think skulls are cool" like a fourteen year old.

I have a long memory. I remember back when Man of Steel first came out and people that liked it were defending it as "The buildings were already evacuated! Nobody died!" How far we've come since then.
>>
>>87118280
>You have a bunch of people who, are admittedly at least better able to form arguments than the director trying to examine the literary merit of a bunch of skulls, when Snyder is in an interview going "I just think skulls are cool" like a fourteen year old.
There's a difference between using skulls in a movie to mean something and having skulls in your office because they look cool. You can't use quotes like that because it's dishonest.

You can have your own interpretation while referencing other works. I don't see the problem with that. He plays a lot of things straight, but also does inversions at the same time (such as with TDKR).

>I remember back when Man of Steel first came out and people that liked it were defending it as "The buildings were already evacuated! Nobody died!"
That's pretty funny because I distinctly remember the scene where Superman is blasted through a building that still had people in it. Those guys just had bad arguments that didn't reflect the movie. In order to properly defend a movie, you can't lie about it. There's that one guy who would keep claiming that Batman didn't kill anyone in BvS, which is completely dishonest. Now what would REALLY be tough is if the movie said Batman didn't kill people and showed him killing people. What would that mean?
>>
>>87109371
A solo show is doubtful - Superman is not a spin-off of Supergirl, in any event. It would surprise me if they don't sign him for a reoccurring and that he's not in a four show cross-over next year.

>>87109371
This

>>87109420
I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>87109819
Not that guy but you're wrong. GA Superman did throated people, including generals, leaders of other nations, mobsters, crooked businessmen, etc., and also beat-up a few and, in one instance, he at least one panel, let the villains die, which most of the murderman people want to say is him killing them. But that characterization was only for the first few years and no one other than Morrison in his Action run has really done anything with that type of Superman - Snyder certainly didn't.

And you're quoting one third of a three part story about Jimmy's wishes, and one story from another issue to characterize the entirety of Silver Age Superman?

Trust me, YOU don't know shit.
>>
>>87108896
I choose right because I don't know what the fuck is going on with the left's hair but it just aint right
>>
>>87108896
I read comics, so right.

Snyderman demaged the brand.
>>
>>87119032
Obviously not Superman comics.
>>
>>87108896
They are both hit and miss

I like Cavill's presence. But I think he's too stale.
Teen Wolf has the persona down, but he has the presence of a 6" dick.
>>
File: superman01.jpg (229KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
superman01.jpg
229KB, 1440x900px
>>87108896
>Daily thread

They're both shit.
Just because one is less shit than the other doesn't make it good.

And Supergirl is absolute trash.
>>
>>87119082
pretty much /co/mrades
>>
>>87108896
the guy on the right looks like a stock halloween costume
>>
>>87113515
People who hate DCEU Superman self-insert into a suicidal teenager. Many of them are grown ass men.
>>
File: 1356023572306.gif (2MB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1356023572306.gif
2MB, 160x120px
>>87119246
Holy shit, you're probably right
>>
>>87119246
Yes, people who like DCEU are fully realized adults and sophisticated, people who don't like it just want a talkative Superman that act all gay with "empathy" and shit.
>>
>>87119082
Another casual? Stop posting on /co/ if you don't read comics. Or stick to SU threads.
>>
>>87120282
there's no elitism here
>>
>>87117434
Barely even fights super villains.
>>
>>87120282
Damn, you got me. You called me a casual. I can't believe you managed to figure me out.

Guess I'd better kill myself after that scathing burn.

Next time, if you really want it to hurt, you could try calling me a newfag, based on absolutely nothing whatsoever.
>>
>>87120407
that was the best; I hate celerity fights. Now that's all it comes down to in live action.
>>
>>87120434
>that was the best; I hate celerity fights
I bet you're female.
>>
>>87120415
ha! only a newfag would use the word newfag to make it seem like he's not a newfag; hang on there's a chart for this lemme find it...
>>
>>87120465
..I was waiting for someone on 4chan to say it before I finally made my decision to sex change; thank you.
>>
>>87120483
I bet you're mayonnaise.
>>
File: 1358867314814.jpg (86KB, 595x360px) Image search: [Google]
1358867314814.jpg
86KB, 595x360px
>>87120483
>>
>>87120494
I fuckin Love mayonnaise; but i haven't had any in while.. trying to live to be 30; all in moderation.
You know what they say: A cup of mayo a day..

>>87120524
hahahaha I love you too.
>>
>>87113352
A lot of Bronze Age and a good chunk of the modern stories (I mean we had three years of the New Krypton bullshit that amounted to nothing other that a lot of noise only to essentially go back to the status quo, followed up by Grounded) were crap irrespective of who the character in those stories was; the stories themselves were a problem.
>>
File: 20161021_153443.jpg (220KB, 287x658px) Image search: [Google]
20161021_153443.jpg
220KB, 287x658px
>>87117798
>Do that scene from the comics where you have the woman wanting him to autograph his tits and show us the bashful farmboy interior getting flustered at that kind of attention.
>from the comics
Supes doesn't do bashful.
>>
>>87108896
I prefer Cavil.
Tyler felt dull maybe because the show is boring.
>>
>>87120803
Got 'em. Superboy at most would be embarassed. By the time he's Superman he's just too confident.
>>
>>87120834
is tyler the new guy? He looks like a douchebag/college dropout combo. He didn''t even fucking shave for the role, they don't give crap up there.

I wanna be a writer on those shows: Just dick around and go home with shit ton of money (presumably- I dunno if they're saving money on their paychecks too). I mean this is no artform; this garbage that's only given a "pass" by asshat execs because it has a popular name attached to it. This the worst kind of filming ever known to man. The reminds me of "The Cape"...
>>
>>87117915
>And the thing is we don't GET that challenge to religions in the Snyderverse. Where's the scene with the pope commenting on Superman? Where are the imams that are so challenged and offended? Who's asking if he even has a soul? Where's the priests, the rabbis, talking about how his existence is proof positive or negative for intelligent design?

So you need handholding.
>>
>>87120943
>tfw no director gf to hold my hand literally while she figuratively holds my hand with her film-making
>>
>>87108896
Snyder was so bad with Supes, that the executives took away all the privileges that Snyder had, and gave to Jonhs. JL is his last movie, and just because Warner can't fire him.
>>
>>87121045
Well, Snyder had his wife that works at Warner, to convince everyone to put him in charge of the entire cinematic universe, even if his movies were barely profitable or good with reviews.
>>
So what is the perfect superman? I thought you fags hated the boy scout version of supes.
>>
>>87121105
I read in an interview that she actually thought it would be a bad idea to put Zack as the director of Man of Steel. Good thing she was wrong.
>>
>>87121154
Supes is supposed to be a boy scout though, only edgy fucks who didnt even like Superman to begin with hate it when he's a boy scout.
>>
>>87109716
I liked MoS, but BvS was shit.
>>
>>87121154
Silver Age is the best.

>>87121189
That's false. He doesn't HAVE to be.
>>
>>87121164
Stops lying anon. She even lost some power over her bad decisions.
>>
>>87121164
...but she wasn't, they've made a shitton of money and zero remotely good movies
>>
>>87108896
Cavill I really like his earth one/birthright take and he looks like a John Byrne drawing

Tyler is nothing I haven't really seen before but that being said I'd still watch a shoe about him he isn't a bad superman
>>
>>87121293
http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-zack-snyder-profile/

>After Sucker Punch, Snyder needed a hit, and he had one two years later with Man of Steel, which placed Superman in the same forbidding world inhabited by Batman in Nolan’s Dark Knight films. This was no coincidence—Nolan co-wrote the movie. Initially, Deborah didn’t think her husband should make it. “I said to Zack, ‘I just think this is the biggest mistake,’” she recalls. Ultimately, the Snyders signed on, Zack as director and Deborah as a producer.

And checkmate. Another victory for truth and justice.

>>87121323
MoS was good. BvS was a masterpiece. Go cry about it. They made more money than the first two Marvel films.
>>
I miss Newbern
>>
>>87120803
>>87120846
I dunno. That smile doesn't read confident.
>>
>>87121456
I think it might just be the art.
>>
>>87121372
>BvS was a Masterpiece
No
>>
>>87118636
>There's a difference between using skulls in a movie to mean something and having skulls in your office because they look cool.
See that shit right there is exactly why this death of the author crap doesn't work. Because you're so convinced that no director could EVER just throw something in because he thinks it looks cool and EVERYTHING has to have some deeper meaning.

Because if Snyder's just making brainless blockbusters that's a betrayal of your entire goddamn argument. You wouldn't be patricians anymore.
>>
>>87121465
If DCEU fans can go "This frown means this! But this other frown means something else entirely! See? Depth!" I want the same privilege with the smiles in the comics.
>>
>>87121491
>Because you're so convinced that no director could EVER just throw something in because he thinks it looks cool and EVERYTHING has to have some deeper meaning.
Nope, I'm saying your evidence is invalid. Show me something of him saying "I put the skulls in the movie because they look cool" and I'll accept it. You have to stop taking things so personally.

Snyder has been proven to be doing certain things on purpose, so it literally can't just be a "brainless blockbuster" like you want. You're denying reality because you hate Snyder.
>>
>>87118636
>>87121491
I genuinely can't tell who's arguin for which side anymore; can you guys put a "I luv Synder" or "I h8 Snyder" at the bottom of your posts so I can know for sure; thankssssssssss
>>
>>87121481
It was. Deal with it.
>>
I want moviefags to leave
recent DC movies are cancerous as fuck, TV shows are kind of ok, and animated movies are the best of the bunch

movies:
>Hurr durr weird ass morality problems, grown up stuff for serious people
TV
>Some highschool drama, some comic stuff
Animated movies
>FUN STRAIGHT FROM COMICS
>>
>>87121640
heyy!!! Tag your posts!

Rule violation!! Rule violation!!!!
>>
>>87121704
>and animated movies are the best of the bunch
Since when? They haven't made a good DC animated movie since flashpoint paradox and assault on arkham.
>>
>>87109702
>he can deliver some lines with gravitas
Proof?
What lines did he even have!?
>>
>>87121704
Grow up
>>
>>87121704
>FUN STRAIGHT FROM COMICS

HEY SHUT THE FUCK UP, THERE'S NO CHARACTER NAMED "FUN" IN THE COMICS, AHAAHAH I CAUGHT YOU PRETENDING TO BE COOL, EVERYONE LAUGH AT HIM. You're gonna be the laughing stock of this school, my friend. Yeah, you made a mistake coming here. Go home.
>>
>>87121704
Okay you've definitely never read any comics. Zack Snyder is the modern day Jack Kirby.
>>
>>87121759
>grow up
fuck off twat
people like you are the reason we cannot have nice things, you came with your broom stuck so far up your ass that your brain leaves through your eyes to look at adolescent, fun culture of whatever, comic books, vidya, tabletop, you name it, and you ruin it with your
>hurr durr that makes no sense for refined distinguished man like me

>>87121754
yeah? DC movies failed to make anything good since Dark Knight trilogy, and that was not great as well.

NOT COMIC BOOKY ENOUGH YOU FAGGOTS, PROVE ME WRONG
>>
>>87121521
>"This frown means this! But this other frown means something else entirely! See? Depth!"

Do you actually believe the interpretation of things like moby dick or Prometheus is not really in the movies and just in the mintd of kinoposters?
>>
>>87121813
Zack Snyder is a faggot, blasphemer, and probably cuck jew as well
way to ruin all trinity in one movie
>>
>>87121813
dude do you get paid to say this? I dont even fucking know who jack kirby is, but it had better be a bad thing..

cmon man, who is he and why does he matter? He got the job cos he's a yes-man, and let's be honest these movies don't have to be good because kids are going to go see them anyway; unless.. oh dunno word of mouth spreads and people make up their own minds, imagine that! Movies like the Dark Knight had to be good, and then once it kickstarted. You can have a video of one of these assholes pissing into a jar and it'll be a hit. As long as they dont think about it.
>>
>>87121888
mad

BvS was the best film of all time. You melting yet?
>>
>>87121903
no, but know you're a human being that typed that amuses me.
>>
>>87121902
>I dont even fucking know who jack kirby is
Oh I'm saving this post. You are the exemplary anti-DCEU poster. Congratulations!
>>
>>87121640
>Deal with it
Nice meme from 2009, 9Gag
I'm a DC fan, but even I can admit that Dawn Of Justice (in it's theatrical release at least) was terrible
>>
>>87121976
oh, oohhh okay :)

You wanna make this a bigger deal than it is? I'm part of a large conspiracy now? Bring it on, yes I am the representative of all of /co/jima productions, and you're fired. Yeah!
>>
>>87121979
Marvel fan here Dawn of Justice was so good I had to burn all my Marvel comics and DVDs!
>>
File: 1385418365944.png (187KB, 468x262px) Image search: [Google]
1385418365944.png
187KB, 468x262px
>>87121194
>I liked MoS
LOL
>>
>>87121976
And I'm screemcaping the "modern Kirby" shit.

Fucking patethic, Snyder would rape the New Gods, if he wasn't out of these movies until there, which is likely.
>>
>>87121860
Does how I answer that really matter?
>>
>>87121258
>Silver Age is the best.
*ah, it's a mad scientist. to counter his schemes by moving entire galaxy somewhere else and then spin around in a circle so fast i go back in time and stop mad scientist from doing his crime in the first place. oh, no! a meteorite of kryptonite flew close to me!
>>
>>87121574
>and I'll accept it.
Bullshit. You'll do one of two things. You'll say
>That's not an argument
>He *REALLY* meant this other thing.
Like always.
>>
>>87121754
Justice league god and monsters was good
>>
>>87122239
Dying words of a man with no proof. You make up your own reality and try to put other people in it. These things have never happened because you have NEVER had a legitimate argument against Snyder. And you never will.
>>
>>87122178
Go ahead. I'll be waiting.
>>
>>87122200
sounds rad as fuck
>>
>>87122200
>>87122451
Yeah it's super baller except for the Kryptonite stuff. The 60's Superman show was top quality too. He would just do crazy stuff and not care. Going faster than light speed at a whim.
>>
>>87121854
There is not liking anything fun and being an autist who can't try to enjoy something different.
>MUH SUPERMAN
>WHY DOESN'T HE SMILE MORE
because no one gives a shit about hopeful and optimistic characters anymore.
>>
>>87123183
>because no one gives a shit about hopeful and optimistic characters anymore.

Why people love these Super on the right on OP them? And Captain America? And other multiple characters?

Snyderfags are so shallow that they need the invlidation of an entire archetype to justify their shitty characterization that most people hate.
>>
>>87123530
Yeah that guy was lying 100%. It's okay to like both.
>>
>>87108896
They're both utter shit, but Superman is a colossal faggot, desu.
>>
File: sasuke.jpg (36KB, 480x486px) Image search: [Google]
sasuke.jpg
36KB, 480x486px
>>87109851
>Also:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAN-oSXZOwg

Not that other guy, but what did he really fucking have to smile about in that movie?

He was completely outcast and almost everyone had the same idea and hated him.

And then he had things blamed on him like the courtroom explosion, and shit piled up.
>>
>>87111713
>Which is why Reeves was perfect, his Clark was average but as Superman he was handsome.

>implying Cavill as Clark isn't just fine

he proved it in real life, nobody recognized him WEARING a supes shirt and being right next to huge fucking posters with his face plastered on them.
>>
File: 1474737525114.jpg (223KB, 1096x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474737525114.jpg
223KB, 1096x800px
>>87113909
Pa did nothing wrong.
>>
>>87125073
>nobody recognized him
That's because people don't know who he is. They also wouldn't recognize that thing he's doing with his face.
>>
>>87113515
Man what is wrong with some of you seriously you anti dceu supes guys can be complete cunts just accept that there is many different incarnations of the character or just don't shit on people who don't share your opinion seriously act like the character you supposedly love so much
>>
>>87109746

good on you for managing to find the one good scene in two movies
>>
>>87125073

this is what I don't get.

We simultaneously live in a world where any third string celebrity is constantly being photographed by paparazzi every time they step outside, but also it's possible for them to sneak into Comic Con or walk around Times Square unnoticed.

Even if no one recognized Caville they should have noticed the huge parade of cameras following him,is what I'm saying.
>>
>>87126068
Go back to your safe space subreddit.
>>
>>87122327
right. the first one.
>>
>>87127743
>pretending the DCEU is bad

Are you a shill?
>>
>>87127702
>>87127702
>this is what I don't get.

1. Everyone is recording in that particular place, it's a tourist trap
2. It wasnt a bunch of cameras, not even real profesional cams, it was one.
3. People don't pay that much attention, if anyone looked at him they thought "he looks like the superman actor", people don't think they will met a famous guy in the street.

It's not that people in universe doesnt think Clark looks like superman, it's just that for them Clark is just one guy they know that happens to look like someone famous, with cavill it was the same, no one paid attention to him, and the ones that did dismissed him as a guy trying to look like the superman actor.
>>
>>87129118
Cognitive dissonance is what makes the disguise work most of the time.
>>
>>87109408
Kek'd
>>
Honestly, I don't care for either.
Honestly, I don't care
Honestly, I don't.
Honestly.
Thread posts: 302
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.