[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Usagi Yojimbo Legends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 0_zpsmnetmurq.jpg (68KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
0_zpsmnetmurq.jpg
68KB, 360x480px
So, apparently since Saga almost caught up to the current run of the comic (2/3 trades that will combine into the next Saga tome are already out and the last one will follow shortly), the next thing on the agenda is re-releasing all the side stories and spin-offs in one big book.

This includes Yokai (in color!), Senso and, fanfares, complete Space Usagi (sold out ages ago and costs an arm and a leg on Amazon). All those will be published in a Usagi Yojimbo Legends collection, coming out in a few months.

Who else is glad?
>>
>>87106083
Awesome I was already planning on hunting down a copy of Yokai
>>
>>87106083
Glad to hear it but going onto the actual regular release schedule the rest of you have been on for years is going to suck. The last year or so I've just marathoned a phonebook sized chunk of Usagi Yojimbo every three months, going onto a steady IV drip of single issues is going to be a hard come down. It made for a great first read through though.
>>
>>87106305
Re-reading it all is where the fun is, anon. You tend to notice tiny details that escaped you the first time and you giggle like a child. Then you notice a few pages with incredible panelling, how slightly thicker ink lines focuses your eyes on things in the foreground or important objects and characters, creating a pseudo 3D effect. You truly learn to appreciate dynamic acrion scenes with little to no words, the ones which you gave a quick glance before rushing to the next text bubble, but during your second reading you can clearly see how masterfully the positioning and movement of characters is thought out. It's a gift that keeps on giving and analyzing it on a technical level only makes it better.

But yeah, the regular update speed can seem a bit off-putting at first after such a marathon. But then you realize there are people who played that waiting game for over 30 years and still don't have enough. It's simply worth it to wait.

In other news, only now have I learned that Stan has remarried almost a year ago, less than a year after his first wife passed away. I'm glad he found some happiness after losing two loved ones in a span of less than a year.

http://emifujiiphotography.com/temecula-wine-country-wedding-julie-fujii-and-stan-sakai/
>>
>>87106971
>You tend to notice tiny details that escaped you the first time and you giggle like a child.

I love how often you can spot Jei in a crowd scene
>>
>>87106083
That's awesome. Yokai was my first Usagi story and I've got my hardcover signed by Stan Sakai with a full-page sketch included. Inside the cover. I've already got Space Usagi too, but I think this'd be a worthwhile upgrade with all the extras.
>>
>>87106971
>http://emifujiiphotography.com/temecula-wine-country-wedding-julie-fujii-and-stan-sakai/

> he married an art teacher
that cute
> Sergio Aragones was one of his groomsmen
great
>>
>>87106971
>I'm glad he found some happiness after losing two loved ones in a span of less than a year.
It broke my heart to hear about his grandson. My wife and I met him just a few months after our daughter was born and he was so warm and cheerful. He didn't have any sort of line, so he invited us to sit down with him and he told us what a blessing children are in life. His eyes lit up with so much love when he talked about his grandson and told us to cherish our time with our little girl.

It was only a few months later that his grandson stopped breathing in his sleep and passed away a few days later after being comatose. I'm now a parent of two and I still check on my kids every night before I go to sleep for fear of something like that happening.
>>
>>87107218
I have both Senso and Yokai, but Space Usagi is what I am after. If they keep the regular Saga book price on this it's still going to be a steal.

>>87107155
You just gave me a reason to re-read everything and count. Thanks! Oh, and so far my favorite cameo was Neil Gaiman's Sandman. Toho monsters are a close second.
>>
File: Usagi04.jpg (360KB, 630x710px) Image search: [Google]
Usagi04.jpg
360KB, 630x710px
>>87107446
>Toho monsters are a close second
I love the story about the haunted brush set that brings to life whatever it draws

We got Gamera, Mothra, and Godzilla out of it. Also Ghidorah as a guardian dragon spirit
>>
>>87107312
Holy shit. Fuck those so called "natural causes". That's every parent's and grandparent's worst nightmare. You did everything right and in the best way humanly possible, but you still could not protect and save the child you loved. I wish your kids much health and that they outlive you by many decades.

>>87107277
Stan and Julie are planning a short Usagi vs Jei story done entirely in Chibi style, with his writing and her drawings. She is actually pretty good.
>>
>>87106971
>remarried
I was hoping he would be okay, but I did not expect that
>>
>>87107538
It cracks me up how Usagi's abyssymal skill at drawing (holy stick figures Batman!) was still enough to summon (God)Zilla to fight for him. The moment when it is revealed what he was working so hard on with that brush contrasted to how proud the end result makes him never fails to make chuckle.
>>
I'm glad all of Usagi is gonna be in print pretty easy to get

I've read a good percent and loved it but i can't recall like anything. it's all one giant tapestry.

i'm a little through Saga Volume 3
>>
>>87107755
>never fails to make chuckle
It's even better thinking about a great artist like Stan trying to decide how he should best draw a bad drawing
>>
>>87106083
I had to apologize to Stan at a con once because someone was passing around a comic to do guest art in and I made it a bit too adult. Stan was apparently horrified when he saw it and I had to whiteout the offending bit and go say I was sorry.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.