[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they think this was a good idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

>>
>>87105009
I have no idea.
>>
>>87105009
>TFW you thought it looked cool and the problem was with how edgy he was during that time
>>
Snyder decided to focus on one-upmanship and perpetually higher / more personal stakes instead of the good character based detective fiction that got him the job in the first place.
>>
File: Jared Leto Joker.png (2MB, 1162x1440px)
Jared Leto Joker.png
2MB, 1162x1440px
ABSOLUTE
>>
>>87105009
Wasn't it Daniels that came up with this in Detective? Nothing in Death of the Family really required him to be faceless from what I remember, Though I guess Snyder being edgy and telling him to do it is equally possible.
>>
>>87105156
But faceoff Joker wasn't his decision.
It started in Detective Comics, and the event crossed over everything Bat related.
So clearly was some executive or group idea.
>>
>>87105156
There's a problem with some writers when theyre given a really a-list character, sort of a Morrison-itis, where they really want to make a permanent mark on the character to the point where the writers creative legacy seems to be a major priority when plotting out a story. Bendis, Snyder and Slott all give me this vibe.
>>
>>87105009

I thought the Death of the Fanily storyline was great.

I'm ready for the hate.
>>
>>87105009
Basically it was a shock value thing at the start of the nu52 Detective Comics and they had zero idea where to go from there. Enter Scott Snyder, the man who was more concerned with leaving his mark on Batman/Joker than making a good story and there you have it. In fact, a lot of Scotts writing lacked commitment. Too many fake outs
>>
>>87105748
>>87105860
It could also be him being stuck writing it.

Do we have confirmation he was the forefront for the event?
>>
>>87105009
He just wanted to be ready to face off with Batman.
>>
>>87105009
originally it was an excuse not to have the joker around so much
>>
File: FMb6W.jpg (178KB, 821x648px)
FMb6W.jpg
178KB, 821x648px
>>87105915
It does sound like something Daniels would come up with really.
>>
Whether you hate Snyder for this or not, you have to admit he was the only good part of it.
I mean it wasn't amazing, but literally all the tie ins were shit on a shingle.

Batgirl put into a wedding dress to marry him, Harley Quinn thrown down a pit proving she was never anything to him, Robin running off to be instantly captured and force-fed bordered pies, and of course the entire TeenTitans team jobbing to Joker's limitless preptime.
>>
>>87105692
>But faceoff Joker wasn't his decision.
I always assumed it was since Snyder is such a horror fan, turning Joker into a Slasher villain seemed like his take after Morrison's Thin White Duke
>>
>>87106097
The Batman & Robin tie in was the only good part of DOTF.
>>
>>87105620
MOMS
>>
Because it was originally a totally new villain, but only the Joker sells books so it had to be the Joker.
>>
>>87106244
>but only the Joker sells books
It's already Batman. They don't have to try too hard
>>
File: paul somebody.png (576KB, 1279x630px)
paul somebody.png
576KB, 1279x630px
>>87105009
Because when we created the the New 52 we didn't want your boring lame daddy's comics dude! We wanted comics full of edge and edginess for cool radical young edgy working-class middle-class people who failed to get into Oxbridge like me!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.