[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What comic book moment no matter how hard you try to justify

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

File: page_1.jpg (247KB, 960x1500px) Image search: [Google]
page_1.jpg
247KB, 960x1500px
What comic book moment no matter how hard you try to justify it in your head pisses you off pic related
>>
Who the fuck tries to "justify" event comics?
Either you liked it or you didn't.
>>
>>87094941
I should clarify i meant the fight with deathstroke and the justice League not the event itself
>>
>>87094827
eh, I thought it was OK, outside of of Kyle deciding to punch him, of all things.

And I guess Plasticman getting taken down off-panel, that's apparently bollocks? I haven't read a lot of Plasticman stories, I think he was part of the league during Morrison's run, which is where I would've seen most of him, and I barely remember him from it.
>>
File: deathstrokejla3.jpg (608KB, 899x1379px) Image search: [Google]
deathstrokejla3.jpg
608KB, 899x1379px
>>87095128
All the ways he takes out the league members are super lazy especially wally
>>
>>87095304

This didn't bother me, especially wally. I don't get why its ok for the Flash to job to *thugs and bank robbers* in his own comic but this guy who is basically a metahuman batman isn't allowed to pull the same stunts?

Honestly I was more annoyed at Deathstroke taking out Atom with a laser pointer. The guy rides lasers and phonelines, its his standard shtick, even if it were a problem the solution would be to grow to microbe size instead of atomic size, not rapidly grow back to full size to get stomped. But thats expecting way too much science from writers, let alone comic book writers.
>>
>>87095304
> "once a kid flash, always a kid flash"

i keked
>>
>>87095706

Deathstroke used to have more trouble out of *robin* than kid flash, it really was kinda sad.
>>
>>87095647
At least batmans contingency plans are cool and elborate
>>
>>87095647
It's the way Meltzer writes it
Stabbing the Flash because Stroke is "quicker where it counts" (a literally impossible feat for a non speedster) versus sending him into a building with a coldbomb where he has to save 20 people and he barely makes it and is knocked out by the bomb or hell even just having deathstroke use a captain cold bazooka or something is baffling. It shows a lack of respect for the characters and the craft of batshit cape fights
>>
File: cjI5Nqg.jpg (99KB, 509x799px) Image search: [Google]
cjI5Nqg.jpg
99KB, 509x799px
>>87095867
The ones in Tower of Babel were, not these stupid suitcases. Particularly the "kryptonite ring".

Superman could end that threat with his heat vision in no time.
>>
>>87095867
I love that Batman is like a packrat with technology from aliens and the future.
>>
>>87096039
Identity Crisis took a huge dump on Flashes in general. Meltzer started the era of Barry making dumb decisions out of loss and retconned all reformed Flash villains into mindrape villains. Both Barry and Wally dedicated their entire careers to reforming & helping enemies and all of it flushed down toilet.

From "Wally's entire career was against dumbass villains we lobotomized, he doesn't understand how ~terrible and gray~ superheroes are" to "Haha look how cheap Flash's Rogues gallery is!!!" and "Wally conveniently doesn't pick up the phone when Tim's father is getting MURDERED", I'm convinced Meltzer just hated Flash for being an optimistic hero.
>>
>>87096187
what happened here?
>>
>>87096291
red Kryptonite
>>
>>87096187
Tower of Babel was retarded
>WW losing to mental manipulation
>Relying on flash phasing a bullet rather than dodging/catching one
>A Green Lantern being vulnerable to post hypnotic suggestion, the ring blinding its user for any non combat evident reason, the ring not being able to see for Kyle
Shit story. Red K was okay but I thought that red was the one that made him murderous?
>>
File: Chuck Austen's X-Men.png (167KB, 298x576px) Image search: [Google]
Chuck Austen's X-Men.png
167KB, 298x576px
You'd think leaving Hama behind would be for the best, but NOOOOO
>>
>>87096348
>>WW losing to mental manipulation
Literally happens all the time, it's why Dr. Psycho is a recurring enemy and her original antagonists were mind controllers and hypnotists.
>>
>>87096291
Red kryptonite
>>
>>87096348
>>A Green Lantern being vulnerable to post hypnotic suggestion,
Yes, as evidenced by Hal Jordan the ring doesn't offer any mental powers.
>the ring blinding its user for any non combat evident reason, the ring not being able to see for Kyle
The ring didn't blind him, but Kyle is an artist, he imagines explicitly visually. Without his sight, he couldn't imagine anything worthwhile.
>>
>>87096371
Not Perez onwards though. Waid prides himself on being a continuity autist but couldn't get that?
>>
>>87096348
This. The WW makes sense but the flash and GL was bullshit writing.

Not to mention " Red Kryptonite is a mineral from the planet Krypton that removes inhibitions from Kryptonians and humans alike making them reckless, evil, and dangerous."
>>
File: welcome to the human race.jpg (2MB, 1280x3912px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to the human race.jpg
2MB, 1280x3912px
>>
>>87096440
>but the flash and GL was bullshit writing.
The vibro-bullet is actually how one of the other flashes was shot.
>>
File: JLA45pg07.jpg (100KB, 592x450px) Image search: [Google]
JLA45pg07.jpg
100KB, 592x450px
>>87096440
It was a red krpytonite specifically created by Batman to overload Superman's solar absorption.

It's very clearly stated in the book.
>>
>>87096348

There's no other way to beat WW other than to play mind tricks on her.
>>
File: OMD.jpg (56KB, 630x405px) Image search: [Google]
OMD.jpg
56KB, 630x405px
How has no one posted this yet?

I vomited even finding this image.
>>
File: 18m3zmekanrsmpng.png (2MB, 636x669px) Image search: [Google]
18m3zmekanrsmpng.png
2MB, 636x669px
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.