[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Negan Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Walking Dead 157 09.jpg (80KB, 379x564px) Image search: [Google]
Walking Dead 157 09.jpg
80KB, 379x564px
What's his endgame? No, seriously, what does he want afterall? He seems chaotic...
>>
File: the-walking-dead.jpg (61KB, 611x458px) Image search: [Google]
the-walking-dead.jpg
61KB, 611x458px
>>87093479
I think thats the whole point he gives less then zero shits and causes people pain for his own amusement
>>
>>87093479
I don't really think he has one. Just sorta makes it up as he goes along. He's sorta Joker-esque in the sense he doesn't really have a master plan but is always out for himself.
>>
No end game.
He's just a crass average douchebag that just lost his wife who was thrown into the Apocalypse and ended up becoming the Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla.
>>
>>87093548
>>87093564
>>87093893
Well, I get what you're saying but why is he (apparently)helping Rick? He just wanna kill Rick and become the new king of Alexandria? He wanna join them and become once again a leadership inside the group? How much of his speech to Alpha can we take as true?
>>
>>87093479
>chaotic
He's Lawful Evil
>>
>>87093479

His agenda has changed a lot over the years. Initially, it was just being King Fuck of Shit Mountain, but now it's anyone's guess. I want to think that he has legitimately changed, grown and become a better person. That speech that he gave to Alpha really makes it seem like there's still a person inside of him, and if there really is, I think his end game might be to lead with Rick, save himself and help the other people at the same time.

Let's see if it plays out that way, though.
>>
>>87094679
He's smart enough to know the whisperers will lose. he wants to join the winning team. also he missed his waifu rip ;_;
>>
>>87095916
How can he know they're gonna loose?
Inb4: They're not the main character group.
>>
>>87096105
the only thing the whisperers have going for them are their numbers. The Alexandrians have more guns.

Also, Negan is against rape, and when he was at the whisperer camp he witnessed an attempted rape. That might've turned him off from working with them.
>>
>>87096105

Because they don't believe in anything. There are no core principles bringing them together, and they don't have a leader. They're basically just a loose assortment of guerilla fighters who are hoping that their zombie cover will ensure victory.

Hell, they don't even have an end game in mind. All they want is revenge.
>>
I think this comic should have ended years ago, but I know it is Kirkiman's golden mine, and with the TV serie...
>>
Oddly enough, I was just thinking about this this morning.

About a week ago, I re-read the entire series up to the latest issue (I had the flu and was in bed for days).

Remember the end of All Out War, when Rick lectures him; it finally gets through and Negan sees that he fucked things up by doing things the way that he did. I think he was actually being sincere, based on the art.

But then Rick cuts him down and he spends a few years in jail.

Negan knows he's good at what he does because he doesn't give a fuck; but in his mind, he sees himself as the good guy who is willing to get his hands dirty and make the hard choices. He's a far more interesting character than the Governor ever was.

His endgame, though? That's hard to say. As he has said that he is basically dead inside, Rick was the one that shook him to the core...basically make him feel again.

>inb4 he has a mancrush on Rick.
>>
>>87097331
From what I heard there is still 200 more issues planned to milk from the cash cow.
>>
>>87099601
where is my Negan-Rick shipping rule34
>>
>>87093479
>chaotic

No.

>>87094709
>Lawful Evil

Correct.

Negan's endgame is, get this, the survival of the human species.
>>
>>87094679
Because working with Rick's group is the best shot at having a proper civilization in this world.

Notice he never goes ballistic during the course of the series. Even when he lets himself go and kills or maims somebody, it's for a particular reason, which boils down to the survival and prosperity of his group. In the climax of the All-Out War, he realizes that fighting Rick's group goes against it.
>>
>>87093479
did you miss the end of All Out War where Negan realizes Rick is right and they can do things differently and start rebuilding civilization?

Rick was right and Negan knows this.
>>
>>87101310
That'll drop off sharply when the show is cancelled. This season has to reverse the slight decline last season had on the one before, or by the end of it they could be back on S2/3 figures.

It's had a good run, but that's also a problem: if you want these actors to keep dressing up in the same old shit year after year you have to pay them more and it has to reflect their worth to your company, or they're just not going to re-sign at some point and then you've got a full-blown renegotiation on your hands.

I'm sure they're managing that as well as they can but after 6 years it's inevitable there's going to be both audience fatigue and restless feet in the cast.

Without the show, the comic isn't likely to sell anything like as much, and though it's made a lot of money for Image and Kirkman, it's not going to be forever as a labor of love. Kirkman still fancies himself as more than a one-trick pony (even though the last time he shopped Invincible around it tanked like a motherfucker) and will eventually have to move on if the show turns to shit ratings-wise, for the sake of his reputation. Image, of course, has no ability to continue the comic without his blessing, though we can imagine a deal where he just kind of waves stuff through like a shittier, less-competent George Lucas and The Walking Dead shambles on indefinitely.

That in turn would only be likely if Kirkman could make a career as an ideas man, which doesn't seem to be happening.
>>
>>87099601

I wouldn't say that he has a crush on Rick, but I think he is coming towards a point of admiration. A desire to actually contribute and help civilization get a foothold again, instead of just feeding off the carcass of a dead culture.

Negan is kind of a synecdoche for the entire story. He was a dead thing, just shambling around, merely mimicking life. And now he's making an active effort to actually live again.
>>
File: Shit's on fire, yo.jpg (229KB, 688x561px) Image search: [Google]
Shit's on fire, yo.jpg
229KB, 688x561px
>>87093479
His not completely chaotic. Despite initially coming off as bloodthirsty psychopath, Negan has a particular code that he lives by. As horrifying as it was to many people, the way he ruled through fear was very effective, and there are even characters that come to admit this later on. Hell, Rick even ends up using his advice to make his own people afraid of The Whisperers, so they'd be more inclined to kill them. I think I'm drifting slightly off topic though.

In terms of his endgame, I'm thinking he genuinely just wants a chance at redeeming himself and earning a place as a leader under Rick's command. At the end of the All Out War arc, Rick seemed to have made him realize that he could have been rebuilding civilization instead of just going around harassing communities.

Now, I think he just wants to go down in the history of Rick's "New World Order" as one of the founding fathers that rebuilt civilization, and hopefully not be remembered as that psycho bandit that bashed peoples brains with a baseball bat.

Of course, I could be horribly wrong and Kirkman can take a sharp turn in much more violent and shocking direction like he is wont to do.
>>
>>87097331
Nah, man, fuck that. Kirkman keeps finding ways to make the comic entertaining, so I say let him run it as long as he wants. Shit, I didn't think he could do much with the comics after the All Out War arc, but I'm thoroughly enjoying all the new shit with The Whisperers. Plus, Rick is practically President now and it's pretty interesting to see how handles rebuilding the world while keeping the communities from falling apart.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.