[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular Opinion Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 530
Thread images: 58

File: Comin at ya.jpg (29KB, 284x253px) Image search: [Google]
Comin at ya.jpg
29KB, 284x253px
LET'S RUMBLE
>>
File: weaintevergonmakeit.png (232KB, 612x422px) Image search: [Google]
weaintevergonmakeit.png
232KB, 612x422px
We might actually make it
>>
>Frank Miller is a better artist now than he's ever been
>Invincible is the best cape book currently being published
>Black Mask is the most promising publisher out there today
>Young Liars was the last truly great Vertigo series, and was honestly one of the best comics of the new millennium
>The best Simpsons season was 8
>Casanova is the only good book Matt Fraction has ever written
>The Invisibles is better than The Sandman
>Bendis and Maleev's Daredevil run is better than Miller's
>Edgy Mark Millar is infinitely more fun than bland pitch-machine Mark Millar
>The first few seasons of Smallville were better than any modern CW cape show
>Big Wheel is awesome and should have his own book
>He could just roll around crushing shit
>It'd be sweet
>>
File: 1475512608028.gif (30KB, 442x341px) Image search: [Google]
1475512608028.gif
30KB, 442x341px
>Dan Slott isn't the WORST writer on ASM, he's fun; but he doesn't deliver the story I crave
>I like Peter as a rich guy, I just wish his intellect was used more
>MJxPeter was a great marriage; but I don't want to see it again
>Aquaman is retarded; but I wanna fuck Mera
>Doom Patrol is too confusing for me; I'm only buying it up to Issue #10 so my collection looks nice
>>
File: Yukon FUCKING Cornelius.jpg (22KB, 369x336px) Image search: [Google]
Yukon FUCKING Cornelius.jpg
22KB, 369x336px
>The original Crossed mini is a legitimately great horror comic
>Umbrella Academy v2 is better than anything else Gerard Way has written since
>Morrison's Bat-Epic was the best Batman story in the last 25 years
>Starman sucks and so does James Robinson
>The Walking Dead is still fun
>Daniel Clowes is way overhyped by normies
>Nobody writes better dialogue than Azzarello
>Preacher and The Boys are both better than Hitman
>Brubaker's best book was Sleeper
>Ghost Rider peaked in the 70s
>Superman: Birthright is the GOAT Supes origin story
>>
Steven Universe is good
>>
>>86981113
>MJxPeter was a great marriage, but I don't want to see it again

Do you think Peter should be eternally single? Not judging, just curious
>>
>the vast majority of opinions in "unpopular opinion" threads are actually wide spread and posters are just whinny and socially isolated.
>>
>>86980998
I don't like Marvel or DC comics
>>
It's fine to like superhero comic books because they're enjoyable but 99% of them have no literary metit, they might as well be the mystery/romance novels you can buy in airports.
>>
>>86981404
agreed
>>
Cartoon fags are way worse than comic fags.
>>
>Moonknight and Punisher are the best things marvel has created
>Thor 1&2 weren't that bad
>Scarlett Which looks better in street clothes than she would in that ridiculous costume
>DDS2 was great
>>
File: 1466638724306.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1466638724306.gif
2MB, 250x250px
Comics are not inherently better than the cartoons or live action media adapted from them just because they came first.

Sidenote, the majority of comics fucking suck.
>>
File: Stupid Sexy Judy.jpg (454KB, 1260x900px) Image search: [Google]
Stupid Sexy Judy.jpg
454KB, 1260x900px
I wanna fuck the rabbit.
>>
File: DISGUST.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DISGUST.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>86981565
>>
Cartoons are a stagnated medium. And it sickens me that dumb 20 somethings eat it up because it's the only thing available to them. Also /co/ is in fact tumblr and it has been for over 4 years already. I say this as a /co/mrade (not that you idiots know what that is) since 2010.
>>
>>86981562
Majority of all media sucks
>>
Cartoon threads are filled with autistic manchildren waifu faggots with no self-control. They keep fucking making waifu threads and most cartoon threads that don't start as one eventually devolves into a waifu circlejerk.
I used to to think people who wanted a comic and cartoon split were stupid as hell, but it's the only way to save comic threads without them being drowned out with waifus from mediocre cartoons with zero substance.
I also believe that most comic waifu threads are made by cartoon anons who are too fucking stupid to read anything that isn't Gwenpool.
>>
>>86981827

That's because it's all run by Jews. Let the Japs run things instead. Trade one J for another J.
>>
>>86981898

>are filled with autistic manchildren waifu faggots with no self-control

That's every board on 4chan. Also I wish for the split to fuck up the cartoon side even more. could you imagine if they allowed ponies and generals to come back if cartoons became it's own board? The shitposting would be glorious.
>>
>>86981562
A lot of the time the live action is better than the comic (see: every Millar adaptation ever).
>>
>>86980998
Champions was decent, and the #Finallywoke obsession /co/ has is really weird.
>>
>>86981565
I wanna watch fox fuck the rabbit
>>
File: parallax hal.jpg (72KB, 336x627px) Image search: [Google]
parallax hal.jpg
72KB, 336x627px
Hal Jordan becoming Parallax was the most interesting thing to happen to the character and should have lasted much longer, or even possibly become the status quo.
>>
>>86981983

>A lot of the time the live action is better than the comic

But those shitty Netflix series and everything on the CW is utterly terrible and appeals to mentally retarded females aka normal females.
>>
Star vs. the Forces of Evil is a terrible show. I don't understand why it doesn't get the same amount of hate as some other shows on here, when it's objectively worse than a number of them.
>>
>>86982351
No one cares for it since it isn't accessible like other cartoons. Gravity Falls was the only exception.
>>
>>86982351

The main character is waifubait. That's literally it.
>>
>>86982478
Marco is also trap bait.
Those faggots have less control than the Star waifu faggots.
>>
>>86980998
>Red Son falls apart after the timeskip
>Out of all the Inhumans, Black Bolt, Maximus and Karnak are the only ones I find remotley interesting
>Way's Doom Patrol lost me on the first issue with its 'weirdness' that is just inchorenet and confusing.
>B.R.P.D is one off the weakest Mignolaverse books
>>
Pickle and Peanut is actually a pretty good show.

The multi-dimension channel episodes from Rick and Morty were super lame.

The original Teen Titans was 5/10 at best. It's only remembered because it had a pseudo anime style to it and weaboos eat that up/
>>
The way men and boys are portrayed in cartoons is perfectly fine. If women want perfect ideal characters to represent women so be it. At the end of the day male characters will embody fun and foolshiness while women embody rigidity and plainness.
>>
File: best lantern.jpg (296KB, 660x1024px) Image search: [Google]
best lantern.jpg
296KB, 660x1024px
Guy is best lantern
>>
The Loud House is insanely good and up there with the best cartoon shows of all time.

It is however true that as a whole /co/ media is in dire straits of creative bankruptcy and SJW cancer. The lack of talent and effort is very noticeable, ranging from writing to animation to art. Sometimes I feel that the glory days are truly over and that we will never recover.

I hate live action and don't watch any of the capeshit movies. Live action is an inferior medium compared to animation and comics.

I stopped reading comics a long while ago because they're vastly inferior to manga and nothing that happens in them matters in the end. There are loli doujins with better art, storylines and emotional impact than anything Marvel, DC or overhyped celebrity writers shit out. The whole medium is that bad.

Adventure Time was the beginning of the end and I hated it from the start.

Reboots, sequels and so on are pure cancer and it ties in with the above mentioned.
>>
File: u dumbass.png (171KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
u dumbass.png
171KB, 400x400px
>>86982815
>thinking big two capeshit is representative of all comics
>>
>>86980998
Isn't that quote from Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension?
>>
File: 1471732622641.png (57KB, 281x355px) Image search: [Google]
1471732622641.png
57KB, 281x355px
>>86981898
I gotta agree with the waifu shitstorm

>Loud House threads are worse then /sug/ simply because it's nothing but people talking about incest even before the show came out

>there's nothing wrong with Boco, just his opinions

>/co/ is incredibly pretentious. They'll go on about how much they love cartoons and hope it does better in the west and voice their hate for shit but will never put in the time and effort to actually help western cartoons grow

>The only reason "doujinshis" in america never do well like one's in japan is because people always complain about having to pay for fap material, obtain the comic in some way and then proceed to spread the comic everywhere to the point that the creator can't even make a dime off his work and then have the audacity to bitch that western hentais don't get the love they deserve and how hard life is to find good fap comics

>the sleepy cabin guys are Egoraptor 2.0. Never understood why /co/ sucked their dick for as long as they did. at least Ego animated simply for Voice Acting reasons
>>
Infinite Crisis is the best event either of the Big Two have ever done.
>>
>>86982993
It dunks all over shit like Siege, Secret Invasion, Flashpoint, and Identity Crisis, but do you really think it's better than Final Crisis?

Personally, I'd rank the three best Big Two events as the three Crises, in reverse chronological order
>>
>>86983032
I remember Infinite Crisis, I dunno, 'resonating' with me more than Final Crisis did. I can agree with you that the three Crises were all fantastic.
>>
>>86981324
>Daniel Clowes is way overhyped by normies

How? Normies generally don't know artists names, maybe publishers I guess like Fanta if that. Like yes ghost world but do normies even bring up Clowes for any of his other works?
>>
>>86982883

No need to get uppity mister smartypants. It's clear what I was refering to. Context.
>>
File: sad carol.png (242KB, 339x576px) Image search: [Google]
sad carol.png
242KB, 339x576px
>>86981367
I dont wanna see him single, just wanna see a new marriage happen
Like I'm down for him marrying a normal girl, but i'm even more down for him to marry a super-heroine
>Carol x Peter almost happened
>Peter x Jess kinda; I dont wanna see "My wife's son" jokes though
>>
ATLA went downhill after Toph was introduced
>>
Dick is shit and his fans are the worst characterfags of /co/.
Kyle Rayner is alright. I'll never understand all the hate he gets here.
Batman's rogues are better characters than his allies. Alfred is the only one who can compete.

>>86982728
This
>>
>>86983113
I've heard a lot of shit from hipsters in my town about Patience and how it's "like, a real literary comic, you know? Like Maus?"

I've got nothing against the Clowes-meister, but I've run into a bizarre amount of people who can name him, Spiegelman, and Alan Moore only. Maybe it's an isolated thing.
>>
>>86980998
Cleopatra was one of the better R&B bands of the '90s, and they should have gotten a tv show.

There are too many things that are "unofficially /co/-related", and the board needs to pick and choose what flies and what doesn't instead of harboring shit that the other boards don't want.

Duane Capizzi is underrated.

Adelaide Productions was one of the workhorse animation studios of the 90s, as much as I hate to admit it.
>>
In no real order:

>/co/ should really cut back on the buzzwords.
>I think Mr. Enter is actually pretty decent as far as cartoon reviewers go.
>Waifu-fags are the worst, and one of the major reasons this board's been going down the toilet as of late.
>I don't like either of them, but it's better to be a SJW than to be a /pol/lack, if only because SJWs at least start off well intentioned.
>If it weren't for the odd OC threads, I probably wouldn't even bother with /co/ at all.
>>
>>86983152
>Peter x Jess kinda; I dont wanna see "My wife's son" jokes though
That's actually reason #2 why I want to see it happen, with #1 being whether or not Peter can still get on Jessica's case for gimmick infringement.
>>
Avatar the Last Airbender Seasons: 2>1>3

Also the beach episode was the worst episode in the series.
>>
>>86980998
>Clone High is just ok, and the theme song is quite catchy. It's also nowhere near the hidden gem people make it out to be.
>>
>>86983232
Ah yeah I think the problem is the same thing with Fanta, they have some good ones but suddenly D&Q, Top Shelf, Dark Horse, Vertigo, Pantheon, and Norton don't exist.
>>
Apart from season 1 of Daredevil the Netflix shows have all completely fallen apart in their second half. Jessica Jones was twice as long as it should have been and I lost all interest in Cage after Cotton Mouth died
>>
>>86983457
True. The idea of it is funnier than the actual show
>>
>>86983369
>Also the beach episode was the worst episode in the series.

THIS
>>
I like breadwinners.
>>
>>86983470
Fanta tries hard to cultivate this sophisticated hipster aesthetic that comes off as super pretentious...they want to be compared to McSweeny's, not gutter trash "comic books."
>>
>>86980998

coco's bizarre adventure is good if only for the stand designs
>>
If a comic features an attractive female protagonist, I will buy it no matter what.

Even if its bad, the fact that it features a woman is enough for me
>>
>>86983518
Which sucks, they've got work from Gilbert Hernandez, Jason, and Charles Burns but a whole fucking metric fuck ton of "it sucks being a middle class white suburban kid"
>>
>>86983579
You need to get laid, son.
>>
>>86983579
You poor, thirsty soul.
>>
I always thought these opinion threads were super weird. A lot of unpopular opinions, are popular on /co/, and vice versa.

These threads should be renamed unpopular opinions on /co/
>>
>>86982333
I don't think anyone disagrees with that. It's just that his comeback was handled competently enough that most readers said "Eh, okay."
>>
File: inverted horse riding.jpg (91KB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
inverted horse riding.jpg
91KB, 700x392px
I don't understand why people still freak out over reaction images from the containment board. I mean it's been 6 years, you think they'd have let it go.
>>
I prefer Inhumans over mutants as the go to power generator since so far the Inhumans haven't absorbed in of the outside characters into their books the way the X-men tend to do. Plus no obligatory story elements like how all mutants have to be hated. Characters can get Inhuman powers and never address being Inhuman ever again.
>>
>>86983700
It's because Barney is a shit show, that's why.
>>
I don't read cape and think that both big two suck.

also I don't think the hard back Hellboy collection is the tightest shit
>>
>>86981565
> implying
>>
File: 1468253597525.png (883KB, 732x897px) Image search: [Google]
1468253597525.png
883KB, 732x897px
>>86980998

alright, gotta get this off my chest.

>The Lion King does nothing for me. Save for Timon and Pumba, nothing in that movie elicits much of a response from me at all. Not even Mufasa's death.

>Jessica Jones was pretty great and I want to see more.

>Tumblr, and by extension "SJW" is not ruining comics or cartoons and we should all just chill the fuck out about it. At the very least, it would be nice to browse /co/ for one day without seeing somebody losing their shit over somebody trying to make a point about tampons.
Seriously. Nobody's going to bust into your house and stop you writing your own DOOM comic, nor is anybody going to literally crucify you for making a cartoon about a guy in a monster truck who has sex with loads of women so just chill your bitch ass tits and enjoy what you enjoy.

god fucking damnit I've needed to vent about that last one for a while.
>>
>>86981375
Then why are you even here?
>>
File: 1476495522293.jpg (502KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1476495522293.jpg
502KB, 900x1200px
>>86983343
>Peter can still get on Jessica's case for gimmick infringement.
That'd be so fucking cute; plus Jess' kid would have a great father figure
>>
File: 960.jpg (118KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
118KB, 960x540px
>>86980998
Lumberjanes is pretty darn good.
I went in epecting another Ratqueen and was pleasently suprised.
>>
>>86983826
>The Lion King does nothing for me. Save for Timon and Pumba, nothing in that movie elicits much of a response from me at all. Not even Mufasa's death.
I completely agree. Maybe it's because I'm not a huge fan of lions. I just never found it that sad.

>nor is anybody going to literally crucify you for making a cartoon about a guy in a monster truck who has sex with loads of women
Literally crucify? No.
Socially ostracize? Probably.

Don't you remember the hubbub about the X-men ad promoting violence about women? While SJW's aren't as widespread as /pol/ claims, they are there, probably a little more than you think.
>>
>>86983927
I had liked her previous work, but Lumberjanes didn't really draw me in at first. I'll give it a second look.
>>
I swear I'm going to start writing these things down when I think of them because I never have an answer when these threads roll around.
>>
Gravity Falls is just a worse Mystery Incorporated.
>>
>>86982516
Red Son is overrated as fuck. It shouldn't have gone so far into the future.
>>
I have no problem with general threads, they contain the cancer and aren't hurting anybody
>>
I didn't really like Unbreakable.
>>
>>86983838
Hey man it's just cape here

I would have never read arsène schrauwen if it wasn't for this place, good story times pop up a lot.

Also thank you Dan
>>
>>86981369
Most of this thread seems to avoid that.
>>
>>86983940

>Don't you remember the hubbub about the X-men ad promoting violence about women?

No, that one must have passed me by, could you fill me in, also going to need some context here about the whole "promoting violence about women?" thing, because that sounds like it'd be kinda justified.

Also, ostracised, yes. But I'd argue that practically goes with the territory, and /co/ really doesn't like the kind of stuff these tumblr types seem to really like, so it seems to me that you're never going to please everybody anyway.
>>
>>86981911
Anime sucks too.
>>
Bad way to do diversity: How Marvel does it now
Good way to do diversity: DC's legacy heroes circa late 90s.
>>
Gwenpool is the best book being published right now.
>>
>>86982292
>Champions was decent
No certain aspects of it were decent mostly that they kept there promise of the sort of things it would be about.
>the #Finallywoke obsession /co/ has is really weird.
Agreeded you can't blame waid for a tweet that was auctualy sent to him (you can blame him for that godawful page in general though)
>>
>>86982478
But star herself is why the show is as so shit.

She is insufferable how do you waifu that.
>>
Teen Titans Go is hilarious.
>>
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was the best comic book movie in years.
>>
>>86983617
>>86983603
but I am gay
>>
File: PLEASED.png (58KB, 198x193px) Image search: [Google]
PLEASED.png
58KB, 198x193px
>>86984358
I knew there had to be somebody else!
>>
All the capeshit TV shows are mostly fucking trash with the occasional good scene most episodes. Half of the flash is just rejected CSI scripts with super hero stuff thrown in as filler and the other half is the writers retconning their own shit.
>>
>>86984170
The hubbub was because of an ad that had the Apocalypse holding Mystique in a sort of Darth Vader choke. People didn't care, until a group of SJW's thought this ad was inappropriate.
>>
>>86984361
I'm going to have to hit the lab to come up with an appropriate insult
>>
>>86982516
>Way's Doom Patrol lost me on the first issue with its 'weirdness' that is just inchorenet and confusing.
That's not an unpopular opinion most people decided they would give it a few more issues to improve but it was near universily agreed that it was wierd for the sake of wierd.
>>
>>86984397
There are dozens of us! Dozens!
>>
I liked new52 Constantine
Sure it didn't have the spectacular awesomeness of the original Hellblazer but it's hard to compete with that many moments of awesome with such a short run compared to the bazillion issues of Hellblazer
>>
>>86980998
Hmmmmmmm...
>Comics
>I love Ronin's story and characters, but the art hurts my eyes.
>Fuck Lois, Lana, and Wonder Woman. Superman needs a love interest who'll actually appreciate him.
>Speaking of Wondy, she needs a cape.
>Speaking of design choices, Aquaman's suit is too garish. I'm not sure how to fix it without extreme changes though.
>Fables is god-tier except for the fact that the Adversary's defeat was way too anticlimactic.
>Team Fortress 2 comics are legit the funniest I've ever read.

>Toons
>Finn and Jake are annoying as hell. Finn is autistic, and Jake is one of DiMaggio's worst VA jobs.
>Finding Nemo was boring . Dory and Willem Defoe Fish were the only entertaining characters.
>We need more cynical, streetwise heroes in western cartoons. Enough of the pure, innocent "cinnamon roll" man-child trope already.
>>
>>86984549
In general it was pretty trash but i auctualy really liked the bit where he beat darkseid
>>
File: 1396636243134.jpg (49KB, 422x250px) Image search: [Google]
1396636243134.jpg
49KB, 422x250px
>>86982333
The only good thing about Parallax is that it lead to Spectre Hal
>>
>>86981898
I really hate faggots like this guy. I'm not going to pretend that waifufags aren't cancer, but the twats on the opposite end of the spectrum are just as annoying and cancerous. In the same way waifufags use waifus to endlessly circlejerk over a cartoon, you've got the faggots who use waifus as an excuse to claim something is shit without any actual evidence or argument. A thread could be full of people trying to have legitimate discussion over it, but as long as there's one female character then you assuredly have some bitter autist coming in to declare that it's shit and /co/ only likes it because it has waifus because god forbid anyone legitimately like something that they don't.
>>
Comic's are the only good thing left that hasn't been fucked over by SJWs or incompetent executives.
>>
All cartoon reviewers sucking ass. I don't care if you like mr enter or despise rebeltaxi in the end all of their opinions are the same. Example;

>steven universe is our saving grace
>teen titans go should get cancelled and the people who work there should kill themselves
>there's no action shows
>i don't care about ben 10 it sucks
>nuPPG isn't like their old self same way with TTG.
>clone high is a underrated show, and the critic too.
>>
>>86984856
Shut the fuck up Boco
>>
File: 1340442670545.png (134KB, 660x738px) Image search: [Google]
1340442670545.png
134KB, 660x738px
I unironically liked All Star Batman and Robin

Iron Man 1 wasn't all that

X-Men Legends 2 > Ultimate Alliance

Death and Return of Superman is the definitive best arc of the character

This hamfisted diversifying Marvel is doing was annoying as hell at first but now I'm kinda digging the new characters

Crisis on Infinite Earths is still DCs best event

Thanos would wash Darkseid in a fight
>>
>>86980998
DC is far better than Marvel
>>
>>86984856
Boco, this is an unpopular opinions thread, not a blatant lie thread.
>>
>>86980998
I like Duke
>>
>>86984947
>unpopular opinions
try again
>>
>>86984794
Mighty Magisword is the worst example of waifubaiting. I mean I wanna like the show, I don't care about the female characters having big asses or titties. I just want to see a good sibling team in a funny fantasy show.
>>
>>86984925

Yes sir...
>>
File: 1475541060640.jpg (47KB, 552x370px) Image search: [Google]
1475541060640.jpg
47KB, 552x370px
>>86983731
>being a Barneyfag after six years
>>
Forcing MLP off of /co/ in 2011 started the slow descent into bitterness and infighting that is so common on /co/ these days.
>>
>>86984941
>Iron Man 1 wasn't all that
Alright anon I have to ask, are you saying that while keeping in mind what it was like at the time, or are you reflecting on it from a modern point of view?

Because I can understand not thinking it's all that now that we have such an influx of superhero movies that took influence from it. But for the time period it was awesome seeing a cape movie that did so much right while still feeling drastically different from Raimi's Spider-man movies.
>>
>>86985018
MLP and Homestuck destroyed /co/ though. The Floating City was already in discord of the waves of moviefags and they just finished it off
>>
>>86985042
I'm talking about from day one. I never found it particularity gripping or entertaining, the best parts of the movie were RDJ's performance and Nick Fury's cameo.
>>
/co/ doesn't actually like or want more adult-oriented western cartoons, they like and want more action cartoons aimed at kids and teenagers like they do in Japan (but they can't be too violent because that's edgy).
>>
File: 1401587505135.jpg (45KB, 368x329px) Image search: [Google]
1401587505135.jpg
45KB, 368x329px
>>86985080
Fair enough I suppose
>>
>>86985054
Not really. Forcing MLP off of /co/ created a precedent that if you don't like show x you can with enough bitching and false flagging force all discussion about it off of /co/, which has happened numerous times since then.

Best part is that this kind of behaviour is 100% sanctioned by mods and janitors.
>>
>>86985054
Honestly, movie and live action shit killed it harder. mlp was awful for all of 4chan and so was homostuck but Movie fags were just uncontainable. It was and still is a bunch of casuals coming from other chans on to here because they liked the most mediocre blockbuster and treating it like it was the worst or best thing on earth. In reality it was just okay. And that's fine but making a big deal out of what on an actual scale would be a 7/10, is pathetic.

I just want to talk about comics and cartoons. Not comics, cartoons, political bullshit, and live action shit.
>>
>>86985096
This.
>>
>>86984170
>Also, ostracised, yes. But I'd argue that practically goes with the territory
SJW have much more weight in the real world atm, especially in the media. So you might get welcomed on /co/, but ostracized or even blacklisted in the real world. Which is kind of a real threat.

That's why we won't get comics about macho Caucasian playboys or sexy ladies in skimpy costumes anytime soon, nor would we be able to create them without serious real life repercussions.
>>
>>86985123
No. mlp was forced off of everything because it was on EVERY BOARD. EVERY. FUCKING. BOARD. Do you not remember how insane mlp got when it was popular? It invaded everything. The mods did what they did because it was killing 4chan.
>>
>>86985123
I feel like people often forget just how bad the MLP situation was. Despite what people like to claim, there's been no fanbase even close to comparable since then.
>>
South Park season 20 is the least favorite one. Even the anti-sjws found it disappointing.
>>
>>86985189
But it's not even half over
>>
File: IMG_4096.jpg (38KB, 412x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4096.jpg
38KB, 412x405px
Age of Ultron isn't as bad as /co/ says it is.

Yes, the Natasha/Bruce romance was forced and totally fucking pointless.
Yes, there were too many quips, thanks Joss!
Yes, they should've stuck with Ultron's original design and his teeth were fucking retarded.
Yes, the flying trailer was a bit silly.
Yes, the movie is fucking bloated.

HOWEVER, the action holds up, that quality MCU fight choreography is there, it tells an interesting story and a good chunk of the movie is dedicated to the super heroes being super heroes and saving people, which you don't see a lot of these days.

This is a movie that could've been saved in editing. Trim the fat and this could've been the Avengers sequel we were all hoping for.
>>
>>86980998
Watchmen is fedora shit and the britbong invasion ultimately made comics worse. None of those guys can really write and their work pales in comparison to top tier manga or yuro shit or even a few Americans like Frank Miller or Howard Chaykin or Carl Barks or Don Rosa, all of which were just vastly superior storytellers.
>>
File: 1476466719714.png (925KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476466719714.png
925KB, 1280x720px
>>86980998
Fujoshits ruined the board and are the ones that give us the /co/mblr image, with their tumblr view of things.
>>
adult oriented cartoons are always shit
>>
File: ballbuster trixie.jpg (43KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
ballbuster trixie.jpg
43KB, 720x544px
The Loud House is the best cartoon this year by a wide margin. Luna is best girl.

Comics are boring as shit and their fans are a cancer to this board.

Mighty Magiswords is okay, not anything great, but I think most of the hate for it comes from that autist who got told off by Kyle and started whining on deviantart and here. It's at least more watchable than TTG or SU.

Speaking of SU, those have to be the ugliest character designs I've ever seen in a cartoon. It's so disgusting when people post them in cheesecake threads, sorry but there is nothing you can do to make them look passable. That shit makes me want to puke.

South Park is the "I'M TOO SMART TO VOTE FOR EITHER CANDIDATE WE'RE FUCKED EITHER WAY XDDD" of political views and its schtick wore out two Presidential elections ago.
>>
Disney movies since they abandoned traditional, hand-drawn animation has have been shit and that Frozen is as popular as it is despite being a mediocre movie at best is a fucking travesty.

I think I actually kind of dislike the tumblr audience that actually likes modern Disney movies.

Aquaman is a good character that has potential to be a great one. They've been doing better recently but the "lol Aquaman sux" bullshit has NEVER been true.

Mera is also one of the best female characters DC has.

Wonder Woman similarly has a lot of potential, but people mostly only know her as a female icon. Also instead of writing her as an Amazonian warrior who WILL kill you, they should fuck off with that and write her as a loving pacifist who always tries to solve conflict through non-violent means and negotiation. She should only have to fight when absolutely necessary, mostly while she's on the Justice League. While on the JL, she should play the role of a negotiator. She should also be even more averse to killing than even Superman. Seriously, the whole, "Wonder Woman totally kills!" nonsense should fuck right off. It's NEVER made complete sense for her character.

The DC universe is overall more interesting and cool than the Marvel universe.

I love Western cartoons but the medium as a whole is inferior to anime.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161015-173355.png (6KB, 301x64px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161015-173355.png
6KB, 301x64px
Couldn't post it because the system hates me.
>>
>>86985189

It might improve, but they are going way overboard with the serialization.
>>
>>86985254

huh i always assumed Carl Barks and Don Rosa were European bc Americans don't care about disney comics
>>
>>86980998
80s indie comics were 1000000x better than indie comics since.
>>
File: FlashThompsonVenom_Rooth.jpg (332KB, 540x701px) Image search: [Google]
FlashThompsonVenom_Rooth.jpg
332KB, 540x701px
I'm pretty liberal and completely agree with the so-called "SJW" on a lot of their social points. But when it comes to comics or vidya I find myself forced to take the opposite side all the time because in these fandoms they seem to focus on being offended by every insignificant detail, forcing inane Tumblr memes into writing, and trying to cover up every fictional woman because sexy designs are the devil apparently.
>>
File: Blue_Beetle_9_7.jpg (451KB, 1280x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Beetle_9_7.jpg
451KB, 1280x1400px
street level heroes should stick to street level problems. Spiderman shouldn't be fighting Thanos and Batman shouldn't be giving a right hook to Darkseid. Popularity has ruined a lot of characters but it has brought some to light that wouldn't exist past their debut.
>>
>>86985154
>>86985163
All I hear is lame excuses and the stench of 5-year old butthurt. MLP discussion on /co/ never affected the board itself outside of janitors going full retard and trying to ban discussion of a cartoon on a cartoon board without any kind of heads up which naturally led to backlash.

Or are you conveniently forgetting that /mlpg/ successfully self-moderated itself for over a year, having only one thread up at any given time, before /mlp/ was created?
>>
>>86985312
4chan has filters for the Ocho. Its not you.
>>
>>86985287
>I've only been on /co/ for a year so I know everything
Okay. tumblr posts are just false flagging. No one who drinks the tumblr coolaid actually comes on 4chan. Gay shit has always been on the board.
>>
>>86985189
The only episode I liked so far was the third episode.
The first episode is decent.
Episode 2 and 4 were boring garbage. Absolutely not necessary to have those episodes. If they need filler, just make them like the old SP episodes.
>>
>>86985356
>No one who drinks the tumblr coolaid actually comes on 4chan.
Why can't they? It's not like anything can stop them frm doing it
>>
>>86985341
It also had people posting mlp on almost every thread at any given time. It spilled and slushed everywhere on the entire site. you only forget that because you like /mlp/ that fandom was cancer. It needed to be excised.
>>
>>86985245
AoU was the type of movie that I liked enough to be angry that it wasn't better. There were so many clear things that could have been done to make it a much better movie and it drives me crazy that it turned out like it did. At the same time I could never bring myself to actually dislike it because it still managed to deliver in a lot of ways.
>>
>>86984358
GTFO
>>
>>86984234

Agreed. Anime has quantity over quality but cartoons have neither.
>>
>>86985404
They don't like it and have preconceived notions of it. I know a few people who drink the coolaid a little too hard. Whenever I talked about 4chan they acted like I was practically a neonazi. A mixed blessing honestly. I mean for the most part I like them until they start talking about gender politics. So I don't want people who honestly believe that coming here. At the same time, this basically means it's ironic shitposting which honestly isn't better.
>>
>>86980998
Licensed comics and crossovers are generally higher quality than other types of comics overall.
>>
>>86985312
I tried visiting the other day and stopped at the catalog, it just looked to be the same tedious shit about Steven Universe and Batman.
>>
>>86985341
Getting a fucking rule made to ban you from posting anything relating to a show anywhere but a containment board doesn't happen due to people disliking something or being butthurt, it happens due to a fanbase massively overstepping its bounds. The fanbase has always been well-known for excessively living up to the phrase "give an inch and take a mile" and that's why no one wants to even give them a chance anymore.
>>
Female characters should look sexy (unless they're a monster, very old, or supposed to be ugly). Just sexy in different, diverse ways. They shouldn't all have sameface, samebody, skimpy outfits, and giant breasts. But they all should look sexy.

Male characters should look sexy too (unless they're a monster, very old, or supposed to be ugly).
>>
I like the legends of korra. It's not the best but not the worst as this board like to promote like it's the WWII. And the handholding scene doesn't bother me, so fight me.
>>
>>86985506

Wasn't it mostly /b/ that spammed it everywhere?
>>
>>86985510
So what you're saying is that a character's appearance should be fit to be as appealing as possible in the context of their story, role, and setting? Because that sounds like crazy talk.
>>
>>86985510
Personally, I think it'd be interesting if everyone was plain and only looked hot in costumes. It'd be an interesting dynamic for a book. Though it might just come out as suit fetishistization.
>>
>>86985096
This. It's hard to take the "edgy" criticism seriously when it almost always comes from people who get upset by anything more extreme than the Simpsons.
>>
File: sanic_pilkington.jpg (189KB, 600x349px) Image search: [Google]
sanic_pilkington.jpg
189KB, 600x349px
>>86985421
Nail on the head.
AoU is like a nice, juicy, medium rare burger that came with a fuckton of mustard, or whatever condiment you despise.
And steak fries.
In the end you could've had a delicious meal, and the food is still there, but fuck, why'd they have to go and put fucking mustard on it.
>>
>>86985096

But we don't even have any "adult" oriented cartoons either just. Most of them are just dumb animated sitcoms with a theme masquerading as a show for older audiences. Are you gonna tell me that Rick & Morty is not made for kids in mind?
>>
Frank Miller was a genius who revolutionized American comic book industry in mid-80s. Two other men did it with him: Will Eisner and Alan Moore.

/co/ tends to hate Miller, idolize Moore and completely forget Eisner. But comics afterwards wouldn't be the same without either of these 3.
>>
>>86985515
/co/ reacted that way to Korra because they overrated the shit out of atla.
Not that Korra is particularly good but the reaction was disproportionate.
>>
>>86985096
Maybe, but that's not to say that we don't want any adult oriented cartoons at all.

Who doesn't want something that can stand beside the Venture Bros?
>>
Waifu shaming is infinitely more obnoxious than waifufagging.
>>
>>86985587
Eisner was not as influential as you think. Kirby actually had a bigger influence.

And Miller's influence really began with his Daredevil in the early 80s.
>>
>>86985189

I feel that people that use the word anti are huge fags and women. But South Park has always been sort of meh for a long time. That's what happens when a series goes on for too long.
>>
>>86985587
Eisner in the mid 80s? I think you misspoke.
>>
>>86985582
>Are you gonna tell me that Rick & Morty is not made for kids in mind?
lol
>>
>>86983457
I actually kinda feel the same way, but then I ended up watching it for the first time only this year. I feel it's very possible that had I watched it when it first came out, everything would've felt fresher and I might've found it much funnier.
>>
>>86980998
manga is superior to comics and anime is superior to cartoons

only reason to care about western drawn media is that it does some things better and occasionally produces something of value
>>
>>86985553
I know you're being ironic, but let me clarify. What I mean is, superheroes shouldn't look like boring, ordinary, "realistic" citizens with a bit of muscle. They should be sexy. Just sexy in different ways and varied styles.

>>86985564
That's more of an idea for a new comic book. Kind of like taking the She-Hulk idea, and creating a whole world based on it. I kinda like it
>>
>>86980998
Wall-E is Pixar's best.

Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow is the best Superman story.

Teen Titans Go and Gumball are the funniest shows on Cartoon Network at the moment.

Civil War > Winter Soldier

The Omega Men made me like Kyle Rayner.

I don't know why The Nut Shack is popular here. It's trash.

Manga and comics are the same thing.

I loved Superbro.

Stop motion is the best form of animation.

I liked Man of Steel but DCEU discussion on /co/ is cancerous.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. whether you like it or not.

I will never watch anything by Chris-Chan, but I will read of his exploits.

I want to fuck Tara Strong.

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt is a better western cartoon than most actual western cartoons.

Pax Americana is the best comic of the 2010s so far.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105KB, 1920x1080px
>>86985652
>I feel that people that use the word anti are huge fags and women
>>
>>86985459

Your friends sounds like a bunch of faggots. And I question to how you even find these people.
>>
>>86985648
Eisner pretty much paved way for adult-oriented graphic novels.
>>86985659
That's not what I meant. The mid-80s revolution was Miller's doing, with Moore's help. Eisner paved the way for it in the late 70s.
>>
Jack Kirby was a shit artist. There were much better artists working at DC at the time.

But he was a great writer and concept creator.
>>
test
>>
>>86985739
>Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt is a better western cartoon than most actual western cartoons.
I dont see how, it was loud, crass, and lolsorandom. It would've been just another TTG if it wasn't made by Japan.
>>
>>86985739
>I don't know why The Nut Shack is popular here. It's trash.
SiIvaGunner
>>
>>86985818

It was funny. Speaking of it:

Scanty > Kneesocks
>>
>>86985751
I was desperate for people to play PnP shit with. Some of them I still like others were insufferable and not fun to game with.
>>
>>86985621
I agree ONLY because waifufags at least usually have some sort of self-awareness of what they're doing, while waifu-shamers legitimately act as if they're on some sort of intellectual crusade while they shitpost.
>>
>>86985582
Have you watched an Ari Folman movie? Or maybe the Prophet?
Maybe Anomalisa or Fantastic Mr. Fox, they were fairly mainstream.
>inb4 only TV shows count
Live action TV shit isn't exactly mature.
>>
>>86985356
You are too inocent, dear fujoshit. The 6 worst SJWs that I know on tumblr, unironocally frequently post on /v/.
>>
>>8698562
The only reason VB is adult is old ass references.
>>
>>86985356
Gay shit got way worse on the last year.

And I'm here since 2012.
>>
>>86985933

Nah. Been here since 08. /co/ has always been gay.
>>
>>86980998
Warren Ellis is a mediocre writer
>>
>>86985621
>>86985879
I agree that waifushaming is obnoxious, but both of them are equally obnoxious shit posts. Most of the time they're just repeating themselves and dump the exact same image in the same order.
>>
>>86985754
You're dramatically overestimating the influence of eisner. His only real success was The Spirit. After that he was a fairly obscure figure who was really only known to diehards. The main push for TPBs and "graphic novels" came from Marvel's popularization of increasingly longer story arcs.
>>
>>86980998
Rule 63 threads are some of the best things on the board, and underrated.
>>
>>86980998
He-Man has the best lore of any western cartoon in history.
>>
The greatest American comic artists are Will Eisner, Al Capp, Wally Wood, Robert Crumb, Jim Starlin, John Byrne, Frank Miller, Mike Mignola, and Terry Dodson.
>>
>>86985954
People used to stay on their containment thread.
>>
I know it's not /co/ but whateves. It's easy to delete something furry related in one second but people are easily struggling wheter or not lolifags should exist. What did furry ever done to this site? And no I'm not counting the bronies, I pretend they never exist
>>
>>86985587
>unpopular opinion
I mean other than it being the mid-80s instead of the late 70s-early 80s, I don't think anyone on or off /co/ would disagree with this
>>
>>86986047
rule 63 in which the character has switched gender in-universe > rule 63 in which the character has always existed as that gender in their universe
>>
>>86986098
They were the original mlp fandom. Furries were pretty bad at the start.
>>
>>86986098
Yall are annoying like bronies.
>>
>>86986023
it came from Watchmen
>>
>>86986101
Miller and Moore weren't really relevant until about 1980 and 1984, respectively.
>>
>>86986051
>Terry Dodson
and you were doing so well
>>
>>86986125
Shut up. You don't know a goddamn thing. You fucking idiot. Why would you even bother posting if all you have to say is moronic and wrong?
>>
>>86986023
The term "graphic novel" came from standalone fantasy/sci-fi comics of the 70s that wanted to attract more adult readers and didn't want to be associated with capeshit. Eisner's Contract with God was the first decent "graphic novel", it attracted attention from comic professionals (if not the general readership), and influenced the trend. Spiegelman's Maus followed suit, and I guess I should mentioned it too as an influence.
>>
>>86986125
Not at all. Marvel was pushing for GNs and TPBs in the early 80s to cash-in on the success of The Dark Phoenix Saga.
>>
>>86986117
is it because furries were minding their own business until the Internet happen and become the butt of the joke?
>>
>>86986145
What? He's pretty good imo.
>>
The Hulk would and should kill Wolverine in a fight.
Every time.
>>
File: image_19.jpg (28KB, 498x500px) Image search: [Google]
image_19.jpg
28KB, 498x500px
>>86985621
Whenever there is a [blank]/anti-[blank] dynamic on /co/, the antis are ALWAYS much more aggravating than the pros.

Take SU for instance.
On /co/, from what I've seen, SUfags are more tolerable than the antis who come in just to bitch.

Funny thing is, for every one person who's pro-[blank] there's like 10 fucking antis.
>>
>>86986143
that's why I said early 80s, dorkus
>>
>>86985739
>I don't know why The Nut Shack is popular here. It's trash.
It's a bunch of unfunny faggots trying to make it the "Bad Rats" of /co/

>I want to fuck Tara Strong.
That's not unpopular
>>
>>86980998
/co/ is too obssessed with Dobson and basically stimulated his worse traits by making his persecution complex be 100% validated.
>>
>>86986125
Lol no. Watchmen is the most overhyped "graphic novel", but not the first or even the first well known.
>>86986143
True.
>>86986148
That wasn't me. I'm >>86986168
>>86986178
Marvel followed the trend when the term "graphic novel" started getting popular with adult readers.
>>
>>86986192
he's a far cry from greatest
>>
>>86986250
Well, he's the only one who comes close when I'm trying to think about current ones. But yeah, maybe not one of the greatest though.
>>
>>86983194
>Batman's rogues are better characters than his allies. Alfred is the only one who can compete.
Is this really an unpopular opinion? I would figure its the opposite.
>>
>>86986287
Neal Adams, Frazer Irving, Brandon Graham, Steve Lieber, that dude who drew Vision, Barnaby Bagenda, Frank Quitely, Rob Guillory, and Ben Caldwell are all better than Dodson
>>
>>86983292
>>If it weren't for the odd OC threads, I probably wouldn't even bother with /co/ at all.
OC threads are the main reason I come here

>>86983369
How is any of that an unpopular opinion though? I thought it was almost a consensus that the 2nd season was the best.

And the reason anyone likes the beach episode at all is because of Ty Lee in a bikini.
>>
>>86985510
>Female characters should look sexy (unless they're a monster, very old, or supposed to be ugly). Just sexy in different, diverse ways. They shouldn't all have sameface, samebody, skimpy outfits, and giant breasts. But they all should look sexy.

>Male characters should look sexy too (unless they're a monster, very old, or supposed to be ugly).

THIS.

There's a Golden Mean between "all girls have giant tits and wear glorified bikinis" and "all girls have flat chests and cover up everything"
>>
>>86983579
>>86984361
Do you like in NYC and does your name start with C?
>>
>>86986391
This post is objectively false.
>>
I fucking hated Ed Edd n Eddy as a kid and I still hate it now
>>
>>86986441
Dodson isn't that good, dude. You are blinded by the waifus
>>
>>86985791
>Jack Kirby was a shit artist.
I wouldn't go so far as to call him shit, but he was very rigid when it came to characters and anatomy. He had like, 5 or 6 body types.
But his designs are still mindblowing.
>>
>>86986391
Neal Adams was always a bit too "house style"-ey for me. Wood or Eisner had more unique styles imo.
Frazer Irving are Frank Quitely are great at a certain thing, but a bit too niche.
Steve Lieber, idk, nothing to write home about really.
Rob Guillory and Ben Caldwell are frankly not my cup of tea.
I'll check out Brandon Graham and Barnaby Bagenda, thanks for recommending them.
>>
>>86986467
Not me, I'm
>>86986568
>>
>>86986568
>he hasn't read Prophet
you should read Prophet, anon
>>
>>86986611
ok.jpg
>>
>>86985189
>>86985391

This reminds me of something. Over the last few years I find that its hard for me to get into adult comedies. I hear about shows like Archer and I try to get into them but even if I think they're good I don't really care to keep watching them. The only one I can watch nowadays is King of the Hill and even then its only when the show comes on TV(at which point I have to stop what I'm doing and watch the episode).
>>
That fucking life with kurami artist is fucking shit and I hate how people praise his "success" whenever threads about him or his comic come up

like get some goddamn eyes you idiots and look at what you're "supporting"
>>
>>86983988
I'd have argued with you up until Season 2B.

But now, yeah, that's totally fair.
>>
The best episodes of TTG are about as good as the best episodes of AT, RS, SU etc.

Amazing World of Gumball is severely underrated, probably because its a slapstick show and doesn't deliver on "muh lore, muh drama"

The Looney Tunes Show is the best show CN has produced in the last ten years.
>>
>>86986568
I'd argue Adams defined the modern house style. He's still a great visual storyteller, though
>>
I don't have any problems with companies adding gay, trans, or minority characters in comics, or interracial relationships. Minority people need to be able to read about cool heroes that are like them.

----

As anon said, sexy characters should exist (without going over the top with this), comics are not a Sunday School. And no, sexy characters not offensive.
>>
File: to that.png (189KB, 518x296px) Image search: [Google]
to that.png
189KB, 518x296px
>>86986848
>The Looney Tunes Show is the best show CN has produced in the last ten years
>>
>>86985301
>Disney movies since they abandoned traditional, hand-drawn animation has have been shit and that Frozen is as popular as it is despite being a mediocre movie at best is a fucking travesty.
I liked Tangled and Wreck-it Ralph but for the most part I agree

>I think I actually kind of dislike the tumblr audience that actually likes modern Disney movies.
Is this really unpopular?
>>
File: Anon has lost it.png (15KB, 498x218px) Image search: [Google]
Anon has lost it.png
15KB, 498x218px
>>86986697
>like get some goddamn eyes you idiots and look at what you're "supporting"

What the fuck am I supposed to look at, Anon?
>>
Kamala Khan is not an original concept in any way. She's a pastiche of two 80-90s characters created by John Byrne + ISLAM
>>
People get too easily triggered by SJW stuff
>>
>>86987087
Jesus Christ what a scumbag. Nobody would actually just be nice for the sake of it! Open your eyes!

INFOWARS.COM! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!
>>
The Amazing World of Gumball needs to focus on characters that isn't the family.
The Wattersons are bland both in looks and personality since they been used way too much. The family dynamic is too stale to use at this point and they need to chill out with it.
>>
Marvel should have stuck with the real time thing. We could be on the second or third generation of characters now.

All of DC's current shows have sucked with the exception of Gotham, which I haven't seen.

New Gods wasn't that good, as much as I love Kirby

Serial comics is a giant scam, peiple should stop taking the bait when companies troll for ragebuys and just buy trades of good runs instead

Everyone who is freaking out about current comics needs to remember that there's almost a century of old comics that are pretty damn good and worth going back to.

>>86984941
>XML2>MUA

Totally agreed.
>>
>>86987474
>Serial comics is a giant scam, peiple should stop taking the bait when companies troll for ragebuys and just buy trades of good runs instead
this thread is for unpopular opinions, anon
>>
>>86985245
Avengers 2 was at least as good as 1. People just forget how mediocre 1 was because everyone was hyped as shit for the very concept of it.
>>
>>86981369

In fairness, Its hard to gauge how unpopular an opinion is on /co/. Its not like Reddit where unpopular opinions are easy to discern because they get you downvoted into oblivion by triggered manchildren. That's not even taking into account the rampant trolling that goes on in this board.

Like, I'm still not sure if people on /co/ like the Nutshack unironically.
>>
>>86987533
Everyone says it, but clearly few people are actually putting (or removing, I guess) their money where their mouth is.
>>
>>86987721
I still don't believe some people actually liked Code Monkeys.
>>
This board puts way to much emphasis on lore/action/drama over comedy and slapstick.
>>
>>86986697
So YOU must be responsible for that one thread
>>
>>86985621
That's the point, anon.
>>
>>86987770
>all those people saying Cage! has shitty art
that was one of the few times I have been legitimately mad at people for having shit taste
>>
>>86985515
Even though it was shit LoK remains one of my favorite shows to come out in the last few years because of how good the action could get.
>>
>>86987753
What's code monkeys? Never heard of it.
>>
>>86987770
2 reasons:

1. Most people grew up with comedy cartoons, so jokes like those are kind of a dime a dozen to any adult who still watches /co/ shit

2. There is, however, a contingent of man children who really want people to take their cartoons seriously, so they hunger for animated lore and drama
>>
>>86987807
I can take shitty art over the shitstorm we had earlier this week when someone went and called it racist.
>>
File: acording to plan.jpg (67KB, 285x199px) Image search: [Google]
acording to plan.jpg
67KB, 285x199px
>>86987807
You are a big faggot, I was literally the first one to writte this bait on the Cage thread and got most (YOU).

And guess what? I was messing with you.

I love Genndy, Cage is by far not his best work tho, but it is enjoyable and great to look at.

>>86987770
People prefer to talk more about engaging stories, that actually generate discussion. It is like this with any medium. Stop acting like it is something that is exclusive of /co/ or 4chan.
>>
>>86987936
He's not as big a faggot as the faggot who goes around bragging about baiting people.
>>
>>86986893
>I don't have any problems with companies adding gay, trans, or minority characters in comics, or interracial relationships. Minority people need to be able to read about cool heroes that are like them.
As a person who is a minority and does appreciate the few minority characters I can relate to I still think the diversity push is obnoxious and more often than not produces shit characters.
>>
File: hqdefault_1.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault_1.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>86987556
To be fair, the fact that The Avengers exists at all is fucking mind blowing.
Could you imagine going back in time 10 years and explaining the concept of the MCU to someone in 2006?
>>
>>86987840
Some shitty 8-bit show that ran on G4 over ten years ago
>>
>>86988000
The important thing is
A) not rubbing it in the faces of pre-existing fans who, it being comics we're talking about, are loathe to literally any change
B) making the characters actually characters over "I'm the black one!" "I'm the gay one!" and so on

Look at Claremont's X-Men. Insanely diverse team that actually worked right from the get-go because the man was actually writing a damn story instead of masturbating to how progressive he was.

I mean, he was still masturbating, but not about that.
>>
File: 1467244081892.jpg (288KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1467244081892.jpg
288KB, 1366x768px
Both Hulk movies are pretty damn fun to watch.
>>
>>86988024
this is true
>>
>Batman should be gay or asexual
>Frank Miller never lost it
>I like both modern Hulk movies
>Love and Rockets does nothing for me

>>86984170
There was a billboard featuring Apocalypse choking Mystique with the tagline "Only the Strong Will Survive," the message being "Mystique/JLaw is our hero! How will she get out of this one?" but to some out of touch Hollywood liberals like Rose Mcgowan it seemed like it was implying "weak women" wouldn't survive. So she complains publicly, others do as well, Fox apologizes, even though it wasn't the intent or even the actual content of the poster, and the crybully culture gets a little bit stronger.

The SJW boogeyman is slightly inflated, but it's real.
>>
>>86984358
I unironically agree

The last good one was fucking the first avengers Avengers and Dark Knight
>>
>>86986098
The hatred of furries has been something that's stuck around from 4chan's early days, for better or worse.
>>
I liked Camp Lazlo, mainly because of Raj as I'm half Indian..

>>86988168
>The SJW boogeyman is slightly inflated, but it's real.
Is that one of your unpopular opinions? Or is that opinion widespread?
>>
>>86986568
What in the fuck are you talking about? NO ONE looked like Neal Adams when he debuted.
>>
>>86988168
I do think he lost it, but in losing it a fresh, beautiful, screaming phoenix made of old man politics and insanity was born.
>>
File: That CAN be good!.gif (538KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
That CAN be good!.gif
538KB, 320x240px
>>86988168
I agree with everything in your post. Don't think I've ever done that in one of these threads
>>
>>86988090
>Claremont's "diversity"
It also made sense within the context of "mutants" that there would be a handful on each continent and that if Charles was going to build a global support network, he's going to need a global team.

>>86988219
That was a reply, and clearly not part of the list of opinions from earlier in the post.
>>
>>86988268
>That was a reply, and clearly not part of the list of opinions from earlier in the post.
I was joking but obviously it was a shit joke.

I do agree. The SJWs do have more influence and its disheartening even if the reality is not as bad as what you might think based off /co/
>>
>>86988327
>it was a goof
If only we had basic text markup in this day and age. what horror.

>>86988236
>a fresh, beautiful, screaming phoenix made of old man politics and insanity was born
I'm completely ok with that. I enjoy a lot of outsider and avant garde art, so when /co/ starts talking about how crazy Frank Miller or Dave Sim is I just kind of laugh to myself.
>>
File: FRANK THE TANK.jpg (256KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
FRANK THE TANK.jpg
256KB, 970x545px
>>86988403
Crazy Frank Miller is so much more interesting than a "frozen in time in 1987" Frank Miller would ever be

Pic related is cool as shit
>>
>>86983292
>if only because SJW's start off well intentioned
Evil actions done under good intentions are still evil, and honestly even more insidious than any /pol/ shit.
>>
File: Give Me Liberty.jpg (28KB, 300x454px) Image search: [Google]
Give Me Liberty.jpg
28KB, 300x454px
This shit was dope. Too bad none of you morons even read it
>>
File: 1451154532067.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
1451154532067.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>86982975
>The only reason "doujinshis" in america never do well like one's in japan is because people always complain about having to pay for fap material, obtain the comic in some way and then proceed to spread the comic everywhere to the point that the creator can't even make a dime off his work and then have the audacity to bitch that western hentais don't get the love they deserve and how hard life is to find good fap comics
>>
>all superheroines are flat and masculine, She-Hulk is muscled and flat and masculine, and teenage girls are petite
is not "diversity". It's exactly the same as
>all superheroines are busty and feminine, She-Hulk is muscled and busty and feminine, teenage girls are petite
just with the opposite sign. It also doesn't represent real women, because most real women, flat or curvy, look feminine.

The 2nd option is at least sexy to look at.
>>
>>86982728
Anon your supposed to post unpopular opinions.
>>
>>86982975
>>86989155
No doujinshins don't do well because it would fall under american copyright laws and get canned so fucking fast it's not even funny. Japanese have different copyright laws that lets people get away with using their characters.

Artists squeak through because they are small and suing everyone for profiting five bucks for art of characters is pointless. But an actual physical porn book of a mouse character would have you sued so fast. Doujinshins just can't exist while the current laws prohibit it.
>>
>>86981898
If I had to pick between waifuthreads and the current state of Marvel threads I'd go with waifufaggotry every time.
>>
>>86987840
Show from the dying days of G4, and one of the best things they made.
It's about two guys that work at a video game company as programmers in the mid 80s, when their company is sold my Steve Wozniak to a Texas Oil field owner.
It's all done in 16-bit style, same aesthetic as River City Ransom.
>>
>Transformers Animated was just ok, and was more like a Teen Titans reboot than a Transformers show
>Wanted is really good and wasn't intended to be taken seriously
>the Ultimates 1-2 still hold up
>95% of the supposed "SJW pandering" is just /co/ reaching to find things to be upset about
>seasons 9-14 of the Simpsons were still as consistently funny as the golden age Simpsons
>Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld was an awful book that couldn't keep a consistent tone and was rightfully cancelled
>>
>>86985245
I was mad as fuck and then I realized you were referring to AoU the movie. I agree. The comic is trash though.
>>
>>86989663
>Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld

Almost thought that was Su-related
>>
Francobelgian+Italian comics are way better than American+Canadian comics.
>>
The Walking Dead is the best comic/graphic novel series of all time
>>
>>86989779
It's pretty good.
>>
>>86989663
Ultimates 2 falls apart hard at the end. Its like a crazy sheer cliff continental shelf type drop. But it's fucking great till then.
>>
I liked Korra better than the original Avatar but Korra being a lesbo is honestly pure tumblr cancer.
>>
>>86980998
We should end all the ongoing cape lines from the big two. Let new people have new ideas, let movies and series for the normies, if a writter want to make his take on superman or some shit like this make a special
>>
Jap cartoon porn > bag of shit > Western cartoon porn

I will never understand how anyone can jerk off to the styles of PPG, Simpsons, FoP or any of the like. Even all the good western artists that are popular among /co/ draw in anime styles.
>>
>>86983175
I agree with this. The dynamic was 10x better when it was just Aang, Sokka and Katara.
>>
Tumblr isn't that much of a threat to our way of life.
It's mostly just bored kids who have their hearts in the right place and have been guilted into kooky opinions- the basic routines and trials of life will set them straight and maybe some of that mushy progressive shit might make them gentler to people once the caustic righteous indignation wears off.
>>
>>86980998
Comics and cartoons are both in a low place right now, but while this is only a temporary setback for cartoons, capeshit comics have started their slow and painful march to certain doom. Rebirth is only daying the inevitable. The only real question is whether the live action capeshit franchise bubble bursts first.

The real issue with /co/ is that it lacks true elitist culture. On /a/, /fa/, /fit/, even to an extent /pol/, it's easy to tell apart newfags from oldfags and regulars. There's a generally agreed upon canon of what is considered "unquestionably good". /co/ has it to some degree with comics (Doom Patrol, Watchmen), but it lacks it entirely with live action capeshit and cartoons (Samurai Jack and Over the Garden Wall come close, but just fall short). When it's impossible to distinguish between oldfag and newfag you get the splurge of crossposters from /tv/ (another board with this problem), Leddit, and of course Tumblr. In short, western animation tv needs its Legends of the Galactic Heroes.

The SJW takeover is real and inevitable. A Trump loss is basically predetermined at this point, the meme magic of 2016 is starting to wear thin. That doesn't mean we should become autistic like /v/, but we do need to be aware that there will be pushback in every area of the playing field, from small scale webcomics to large scale blockbusters. Just remember thaf the real villains are not the autists on Tumblr who peddle this crap, but the retarted corporate shits who buy into it.

Strven Universe isn't that bad, and a majority of /co/ either likes it or doesn't care about it. Ultimately the rash of threads constantly on the front page are there because it is incredibly easy to farm for (you)s by just criticizing the show.
>>
>>86980998
I like the original Red Hood and the Outlaws better than the rebirth one
>>
>>86990359
Tumblr isn't a threat to anything.

People in positions of power or influence, that share Tumblr's opinions or pander to Tumblr for one reason or another, can be a threat.
>>
>>86987753
I still have trouble believing that was an actual show. Like, i occasionally saw a pop up for it, but i never saw it or a commercial for it. I mainly heard other people talking about it.
>>
>>86990432

Accept it is. Comics have become nothing but a soapbox for feminisim, forced diversity and gross LGBT pushing or else an entire crusade of fat, pink haired women will raise hell.
>>
>>86981324
>Daniel Clowes
Who?
>>
I liked the unfunnies
>>
>>86990609
>comics
maybe try reading more than Marvel
>>
>>86986208
Most antifags are false flags in order to start discussion or bait for (yous) or start a fight.

The art of trolling isn't about (you)s or getting someone angry, anon. It's about getting people angry at each other and SU fags are so fuckin' easy.
>>
>>86990639
Nice try, Shia
>>
>>86990392
>we do need to be aware that there will be pushback in every area of the playing field, from small scale webcomics to large scale blockbusters.
What could they do that they haven't already done in comics?
Eradicate all straight while male characters?
Turn married superheroes into literal cucks?
Pair all white women with black men, no exception, in a partnership with Blacked?
Give all superheroes genderfluid identities with weird pronouns?
Make all female heroes wear potato sacks to remove any last hints at sexuality?
Fill the comics with Tumblr memes and SJW buzzwords?
No, seriously, what?
>>
Not really /co/, but why did the /co/ Hunger Games last as long as they did?
>>
>>86990609
You're stupid.
There are 3 types of players on that field.
1. The ideologues that create the narrative;
2. People in politics, corporations, businesses, and yes, entertainment companies that buy into the narrative;
3. Dumb kids on social media who buy into the narrative.

1 is the root of their movement, but their influence is indirect and not easily distinguishable. 2 is the most dangerous because their ideologically motivated actions can have real repercussions. 3 are just a bunch of yes-men, the worst they could do is provide fodder for the media (who are a part of 2).
>>
>>86987721
Nah dude unpopular opinion threads on reddit are identical to the ones here. Just post after post of people saying "Uhh that's not actchually an unpopular opinion".

Mostly unpopular opinions boil down to brave folk boldly stating that something that got mad hype for a bit didn't deserve all the mad hype it got. That it was good but not literally flawless like hardcore fans try to sell you on. Same shit here and there. Different names though occasionally.
>>
Since this seems to have become the topic of the thread

Hating a work because you disagree with the creator's views or the views expressed by the work makes you a petulant child.
Learn to look at things from an objective standpoint.

That being said, I think that the writing for a lot of the Big 2 comics nowadays is pretty shit and the art has always ranges from terrible to "meh" for me.
>>
Frank Miller and Alan Moore were the worst things to happen to comics.

Nothing will top the storytelling and creativity in the golden and silver ages. Not just cape, EC and Disney included here too.

I consider all stories pretty much after the 1980's as optional canon.

I don't enjoy Netflix Marvel. I find it too bleak and gritty. I think its afraid to be a superhero show. I want to see Daredevil facing Stilt Man and the Owl not Punisher.

Punisher and Deadpool are my least favorite popular characters.
>>
>>86991004
I agree.

However, hating on a work because the creator's views made him or her fuck it up, fuck up its characters, or turn it into preachy bullshit, is perfectly justifiable.
>>
>>86991067
the worst thing to happen to comics is still Bendis
>>
>>86990741
The same thing we've wanted to do for years: Restart the board. Wipe the slate clean. Take out all the old guard, put in some new blood. Rethink fanservice entirely, whether that means removing it or adding in more male fanservice to balance things out. Add more obvious throws to social justice, a la genderfluidity.

Basically do what Marvel's doing now, but rather than putting guys like Bendis on those projects instead filling the ranks with younger artists. Think about how CN basically restructured around the new guard in the post-Flapjack era.

From there? In capeshit comics, not much.
>>
>>86991098
That would fall under bad writing imo
>>
>>86991164
True but there are cases where the bad writing seems to stem directly from the attempt to send a certain message.
>>
>>86991113
Shit yeah Bendis is dreadful. I don't disagree at all.
>>
Harper Row is one of my favorite members of the Batfamily.

I hate Stephanie Brown.
>>
>>86991155
>Take out all the old guard, put in some new blood.
Already happening.
>Rethink fanservice entirely, whether that means removing it or adding in more male fanservice to balance things out.
Already happened in most comics.
>Add more obvious throws to social justice, a la genderfluidity.
Not happened yet, but not improbable, and honestly that's not a "huge pushback".

>rather than putting guys like Bendis on those projects instead filling the ranks with younger artists.
What's really the difference?
>>
Live action adaptations need to be banned from /co/.

We don't have to be /tv/'s dumpster.
>>
>>86991269
unpopular opinions, anon
>>
>>86991269
This board is the dumpster of many boards.
Hell, even /trash/ treats this board like shit.
>>
I value artists way more than I do writers when it comes to comics. Most comic writers are hacks and interchangeable. The artist is what makes and breaks the comic. More people go to see a movie because of the director than they do the screenwriter. I don't know why this logic doesn't apply to comics, another visual medium.

Cartoonists who write and draw their own work are the ideal of the comics medium.
>>
>>86991255
The difference is that guys like Bendis, as hard as they try, really don't "get" social justice and Tumblr crap, not in the same way that, say, Stveen Universe does. And that hurts them because any momentum they get from fangirls picking up their comics from following the MCU is instantly dashed to the wind with convoluted canon, clickbait storylines, and straight up bad writing.

A replacement of the guard would chance that. Best case means more hipster comics a la Lumberjanes, worst case is more Hellcat's and Squirrel Girl's.
>>
Jon Stewart is, if not the best GL, at least tied for best.
>>
>>86991420
But we already get Hellcats and Squirrel Girls. Even if they turn all female-targeted comics into Bitch Planet, that's not the end of the world. Because they need to earn money, and their best-selling comics are still male-targeted.

If they go full retard, even that may be a positive because it could influence indie competitors to appear and publish stuff Marvel won't. And while it would be sad to see it happen to Marvel characters, well, it's not like they haven't been dragged through a lot of shit already.
>>
>>86989545
Japan has stricter copyright laws than the US. An episode of Osomatsu-san could not be packaged with blurays or put on streaming sites because it violated copyright law by being to close to the properties they were parodying.
>>
>>86991649
I'm just proposing a hypothetical endgame here, economic feasability aside. An industry-wide thing here.

Truth be told it won't be that bad. But we will feel it, if not in capeshit comics then definately in whatever capeshit movies that stille cist in the future, and most certainly in television.

It'll also be interesting to see how that (further) affects webcomics. Truth be told there really isn't a truly popular (for the right reasons) webcomic with a truly wholehearted SJW push. This eill chance sooner or later.
>>
I have never understood the "/co/mblr" shit. /co/ is incredibly reactionary and full of bigots. /co/ is way more hateful than /mu/. Maybe other boards are really fucked up by comparison because these are the only two I go to.
>>
>>86988453
This is the biggest load of shit I've read all day.
>>
>>86991919
road to hell is paved with good intentions, anon
>>
>>86991833
Isn't Sinfest basically an SJW webcomic?

In any case, you can only do so much until you hit a limit. And with things like Marvel or the Dynamite redesigns they've already tried to do as much as they can.
>>
Dipper's obsession with Wendy and Mabel's obnoxious personality made Gravity Falls unwatchable and I had to drop it after a few episodes.
>>
>>86992039
does anyone actually follow Sinfest anymore
>>
>>86991845
It's a /pol/ meme that's literally from retards who don't know anything about comics and cartoons but come from /pol/ cause of live action shit then they get triggered. Now, a lot of shit like Aaron's femthor, SQ and Hellcat is absolute shit, but it's not because of diversity it's because the writing is shit the character's are poorly written. This is the issue no one gives a fuck about diversity.
>>
>>86984904
Pan from RebelTaxis unironically likes Teen Titans Go. He'll make fun of it, but he admits to enjoying.
>>
>>86992107
True, but
>Aaron's femthor
Its concept is retarded in itself.
>>
>>86991833
>An industry-wide thing here.
Who the fuck will buy it?
>>
>>86992154
I don't disagree. The name sake was clearly cynical in nature as they wanted to use the name for sales. However, the entire tone of comic was fucked by aaron. It could have been a fine comic but then they decided to make it all about thor being a chick now. The entire run has been about that. If you honestly had any faith in your characters you wouldn't make everything about that. You wouldn't make odin a shitty person for forced drama. The entire run is just full of contempt for the fans. On every level. It's disgusting.
>>
>>86992277
Oh yeah, I agree. That was just a minor nitpick.
>>
>>86992060
Both those things only got worse so perhaps it was for the best that you dropped it.
>>
>>86991067
the only people who like campy comics are either 12 or 50
>>
>>86992277
I hate /pol/ and the way they try to infect other boards but that's exactly the sort of thing they'd complain about and I would agree with them in that instance.
>>
It Hurts!! is one of the worst comics I have ever seen, web or otherwise. I still cannot tell if the threads about it are people talking about it ironically or they genuinely like that absolute garbage.
>>
I miss sexy superheroines.
>>
I cannot take someone who uses the terms "SJW" or "cuck" seriously, at all.

I can't give any critique that complains about something being "tumblr" or "reddit" an ounce of respect.
>>
Steven Universe being off-model is its greatest issue.
>>
>>86993042
eh, it doesn't bother me that much. It's not like they're changing drastically in the middle of an episode. If the episode has some off model art I usually get used to it and adjust quickly.
>>
>>86992825
I cannot take someone who uses the terms "MRA" or "fuckboy" seriously, at all.

I can't give any critique that complains about something being "toxic" or "problematic" an ounce of respect.
>>
>>86993260
I can't take anyone saying fuckboy seriously because of its connotations around these parts
>>
File: 1469451754549.png (398KB, 722x399px) Image search: [Google]
1469451754549.png
398KB, 722x399px
>>86980998
I do NOT think Bruce/Barbara relationship is disgusting like everyone says.
>>
Decompression in comics is the best thing for the medium.

It always the art and story to flow better. When I read a comic I want the panels to flow fluidly and naturally. Reading a lengthy text box or a long winded speech/though balloon and having panels that don't flow is not what I want in a comic. A lot of silver age comics did not age well because of this.
>>
The Punisher is one of the worst characters in the big 2 and has an obnoxious fanbase of dudes insecure in their masculinity and need some weird hypermasculine murder machine to self-insert into.
>>
>>86980998

Marvel's latest movies have been terrible, I barely like The Avengers.

I want more mature cartoons, but I don't really care for the majority of Adult cartoons that have aired over the years. I'm not really fond of cursing either.

This isn't /co/ related but the guy who played the Phantom, in the movie for The Phantom of the Opera can't sing.
>>
>>86993503
but decompression allows for MORE long-winded speech/thought balloons

see: everything Bendis has ever written
>>
I wish there were more old fashioned romantic comicbooks.
>>
>>86993690
Bitches Love Spider-man vol. 2 WHEN
>>
>>86993641
Bendis shouldn't be used as example against any storytelling technique. It's like saying all cape comics are bad because Bendis writes some cape comics.
>>
>>86993818
except Bendis popularized decompression so any problems with decompression stem from him
>>
>>86993618
Not judging just wanna know, for mature cartoons what are you looking for specifically?
>>
>>86993618
>implying that last one is unpopular
the only good post-2000 movie musicals are Chicago and Rent

and Chicago's iffy
>>
>>86994120
I really like Sweeney Todd.
>>
>>86994209
well you have shit taste then
>>
>>86994232
Enjoy AIDS the musical.
>>
>>86994275
The stage version of Sweeney Todd is great

the movie is crap

and Rent is easily one of the most influential musicals of all time
>>
>>86984941
>I unironically liked All Star Batman and Robin

me too

shame it got canned
>>
>>86986098
Lolis basically got ancienty on furries.
Everybody on 4chan is an annoying asshole.
>>
>>86980998
I think the second Clone Wars show was better then the first. The second one had better story, made me really feel for the characters, and made the Star Wars universe seem a lot bigger then it was before.

I think that Kevin being redeemed in Alien Force was stupid. Guy was a psychopath in the original series, didn't seem to have any redeeming qualities at all.

I think Transformers Animated is one of the best Transformers series ever, and that Sari was actually decent for a "human" character, her true nature as a techno organic aside. The only complaint I have is that it was cancelled too soon and that we never got to see Unicron show up and see what kind of character he was. And that Sentinel Prime never got any comeuppance for his countless acts of dicketry.
>>
>>86993895

I'm not really sure honestly, I guess something that's not a crude comedy, but more sincere.

>>86994120

I tried talking about it with a friend and her family and she was thought it was unbelievable that I thought he couldn't sing. Also while looking for the songs online I remember seeing a lot of comments talking about how amazing his singing was.

I don't really know where to talk about musicals that aren't cartoons, but it's been a long time since I've watched any musical movies or plays.
>>
>>86984941
>Death and Return of Superman is the definitive best arc of the character
Ew.
>>
>>86983579
You kick ass anon.
>>
>>86980998
>The Inhumans have deserved their own title for a long while now though it should be written by intelligent writers rather than the morons who are currently working on them.
>>
>>86995429
It's the money paw wish my friend, I regret it everytime I see an issue of civil war 2.
>>
>>86983579
>>86984361
Why tho?
>>
>>86995459
I know... After cosmic Marvel I was really excited what would happen with the Inhumans. When I was younger I picked up the graphic novel they had and loved it.

I honestly felt that the Inhumans could have been an almost Sandman like tale of the Inhumans interacting with the outside world and learning about it and its ways, while becoming more 'humane'.
>>
>>86995643
>expecting Sandman-level stuff from current Marvel
I mean, seriously
>>
There's too much confusion between earnest and camp

Any writer who shits on a character because they don't like how other writers are writing said character should be fired

The straight, white male perspective that is the basis of all media needs to die

There should never be an comic office with only men

Batman needs to die
>>
>>86995726
A man can dream... And dream I do...

To be honest, I'm kind of hoping that Queseda starts to beg Gaiman to keep writing Marvel Books after Miracleman. I want some more Eternals goddamnit!
>>
>>86995776
I honestly don't know what Gaiman's deal with comics is

just doesn't seem that into it anymore
>>
>>86995756
>Batman needs to die
he did
>>
>>86995756
>The straight, white male perspective that is the basis of all media needs to die
How about let white men write comics they want, non-white men write comics they want, and women write comics they want?

If you want a strictly non-white-male perspective, you can always just buy specifically the books written by female and minority authors. And not buy any books written by white men.

What's the deal with people like wanting to remove stuff you don't like from existence, instead of just not buying it?
>>
>>86980998

I don't want Batman to die but I want him to be more isolated, I want there to be less hullabaloo in Gotham and I want Batman to be more tragic and empathetic. Also I sort of want there to be a strange fantasy Batman comic.
>>
>>86995756
>There should never be an comic office with only men
What's the difference? Why do you care what naughty parts do the editors, writers and artists have inside their pants?
>>
>>86995921
>strange fantasy Batman comic
that was Batwoman and Gotham by Midnight, only Batman wasn't really in those
>>
>>86995921
Not to single you out but I fucking hate this idea. I love the Batfamily and anything to get Batman away from his lifelong self pity is welcomed.
>>
>>86995853
I honestly think it's because he geniunely enjoys prose more than comics. He has respect for the medium but he is tired of people like Bendis constantly disrespecting the works of other writers and loathes how comics are more concerned with sales than a good story.

I think the ultimate killer though was how badly he was fucked by Todd McFarlane. I think that totally killed his interest in writing as many stories for comics as he was previously.

I just hope that if Gaiman works for Marvel, they give him his own line which is a cross between Young Animal and Vertigo in terms of the types of stories that can be told
>>
>>86996032
>Gotham by Midnight

Damn this looks pretty cool.
Thanks Anon.
>>
>>86995885
Permanently.

>>86995896
>How about let white men write comics they want, non-white men write comics they want, and women write comics they want?
You missed the part where I said this perspective is dominating all of media? All of it. People besides straight white men aren't afforded the same opportunities as them, don't own as much, aren't given the same benefit of the doubt, none of that and as we see if it deviates at all from what is normal it's SJW this, diversity bullshit that. We live in a bubble where the only lends of the world is out of white male eyes.

>>86995994
There just should never be an office with only men. The Superman office throughout the Nu52 was filled with confirmed sexist men. That makes zero sense. If you can have women in the office and it not be a problem chances are we have a higher caliber of people putting out higher caliber stories.
>>
File: ayyyyyyyy.jpg (323KB, 1600x979px) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyyyyy.jpg
323KB, 1600x979px
>>86996157
here to help
>>
>>86996191
I too would like permanent DickBats

maybe one day
>>
I like 80% of WW costumes with pants
Carol and Jessica now have better costumes
Peter should have ended up and stayed with Felicia
>>
>>86985245
>Yes, the Natasha/Bruce romance was forced and totally fucking pointless.
It may have been forced but i like the pairing.
>>
The MCU is the best thing to happen to capeshit
>>
>>86996191
So hire women and non-white men to write comics from different perspectives. Which is exactly what comic companies do. That's still not an excuse to remove stuff you don't like from existence.

Not to mention "white males" are not a hivemind. They have different backgrounds, views, tastes and opinions. Frank Miller is different from Matt Fraction.
>>
>>86996191
>People besides straight white men aren't afforded the same opportunities as them
That's bullshit
>>
>>86990656
You should leave
>>
>>86996446
>Frank Miller is different from Matt Fraction
yeah, one is good and the other isn't
>>
>>86996191
>The Superman office throughout the Nu52 was filled with confirmed sexist men.
You're moving the goalposts. Sexists =/= men. Don't hire "confirmed sexists", and hire non-sexist comic creators regardless of gender.
>If you can have women in the office and it not be a problem chances are we have a higher caliber of people putting out higher caliber stories.
That's bullshit. Women aren't fucking canaries that you let into a mine to test it for sexism. They're individuals, and men are individuals. Hire the best individuals to do the job you need.
>>
I enjoyed BvS. And look forward to JL.
Marvel movies are becoming worse.
Barry > Wally outside of JLU wally
SU is fun but suffers from poor pacing.
EM ELL PEE was good up until S3.
Spider-man needs to stop being single.
Fox needs to stop making comic book movies.
The X-men cartoon was boring.
Bruce Timm needs to die.
/co/ has too many memes and buzzwords.
Homoshipping is cancer.
Millenials ruined comics.
Cartoons are dying.
Hal Jordan is boring but better than John.
Cavillsupes is interesting and refreshing.
AT is no longer fun.
I like the Ultimate Spider-man show and the new TMNT show.
Homestuck was shit once Act 5 hit.
Butch Hartman is and always was a hack.
I am sexually attracted to Lauren Faust.
I enjoy cock but am not gay.
>>
>>86996191
the Superman office was RUN by a sexist man, it wasn't filled with them
>>
>>86996589
Hiring based on merit is sexist and possibly even racist. In the words of our saviour, Hillary Clinton, you can't expect a woman to do as good a job as a man.
>>
I like all Marvel movies equally
>>
>>86996711
is equally in this case not at all
>>
>>86996245
WW costumes with pants are okay in my book if they don't clash with her style, and if they're done for the right reasons. "Pants are practical in combat" is a bullshit reason (e.g. Greeks and Romans didn't wear pants in combat). The fact that historically Greeks often depicted Amazons wearing pants is a good reason.

Carol does have a better costume, the old one was bland. It's more derivative though. Also, new costume shouldn't mean she should get a masculine body.

Jess - hahaha no. New costume is a Chinese ripoff of Hawkeye with some Batgirl added for good measure. It's too busy and unmemorable. Old Jessica is classica.
>>
>>86996446
>So hire women and non-white men to write comics from different perspectives. Which is exactly what comic companies do.
Roxane Gay is Marvel's first black woman writer and you're telling me this is common practice? This is exactly the bullshit I mean when I say white male lens.

>>86996589
>Don't hire "confirmed sexists"
How do you expect that to happen with a single woman in the offices? Also, again, not all opportunity is available equally to all and we're missing the female perspective. Y'know what had to be done for orchestras to accept more women? The auditioners legit had to play behind a curtain with a carpet to mask them. There's a thing called bias which can trump merit, I know that's a difficult concept but not complex.
>>
>>86989945
>I liked Korra better than the original Avatar but Korra being a lesbo is honestly pure tumblr cancer.
>Korra
>tumblr
She's not from marvel ya know
>>
>>86996616
Like half of these aren't really unpopular
>>
Baneposting is still funny, and when I see it it still makes me laugh.
>>
>>86996245
Why does WW even need pants. It's not the 60s
>>
>>86996805
Marvel is the company that can't hire black people to write anything other than black characters

although to be fair I actually can't think of another black woman working in comics period
>>
>>86996805
Name ten black women writers in the industry, total. You're free to pull from indie stuff and even webcomics if you want
>>
>>86994858
100% agree. First Clone Wars show was OMG Look at the kickflips and the action and the lasers and the lightsabers...

Second show had characterization, and, like you said, depth to the star wars universe.
>>
>>86996805
>Roxane Gay is Marvel's first black woman writer and you're telling me this is common practice?
They've been hiring female or minority editors and writers since the 90s. Maybe they didn't hire enough, but that depends on how many you consider "enough".

And in any case. If they need minority perspectives in comics, they should hire minority comic writers. I still don't see how this leads to not hiring white male writers, or what would it even solve.
>>
>>86996973
I remember there was a black female comic creator back in the 40s. She made newspaper comics, which was a better job than working for comic books at the time.
>>
>>86996768
Usually I'd say respect the classics but Spider-Woman is one of the exceptions. I don't hate it but I feel like she should have been with the rest of the characters with evolving costumes.
>>
>>86996805
Who's missing the female perspective? Where?! If four dudes decide to band together and make comics, fucking let them. If you don't like the product they make, don't fucking buy it. God!
>>
>>86997055
What's the problem with her old costume? It's like Spider-Man's, there's no need to evolve it.
>>
>>86985428
Look in your heart, you know it to be true.
>>
New or old, Spider-Woman (At least Jessica) has garbage costumes

Julia was the only one with a good one
>>
>>86997161
Not gonna lie I can't really explain it. Maybe it's because nearly every other Spider-Girl character has had a better costume. Well almost everyone
>>
>>86996911
>although to be fair I actually can't think of another black woman working in comics period
Me either, that's completely my point.

>>86996973
That's not how this works. My point is there needs to be more (not just black women but someone other than straight white men) and yours is there is enough. You point out 10 black women writers in the industry, total. That'd make my goddamn day.

>>86997008
I'm assuming you're this guy

>If you want a strictly non-white-male perspective, you can always just buy specifically the books written by female and minority authors.

>If they need minority perspectives in comics, they should hire minority comic writers.

What I'm saying is they aren't afforded the same opportunity on the same scale as white men. It's like you need a political cartoon to picture what I'm saying.

>Maybe they didn't hire enough, but that depends on how many you consider "enough".

Enough is where anything different isn't scorned for being tumblr, sjw, diversity pandering, etc.

>>86997141
I'm sorry, but I actually care about comic sales and certain characters and I offered what I thought would improve that. I don't think an office responsible for the on going adventures and sales should be a certain way. It's a fucking unpopular opinion thread, I'm glad I'm doing this right.
>>
>>86997296
>That's not how this works.
No, it is exactly how this works. Comic companies can't hire writers that don't fucking exist.
>>
>>86997296
>What I'm saying is they aren't afforded the same opportunity on the same scale as white men.
Then companies should afford them the same opportunity. Still don't see what leap of logic would lead from that to eradicating white male perspectives, or what that would solve.

>Enough is where anything different isn't scorned for being tumblr, sjw, diversity pandering, etc.
That's a strawman and you know it.

And in any case, what does that sentence even mean. They should fire white men and hire non-white non-men as long as some anons make complaining posts on 4chan? Wut?
>>
>I dislike the artstyles of most modern cartoons
>Champions has potential
>>
>>86997723
only if Mark Waid leaves the book
>>
>>86981062
I like you.
>>
>>86997296
If an all-guys team makes great comics, fucking let them. No need to insert some sort of female commissar into every comic creating team. This is a thread for unpopular opinions, not absolutely retarded opinions.
>>
File: 1356288151277.jpg (44KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1356288151277.jpg
44KB, 848x480px
>Expecting this thread to be "I hate this because of my edge"

>Everyone here is actually commenting on unpopular things they like and often with at least somewhat thoughtful reasoning.

I'm actually enjoying this thread a lot
>>
>>86996993
The second Clone Wars show was akin to a Kevin J Anderson novel. A couple decent ideas, but a lot of really bad ones wrapped up in petty packaging.

>This is my unpopular opinion.
>>
>>86980998
Dick should have stayed as Batman with Damian as Robin..
Bruce should have stayed dead or retired.
>>
>>86996198
I like Shazam. Wish he was used more.
>>
File: Lisa.png (287KB, 614x558px) Image search: [Google]
Lisa.png
287KB, 614x558px
Not really an unpopular opinion, but I don't get the hate for Scott Pilgrim. Not saying it's the greatest thing ever, but it gets storytimed a lot and those threads usually get a lot of love.

Is it just comfy?
>>
As always: TTGo > TT.
>>
>>86983175
Agreed.
>>
/aco/ is the board we deserved. It is precisely the board people you guys asked for. If you expected it to be exempt from global rule #3, you're a fucking retard.

I never enjoyed Teen Titans, it never appealed to me and I hate how it seemed to be ashamed of being part of the DC Universe. His name is fucking Deathstroke.

Animaniacs and Tiny Toons aren't very good and have aged very poorly. Pinky and The Brain is very good, and Freakazoid was easily the best.

If you like BvS, that's fine, I get it. But I am astonished at how some people can fool themselves into thinking it's some sort of masterpiece.

Gotham is a pretty great show. I think most of the people who think it's shit haven't seen an episode since it premiered, and since then it's gotten way better. Even if you think it's shit, you should still watch it just because it's viscerally entertaining.

Maybe I'm being naive, but The Flash looks really good this season.
>>
>>86980998
>I actually liked Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad despite their flaws
>I think DC and Marvel are both shit
>Rebirth isn't that great, it's just that Marvel is utterly retarded in comparison
>Morrison is overrated and his ideas like Hypercrisis are kind of retarded
>Good traditional animation is always better than 3D animation for cartoons
>>
>>86998890
I find myself either strongly agreeing or being indifferent to each of your posts. And I can appreciate hate on TT that has nothing to do with it being weeby.
>>
>>86982516
>B.R.P.D is one off the weakest Mignolaverse books
Have you read Abe Sapien?
>>
>>86998917
I thought it was admirable that they wanted to let the show sort of be its own thing apart from everything else, but they didn't need to bend over backwards to do it. We all know who trained Robin, just fucking say it already.
>>
>>86998890
I like your username. It says you're intelligent, nihilistic, and have a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>86999000
Actually it's a reference to The Critic, one of my favorite cartoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqN5fLeHr6Y
>>
File: image.jpg (744KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
744KB, 1988x3056px
>>86984856
>comics
Haha
Ha...
Yeah about that.
>>
>>86985124
>treating it like it was the worst or best thing on earth. In reality it was just okay. And that's fine but making a big deal out of what on an actual scale would be a 7/10, is pathetic.
This but with the Star Wars prequels and coming to the Star Wars rebels thread to bitch about them.
Go to fucking /tv/ to whine about them, for the trillionth time, might I add. If you're not adding something new to that issue, you should just keep it to yourself anyways, because it's so fucking tired a subject, no one fucking cares that one doesn't like them, aside from possibly trying to shitstir. It's been 11 years since 3 came out, fuck off with it. It was edgy and cool and SOOO counterculture, hell yeah dude, but it's fucking so oversaturated a held-feeling online, you may as well say "I didn't like master of disguise". It's about as relevant an observation or opinion.
EITHER WAY IT DOESNT FUCKING BELONG IN A STAR WARS REBELS THREAD KINDLY FUCK YOURSELF OVER TO /tv/
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 240x200px
I'm just waiting for culture to move past the whole deconstruction thing onto reconstruction. You can only suffer that sort of thing for so long before it becomes as outdated and cliche as the thing it tore apart to begin with.

Post-Modernism a shit, we /sincerity/ now.
>>
>>86996133
>tired of people like Bendis disrespecting works of other writers
Gaiman doesn't seem like the type to care about continuity since he wouldn't be interested in common denominator monthly Cape comic events. Overwriting continuity has been a thing since Gaiman was writing Sandman.
>>
I really love the MCU, while not perfect it always keeps me entertained and makes me feel good. I have depression and hanging out with friends when a new movie comes out always keeps me in a good mood for a couple of hours. It's one of the few things that excite me anymore.

Elseworld stories in comics are usually my favorite and I wish the Big Two did much more of them. Stories deconstructing superheroes are also some of my favorite.

I really, really don't like house style art and it bothers me that Rebirth has so many comics with bland art (to be expected because of the schedule). Speaking of Rebirth, I don't think it's the second coming of Jesus and I think /co/ exaggerates with how good it is.

Current Marvel is pretty bad, but not because of the diversity push. Constant events and the same 4-5 writers doing the books is what kills it for me. They still have a couple of good comics though, with Old Man Logan being the most underrated on /co/. Spencer is also not that bad of a writer, Steve Rogers is keeping me entertained so far.
>>
>>86981324
>starman sucks
>the boys better than hitman
>sleeper brubakers best

I disagree with all of these.
>>
>>86985339
When Batman kicked Darkseid he was amplified by the source/highfather.

It wasn't regular bats.
>>
>>86985339
It's been a thing in DC since the silver age. It's not a recent thing, newfag. A non super-powered staple hero as a team member is a common trope.
>>
>>86985339
Yeah it's dumb as fuck.

I remember Green Arrow being there in Zero Hour.

Spidey isn't just some shitter though, he's just as good as someone from the x-men.
>>
>>86981324
What has Way even written since UA 2?
>>
I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else feel like storytime threads have taken a massive nosedive in variety lately?

It's really nothing but capestuff now, usually the more popular releases too.

What happened? Is it the OP bump rule?
>>
>>86999596
That and the waiting time between posts, it's one minute now. Nobody wants to do long storytimes anymore, it's a pain in the ass unless you have a 4chan pass.
>>
>>86984599

>Finding Nemo was boring

holy shit I'm not the only one. virtual hugs, buddy, all the virtual hugs.
>>
>>86981562
>Comics are not inherently better than the cartoons

I don't disagree, I'll only state that comics are inherently cheaper / easier to produce by virtue of their medium (a small collection of still images, versus 24 or more images a second for 30 minutes to an hour) and that means they can potentially have much better visual quality.

>>86982350
You're only hating on them because they're popular. Unless you're hating on Luke Cage, in which case that show is just shit.
>>
>>86982815
Well, at least you're willing to admit that your dogshit opinions are unpopular.
>>
If comics were explicitly divided by target demogrpahics gender (a la shonen/shojo), it would make for more varied and interesting stories.
>>
File: Cruise Control.jpg (245KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cruise Control.jpg
245KB, 1280x720px
>>86990733
>>
western cartoons in the last 20 years haven't even approached the diversity and depth that eastern cartoons have achieved in just the last 5 and they're doomed to continue to stagnate and falter
we can meme back and forth all we want about moeshit and otaku pandering but it's the god's honest truth that the west has fallen too far to catch unless there's a serious paradigm shift in the industry
>>
>>86999975
Comparing the anime that came out this year, like Mob Psycho 100, and the western cartoons, it's not even funny. In fact, it's extremely sad what's happened to cartoons.
>>
>>86999999
Reverse fucking double Satan.
>>
>>86981324
>>The original Crossed mini is a legitimately great horror comic
That's HORSECOCK and you know it!
>>
>>87000005
Question is, who got >>87000000 ?
>>
File: Holy fuck nigga.gif (677KB, 222x139px) Image search: [Google]
Holy fuck nigga.gif
677KB, 222x139px
>>86999999
DAMN
>>
>>87000013
Pirate wannabe.
>>
>>87000028
What a waste.
>>
>>86999975
Eastern animation of the last five years has been as creatively barren as the rest of mainstream media, anon, if not even more so. Just because the majority of it is aimed at a different demographic doesn't make it more "deep" by default.

Now, regarding comics, on the other hand, I'd definitely be more inclined to agree with you. Perhaps because of this eastern animation has a better pool to choose from in terms of source material.
>>
>>86983292
>>I don't like either of them, but it's better to be a SJW than to be a /pol/lack, if only because SJWs at least start off well intentioned.

That's false. SJW are just bullies who hide their need to insult and hurt others behind a wall of self righteous and hypocritical bullshit.
Someone who wants to make the world a better place doesn´t encourage suicide among those they disagree with.
>>
>>86999975
maybe the American West but the French are making the best Western animation out there.
>>
File: da truf.png (11KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
da truf.png
11KB, 1152x648px
>>87000051
>>
>>86999975
It doesn't help that adults are eating up shows and movies that are literally aimed at elementary school kids. It's not just manchildren, everyone I know watches the latest animated kids films, I've been dragged to stuff like Monsters vs Aliens and Minions by otherwise well-adjusted people. I honestly don't understand.

Sadly cartoons aimed at adults are all lazily animated comedies, so there's no dignity in the medium there either. The only mainstream exception was King of the Hill.
>>
>>86999596
I do semi-regular storytimes of non-cape stuff I find interesting, but they never any replies. I'll keep it up for the 1 or 2 people who actually see my threads.
>>
>>86981404
Very true. I think a lot of people have a hard time being honest about why they like things.
Like I straight-up just love late-80s - 90s Marvel. The Clone Saga, X-Force, Onslaught, all that shit. I am fully aware that its not "good" storytelling, but it was born of the time I grew up in, it unashamedly strives to be as "cool" and superficially appealing as possible, and I know the characters.

There's something to be said for considering all popular culture objects important cultural artifacts for what they say about the context in which they were produced, but you have to be comfortable admitting that you like things for shallow personal reasons like nostalgia or because they're thrilling or because you had a good date the night you first experienced them.
>>
>>86999999
Double reverse satan is right.

Nobody in their right mind actually believes that cartoons can compete with anime.
>>
>>86981422
Comic fags are being autistic about something that they're probably the target audience for. When they demand it change for them, they're semi-justified.

Cartoon fags are being autistic about something squarely aimed at young children. Their demands for it to change to suit them are like me demanding The Wiggles play more metal.
>>
>>87000183
THIS
H
I
S
>>
>>86981969
Now that MLP's fanbase has shrunk so much, it would probably be fair to split /co/ and merge /mlp/ with the resulting cartoon board.

Speaking of boards, I think /m/ should be dissolved. Getting the fans of actual good anime back on /a/ would probably cut down on the waifu-fagging a lot and Toku would actually do fine on /tv/ or /a/ or something. Some of the least shit discussions on /tv/ are actually the rare toku threads.
>>
>>86999596
Image cooldown has been unjustly reverted to 60 because muh passes/bandwidth (I think).
>>
>>86982333
Agreed. And if they had to bring him back as GL, they should have had him own his actions and redeem himself through good deeds rather than writing it off as "UH... HE WAS POSSESSED BY FEAR ALIEN REPTILIANS FROM DIMENSION X"
>>
>>87000210
>Speaking of boards, I think /m/ should be dissolved.
Please no, /m/ discussion would drown in the sea of crap that is /a/
>>
>>86982350
I keep trying to watch the CW and Netflix shows and I kind of have to agree. I think most of this stuff just doesn't translate well to live action. Like you read the story on the page and it feels perfectly fine, but then you see it on screen and its this campy, cheesy mess.
I read the Silver Age Supergirl omni recently and it was actually less corny than the CW series.
>>
>>86989545
Son people were distributing porn comics featuring goddamn Popeye before your daddy was a glimmer in your grandaddy's eye.

>let me trot out the explanation that doesn't specifically implicate my own actions!
>>
>>86982516
My problem with Red Son is that it missed the obvious opportunity to end with the baby Kal sent from the future Earth!Krypton landing in Kansas, averting the events of the series and setting up the Superman story we all know today. Having it be a stable time loop just made the time travel feel dull and unnecessary.
>>
>>87000203
Its like when people complain about cartoons always reusing the same few basic plots over and over again.
Like yeah, their target audience is children who haven't been exposed to these basic, common narratives. If you want subversion of common storytelling tropes, watch television that's actually intended to entertain adults.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (219KB, 1152x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
219KB, 1152x720px
>>86980998
Ok fuck it.
Fuck all of you. Seriously. There is potential in each and everyone of you in this fucking place and you fucking waste it.

The live action boost would have been great to bring some life into the comics and everyone fucking wasted it. /co/ meanwhile got overwhelmed by live action fags that don't care about comics and want to talk about how cute Wanda is or how finished DC is.

Steven Universe is tiring the audience with their
shit schedule but sug has to literally be erased. Even the normal talking threads are just an excuse to shit on the show because it doesn't fit the standards of a grown ass man.
>Who cares I just watch it for X
Fucking stab yourself in eyes then so the last thing you'll see will be your precious character.

The faggots who claim that it's ok to wanting to fuck a child character just because it's not real should be istant-ban or at least ignored. Fucking purge that thread already.

I keep giving chances to Gweenpool just because I like the art. If the story doesn't kick I'm dropping it.

/co/ is so addicted to the cape cock that it doesn't bother reading anything else and that why nobody here will get a work in the sector.

Princess Marco fags need to be shot and everyone who plays their game. Fucking trap faggots.
>>
None of live-action capeshit is good.
The genre just doesn't seem to translate well to live-action.
>>
>>86999902
>y-you only hate it cause it's popular
"Argument" is cancer that needs to die. I sincerely wish it was a bannable offense just so that there'd be less smug fucks like you.

And Luke Cage was much better than garbagefest that was Jessica Jones anyway.
>>
>>87000420
>The faggots who claim that it's ok to wanting to fuck a child character just because it's not real should be istant-ban or at least ignored. Fucking purge that thread already.

>Princess Marco fags need to be shot and everyone who plays their game. Fucking trap
faggots

THIS
>>
>>87000420
>Princess Marco fags need to be shot and everyone who plays their game. Fucking trap faggots.
I would like to expand to say that anyone who spam their fetish nonsense into threads constantly whether it is Princess Marco, Oppai Mable, THICC Fionna, Shortstack Joy, or whatever the hell happens in the SU threads should just stick to /aco/ or /trash/.
>>
>>86985298
This is a great post. I like you and I like your opinions
>>
>>86999512
>I remember Green Arrow being there in Zero Hour
Well, his best friend was the villain
>>
File: 1412719635297.png (137KB, 376x313px) Image search: [Google]
1412719635297.png
137KB, 376x313px
Comics are awful. In all ways. They should be ditched entirely and it all moved to animated or movie features.
>>
File: I'm Steamed.gif (2MB, 426x340px) Image search: [Google]
I'm Steamed.gif
2MB, 426x340px
>>87001426
>people seriously believe this
>>
magiki has been the only good X-man since gillen
>>
Regular Show and Adventure Time should have died sooner. I do not understand why anyone would be sad over them. They have been more bad than good at this point.
>>
>>87001426
*Cape comics
>>
>>86983543
So what happened? Did the mods finally tell them to fuck off or did the threads just die?
>>
Superhero comics are a cancer at this point.

I'd be happy if they faded away to obscurity, and the medium switch to non-superhero genres.
>>
>>87001358
Fuck you I don't want that shit in my /aco/ drawthread. Fucking hell they're always spamming that because they know it's an evergreen.
>>
Can't stand 99% of cape comics because they have the blandest art imaginable, they're boring, they cross over too much, they're plot-driven rather than character-driven. Some that I've read and enjoyed are Samnee/Waid's Daredevil, Smith/Moore's All New Ghost Rider, and Ellis/Shalvey's Moon Knight.

Mainstream comics should hire character designers. Not all artists can design characters well.

Western cartoons have a long way to go in terms of catching up to the east, and while I get some people are frustrated with how slow progress has been, I think we're in the middle of a big boom of creativity right now, especially with so much young talent stepping into the spotlight lately.

SU is far from perfect but Rebecca Sugar's storytelling is really something unique and I appreciate her genuinity in everything she does. I know she's going to inspire a lot of young people to do great stuff someday.

People on /co/ need to step back and look at the big picture when they critique cartoons instead of declaring a cartoon irredeemable shit based on small flaws.

I like Kris Anka's designs well enough and I think his more masculine females are good to have around, in order to balance things out. Not every chick should look like a boring barbie doll with huge tits. I'd like to see women drawn in more different ways. but certainly not how Erica Henderson draws them

>>87000420
>The faggots who claim that it's ok to wanting to fuck a child character just because it's not real should be istant-ban or at least ignored. Fucking purge that thread already.
Seconded. Out of all the things I hate about /co/, this is #1.
>>
i think the best batman is the bats from Batman: The Brave and the Bold

it has the grey and blue outfit,, it has a lot of interaction with other dc heroes even the most obscure ones, and it also has flashback to his earlier years with the black outfit

he is what batman should be, a cool and just a bit serious guy that knows how to deal with evil without being edgy or emo
>>
>>86982333
>>87000227
I feel like anyone who believes this started v3 with Emerald Twilight, because not only was Jones' run actually really entertaining, but Emerald Twilight is an absurd character change is you read the lead up, and only makes much sense with Parallax possessing Hal.

That said, Hal Spectre was the most interesting thing to happen to the character and should have lasted much longer, or even possibly become the status quo.
>>
>>86983147
>The whole medium is that bad.
Yeah, it's pretty clear what you were referring to. Which, funnily enough, includes manga, since they still belong to the medium of comics.
>>
>>86980998
/pol/ doesn't invade this board. whenever anyone mentions anything that sounds conservative, the /co/mblr brigade - brought here by Steven Universe and shielded by the board's moderation - explodes.
Rebecca Sugar can have as many Sapphic themes as she likes, but it's all emotional-based writing and that's why so many people don't like the show.
Alex Hirsch isn't a bad guy, he just didn't let the people under him handle important aspects of Gravity Falls and burned himself out in the process of obsessing over the show. He burned himself out and just wanted out. That's why GF ended so poorly.
I like the Nutshack threads. The show was terrible but it reminds me of the old days when we would just screw around every now and again - like the "I gotta fart superbad" threads, or weekly cheesecake threads on Saturday.
/aco/ is a miserable failure because it doesn't allow shota or loli content.
I completely agree with >>86985096. /co/ never wants to talk about Venture Brothers, The Critic, Home Movies, or any other show like that. Instead they sperg out and make waifu threads for shit like The Loud House and Steven Universe.
That being said, I actually don't mind waifu threads.
The moderation for /co/ is absolutely terrible and their rule against general threads is just a way for them to delete anything they don't like.
I stopped coming to /co/ regularly in 2011 because boards like /b/ and /pol/ let you fuck around. The end of cheesecake and meme threads on /co/ destroyed board culture.
Alan Moore is 100% right that comics should explore sexuality, even at the risk of being called pornographic.
I liked Lost Girls for the story, not the sex.
>>
>>87001820
>Western cartoons have a long way to go in terms of catching up to the east, and while I get some people are frustrated with how slow progress has been, I think we're in the middle of a big boom of creativity right now, especially with so much young talent stepping into the spotlight lately.

I agree, it's a start. Ironically it's probrably thanks to the horde of manchildern and tumblrinas who wants their cartoons to be taken seriously.
> Rebecca Sugar's storytelling is really something unique and I appreciate her genuinity in everything she does
The only problem is with the townie episodes. Not for the filler meme, but because at the beginning of the series we knew less than nothing about the world so the towns episodes were a way to introduce us to the world. The fact is that since they keep using the same characters it becomes boring in the long run. Also, placing them between the research of a giant six-armed abomination wandering in the sea kinda makes you question their priorities.
>>
>>87001820
>I like Kris Anka's designs well enough and I think his more masculine females are good to have around
I completely agree.

>in order to balance things out. Not every chick should look like a boring barbie doll with huge tits.
That's my problem with Marvel. They went from "100% girls are sexy" to "100% girls are non-sexy and masculine". I'd enjoy if both types could coexist, and lots of other types too. But alas, "muh politics" don't work that way.

In general,
>I'd like to see women drawn in more different ways.
This.
>>
File: that's a no for me dog.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
that's a no for me dog.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>87001917
>/aco/ is a miserable failure because it doesn't allow shota or loli content.

jesus christ no
>>
>>87001917
People here don't understand shitposting and they think it's /pol/

[spoiler>]/aco/ is a miserable failure because it doesn't allow shota or loli content.
Fuck you.

>I completely agree with >>86985096. /co/ never wants to talk about Venture Brothers, The Critic, Home Movies, or any other show like that. Instead they sperg out and make waifu threads for shit like The Loud House and Steven Universe.
Heck they don't even want to read a comic that isn't american.
Alan Moore is 100% right that comics should explore sexuality, even at the risk of being called pornographic.
you kinda need to be a big name to pull something like that, but I agree.
>>
>>87001820
>I like Kris Anka's designs well enough and I think his more masculine females are good to have around, in order to balance things out. Not every chick should look like a boring barbie doll with huge tits. I'd like to see women drawn in more different ways.
But that's not what happens. They de-sexify pretty much all female heroines, even those that were always sex symbols. I'm okay with variety, I'm not okay with how we aren't allowed to have sex symbol ladies anymore
>>
>>87002058
Worst thing is they'll probably tell you in response something on the line of:
>But anon, how can you take them seriously while they're wearing a swimsuit?
>>
>>87002010
I disagree. So many Western cartoons depict underage cartoon characters and porn of them is going to happen. They require some sort of containment and /b/ isn't the correct answer.
>People here don't understand shitposting and they think it's /pol/
Yeah, it kind of seems that way. Anything post that's done for humor is immediately derided because there are lots of new users who aren't accustomed to 4chan yet. That's my take on it, anyway.
>Heck they don't even want to read a comic that isn't american.
I love my Western comics and graphic novels, but /co/ doesn't seem to want to talk about any Western comics other than cape comics - which I hate. It's unfortunate.
>you kinda need to be a big name to pull something like that, but I agree.
I think too many artists these days - in comics, movies, literature, video games, you name it - worry too much about what critics will think of their content. If what you've made is objective garbage, like fanfiction tier writing, then that's bad and you should feel bad. Other than that, people should do what they want to express.
>>
>>87002098
forgot to link >>87002019 in my second batch of replies
>>
>>87002091
Which is a fucking double standard.

>real life woman wears something skimpy
We should take women seriously and respect them no matter how they dress! Stop slutshaming!
>fictional woman wears something skimpy
How can you take her seriously and respect her when she's dressed like a stripper?
>>
>>87002069
Did the mods seriously fucking delete another post critical of Steven Universe's writing?
Grow the fuck up you insufferable cunts.
>>
>>87002058
>I'm okay with variety, I'm not okay with how we aren't allowed to have sex symbol ladies anymore
I get that it seems like this because of the frequency of backlash against sexualized designs, but we still have a ton of sexy ladies. The less sexy ones just stand out more because it's a pretty new thing. I mean, the trend only started a handful of years ago, didn't it? That's compared to decades of nothing but sexy ladies. That's why I don't mind the less sexy ones lately. The ratio is still uneven.

>>87002091
Don't make assumptions. You're going to start looking like those people who make up situations to be offended in and make a strawman comic about it.
>>
>>87002171
>The ratio is still uneven.
How the fuck is the ratio still uneven? What sex symbol ladies are left? They even turned Vampirella into a modestly dressed Buffy clone. Who are the "ton of sexy ladies" you're talking about? Most female superheroes nowadays are drawn with either average or masculine bodies, and wear full-covering suits and casual wear. What kind of parallel world are you living in?
>>
>>87002171
>we still have a ton of sexy ladies. The less sexy ones just stand out more because it's a pretty new thing.
I WISH it were that way. I WISH they could let modest-looking women and sexy-looking women coexist. But that's not how it is.
>>
>>87001389
>>86985298
nice samepost
>>
>>87002171
>we still have a ton of sexy ladies
>The less sexy ones just stand out more
are you still living in 2014?
>>
>>87002223
The ratio is still uneven because, like I said, we're comparing a handful of years of development (we can say the "progressive" trend exploded about ~5 years ago, roughly?) to actual decades of comic history. So we're comparing ~5 years of less sexy women to 40+ years of sexy women.

Sexy is subjective sometimes but when I'm talking about sexy I mean the intent of the creators, which you can see in the way they're dressed or drawn, you know what I mean. I can't name all of them obviously but here are some modern ones who have not been de-sexified (correct me if I'm wrong on any of these btw, I don't keep up with all the reboots and #1s lately):
>Starfire
>Powergirl
>Emma Frost
>Harley Quinn
>Elektra
>Zatanna
>Scarlet Witch
>Red Sonja
>Psylocke
>Black Cat
>Black Canary
>Catwoman
>Storm
>Huntress
>Namora
>Wonder Woman
>>
>>87001790
>Fuck you I don't want that shit in my /aco/ drawthread.
I was talking about the whole board and not just one thread you lurk in. Fetishfags need to stay on /aco/ where they belong.
>>
>>87002568
>So we're comparing ~5 years of less sexy women to 40+ years of sexy women.
That's bullshit reasoning. So what, just because 30 years ago there were comics with sexy women, now we have to endure 40 years of comics without sexy women whatsoever? I'm talking about current comics when I say I want to see both modest and sexy women in them, not something by John Byrne.

Some of the heroines you mentioned (e.g. Power Girl) are currently sexy, despite constant attempts to desexify them, others (Scarlet Witch) were successfully desexified, and some (Namora) just appear too rarely. The remaining sexy heroines are a very rare sight nowadays.
>>
>>87000232
Well it is not like /m/ is any better than /a/ and you can already have /m/ threads on /a/ too.
>>
>>87002802
But you can have fetish threads on /a/ but not in /co/
>>
>>87002568
>not reading comics
>not knowing who has been redesigned

>but totally sure that there are still "tons of sexy women" in comics

I like how you sexy-haters always, always use outdated data to try to prove your point. It's always either the 90s, or the 00s, it's never 2016.
>>
>>87003066
/a/ is different from all boards on 4chan because they has been coddled by their mods for so long. To compare any board to /a/ is foolish.
>>
>>86985294
even the Simpsons? fite me irl
>>
>>86985339
Spidey holds himself back in most of his fights, so it's not inconceivable he could face some villains that are above street-level threats. Dude beat the shit out of Firelord once.
>>
>>87002568
>actual decades of comic history
>40+ years of sexy women
wow

you guys always said you just want current comics to have more diverse female designs
now it turns out you want some sort of reparations for what happened back in the 80s? wtf?

how do 80s sexy designs even affect you in 2016? 80s sexy designs don't exist in current comics, they're only in reprints, 99% current comic readers don't have to deal with them
>>
>>87002098
>So many Western cartoons depict underage cartoon characters and porn of them is going to happen.
This is true. But most of the people are not into loli and shit like that and they are not attracted to a character because she's 14, but for their personality. Besides, they always say they are 14 but in most cases behave like 17 if not even more mature individual. They set the bar age there in order to make the corporate suit happy for their demographics. Besides, most of the animation styles leave freedom for interpreting the age of a character if it's not supposed to be a child or an adult. Then there is also the all "they grew up with me like childhood friends" thing.
Also Fuck you.
Thread posts: 530
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.