[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Season 3 basically made a point of killing off every threat.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 304
Thread images: 56

File: vlcsnap-2016-08-05-11h51m53s60.png (123KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-08-05-11h51m53s60.png
123KB, 640x360px
Season 3 basically made a point of killing off every threat.

>Peridot fully reformed
>Malachite destroyed
>Lapis is mostly sane now
>The Cluster bubbled
>Bismuth introduced then offed in same episode
>Jasper corrupted and destroyed
>Rubies flung into space

Was this bold or stupid?
>>
It's tumblr.
>>
File: 1476125668727.jpg (35KB, 353x314px) Image search: [Google]
1476125668727.jpg
35KB, 353x314px
>>86943973
Why does this shoe upset you guys so much? I just wanted to talk about Season 3
>>
>>86943886
Yeah, season 4 is going to be SoL shenanigans while Steven deals with what happened, grows and matures, so that shit can go all to hell in the finale. Think season 1a.
>>
>>86943886
Homeworld wasn't destroyed.
But I don't know if Yellow Diamond would retaliate for this. All that happened to her was that a Kindergartner rebelled, an informant left her custody, an experienced war veteran was corrupted, a squad of soldiers were lost in action, the production of a geoweapon was permanently halted, and she was called a nigger by a midget. She also lost some ships.
>>
>>86944122
Terrible
SUGAR A HACKETTE
>>
>>86943886
I kind of like it, we're back to not knowing what's coming next for the first time since season one basically and I feel ready to be blindsided by something again. I guess it largely depends on how the rest of the season four plays out
>>
File: VaporWave Kevin.png (1MB, 1027x639px) Image search: [Google]
VaporWave Kevin.png
1MB, 1027x639px
>>86943886
>Steven forgives not one, but multiple gems that have tried to kill him with no mercy
>fucking hates some rich kid just because he was creeping on him when transformed into a girl
What made Kevin the exception when all the thing he wanted to do was get in Stevonnie's pants
>>
>>86944068
just report him
>>
File: comblr.gif (877KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
comblr.gif
877KB, 375x304px
>>86943973
tumblr gets ass blasted more about this show
>>
>>86944206
He was hitting on his waifu
>>
Stupid.
Sugar doesn't want the show to have a central plot but a whole bunch of problem that help culminate and explain the lore and develop characters.

Problem is is that these may suffer from having the Adventure Time effect where problems are introduced and unsatisfyingly get resolved later on quickly.

Also while the early seasons were great for revealing character drama and secrets, they're not really developing the main gems. Peridot seems to be the most developed over time and Lapis/Jasper are close seconds in a subtler way but the main Gem's don't really learn much. An example is how in Mr. Greg we are led to believe that Pearl has finally forgiven Greg for being the one Rose chose and she finally getting ever Rose, but then several episodes later Pearls falls in love with a random woman not because of her personality or anything but because she looked like exactly like Rose and nothing else, so she hasn't remotely let go.

The most ironic character development by far though was the Pearl/Garnet fusion "arc" (if you could call it that) where Pearl manipulates Garnet to fuse with her and Amethyst says something on the lines of "real life doesn't end up with a clean happy ending" or whatever, just for a couple episodes later Garnet forgives her and nothing was really leanrt or changed.
>>
Remember that season 2 and 3 were originally one long season. At that point, they probably didn't know if they were getting a third season, so they wanted to wrap up all of the major plot points. There's still lingering shit going on in the background, but that would have been a clean enough ending if the show had stopped there.
>>
>>86944206

Steven deals very well with personal affronts, but when Kevin creeped on Stevonnie, he was by extension causing Connie distress, and Steven was privy to that distress on an intimate level because they were fused.

Steven doesn't get angry when he's targeted, he gets angry when the people he loves are targeted.
>>
>>86944271
>because she looked like exactly like Rose and nothing else, so she hasn't remotely let go.

She has a crush on a new girl. Sure, she has a type, but she's into Mystery Girl. That's moving on if I've ever seen it Anon.
>>
>>86943886
>resolving plotlines is bad

It's doing exactly what other shows (Gravity Falls) didn't do: Actually providing closure for shit.

Right now it seems boring because we're like 4 episodes into a new season that still needs to develop its primary arc.
>>
>>86944256
>>86944348
Yeah but he shows some serious hate towards the guy and his transgression wasn't even that serious. Steven never once told him to fuck off, he just rolled with it like some tsundere and danced like an autist until it freaked Kevin out.
Lapis Literally tried drowning Connie and Steven forgave almost immediately.
>>
It opens up the show to deal with smaller and more personal conflicts, so that we can see Steven mature and grow more confident with his role and powers, before YD shows up with the stompfest.
>>
>>86944397
That's like saying "I'm moving on from my ex girlfriend who I've obsessed over for years by finding someone who looks exactly like her".

It's not remotely moving on, if anything it just highlights how insane she is.
>>
>>86944166
That's kind of a lot of shit, considering she probably always snuffs out her enemies with ease
>>
>>86943886
I'll withhold judgement 'till we see how they deal with the Diamonds. They'll either shit it up or narrow the focus on one main big bad guy.
>>
>>86944453
Baby steps anon, Pearl is a mess
>>
>>86944453
It's still moving on. Not the healthiest way of doing it, but at least she's putting herself out there again.
>>
File: 1475426174858.png (446KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475426174858.png
446KB, 1920x1080px
>>86944453
i think it's great
>>
File: 1464378273866.jpg (110KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
1464378273866.jpg
110KB, 500x620px
>>86944068
I like the show but Season 3 has been more or less a dissapointment
>>
>>86944417
>It's doing exactly what other shows (Gravity Falls) didn't do: Actually providing closure for shit.

gf had closure for pretty much every relevant thing
>>
>>86944271
You make some good points, but the whole part where nothing is learned about the whole Pearl/Garnet. I think it was mostly for the audience. For me, Garnet seem not to display a lot of emotion or rather she had great control over it. Those episodes show that she does go through a lot but hides it well. She couldn't keep it together. It also reveals a dark nature to Pearl and Amethyst that they seem to crave power. This could play some part later on.
>>
>>86944206
Steven was used as nothing more than mouthpiece for a very boring episode
>>
>>86944420
I blame puberty
I was definitely angrier than that over stupider shit
>>
>>86943886
Neither. This is pretty standard storytelling. They're gearing up for the real conflict now.
>>
>>86944420
I think the reason he did that because he spent the day with her. He had some emotion connection with her. Also the fact that she wanted him to come with her, gave Steven a clue that she some what cared for him, but I get what you're saying though.
>>
>>86944616
I think that's the case.
That or Kevin is just a character based on someone the writer hates.
>>
>>86944206
None of the other villains wanted to fuck him.
>>
File: tumblr_nxawr9VagD1uvdl5lo1_1280.png (182KB, 630x686px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxawr9VagD1uvdl5lo1_1280.png
182KB, 630x686px
Please just cancel this show already
>>
File: 7b2.jpg (330KB, 1211x1000px) Image search: [Google]
7b2.jpg
330KB, 1211x1000px
>>86944206
the writers may not clever enough to realize this, this probably happened on complete accident
but Kevin is an ultimate contrast to Steve/Stevonnie
they share a color scheme to show that they are someway similar, and even
>Steven + Connie = Stevonnie
>Connie + Steven = Ceven = Kevin
kinda dumb there but why not

but Steven has the literal power to get into people's head, without their consent, but they become better for it and he's nice about it
Kevin gets into people's heads because they let him, and he fucks with them

Steven is nice to everyone, Kevin is a jerk because he thinks its funny

from what i interpret by the writers is that Kevin is basically that pickup artist that they wish they could have told off, i doubt there was any man like this in their life rather just a power fantasy for them to beat this kind of guy, in their view the worst kind of guy
Kevin is basically the worst aspects of masculinity to them, maybe just masculinity in general as Kevin doesn't really do anything that bad

however Steven's ultimate journey as a hero is to embrace the powers of femininity and to keep his innocence in an increasingly darkening world.
he doesn't really reject masculinity or become that different that many times in the show though (in a way Steven is a reversed roll of the coming of age hero, rather becoming a man he will become a woman)

Kevin is also the first antagonist to make Steven act differently, rather try to make friends with him he instead tries to fight him only to learn fighting him is a mistake
Kevin is Steven's rejection of masculinity, Kevin i's Steven's first real challenge in his hero's journey.

tl;dr Kevin is Steven Universe greatest villain
>>
>>86944556
anon

this is a blue board

not /trash/
>>
>>86945014
>>Connie + Steven = Ceven = Kevin
>>
Eyeball heard rumors of the return of the Crystal Gems spreading through HW forces. Both Peridot's mission to check on the Cluster and the Rubies mission to check on Jasper failed to report in. In just the past few years they've lost 8 gems, a Warship, a Redeye, a Roaming Eye, and a planet-sized geoweapon because of these failed Earth missions

Yellow Diamond is going to send more competent gems. Or one of the Diamonds is going to come herself. Blue Diamond may want her Palanquin back
>>
>>86945014
You're right.
It is dumb.
>>
>>86945014
>the writers may not clever enough to realize this, this probably happened on complete accident
>but Kevin is an ultimate contrast to Steve/Stevonnie

Or maybe that's because Kevin was the original design for the Steven/Connie fusion before they decided to make it a dickgirl.
>>
>>86945014
Kevin just comes off as a bit obnoxious, which is typical of rich kids. He doesn't do anything that bad for the most part. In his perspective, he sees a hot girl he wants to fuck. So he does what he thinks is going to win her over.
Then here comes Steven acting like he's hitler or something with " i hate kevin reeeeeeeeeee"
>>
>>86944594
Pretty much yeah. Unless you're a Dipper/Pacifica shipper.
>>
>>86945132
well whatever they used the design to make a challenge to Steven
there's a reason why he's the only person Steven HATES
>>
>>86945161
Yes.
Storyboarder's write biases in there writing around there experiences and used the show as an outlet which also sacrificed character and actual quality.
>>
>>86945076
or she won't

because SU is a kid's show

and plot is not Sugar's main focus, it's feelings

feelings of a lover long lost
of not knowing your mother
of mothering
of growing up
of becoming part of a family
of becoming comfortable in your own skin, on your own planet, your identity

The methods she conveys these ideas are second to the ideas themselves. I'm sure YD will show up, but she's the main character being hinted at.

>>86945225
>>86944556
Are these going to be allowed because they're clothed?
>>
>>86944453
Bro every single one of my girlfriends has had dyed hair, and been shorter than me. I've moved on from each of them. It's just called having a type.
>>
>>86945266
we'll know if they aren't deleted posts
>>
File: kevinsreturn.png (262KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
kevinsreturn.png
262KB, 630x354px
>>86945145
you forget the kind of people the writers are, for the kind of character Kevin is to show up in SU, he's more than just a pickup artist, he's got to be the worst kind of person in the world of SU, the only person in the universe to not deserve Steven's friendship
>>86945231
which is why i feel Kevin's greatness as a character seems like complete accident. but it's fun to think Kevin as something more than he really is
>>
>>86945341
>but it's fun to think Kevin as something more than he really is
It's not, and he's no more of a better character then Lars.
>>
>>86943886
I dont know but I love lesbians
>>
File: tumblr_nwunvkIp3N1uetxa6o1_1280.png (356KB, 724x487px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwunvkIp3N1uetxa6o1_1280.png
356KB, 724x487px
BUT WHO IS THE TOP GEM!!!!
>>
>>86945426
Lars isn't really a villain, he's just a counter to Steven in the same vain as Squidward is to Spongebob
Lars journey as a character is to become less of a dick because of Steven's influence. Despite every episode featuring Lars you learn he's a worse person than he was in the last
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-NF1x_DV88
>>
>>86945517
Kevin however doesn't get redemption like Lars, he's the worst person in the world because he is a "MAN"
>>
File: 53a.png (39KB, 579x612px) Image search: [Google]
53a.png
39KB, 579x612px
>>
>>86945517
>Despite every episode featuring Lars you learn he's a worse person than he was in the last
You're right.
Lars is actually a better character.

I hate him but we learn more and more about him, his life, his insecurities and so on. He's a vile person but we get into his head a couple times.

Kevin shows up and is deemed worse then Hitler because ???
>>
>>86945708
apparently because he wanted to fuck Stevonnie and that's it.
>>
>>86945708
>Kevin shows up and is deemed worse then Hitler because ???
because he is a "MAN" but in a way, Steven's greatest villain in context of the show
the Diamonds are really Rose's and the Crystal Gem's villain, Steven only inherits that
Steven's villain is the prospect of masculinity
keep up with anon
>>
File: Connie Drowning.png (279KB, 794x606px) Image search: [Google]
Connie Drowning.png
279KB, 794x606px
>>86944206
And yet Steven forgave Lapis for nearly drowning Connie..Hmm
>>
>>86945734
bingo. being an alpha no matter how douchey with sexual advancement on a woman who doesn't want it sets off triggers in the views who identify with fictional characters
>>
>>86945734
>Trying to get some tail at club makes you the worst person ever
Yeah, meanwhile it's been implied Lars fucked Sadie once and is using her niceness and the fact she likes him as a way to get her to do his job.

Inversely, Sadie kidnapped both Lars and Steven and forced them to live in a uninhabited Island for weeks just to get Lars.

But nah, forgive and forget. Kevin though? FUCK Kevin.
>>
>>86945517
>Despite every episode featuring Lars you learn he's a worse person than he was in the last

How Saddie? she basically raped Lars in that island episode
>>
>>86945014
>yfw Kevin sides with homeworld
>>
>>86943886
There's still the Diamonds
>>
>>86945853
>meanwhile it's been implied Lars fucked Sadie once
how?
>>
>>86945862
according the hacks at CN if a man does this he's absolute evil, but if a woman does it they should be forgiven
We Bare Bears had the same episode of a person trapping someone they loved on an island, but with a man doing it
>>
>>86945853
Lars and Sadie are both infinitely worse people than Kevin.
>>
>>86945894
The fire doughnut episode, where they spent all night playing "vidya". The way she says it and the poster of the actual episode made it fairly clear they fucked.
>>
>>86945930
not in the context of the show
>>
>>86945905
I was going to say a thing, but then I thought about both episodes.

I think thats more of a SU writers problem, I consider myself a pretty forgiving person, but I couldnt, and I doubt anybody could, forgive someone for trapping them for god knows how long on an island and hiding the one thing that could get them off.

I completely forgot how Sadie was let off the hook for that shit, thats scummy no matter who does it.
>>
File: 1427346457664.jpg (307KB, 888x666px) Image search: [Google]
1427346457664.jpg
307KB, 888x666px
I hate to say this, but this really reeks of tumblr writing.

>we can't have an overarching plot with actual threats, that would be problematic and reinforcing of rape culture
>we need to reform all the bad guys and make them nice and happy, no threats allowed
>everything needs to be about crying and singing and feelings, and safe spaces. can't have anyone go outside their comfort or have any risks
>muh pronouns and gender classifications
>these space faring tyrants want to kill me? Let's make up with them and be friends. This one guy asked me out? THAT'S LITERALLY RAPE! HE'S WORSE THAN THE DEVIL
>etc

You know Yellow Diamond is gonna go down the exact same way. It's gonna be hammy speech about the sanctity of life, and she'll be like "wow I didn't check my privilege, how toxic of me." And then she'll go off and everything will be happily ever after. Or worse yet, it'll be some big generic problem that steven bubbles away, and then everyone is happy.

I wish this wasn't so, but Rebecca has shown to be really bad in terms of writing even one-off episodes, let alone larger plots. To ask me to put faith in this woman's ability to write is stretching my patience for the show quite a bit.
>>
>>86944931
As far as we know
>>
Honestly how Steven handled the Cluster was anticlimactic, and really pissed me off. I was expecting there to be atleast an arc with several episodes dedicated to stopping it, but instead we get it wrapped up in the most passive way possible in the same episode it was revealed.
>lol the cluster didn't want to awaken so it bubbled itself !!! XD
Fuck you sugar and fuck cartoon network.
>>
>>86945800
Lapis doesn't know that drowning humans is bad for them. It's like when Peridot pushed Greg off the roof.
>>
>>86946057
If rebecca doesn't end the show with Steven not being able to befriend Yellow Diamond, thus ending up having to shatter her, I will be mildly disappointed.

I'm still waiting for the "some people just cannot be reasoned with" thing.

And dont say that already happened with Jasper and the Rubies, the stakes werent big enough for me. And I still think they can be redeemed.
>>
>>86946173
And Kevin didn't know Stevionna was two kids in a trench coat, your point?
>>
>>86946173
There's a good chance she knew m8.
>hey humans are fragile and weak and they are annoying the fuck out of me
>let me submerge the part of their body they use to breathe completely in water
>>
>>86946057
>we need to reform all the bad guys and make them nice and happy, no threats allowed
This is something that bothers me, too. If you try to suggest that Jasper had a fitting "death" and it would be satisfying for her to stay gone, everyone takes offense to it. They really, really want her to come back and play house with the other gems for some reason.
>>
>>86946019
its mostly because Steven Universe is more episodic than people really think it is
despite what happens in one episode things go back to normal in the next for a lot of the episodes, especially the towniee episodes
>>
File: Jaspair.jpg (1MB, 5200x3542px) Image search: [Google]
Jaspair.jpg
1MB, 5200x3542px
Currently Jasper
>>
>>86946196
I don't think Yellow Diamond's gonna be the final boss, although I wouldn't be surprised if Steven had to shatter a gem at some point. We still no nothing about White Diamond outside of a very general appearance, it seems like they're keeping her in the shadows for some reason.
>>
>>86946227
Considering she knows something important about Rose Quartz AND the death of Pink Diamond there is a good chance she is going to come back. Not just because she is a fan favorite.
>>
>>86945871
more like he's gonna fuck Yellow Diamond
>>
>>86946263
At this point White Diamond seems to be the real final boss.
>>
The problem with Kevin is that you can see the sort of person he's supposed to represent (someone unapologetically nasty and predatory but also blessed with money and good looks and unshakably confidence and so basically untouchable) but they couldn't commit to writing him as either genuinely mean enough or properly unflappable enough to sell it; he was fine in Alone Together because they didn't really dwell on him and so all that was there was the implication of the sort of person he's supposed to be but when they actually have to write him as a character in Beach City Drift it's a bit of let-down because they couldn't bring themselves to admit that in real life Kevin always wins
>>
>>86946210
How is she supposed to know humans use their heads for breathing? Gems don't.
>>
File: 1452372513650.png (22KB, 428x410px) Image search: [Google]
1452372513650.png
22KB, 428x410px
>>86946275
>implying implications
>>
File: 1440027455693.jpg (135KB, 516x756px) Image search: [Google]
1440027455693.jpg
135KB, 516x756px
so when's the next ep?
>>
I really hope things get interesting again when the hiatus ends.

The recent episodes after Bismuth have been a complete snooze fest except for Mindful Education or Last One out of Beach City
>>
>>86946351
BOOTY BUTT BOOTY BUTT BOOTY BUTT CHEEKS!
>>
>>86946267
They could just as easily introduce a new character for that, like that "this is obviously going to be a character" yellow gem in Centipeedle's flashback.
>>
>>86946284
I don't even know about that, but I worry about them stretching the show out thin if there is a threat behind her. That'd require either serious buildup or basically none, and one threatens to make the show go on too long while the other threatens to give the finale basically no payoff.

Also why did I type no instead of know kill me.
>>
>>86946351
November, sometime in November.

Steven tries to hug a sentient pumpkin while covered in pumpkin guts
>>
>>86946320
Because she was apart of Blue Diamond's court when the Gem war broke out? That war had humans fighting in it too you know. Gems may not everything about humans, but they should know how to kill them.
>>
>>86946351
There's a half-hour special in November about farming, but no word on if new episodes are "starting up" again or if they just want to air it in fall because it's about pumpkins.
>>
>>86945800
While Steven doesn't seem to hold grudges when it comes to actual mortal peril, hurt feelings grant instant entry onto his shit list.

It's a retarded yet consistent aspect of his character.
>>
>>86946263
even if Yellow Diamond isnt the final boss, I want it pretty much beaten into Steven's head that you can't save everybody, and thus realizing why Rose supposedly shattered a diamond.

If he goes through the entire series without any sort of major conflict,personal or external, and I mean on a bigger scale than the rubies and Jasper, I'd be sorta upset.

but thats just what I want, I just don't want him to coast through life thinking he can just shed some tears and everything's fine.
>>
File: 1452461932740.png (307KB, 1239x1638px) Image search: [Google]
1452461932740.png
307KB, 1239x1638px
>>86946446
>>86946406

thanks anons

I'll take what I can get

>>86946351

is this image cropped? I never knew
>>
yes, the show is badly written, badly designed, time to stop talking about it
>>
>>86946505
Nice bait, here's your (you)
>>
File: 1459697951979.png (51KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
1459697951979.png
51KB, 500x314px
>AT finally shitting out

what are you going to do with your massive SU fan art folders once the show is done?
>>
>>86946325
>those sweatdrops
>YD and Renaldo fake being in love to prevent intergalactic restaurant war
>they kiss
>right as Jane visits to borrow the Koala-hime OAVs
>Keep Beach City Single all over again
>>
>>86946227
No dude. It's just obvious that her story isn't done and everything about her last episode, and Sugar's comments about her, suggest that. You think it's a mistake that she gets continuously brought up in later episodes too? Learn how to decipher basic storytelling and stop acting like it's just Jasper fans who think she'll be back.
>>
>>86946505
FUCK YOU, YOU STUPID NIGGER I HATE YOU SO MUCH FOR TRASH TALKING MY FUCKING FAVORITE SHOW YOU MOTHERFUCKING COCK SUCKING FAGGOT CHEWING OCARINA OF KIKES SHIT EATER TRUCK FISTING SPIC MAGNET DOUCHEFAG QUEER CRACKING DUCK RAPING ANAL SPELUNKING DOG KISSING SON OF BITCH CRIPPLEKIKE GODDAMN NORMIES NEED TO FUCKING KILL THEMSELVES BEFORE THEY WRECK THEMSELVES AND GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1444180478892.gif (187KB, 672x806px) Image search: [Google]
1444180478892.gif
187KB, 672x806px
>>86946571
dare you enter my crystal sanctum?
>>
>>86944206
hatred can't always be explained, sometimes you just hate certain people more than others and can't articulate why
>>
>>86946701
thats dumb but whatever
>>
>>86946197
Being a dick to someone isn't excused if you just don't know who they are. Being sleazy to someone is sleazy no matter who that person is.

Comparatively, Lapis encasing someone's head in water is different in that it does matter whether that person is a gem or not, since she wouldn't know that encasing a human's head in water could kill them when it is only inconvenient to a gem.
>>
>>86946445
>That war had humans fighting in it too you know
?
>>
>>86946445
She wasn't a warrior, she was just on the planet. She wouldn't have needed to know how to kill a human.
>>
>>86946645
That same anon has been spouting this exact same thing for months. Don't bother arguing with him.
>>
>>86946374
Agree
>>86946057
Also agree

This doesn't get too hamfisted except for in a few places, Kevin is a key example. The moral of not even giving those people your time is fine, but at the same time he's such a PUA strawman it's kind of gross, especially because characters who are actually physically violent are given far more chance of redemption.

Like imagine I made a cartoon with a whiny bluehaired so-and-so and named it, idk, Rhonda Cinnamon, then gave her no redeeming attributes and basically had the writing team piss in her face. I get that Kevin is supposed to be an asshole Roosh V type, but really all you're doing is fantasizing about standing up to your high school bully, which we know you didn't and won't.

I enjoy the show a lot but yes I agree as well probably the most annoying aspect is the need to give every character and every problem the most saccharine and harmless resolution possible, it really is one big gay rainbow hugbox
>>
>>86946057
>You know Yellow Diamond is gonna go down the exact same way.
i honestly doubt this, i've never seen a freiza tier villain reformed
>"wow I didn't check my privilege, how toxic of me.
toxic is a big word nowadays huh? i see it all the time
>>
>>86946294
>>86946294
THIS A THOUSAND TIMES

In order to really make this kind of a character work you need to make the audience really hate them either by displaying
A)Cruelty
or
B)Just like A1 levels of douchey arrogance or stupidity

And the thing is the writers of this show are trying too hard to be cute and cuddly to allow this to happen, so we have kind of a half-formed character who ALMOST serves his purpose.
>>
>>86943886
Bismuth, Jasper and the Cluster were all bubbled though, not destroyed or their conflicts resolved.

This show has long established that 'bubbling' is by no means a solution, and only a temporary (though long term) fix to the problems the Crystal Gems face.
>>
>>86943886
No because they are going to be redeemed or will go rogue when homeworld attacks for real with something nasty. Also the Rubies were only ever a threat because they could call homeworld.
>>
>>
>>86944206
Because he picked it up from his girlfriend Connie while fused. Those aren't emotions Steven normally has. Connie impressed her feelings onto Steven, and he, having so little experience with such, went overboard as usual.
>>
>>86943886
Take a moment to think of just
Sensibility, Love, and Diamond Authority heading to Earth as we Speak.
>>
>>86944206
The part of Steavonnie that was Connie didnt mind being flirted with as much as Steven who felt violated by it. Think if you woke up tomorrow exactly the same but everyone you didnt know saw you as a hotass girl.
>>
>>86943886
well it is the "kid solves everything through friendship and existence" show.
>>
Are we sure Lapis even intended for the water clone Steven to try and murder the real Steven? Seems more like a watermelon person run amok than stone cold murder on the part of lapis.
>>
>>86947071
"There are no winners in war, kiddo. Gems were destroyed. Humans too!"
-Greg universe discussing the Gem War with Steven
>>
>>86948196
That doesn't confirm that humans were fighting in the war. At most, it confirms there were human casualties.
>>
>>86947260
You mean, the popular rich guy they wanted but wouldn't spend serious time on them, but would fuck them for a one or "I'm horny and no one else is around" circumstances ? Yeah, that was obvious.
>>
>>86944206
steven shows sympathy towards people he sees the good in (whether or not it's justified).
>Lars
Steven being a naive kid mixed with them pseso-reconsiling in Lars and the Cool Kids (notice how Lars is a lot less directly a jerk towards steven post-LatCK)
>Lapis
Beach Summer Fun Buddy time
>Peridot
steven relative pre-catch and release sympathy towards peri is probably where you'd have a point
>Jasper
didn't actually start sympathizing with her until she starts getting corrupted
>Kevin
actually starts to sympathize with him when he pulls the sick little brother routine (until he reveals he's lying)
>>
>>86947991
Well, not quite - there's the one war gem who wanted to shatter peeps that he was unable to save, and instead just had to bubble. I'm hopeful they'll include a larger lesson on 'not every problem is solvable.'
>>
File: 1473630809749.png (275KB, 546x458px) Image search: [Google]
1473630809749.png
275KB, 546x458px
>>86944348
So he's a white knight.
>>
File: 1443678952237.jpg (41KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
1443678952237.jpg
41KB, 250x248px
>>86947949
I'm already fapping to the thought.
>>
>>86943886
Maybe Rebecca's going full end of evangelion this shit up the fucking wall.
>>
>>86943886
Can you stop with the shitposting bait threads?
>>
File: 1470574912750.jpg (195KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
1470574912750.jpg
195KB, 517x768px
>>86944166
>called a nigger by a midget
>>
>>86944206
Anything that involves Connie goes to shit in this show

Everyone else is at fault always
>>
File: 1469155556254.png (74KB, 180x187px) Image search: [Google]
1469155556254.png
74KB, 180x187px
>>86948408

Pretty much. You can imagine him saying this to Connie.

>"don't worry m'lady, I'll save you from this cis white male who dared to encroach upon you"
>>
>>86946173
Then why else would she do that head-bubble attack?
>>
I feel mixed, I think the biggest problem was Jasper/Malachite built up to be nothing, but everyone else was pretty good

Except the cluster
>>
>>86948789
That anon is either baiting or retarded. Of course Lapis knew that humans needed air to live otherwise she wouldn't have tried drowning both Steven and Connie
>>
>>86946173
Why else would she choose to grab them by their heads?
>>
File: 1469650698194.png (114KB, 524x495px) Image search: [Google]
1469650698194.png
114KB, 524x495px
>>86943886
There's still these guys, but I don't think the Crystal Gems care as long as they stay away from MUH EARF.
>>
>>86948843
To be fair, I don't think we're done with the tension between Lapis and Jasper. But Malachite herself felt like kind of a cop out after all that build up. I wasn't expecting her to go down in one episode or at least I thought she'd be a more imminent threat when they faced her again. Not just on some island randomly.
>>
>>86948789
>>86948925
>>86948970
She trapped the Rubies in water too and obviously wasn't trying to drown them.
>>
>>86949385
Did she trap them by their heads?
>>
>>86949412
Their heads were in the water.
>>
>>86947889
This was my guess - if Steven met him as himself could have possibly made Kevin into 'Lars 2' - getting into shenanigans and keeping Kevin from getting his mack on while trying to be friends.
>>
>>86949385
Is "our" Ruby special or how come the Rubies couldn't just boil their way out of the water?
>>
>>86946057
I feel like all of the gems will try to reform YD because they all think it's what Rose would want

but then Steven finds out she's about to genocide the planet or shatter all her own gems just to beat the crystal gems and he will shatter YD to stop her
>>
>>86948722
kek, I can hear it. God I hate this show.

Why do I keep watching it?
>>
>>86944122
>Yeah, season 4 is going to be SoL shenanigans while Steven deals with what happened, grows and matures,
>grows and matures,

Is that truly happening though?
Shouldn't Steven look a little older than?
>>
>>86945800
>>86946173

Considering the fact that she knew it would stop Connie from moving and can see it could hurt her (as opposed to a Gem where they would probably be more annoyed than anything and not completely immobile.) she probably knew.
>>
Honestly Season three basically made me drop the show. The Cluster arc was already anticlimactic but the way they wrote off all the plot threads and reaffirmed the status quo was the final straw. Lapis and Peridot being redeemed and put in the cast? Better put them in the barn away from the main group until we need them. Oh, and how about a few cute townie episodes that don't meaningfully involve the Gems in any meaningful way despite the recent numerous Gem-related incidents? Homeworld getting too close? Better get rid the Ruby team. Jasper as a villain at large? Nah. I could keep going on. The way the writers isolate the different groups in the show is just lazy.

Also Beach City Drift and The New Lars were possibly the worst episodes of the series. BCD for the wrong message. I had a bully like Kevin at my student job back in High School. Just a shmuck who was all trash talk. I tried ignoring him at first but he never backed off until I stood up for myself a few times. Even then he still bugged me occasionally, but the situation was much better. BCD teaches that if you ignore bullies they will magically go away, but in reality some people just like being assholes and you have to stand up for yourself. You don't even have to get in a fight to just stand your ground. The episode was right in saying that obsessing over some things ultimately won't matter in the end but for the climax it shifts all the blame on Kevin for the most bland anti-bullying message still told.
I didn't like TNL for one simple reason: What Steven did was wrong and he gets off the hook without even the slightest reprimand. Controlling a person's body and furthering your own sick dreams with it and almost destroying their relationships is just messed up. But it's okay when it's Lars because he's dick amiright? The show won't even bother to put Steven in a bad light when he does something worse than anything Kevin did.
>>
Leaked concept art from Season 7
>>
>>86949796
Yeah, it's been hard. When this show misses, it misses hard

pointless town episodes are usually good though. Onion gang was pretty dumb though
>>
>>86948375
>>Jasper
>didn't actually start sympathizing with her until she starts getting corrupted

Stevonnie seemed to be willing to forgive her if she apologized for her actions though, which was pretty weird. Stevonnie kept insisting that Jasper should apologize, but proceeded to kick her ass because she didn't.
>>
>>86947404
>i honestly doubt this, i've never seen a freiza tier villain reformed
Happens all the time in toku shows.
>>
File: 1451924896078.jpg (89KB, 861x990px) Image search: [Google]
1451924896078.jpg
89KB, 861x990px
>>86944206
Because Kevin is alpha as fuck while Steven is a beta cucklord
>>
File: tumblr_nrepn9tJ6H1rmgh0ao4_1280.jpg (540KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrepn9tJ6H1rmgh0ao4_1280.jpg
540KB, 1280x1280px
MAGISWORDS IS BETTER THAN THIS SHIT
>>
>>86943886
it was letting you know to drop the show
>>
>>86949839
This artist is pretty great, but his furry work is weird as hell.
>>
I'm honestly not sure why I still watch the show because I actually kind of hate it now. This season is awful.
>>
>>86949952
LOW STANDARDS

Pick better shows.
>>
>>86950144
I've just been very selective in the episodes I watch and get a general feel lately. Summer of Steven really burned me out.

Watching it for Greg Lapis Peridot and a few others mainly at this point

I avoid Connie episodes at all costs
>>
>>86949796
Oh god I forgot about The New Lars that episode was sick, like legit creepy, and nobody even bothers to reprimand Steven for it
>>
>>86945014
>Kevin is Steven's rejection of masculinity
Did you guys just have a bunch if problems getting your dads to like you or something?
>>
>>86944206
They needed Steven to freak out about a distinctly female issue rather than Connie to make the episode about jerks versus non-jerks rather than an issue of men vs women.
>>
>>86944206
Bad writing. This is the only answer. Anyone defending BCD is stupid.
>>
File: 1234132412421.png (311KB, 700x1192px) Image search: [Google]
1234132412421.png
311KB, 700x1192px
>>86943886
I'm still holding out a slim bit of hope that genocidal space giraffe can't be reformed and ends up being an actually competent villain instead of a meme face.
A very, very slim bit of hope
>>
File: Connie_by_the _Beach.jpg (798KB, 2404x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Connie_by_the _Beach.jpg
798KB, 2404x1631px
>>86944348
In other words, don't try to make a move on Connie and you won't incur Steven's wrath..
>>
File: 56420214_p1_master1200.jpg (175KB, 685x1072px) Image search: [Google]
56420214_p1_master1200.jpg
175KB, 685x1072px
>>86945266
Technically, the Gem are all naked.

>Just not PLAN naked, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>86944206
God you people are stupid. The whole point of the episode was Steven realizing that the one person he hated, he hated irrationally, and had to learn to get over it.

Kevin not deserving his hatred was THE POINT and Steven and Connie getting over it at the end was THE MORAL. Christ...
>>
>>86950250
>Lapis Peridot
Those are the worst

>Not Mindful Education
shut up
>>
File: Connie_Tongue Out.png (122KB, 540x416px) Image search: [Google]
Connie_Tongue Out.png
122KB, 540x416px
>>86951535
Ok Sugar...
>>
>>86951528
That's kind of hot in an freaky way.
>>
>>86951535
>Kevin not deserving his hatred was THE POINT and Steven and Connie getting over it at the end was THE MORAL.
Wrong. The point was that their emotions shouldn't be controlled by Kevin. They still thought he was a bad person even though he did next to nothing wrong in Alone Together.
>>
>>86946057
All I want is see them face a problem they can't poof away.
>>
>>86951619
Really? Did they finish off the episode by saying "You're a bad person and I refuse to let you use mind-control powers on me!!!" or did they try to shake his hand?
>>
>>86951743
>or did they try to shake his hand?
They did that knowing it would piss him off.
>>
File: 1432802231045.jpg (27KB, 300x392px) Image search: [Google]
1432802231045.jpg
27KB, 300x392px
>>86951961
>>
>>86944206
Steven is actually gay for Kevin but he doesn't want to admit it (because he probably doesn't even understand such a concept), and in his confusion it's why he's incredibly hostile towards him
>>
>>86951619
this

>>86951743
The point was to turn the other cheek. Forgive via forgetting.

For the reason Steven in particular freaked out see >>86950915
>>
Which gem would you guys rather sleep with?
>>
>>86943886
neither, it just set the stage for new threats to be introduced down the line
>>
>>86951619
The denial is strong in this one
>>
>>86943886
>Every threat

There are three Diamonds, anon.

They haven't even scratched the surface.
>>
>>86947991
None of the problems in the OP were solved through frienship excpet Peridot and Lapis though
>>
>>86944206
Because his episodes were written by Lauren Zuke, and every fucking episode she has written for boils down to her own personal fantasies where she self-inserts as Steven and/or any other "good guy" character. Kevin was created as her own antagonist.
>>
>>86948196
Why would gems ask for human assistance when even modern human tech can't match old gem tech like laser light cannons. And humans are squishy/weak.
>>
>>86954510
Considering the fate of their planet was at risk, why wouldn't humans join the war?

Also humans have been shown to capable of defeating gems if they are strong enough. Amethyst got her ass kicked by those bodybuilders in Tiger Millionaire, and Sadie was able to beat corrupted gem monster with a spear which was way bigger than her.
>>
i dont know how you people dont get bored of steven beating people with either words or some bullshit power

he either talks them down or in a moment of distress unleashes some epik power he didnt know he had to defeat them
>>
>>86949674
We are like 4 episodes into season 4
>>
File: 1455356820408.gif (942KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
1455356820408.gif
942KB, 500x399px
/o/tist here
I've only watched a couple eps my brother showed me and and YTPs of the show
I'm just really mad at that Initial D reference because the RX-7 expy was a fucking flappy paddle automatic and now I'm really scared of the next RX-7 being auto only
I guess it showed Kevin being more of a cuccboi if he's driving an autotragic Mazda
>>
>>86943886
incompetence is the real answer. Sugar was never a witter, and now that she's surrounded by numales and yes-men, it's not going away from happy-happy-joy-joy delusional garbage where evil doesn't exist and some fat kid tears can submit kings and tyrants. She is the sort of people that believe writing a rapist makes you a rapist, and it shows.
>>
>>86954563
I don't understand.
>>
>>86943886
Considering that pissing off Yellow Diamond has opened the floodgates for even more hostile gems to come to earth I don't think so, and YD herself is the biggest threat of all.

>>86944206
Connie doesn't have as calm a temperament as Steven and when they both fuse they share emotions, so Steven's initial reaction to Kevin was the same as Connie's and that stuck with him even when he was unfused.
>>
>>86954576
I'm just mad that the Initial D reference scene (when Stevonnie races Kevin I think) didn't accurately represent the spirit of my shitty CGI Chinese cartoons. Autistic, I know.
>>
>>86953543
The others don't care about the earth. And this one only cares because her nuke was there.
>>
>>86954563
Flappy paddle automatics make my dick sad, but it's pretty obvious that Kevin is a little bitch who bought all his speed and doesn't know jack shit about how to really do it
>>
>>86945014
>Kevin confirmed for Final Boss
>>
>>86946057
can you rewrite this without using one meme per line please?
>>
>>86944206
The gems had conviction, Kevin is just a wanker
>>
>>86947085
>>86946320
>>86949385
>A gem that can control water is sent to a planet with the majority of its mass covered by water .
>Also happens to have the majority of its inhabitants live near massive bodies of water.
>Said gem can control massive amounts of water with ease.
it makes sense that she was sent to either help build in places completely covered in water like the water temple and the Warp . but it's unlikely since she did arrive later during the war which makes sense that they had already built most of the places we saw .

which can mean that she was sent to fight in the war and probably drown massive human settelments near water bodies .
and this is lapis we're talking about , she probably knows better than to tell steven that her short visit was to "Drown" humans .
>>
>>86955496
Lapis is responsible for the Great Flood in Biblical times.
Screen cap this.
>>
>>86949599
All the rubies are very "special", which is probably why that didn't occur to them.
>>
It did feel a tad bit rushed how they tied up all those plot points, but hopefully they'll introduce another point of main conflict soon. The diamonds are presumably still around, along with whatever subordinates they may have.
>>
>>86943886
You misinterpret Steven Universe since it was never really about massive threats.
The real issue is probably more the gaps between airing. Idiots start building up hype like it's some big massive event then get disappointed when it doesn't live up to what they built up in their heads.
>>
>>86955630
Precisely
>>
>>86945132
Really? I can't look at Kevin the same if so.
>>
>>86946057
>we can't have an overarching plot with actual threats
aren't the diamonds coming back to earth the main threat?

that only happened to peridot and the cluster jasper corrupted herself and bismuth had to be bubbled after she tried to kill steven.

>these space faring tyrants want to kill me? Let's make up with them and be friends. This one guy asked me out? THAT'S LITERALLY RAPE! HE'S WORSE THAN THE DEVIL
I agree that some of the one off episodes were pretty bad but they don't fix all their problems with stupid speeches
>>
>>86947646
>shatter cluster with breaking point.

>use artificial fusion practices to restore cluster shards into their former selves
>>
>>86954645
They probably don't care about cars or Initial D.
>>
>>86944206
Connie's feelings on Kevin bled into Steven's mind while they were fused and lingered after they split.
>>
>>86956899
Connie's female emotions literally corrupted Steven's pure outlook on people
>>
>>86944233
B-buh I don't like this show!
It must be tumblr!
>>
>>86950487
What show do you think we're talking about here?
>>
>>86946173
>Lapisfags genuinely believe this
Lapis knows though. When she incapacitated the rubies she put them whole in the water bubble, but with humans she only bothered with the head bubble, because knew it's enough to kill them.

Intentional murder attempt, sadistic abuse etc, but it's nothing because she's blue and petite and wears a dress
>>
>>86945014
So the first post wasn't wrong.
>>
>>86948408
>>86948722
>>86949652

I don't get it, would you guys not be angry if some guy came up to your girlfriend/best female friend/sister or whatever and started creeping on them and making them blatantly unconfortable?
>>
File: SU_Connie_WHY.png (425KB, 880x730px) Image search: [Google]
SU_Connie_WHY.png
425KB, 880x730px
>>86956937
>female emotions literally corrupted Steven's pure outlook...
Is that the message we're taking from this episode?
>>
>>86944206
War is business. Some dude hitting on your woman is personal.

Beta faggot.
>>
>>86946263
>yfw white diamond is the original corrupted gem

but given homeworlds strict political structure, she's still technically in a position of absolute power, so the various other heavy political presences scrambled to puppet the now mindless white diamond and hoist her as a big brother figure for their own agenda

this sudden upheaval of government distribution caused homeworld to be the fucked up one we know today
>>
File: 1474302717949.jpg (77KB, 894x658px) Image search: [Google]
1474302717949.jpg
77KB, 894x658px
Last one out of Beach City was a garbage forced meme of an episode and should have never aired.
also Bizmuth was right.
>>
Gem Harvest will be a surprise lore bomb wrapped in a Halloween Special. We are headed for a major falling out between Steven and the Crystal Gems, akin to Mirror Gem but this time with Steven much more knowingly and willfully rebellious and legitimately aggrieved of his gem-moms, not just reacting in confusion. The fact that this is going to happen in the immediate next episode will be made clear in the final moments of Gem Harvest (and then we'll return to hiatus until some time next year).

Lapis and Peridot and Connie will be full team members by the end of S4, appearing in nearly every episode, and will retain this status going into S5 and through to the series finale at the end of S5.]/spoiler]
>>
>>86954645
I think the fact that the music written for that scene wasn't Eurobeat should have tipped you off that it was a shallow parody.
>>
>>86956460
Hilary Florido (one of the boarders on that episode) is a huge fan of initial D and she ended up getting Matt Burnett (one of the outline writers) hooked on it as well.
>>
>>86959088
What if I told you that the world was gonna end
>>
>>86944206
In "Here Comes a Thought" Kevin isn't mentioned at all. He's a minor annoyance they both outgrow.
>>
>>86943886
> every threat
Except homeworld.
>>
>>86954645
>>86959331
It was good music tho.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa9A1a_BENs
>>
File: DEEPEST.jpg (225KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
DEEPEST.jpg
225KB, 1366x768px
HOW DID WE MISS IT????
>>
File: LORE.jpg (235KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
LORE.jpg
235KB, 1366x768px
IT WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF US THE WHOLE TIME!!!!!
>>
But what are those beehive looking things at the bottom? Buttholes?
>>
File: disgust.jpg (46KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
46KB, 620x400px
>>86946173
Wow you're really dumb

You can enjoy the show just dont try to defend it's terrible writing and bias.
>>
File: Face.png (334KB, 540x609px) Image search: [Google]
Face.png
334KB, 540x609px
Has there ever been, in the history of storytelling, a worse villain reveal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF9e6YYnnrc
>>
File: 1475027983513.png (42KB, 291x293px) Image search: [Google]
1475027983513.png
42KB, 291x293px
>>86944166
>she was called a nigger by a midget
Based Peridot.
>>
>>86960280
Yeah probably. Making her seem immediately petty and ill-tempered is likely intentional.
>>
>>86955576
A 22 minute episode at this point in the show that DOESN'T involve the greater threat would be odd. Especially with 'gem' in the title.
>>
>>86944420
Now you're aware that Sugar is a hack and there is no central theme.

SU may seem different from its contemporaries, yet don't fall for Sugar words, she always sprinkle them on poetically to make SU stand out and appear different.
>>
>>86960424
wtf I hate sugar now
>>
>>86960381
>likely intentional.
Yeah, I'm almost convinced the shit crew of this shit show is intentionally trying to make the worst thing possible
>>
>>86960418
30 min episode, anon. It's literally nearly the length of 3 normal episodes.

Combined with Peridot's horrified "You're going to HARVEST me?!?!" in Catch and Release, Gem Harvest has to have some lore regarding harvesting gems in it, meaning more exposure into HW practices and attitudes. Has to.
>>
File: 1302712270110.jpg (34KB, 285x298px) Image search: [Google]
1302712270110.jpg
34KB, 285x298px
>>86957143
No, she choose me. Who is to say that someone won't try while I am away. You are not with your friends/girlfriend/spouse 24/7?

Sound like you have trust issues, did someone hurt you? And If my gf was to cheat on me and I learned of it; shit would suck, but I would end it and life goes on, with or with me or her.
>>
>>86960280
It was only shit because of the sneak peak of her before she was actually revealed. Kind of like how the whole Cluster fiasco seemed fucking rushed and underwhelming after all of the hype CN put on it.
>>
>>86961228
What if it was genuinely making her uncomfortable with what the other guy was doing?
>>
>>86961713
During one of her days off a few weeks ago, some guy at the chinese spot we go, she said was bothering her, trying to talk with her. I was at work that day. Don't get me wrong I do worry about my, but in the same way I worry about anybody I care about or love. Plus unlike me she does carry. We both own firearms, but she got her CC long before we met. I need to stop being lazy and get mine too.
>>
>>86961929
Fair, but counterpoint: they're kids and can't own guns.
>>
>>86962567
Steven has superstrength and can summon Captain America's shield
Connie is a ninja
>>
File: wrl-yamaguchis-fro.gif (378KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
wrl-yamaguchis-fro.gif
378KB, 500x333px
I think the issue with Kevin is that if you try to explain it to adults, most of us already understand that people try to have sex with each other all the goddamned time. Like, in a normal day at the bar, a lady may be approached by a guy, reject him, then swing by her boyfriend's place for a booty call, while meanwhile the guy from the bar hooks up with some totally different girl. We're animals, basically. You get used to that.

But kids. Kids have never experienced that. Neither Connie nor Steven were old enough to have been approached like that, and then imagine Connie is in Steven's head, sharing who knows what emotions - fear? He was cute, so maybe even some lust? But then Steven is there too, sharing his emotions, reacting to hers. What's there? Jealousy over the lust? Also fear? Revulsion because Steven isn't into guys? The fusion thing is supposed to be an emotional conversation.

I dunno. My first sexual encounter as a teen was a really big deal to me. At my current age I can barely relate to kids that young, but I vaguely remember.

That's the forgiving interpretation. The unforgiving one is to assume Kevin literally raped them with the Patriarchy by approaching a girl he didn't know like he owned her, and of course that is a higher order crime than murder.

I figure caring TOO much about either is likely overthinking, even if it does feel worth thinking about.
>>
>>86964705
The issue with kevin is that even when you're an adult, sleazy come-ons feel disgusting. You can proposition someone in a way that feels easy and natural or you can be a pressuring dick, and Kevin was the latter. So the reaction is a combination of
a) Connie's disgust and discomfort at being sleazily hit on
b) Steven feeling Connie's disgust
c) Steven feeling disgust and discomfort at being sleazily hit on - by a guy
d) them both having to face the sleazy disgusting feeling of being aggressively hit on by someone unpleasant for the first time ever, which is a shock
>>
>>86964705
I don't know, during the first fusion, it felt more like Connie was in the driver seat while Steven was along for the ride...Remember Connie admitted to having a bit of stage fright, and all that focused attention might have been the breaking point.

>Pearl was mighty thirsty for that fusion.
>>
>>86965125
Really? I thought the opposite. I guess that means she's written well enough as a fusion.
>>
File: SU_Hmm.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SU_Hmm.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>86965182
Indeed, the first fusion was great in design and character....Oh well.
>>
>>86964790
>>86965125
I can't even remember. Did Kevin actually act all that sleazy? I remember him being self-aggrandizing and telling Stevonnie that he was the only one good enough for her, but other than his ego I don't recall him being that bad. Probably just really used to girls going along with him because he's cute, and therefore not really all that patient or suave.
>>
>>86961228
>>86961929

That's kind of irrelevant. Steven and Connie were together when Kevin was hitting on them, so it stands to reason that in this scenario you would be right next to your girlfriend while the random guy was making her uncomfortable.
>>
>>86968106
He kept hitting on Stevonie when it was clear she was uncomfortable.
>>
>>86968106
He kept his pressure up even after Stevonnie made it clear that they were not having a good time and that his attempts were not helping and were unwanted.
Kevin did nothing wrong but Steven was totally justified in his reaction to it.
>>
File: 1096.gif (1MB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
1096.gif
1MB, 250x230px
>>
>>86960424
Such shit-tier grammar.

Nobody should listen to someone this unintelligent.
>>
>>86968770
I don't think it's just the feet M8, that scene had her all over that fusion with mouth watering.

Pearl:
>That organic trash manage to fuse with Steven FIRST?!?
>>
>>86954510
>ask
>>
>>86969458
>human steals Steven's fusion virginity
>the first of the CGs he fuses with is Amethyst
>>
>>86954510

Reminder: gems have been destabilized multiple times on the show with "wounds" that wouldn't even necessarily be fatal to a regular human

Thirty guys holding spears are pretty much equal to thirty nonfused gems
>>
>>86946057
If there's even anything vaguely resembling a sign of nuance left in this cartoon, they'll at least point out that diamond is made of pure carbon, which is the basis of all organic life, thus making YD's hatred for organic life hypocritical.
>>
>>86969810

Thirty of which gem though?
>>
>>86969810
strength and agility wise? humans vs gems? 30 humans would be lucky to land a blow on one skill gem. actually i take that back, guns would probably level the playing field.

anywho, anyone else notice how durable Peridot is? crushed by rocks constantly falls from insane heights.
>>
>>86970920
The non-combatants.

Quartz gems would probably be way over the heads of ancient man. They can toss elephants and smash through stone walls.
>>
>>86970920
a bit higher than Pearls at least since Connie can fight Pearl overall on equal footing and pearl with a human sword can poof quartz

So I'll say a train human would be equal to an unfuse ruby and humans would use swarming tactics to take down fusions like a pack of wolves to a moose

>>86954510
implying humans wouldn't have notice the war and started fighting both sides

Also Pearl uses a sword made during the 1800 and rose armory clearly has human middle age level armor so humans probody had gun powered era weapons and were just blasted back to the stone age again by the diamond nuke
>>
>>86960280
the meme face ruin it really

I didn't mind the whole "just an overworked boss who doesn't really care" vibe yd has
>>
File: 1470695045035.gif (822KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
1470695045035.gif
822KB, 600x366px
>>86947856
>>
>>86972702
>Connie can fight Pearl overall on equal footing
I dunno man, Pearl totally bodied both Connie and Steven once she put some will into it.
>>
Who else faps furiously to this show?
>>
/co/ really goes full retard discussing this show

Is this another front of the internet cultural crusade?
>>
>>86943886

Except now they have definite knowledge that yellow Diamond hates earth and wants it destroyed, and also knows that Peridot was planning to try and stop the cluster.

Makes sense that they get rid of all the other villains like the rubies and Jasper to make room for whatever Yellow Diamond is planning.
>>
File: 1473630920333.png (151KB, 233x375px) Image search: [Google]
1473630920333.png
151KB, 233x375px
>>86968123
They were literally the same person. Kevin wouldn't have even hit on Connie if they weren't fused. He wouldn't hit on a child, and it's not like he was aware the hot brown girl on the dance floor was actually two children fused into one person.

Steven: The White Knight
>>
>>86973447
Only to the hot death scenes.
>>
>>86944397
>The "MUH TYPE" Fallacy
If there was one good thing about that episode, it's how it outed /co/ as being no better than Tumblr.
>>
>>86973718

They still communicate to each-other individually when fused, ergo from from Steven's perspective it probably felt like he was creeping out Connie in addition to himself.

>He wouldn't hit on a child, and it's not like he was aware the hot brown girl on the dance floor was actually two children fused into one person.

No shit, I also got the joke at the end of the episode. Doesn't really change the fact that that's what happened.

I'm also not really sure what the point of your post was, nothing you said really had anything to do with my question.
>>
So when they're fused does it make them a transvestite?
>>
>>86944166
Yea but all this was done by a war criminal who literally killed a gem god-emperor
>>
File: tumblr_oe15fohYvv1un5x0mo1_1280.png (2MB, 1280x1652px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oe15fohYvv1un5x0mo1_1280.png
2MB, 1280x1652px
>Jasper is irredeemable
Literally the most interesting and justified character in the show.
>>
>>86948970
I don't agree with the original anon. But I can see it. Imagine for a second that you needed no air to survive, now where would be the most effective way to detain someone to the effect that they can do absolutely nothing to escape.

I'd imagine the head, but I'm just a fag anyway, so I might be wrong.
>>
>>86946446
>>86946485
Gem harvest isn't the only episode airing in November. CN confirmed it
>>
>>86946697
Context?
>>
>Jasper
>Corrupted and Killed
SINCE WHEN. I need to catch up.
The last episode I remember was Watermelon Island. Anyone got all the episodes from that point on? Plz
>>
>>86975549

Go to Wikipedia's list of episodes, find where you were at, then watch the rest on Dailymotion. It's how I get caught up when I come back to the show
>>
>>86975549
/trash/ has the mega links
>>
>>86975549
Nigga you literally missed an entire season
>>
>>86969458
Stevonnie still makes no sense. And isn't fusion a really, really "subtle" metaphor for sex?
>>
>>86976072

Not really, its a metaphor for a relationship, it just so happens that the most overt relationship+fusion that exists within the show is Garnet, which is a romantic relationship, but overall, it's so vague it could basically be anything.
>>
>>86976346
Dear God, this show is so fucking gay.
>>
>>86976346
>its a metaphor for a relationship
I hate this meme
>>
File: steven jewniverse.png (183KB, 775x723px) Image search: [Google]
steven jewniverse.png
183KB, 775x723px
>>86950487
i know he's not masculine
but remember who the writers are, and what a guy like Kevin really means to them
>>
>>86976608

It's a kids show, so it doesn't really matter overall, but in general 'a relationship' is probably the simplest way you could put it, I don't mean a romantic relationship, I just mean in it in any kind of sense, whether that's friendship or rivalry, the fusion is ((usually)) a personification of the relationship between those two character as well as just their personalities.
>>
>>86951535
yeah but in the end Steven got to feel smug for ignoring him and enjoyed it
meaning he still holds some aggression towards the guy
rather than just making friends with him like he does with all the characters

remember that Kevin is the first character Steven really HATED
>>
>>86976686

> Got to feel smug

What makes you think so? She isn't condescending to him beyond saying "I was still pretty great for my first time driving a car" she was generally kind and then just ignored him as she drove off while generally seeming happy, not smug.
>>
File: 1468099025156.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1468099025156.png
123KB, 785x757px
>>86946701
that's an excuse for people who aren't emotionally mature to ignore their own problems instead of growing up
>>
>>86976718
its the writers wanting to feel smug about it mostly, thinking people like Kevin are gonna be mad if they are ignored and Steven is an insert for the writers
>>
File: conno.png (1MB, 794x606px) Image search: [Google]
conno.png
1MB, 794x606px
I wish the episode before the hiatus wasn't so boring.
>>
>>86973815
Interesting art style
>>
>>86954505
>Alone Together was before Zuke joined in the first place as a storyboard revisionist
I don't think so tim
>>
File: 20111118-pissworld.png (226KB, 750x1091px) Image search: [Google]
20111118-pissworld.png
226KB, 750x1091px
>>86975522
>>
>>86973815

Which is exactly why she's irredeemable.
>>
>>86943886
>peridot was a threat, ever
>lapis isn't the end boss
>The cluster arc is over
>jasper is a bad guy
>the rubies won't come back

m8, it just started.
Jasper will come back soon enough, one way or the other. And she'll start living with the two lesbians.
Bismuth will come back too, if only for the lapis confrontation. Lapis will flip her shit, Jasper will join her side and malachite will come back, but this time the fusion will be stable.
Then stevonnie fusions with alexandrite and everyone dies, the end.
>>
>>86976746

Within the context of the show though, Stevonnie wasn't smug. she was pretty lighthearted about the whole thing after her revelation.
>>
>>86947991
> Stevens mother killed Pink Diamond and it was portrayed as necessary
> Steven send 5 rubies into outer space without hope to be recovered, one of them tried to stab him dead
> Jasper became a monster and had to be destroyed and imprisoned by Steven and co.
> Bismuth was destroyed and imprisoned for having different opinions by Steven
I dare you to say "kid solves everything through friendship and existence" again.
>>
>>86977530

> Bismuth was destroyed
No?
> Imprisoned
Yes
> For having different opinions
Steven was the one who wanted to talk about it, he said he didn't want anyone to use to breaking point because to him it was morally wrong, and it generally makes sense to oppose Bismuth's plan to restart the war with Homeworld when there's only like, four proper members of the Crystal Gems.

Bismuth was the one who violently turned on Steven and he had no choice but to defend himself.
Thread posts: 304
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.