[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whatever happened to this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Vlcsnap-2015-04-18-18h01m22s232.png (542KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2015-04-18-18h01m22s232.png
542KB, 1280x720px
Whatever happened to this?
>>
As far as I know, nothing.
>>
>>86861587
It was made as a proof of concept. Cartoon Network said no.
>>
It was never actually a thing. It was the creator throwing the idea out to the universe in hopes it would become a thing, but it never did.
>>
>>86861630
That sucks. I mean it looked pretty good, I wonder what they were thinking of when they rejected it?
>>
>>86861659
That knd ended 8 years ago and it's unreasonable for a continuation to be so lore heavy that kids wouldn't know what the fuck is going on?
>>
>>86861738
This. Instead of G:KND, Mr. Warburton should have pitched KNDG. I don't know how they could deform the artstyle any more to differentiate it from the original, but they'd find a way.
>>
If only they had just made a movie.
>>
>>86861659
That it's easier to take another popular series, strip everything expensive and original about it, and make it on the cheap with wannabes so they can sell toys for it.
>>
>>86861824
i think if the new Samurai Jack does well (and if PPG/the Ben 10 reboot bomb) it would hopefully show CN it's got potential, but it's wishful thinking
>>
KND is story driven so Mike Lazzo said no
>>
File: 1443746178054.jpg (37KB, 509x510px) Image search: [Google]
1443746178054.jpg
37KB, 509x510px
>>86861587
>Nu-PPG is a thing
>GKND isn't
>>
>>86863271
Why does he hate stories? Stoners can keep up with a story, my comfiest memories are from watching Samurai Jack blazed. Never liked it as a kid but as an adult it was really easy to get into.

They cancelled Metalocalypse and Morel Orel for the same dumb reason.
>>
File: erw.jpg (230KB, 690x690px) Image search: [Google]
erw.jpg
230KB, 690x690px
>>86861587
Hopefully gone forever
>boogers as ID
>eating pinkeye
This show was stupidly gross
>>
>>86861587
Currently, nothing, but since Powerpuff Girls (For some fucking reason) was a success, they may start bringing other nostalgic CN products out of retirement.

Although, if I had to bet on any getting brought out of retirement, my best bets would be either Cow & Chicken (Since the creators and actors are still almost all working for CN in some capacity) or Johnny Bravo. Either way, I hope to god that I'm wrong, because the only way they are bringing back either show is in an exceedingly neutered form.

It's a fucking shame, because I would watch the fuck out of GKND. KND was pretty much the last CN show I watched before moving onto the whole "Cartoons are just for kids" phase
>>
>>86863271
>Mike Lazzo
>Having any sway in vanilla CN
>>
>>86863723
Not as bad as Ren & Stimpy.
>>
>>86861587
It was like the deadpool leak except it failed to gain any traction
>>
I really wish CN would just let people kickstart this sort of shit.
>>
>>86863006
New samurai jack? Tell me more.
Please.
>>
>>86864565
Well, Warburton owns KND outright. My best bet why KND doesn't appear on any CN merchandise at the moment is because this is the conversation that keeps happening:

>CN: "Hey, Warburton, can we use the KND in Crossover Crisis?"
>Warburton: "Can I make GKND?"
>CN: "Uh... No..."
>Warburton: "Well, there's your answer."
>>
>>86864582
He should really just kickstart it then, I'm not sure how well it would do but I would definitely donate to it.
Replica splanker backer reward.
>>
>>86864591
The problem is that he'd need some proper advertisement in order to have any chance of getting it backed. I mean, it took over a year to get 55,000 sigs and not because people don't want it to happen, but because most of the fans have literally no idea that it was even a thing.
>>
>>86864621
Just gotta get a few major outlets to report on it just prior to putting it up.
>>
>>86864621
Correct. Releasing the footage obscurely on April 1st wasn't the smartest of ideas.
>>
>>86864575
Where the fuck have you been?
>>
>>86861587
It was an April Fools joke.
>>
I honestly never liked this show.
>>
>>86865022
I honestly never liked you
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.