[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any Harry Potter comics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (168KB, 1054x533px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
168KB, 1054x533px
Are there any Harry Potter comics?
>>
File: Hatred.png (1MB, 639x972px) Image search: [Google]
Hatred.png
1MB, 639x972px
Does this count?
>>
>>86860064
wat
>>
>>86860101
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen by Alan Moore
Harry Potter's the antichrist and massacres Hogwarts
>>
>>86860041
No
Rowling probably won't allow it
>>
>>86860160

This.

If DC got their hands on Harry Potter comics it wold really be one sided for the foreseeable future. I'm surprised nobody has been able to convince her to do it considering how exploitable the world is
>>
>>86860041
Timothy Hunter, and The Books Of Magic
>>
>>86860198
>I'm surprised nobody has been able to convince her to do it considering how exploitable the world is

Doesn't she have more money than the queen or some shit? It's hardly a motivator.

They just have to wait until she's either broke or dead.
>>
>>86860342

Yeah she does but she also whores out the property hard. More written content would help keep the franchise relevant in the future
>>
File: I didnt come here to see this.png (223KB, 627x350px) Image search: [Google]
I didnt come here to see this.png
223KB, 627x350px
>>86860147

Sounds like shit.
>>
>>86860539
It is, Moore has a giant hate-bone for Harry Potter.
>>
>>86860198

Probably waiting to see how the new movies do.

The world is charming, but without some fairly fundamental reworking it doesn't really function as a setting. If you ever get more than 2 steps away from Harry himself, the setting starts to break down.

It would only take four or five people in the wizarding world with a basic grasp of modern technology and reason to take the setting and break it over their knee, because wizards are powerful but kind of really stupid and ignorant.
>>
File: Alan_Moore.jpg (86KB, 605x598px) Image search: [Google]
Alan_Moore.jpg
86KB, 605x598px
>>86860539
Never question a real wizard Anon
>>
>>86860539
He is also killed by Mary Poppins turning him into a chalk drawing, and then letting it rain.
>>
>>86860041
Wait, that's how the schools break down?

What the fuck? Why do Australians go to the American school?!

This maps reminds me of the Imperial Age of Britain, and not in a good way.
>>
>>86860041
>>86860757
This map looks pretty innacurate.

Also, the Brazillian school has a name. It's Castelobruxo.
>>
>>86860539
It was
>>
>>86860064
ron hermione and malfoy in the third panel?
>>
>>86860608
As an adult, you realize that no modern civilization would function if children aren't taught math or language skills in school, magic or not. Also, there's a lot of really weird contradictions like love potions getting sold to teenagers in prank stores but direct mind control getting you a life sentence in emotional torture prison.

I've been searching for a long time for a fanfiction that fixes all the issues with worldbuilding and setting construction, but all I've been able to find is shipping shit.
>>
>>86860041
The Potter universe doesn't have great macro worldbuilding in retrospect

Pottermore doesn't count
>>
>>86860041
>Korean or Chinese wizards
>ever stepping foot in Japan
>>
>>86861033
I agree on all fronts, though what bothers me is how ignorant the Wizarding World is to the Muggle world.

I get that they wouldn't understand things like Muggle money, or don't know how to drive cars or bother with rubber ducks. But how do they not know what basketball is? Most wizards live secretly among muggles, right?

On top of that, does anyone else think that wizard life is boring after Hogwarts? You spend 7 years in the most amazing place in the world, then after that, you get some boring ass job. On a more depressing note, there's no college or anything, so if you fuck up your NEWTs or your OWLs, unlike your diploma or your SAT, there are no retakes. You're expected to know what you want to be by age 15, meaning if you work as a store clerk or drive the Night Bus, and you decide you want to be Dragonologist or a Curse Breaker, you're screwed!
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.