[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the comic industry ever make a comeback?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: 1461121388435.gif (1MB, 419x237px) Image search: [Google]
1461121388435.gif
1MB, 419x237px
Will the comic industry ever make a comeback?
>>
>>86855598
nope
>>
File: RIP BENDIS.jpg (732KB, 1252x1920px) Image search: [Google]
RIP BENDIS.jpg
732KB, 1252x1920px
>>86855598
>>
File: Didi.gif (875KB, 300x193px) Image search: [Google]
Didi.gif
875KB, 300x193px
>>86855598
>>
File: Benny vs DareDevil.jpg (100KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
Benny vs DareDevil.jpg
100KB, 600x350px
>>
File: Bendis.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Bendis.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: saviorofcomics.jpg (95KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
saviorofcomics.jpg
95KB, 1200x630px
It already has.
I'm sorry Marvel doesn't have anything that's up to speed.
>>
>>86858039
BASED GWENPOOLE BRINGING THE HEAT TO THAT BALD FUCK
>>
Bendis :DDDDDD
>>
>>86858171
Will momentum keep rising and hit a plateau?
Will the new readers branch off to non capeshit works out of curiosity?
>>
>>86858039
Is this real?
>>
>>86858753
Yes, it's from Rocket Raccoon and Groot #10
>>
>>86855598
nah
>>
>>86855598
With Lord Bendis at his Marvel throne, comic Renaissance is not far away.
>>
>>86858423
>Will the new readers branch off to non capeshit works out of curiosity?
I think that's what the purpose for Young Animal is.
>>
File: heykids (1).jpg (109KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
heykids (1).jpg
109KB, 700x525px
Never

Comics are never going to be big in America again.

I don't know how you can think otherwise. The characters from movie franchises that make BILLIONS OF DOLLARS can barely move a few 100k a month.

It doesn't matter what they do. They could make everybody white and cis or they could make everyone non-white with nutso gender/sexual identity out the wazoo. They could make everything edgy like the 90s or do everything like one of these soft and squishy webcomics that wishes they were manga.

Comics are not a big deal in America. It'd take a seismic shift in the industry to change that. More than just shuffling around creative teams for the Xth time.
>>
>>86858039
i knew gwenpool was going to be okay but i didnt think it would be that good
>>
>>86862554
It's not from Gwenpool
>>
>>86862053
Is it working?
Are the MCR fangirls eating it up?
>>
>>86855598
If comics ever become popular again it's going to have to be through full sized trade format volumes sold in bookstores. Like imagine what manga does except in the west. The biggest obstacle is finding what average book readers would be willing to read from the medium. When you say "comics for adults" people immediately think of the britbong invasion stuff, but those have only really ever appealed to neckbeards/fedoras.
>>
>>86862105
>It doesn't matter what they do. They could make everybody white and cis or they could make everyone non-white with nutso gender/sexual identity out the wazoo. They could make everything edgy like the 90s or do everything like one of these soft and squishy webcomics that wishes they were manga.
What if they made them good?
>>
>spend a few years on the evils of white males, like they're not your core audience
>groups you pander to don't buy comics, just praise your virtues

We'll see, I guess?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.