[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Civil War ll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: civilwariiheader-174446.jpg (97KB, 655x370px) Image search: [Google]
civilwariiheader-174446.jpg
97KB, 655x370px
Where is Marvel going with this? Issue 6 thoughts?
>>
>>86853854
>Where is Marvel going with this?

I'm not reading it but I'm sure it'll be quickly forgotten and they'll move onto the next big "consequences will never be the same" event.
>>
I think it's getting good. Spiderman is in trouble
>>
>>86853854
nowhere, fast
no idea what the point of it is, but then again, I can't really bring myself to care enough to put any thought into it

god knows the writers certainly haven't
>>
Could be one of the best story lines
>>
>>86853854
A pointless event cashgrab with everyone acting retarded.
>>
>>86853994
>no idea what the point of it is

Shitty movie tie-in made months after the movie has faded from the public consciousness.
>>
>>86853854
We already know from the tie ins that Carol isn't going to actually arrest Miles, she's going to let him go. So we'll probably get an issue where the various heroes go through DEEP INTROSPECTION on Ulysses' vision that he's going to kill HydraCap and whether they're willing to stick with their current side in the war. We might get some explanation for the weird hentai tentacles that Ulysses sprouted in the end of the last issue.
>>
File: 1475072368763.png (117KB, 147x292px) Image search: [Google]
1475072368763.png
117KB, 147x292px
>>86853854
>Issue 6 thoughts?
Remove Bendis
>>
>>86853854

Straight into another hero vs hero story.
>>
>>86853854
It would be funny, to me at least, if Iron man has her killed. It falls into that category of NO WAY WOULD THEY DO THAT AGAIN. Not another captain, both killed by Ironman, both for a Civil War event. But I'm not a huge Carol fan and they keep restarting her book so it's my guess it doesn't do that great. And this would be an easy way to get rid of her for awhile and reboot her when her movie comes out.
>>
>>86853986
>>86854018
Are you shilling?
>>
I agree seeing Iron man klll marvel would add some great story lines. <3'd the hulk killing by hawkeye .
>>
>>86853854
DCFag here. I've only read bits and pieces of CW2, but I've been buying the Ultimates, Ms. Marvel and Old Man Logan.

Is that new precog guy the first of his kind on all of Marvel? Shouldn't there be like... tons? If so, why is this guy such a big deal?
>>
it's great, Bendis made Carol into something! Before, she was bland, boring, completely uninteresting. A soulless cardboard shell, the personality of a rock.

But now, she's the biggest villain in Marvel, and a horrible bitch, and I think that's finally a great use of her. You see, nobody really liked Carol anyway, so setting her up as something to hate on really works in a very natural way.

It's the best thing to come out of this
>>
I'm a Marvel fanboy and even I'm hating this event.
>>
File: 1475507317559.png (599KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1475507317559.png
599KB, 900x675px
People actually tolerate, let alone like this garbage?

You have my condolences.
>>
>>86853854
Retarded garbage, mostly.
>>
Nice pic of Carol. Id hit that
>>
Has none of the gravitas of the original and comes off as barely a super argument.

First one had shit like Reed making a prison in another dimension and robot enforcer Thor's. This has one guy that can sort of see the future.
>>
would you stop the ugly future from happening if it meant turning on your friends or a family member to prevent the possibility?
>>
>>86855974
What's wrong with Bendis
>>
>>86861530
Are you serious?
>>
Bendis won't rewrite his story but I am guessing the following:

Miles is hounded by everyone and ultimately confronts Steve to tell him he would never kill him.

At the exact moment Miles/Steve meet, Hydra attacks with a 9-11 level terror attack that kills thousands. Steve is wounded/near death. Begs Miles to mercy kill him with the Shield.

Tony and Carol find Miles just as he is standing over Steve with the SHIELD. Miles tells them that he didn't do it and that Steve wants him to put him out of his misery.

Carol realizes that Ulysses can't be trusted, grabs the shield from Miles and orders Tony to fly Cap to a doctor ASAP. Miles is then ordered to help survivors of the terror attack with Carol.

Epilogue (presumably rewritten):

Medusa and the Inhumans are told to fuck off by Carol and Tony together. Ulysses is put into cold storage or some sort of "I have no mouth and must scream" stasis state by Medusa, since Ulysses has been proven to be a flawed precog and as such, no longer has any value to Medusa or the Inhumans.

Bendis might also toss in a bit of X-Men fan service, by having Carol and Tony accuse Medusa of purposely dragging her feet/not actually HELPING Beast find a way to save mutantkind from the Terrigin Mist and demand that she needs to find a cure in a month or two or else Carol and Tony will come up with a way to destroy the Terrigin Mist and might even kill off the Inhumans too if they try and stop Tony and Carol from solving the problem the way it should have been solved day one.

Carol and Tony will end on good terms but the younger generation of heroes will be distrustful of the heroes, especially Ms Marvel, who overhears Carol threatening to genocide the Inhumans if they don't make their death cloud stop killing mutants.

Finally, Steve will be kidnapped by Red Skull, who will kill the doctors who saw the Hydra logo on Steve's chest and subject him to extra brainwashing for failing to manipulate a full tilt schism amongst the Avengers
>>
>>86861908
like it!
>>
>>86853854

A distant third behind Image if things continue to unravel at the pace they have been
>>
>>86861908
I think Red Skull will kill Ulysses once he realizes that his predictions are flawed for the numerous reasons the book has stated. Cap will squirrel him away and make it look like he died in the final fight.

The Inhumans will come out smelling like roses, unless editorial has fully changed course and part of the reason for the extra issue was to have a new ending was to allow Bendis to set up everyone being sick of Medusa and the Inhumans walking around fucking things up and generally getting a free pass on everyone. Having the ending end with them being told point blank "Fix the bullshit with your terrigan cloud killing mutants already or we'll destroy the cloud" would be too much pandering and be kind of fanficcy, but would go a long way as far an an apology to X-Men fans, by having Carol and Tony's last scene in the story being them united and basically defending mutantkind and telling the Inhumans that they need to fix shit or else, the Avengers will do it and make it clear, they would gladly genocide the Inhumans to save mutantkind, as far as mutants > Inhumans in their eyes.
>>
>>86858839
>It falls into that category of NO WAY WOULD THEY DO THAT AGAIN. Not another captain, both killed by Ironman
Steve was killed by Crossbones, hired by Red Skull. But it was actually a LOLTIMEBULLET so he was never dead at all.
>>
File: penn_jillette.jpg (31KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
penn_jillette.jpg
31KB, 300x400px
>>86853854
where indeed
>>
>>86861908
>Bendis won't rewrite his story

He already has... When the first delay due to the artist's maternity leave hit, they announced that they were adding an 8th issue as Bendis thought of a "better" ending

Which must've been a kick in the teeth to all of the writers/artists doing tie-ins and launching new storylines based on that event's outcome... And that's before it even got delayed all the way into the end of the year
>>
The next issue is going to have Miles on the run, Carol chasing Miles, and Tony chasing Carol. Tony goes on and on about "muh profiling" while never explaining how the powers actually work. At the end of the issue, Homer has another vision involving Carol and/or Tony. Dun dun dun! No one cares about Miles after this point.
>>
>>86853854
Looks like they're keeping the Captain Marvel tradition strong. If we go by the pattern, she should be dying pretty soon.
>>
>>86853854

Nowhere. Just read issue 5 and the Steve rogers issue associated with it. Carols side is indefensible. She stopped believing it around issue 3-4 when she had doubts, and now all of a sudden she doesn't again? It's all over the place, and sales being as they are, I don't know how they trust bendis with one of these again.
>>
>>86860326
There are quite a number of Precogs and Time Travelers in the Marvel U.

Where are they and why are they not interfering? Ask Bendis.
>>
>>86862357
IIRC Cable was told to fuck off, due to a combination of Ulysses giving Steve a warning that he saw Cable harming him and Steve being paranoid Cable might realize that he's Hydra.

Destiny's dead again, as her resurrection in Necrosha was supposed to have worn off once Selene was defeated. BUT they kept the Hellions around after the storyline via the techno-virus not shutting down. So Destiny might just be in hiding, wanting to live a normal life and not deal with mutant bullshit or her ex's girlfriend's crazy schemes.
>>
>>86862398
Also Bishop is persona non-grata these days and even he most likely can't trust his future knowledge after the Avengers rescued Hope and prevent Scott Summers from forcing Hope to murder millions of humans as part of the Five Minute War that causes Bishop's timeline.

Similarly, Rachel Summer's future has already rapidly diverged from the main Marvel timeline and Blindfold's own prediction powers were hampered by her future vision range being severely limited to a couple of minutes/hours in advance. And Layla Miller's powers were never pre-cog in nature: she was a deformed mutant who got normalized by M-Day and who's future knowledge was shit her future self told her and even that hinged upon Scott making Hope murder millions of mutants to bring about Bishop's nightmare future.
>>
In Civil War 3, Carol will be the good guy after she gets killed at the end of Civil War 2 but she'll come back in about a week because. Just because.
>>
>>86861908
>>86862045
>Carol uses Ulysses for her own accord for a plan she came up with, and that is only going wrong because her actions
>somehow this is the Inhuman's fault
Xfags are silly
>>
File: cooking sense.jpg (100KB, 610x550px) Image search: [Google]
cooking sense.jpg
100KB, 610x550px
>>86853854

CWII is just awful. Not a patch on the original CW. In fact they didn't need to have a civil war at all this time, just disagree slightly over future predictions.

Resisting super hero registration was understandable for the original civil war. This time it's farcial.
>>
Duh. Secret Invasion 2
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.