[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I liked it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 9

File: 1475859231862.jpg (79KB, 349x524px) Image search: [Google]
1475859231862.jpg
79KB, 349x524px
I liked it
>>
>Humberto Ramos
Ew.
>>
I'm not even a raving Marvel hater like most of this board but Champions was god awful.

One of the worst comics I've ever read, I don't know what they were thinking.
>>
File: 1451670349836.png (2MB, 1336x1348px) Image search: [Google]
1451670349836.png
2MB, 1336x1348px
>>86849817
I like the idea of it, but the first issue had way too many problems, i.e the creation of the team/motivation for Viv to even be on the team, the first villain being way too left-field, among other things.
I didn't hate the use of social media that people are quick to go on, I don't even mind the art, and Kamala making speeches like that isn't too completely out of character, especially after what she's been through.
They have a decent roster, these three bein the only thing that wasn't Vision that personally made ANAD Avengers even worth looking into, and they have a chance to do something interesting, they just need to make sure they stay in perspective and keep focus on what they aim to do rather than just be like everyone else while saying they're doing something different.
>>
>>86850238
>Kamala making speeches like that isn't too completely out of character
Perhaps, perhaps not. In any case, it'seems definitely an issue when you have a character say "I won't make a speech" and then immediately follow up that statement with a speech. It isn't even played as a joke. It's completely lacking in self awareness.
>>
>>86849817
>That Kamala face.
>>
>>86850094
They were thinking about how much the first issue would sell.
They don't care what happens from here.
>>
Can anyone story time?
>>
>>86849817
>Kamala and her fuckboy harem
>>
>>86850631

But Viv is right there.
>>
>>86850601

>>86753180
>>
Dropped after the first issue. Would be bearable if the art was at least good.
>>
>>86850452
Fits her characterization in the book
>>
>you guys can't fix a food truck? fuck you falcon and thor
The book
>>
>>86850094

You.

Yes, you. The one screaming, "There's no white male Captain America, Thor or Iron Man anymore!" and "Marvel doesn't pander to us!" and other slurs I dare not mention.

Tread lightly.

You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority.

I don't feel awkward or anxious reading Champions around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives. This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful comic that has been procedurally generated for us - and it IS beautiful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them. We Marvel fans may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow readers, especially against someone who so virulently slurs that which has brought us all together.

Don't take this the wrong way. I don't hate you. I don't fear you.

I pity you.

I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that Marvel is such a bane to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience. Mostly, though, I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and berate others. I'm sorry that, to ensure your own validity, you need to make others feel invalid. I'm sorry that your self-worth is so infinitesimally miniscule that you have to make others feel less-than-human, at least in your own denatured mind, just to feel whole. I am truly sorry that day-in and day-out you have to put up with your worthless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life.

I ask you politely to cease your unnecessary cries for attention, and instead invite you to join our ranks. Stop reading DC Rebirth, start Ms Marvel, Champions or Bendis Spider-man, and breathe in the splendour and the amazement of your first comic, and then, maybe, just maybe, you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time.
>>
>>86850781
>Champions is /co/'s NMS
Holy fuck, it makes so much sense
>>
I liked it too, OP.

Still feel like having Cho on the team is overkill though.
>>
>>86850806
>Neuroleptic malignant syndrome(NMS) is a life-threatening neurological disorder most often caused by an adverse reaction to neuroleptic or antipsychotic drugs.

???
>>
>>86850094
Tge problem is that Waid manages to miss the point of his own book (a point he made).

I mean, he had Kamala angryly yell at CaptainFalcon and Thor for only punching badguys and saving people but not doing enough for the community.

Yet Waid doesn't show the team fixing the mine like they said. Nor does he show the team comforting the sex trafficking victims.

Instead Waid focuses on the team punching cuckclown and his men and saving mines from the destroyed mine. Also Twitter.

It wouldn't be so bad if Waid just wanted to write his own team to beat up badguys and save the day. But he added the "Eat it, Grandpa Capes, we need REAL change!" Schtick and doesn't follow through. Which makes Kamala and team look like a buch of dumbasses. Which would okay if it was a deconstruction on how dumb young people are. Except Waid is playing this a hundred percent straight, which just makes it awkward.
>>
>>86850830
I think he meant no mans sky. I dunno I'm just guessing.
>>
>make Kamala a cunt
why
>>
>>86850755
>Kamala: Like oh my god, Thor. Ugh! Why are you so lazy? I bet you just lie in bed all day.
>>
>>86850715
So, is her characterization also shitty?
>>
>>86849817
Stop making the same threads about the book you fucktard
>>
>>86850076

this a thousand times.
>>
>>86850781
>Stop reading DC Rebirth, start Ms Marvel, Champions or Bendis Spider-man
Ha. Haha. He. Hm. Ahah. Oof. Heh.
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
>>
>>86850781
I honestly can't tell what level of sarcasm you're operating on
>>
File: howwillyourespondheroes.png (323KB, 899x1300px) Image search: [Google]
howwillyourespondheroes.png
323KB, 899x1300px
>we want the teenage audience
>>
File: 1432420485271.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
1432420485271.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>>86850781
Damn fine pasta you got there
>>
I picked it up because TK's Vision of one of the best things I have read in a long time and I wanted to see how a different writer would handle Best Girl Viv.

I like it. It didn't blow me out of the water but I like and I'm going to stick with it.
>>
>>86851121
It's pasta.
A guy on redit posted that about No Man's Sky when it came out and people were pissed about all of Sean's lies.
>>
>>86851206
waifufags deserve to be shot.
>>
>>86851292
this
>>
>>86850076
I thought the art was pretty okay.
>>86850922
This is the issue, really.
It's a good character lineup and one that Waid could write competently if he tried, but this is an entirely standard superhero book that screams at you at every turn "WE'RE NOT LIKE OTHER SUPERHERO BOOKS".
>>
>>86850755
>kamala: why haven't you fixed the train tracks hmmm?
>sam wilson: I don't know how?
>kamala: you're black, you're ancestors built this. get to work
>>
>>86851134

I don't really believe a majority of shonen comics are aimed at teenagers. Isn't that more of a 5-12 crowd? I would think your Japanese High Schooler would of graduated to more grown up stuff by then.
>>
File: Deathstroke (2016-) 003-017.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Deathstroke (2016-) 003-017.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
I think one of the biggest mistakes in this issue was making the adult characters irrelevant, when they could provide the ideological conflict that it was obviously lacking.
Having the teen struggling against the real world in the first issue would have been better that what we got
>>
>>86850781
I'm very happy that I was around to see this pasta be created. I feel...connected to this place now, you know?

Also, don't you ever fucking tell me to drop Rebirth for fucking Bendis ever a-fucking-gain you God damn cock snorkel.
>>
>>86849817
I didn't hate it, but it wasn't that great.
>>
>>86852445
Pretty much how I feel about most things Said does. Except Superman.
>>
>>86851355
Shonen means early teens, Seinen means late teens
>>
Why is Cyclops a shota now? And who let a kid into nova corps?
Sorry I don't follow Marvel.
>>
>>86852838
I swear, there's one of you every time someone starts another of these fucking threads.

Long story short, Beast brought back the original 5 X-Men from the past for stupid reasons, and he can't send them back because of even stupider reasons, so now we're stuck with them until they get killed off in a big event in a few years or so
>>
>>86852838
>Why is Cyclops a shota now?
IIRC, Beast was getting upset with how the rest of the X-men were acting and said "We'd have been like this back in the day". To prove his point, he grabbed the younger version of the X-men and brought them to the present
>And who let a kid into nova corps?
Jeph Loeb is fucking insane
>>
>>86849817
Good for you and your shit, Shill
>>
Same. I love teen books, this one is very promising so far. reminds me of early ultimates spidey and FF
>>
>>86852838
>Cyclops
- Time travel.
>Nova
- Last one standing.
>>
>>86851355
Capeshit audiences haven't so why would shounen kids
>>
>>86849817
It was an ok first issue. I like the rooster.
>>
>>86849817
I didnt like it
>>
>>86851292
>>86851306
these
>>
>>86851134
not really related but I just marathoned through all of Hero Academia and it's better than any capeshit right now

shameful that the Japanese are beating us at our own game, All Might is Superman done right
>>
>>86859155
You should be ashamed of saying that blasphemy in a world where One-Punch Man exists.
>>
>>86853244
>They still haven't been sent back
Why? Seriously why? Fucking Marvel is so retarded are we just supposed to ignore the fact that it's been like a year already?
>>
>>86849817
Just hurry up and post the page where they're all standing in pose tweeting their fucking hashtag to each other even though they're all there in the same fucking spot
>>
File: 1439825792047.jpg (41KB, 1055x763px) Image search: [Google]
1439825792047.jpg
41KB, 1055x763px
>>86850781
Wait a minute, this is that fucking No Man's Sky reddit post that was spammed on /v/. Fuck you for making it into something I'm actually going to save and use for future Champions threads, only an autistic loser would spend the time changing it to fit.
>>
>>86850922
>he had Kamala angryly yell at CaptainFalcon and Thor for only punching badguys and saving people but not doing enough for the community
Wasn't their a story where Thor goes around the world helping the community, like feeding starving orphans dragon meat and helping settle a death row inmate into the chair peacefully?
>>
>>86850938
People were already hating her as is so it works out in the end
>>
>>86859909
They aren't tweeting, they're looking at Twitter and seeing that their #champions thing is trending or whatever. None of those tweets came from the team. The issue was garbage but this was not one of the issues with it.
>>
>>86859888
What would be the point of a simple solution problem?
They can't go back, time is broken - that's been a plotpoint in half a dozen books for some time now.
READ COMICS.
The Avengers snapped time like an overstretched rubberband during a big Ultron story.
Kang (the timetravel villain) was both stranded in the present era and fractured into four versions of his potential time-self.
Galactus gave BlackPanther 'n friends a power-point presentation about this problem. They've vowed to work on it.
And then the mutant super-scientist Beast time-abducted his past self and friends for the petty purpose of guilt-tripping Cyclops ...
And now the past X-Men are stuck. Time machines no longer work for them. Maybe forever.

...and the real kicker is that Rightclops was framed. So Beast didn't even guilt-trip the right person.
>>
I found it unacceptable that they managed to stray so damn far from the premise in the first issue alone.
>>
>>86860629
Dude, WTF? It's the first fucking issue. They haven't finished the first story arc, fuck it all, they haven't finished the first story's setup and you're whining about it.
Get over yourself.
>>
>>86859155
>All Might is Superman done right

All Might is a Superman that allowed superheroing to dominate every single aspect of his life and is left with nothing apart from it. He has no family nor friends outside his work colleagues. Now that he doesn't even have his powers left all he has is his teaching job. He is the ideal of self sacrifice taken to an unhealthy extreme and the story makes a point to Deku about not just copying All Might but being his own person and hopefully he'll realize how pitiful All Might's life has been and will want to avoid ending up like him.
>>
>>86860715
Basically >>86850922 sums up my opinion on the issue
>>
>>86859707
boku no hero is better than one punch man simply because the characters are better. You can argue about the art if you want but hero academy art is great on its own.
>>
>>86860363
So you're not gonna post the fucking page?
>>
How many books is Waid writing?
>>
>>86860414
Well to be fair they've been making the X-Men point fingers at Rightclops over the smallest little things for what, 3-4 years now?
It's like they don't know how to actually tear him down now that they've written him too far into the morality corner.
>>
>>86860715
>It's the first fucking issue. They haven't finished the first story arc, fuck it all
That's exactly why I said that they managed to stray so damn far from the premise. If it ain't Bendis, then it's Waid fucking things up.
>>
>>86861232
I don't know... I've always -and I mean ALWAYS - seen Superman as too overpowered to ever be challenged, it amazes me that One-Punch hit upon the boredom angle before any Superman comic did.
The whole point of both characters is how insanely unstoppable they are, to the point of both of them humoring lesser heroes.
Nothing else equates as well as that.
>>
>>86861464
Archie
Avengers
Black Widow
Champions

Maybe more?
>>
>>86849817
It sucked.

>>86859155
Weebshitters should be beheaded
>>
>>86861495
But the comic, the story itself, not the press, not the hype for it, is what establishes the actual premise.
You aren't giving it a chance because you've latched onto this stuff that isn't the actual book.
>>
>>86861575
>seen Superman as too overpowered to ever be challenged
Nah he at least has plenty of villains in his weight classes (mostly from off world but still make him struggle nonetheless) unlike Saitama that shits on anyone he's ever met.
>>
>>86861669
>But the comic, the story itself, not the press, not the hype for it, is what establishes the actual premise.
Or the author in the interviews that come out before it.
>>
>>86851430
everyone in this thread is old and jaded right now. You don't remember what it's like to be a teenager and to be impulsive and full of ideals. Maybe ideals that didn't fit in with reality but you wouldn't let that stop you. Now imagine if you had powers..

You guys are all missing the point.
>>
>>86861575
> I don't know... I've always -and I mean ALWAYS - seen Superman as too overpowered to ever be challenged

Like all weebs you know nothing of comics. Kill yourself.
>>
>>86861669
>the comic, the story itself, not the press, not the hype for it, is what establishes the actual premise
When did I ever say that I was referring to anything other than the first issue of the comic? I think you are just trying to make up as many roundabout excuses as possible to avoid the slightest possibility of somebody on this board having an objective dissentious opinion on Champions by making it out like I'm grasping for straws, rather than simply believing that I'm just genuinely disappointed in what I've paid money for.
>>
>>86850922
so you've never been a teenager full of energy, passion and contradiction? This is some of the best young hero writing out in the big 2. Its got that early ultimate spiderman angst and snark
>>
>>86861681
Come on, they had to invent the personification of Doomsday in order to give Superman an actual physical equal.
Saitama never took out an evil god with it's own Omega Beams. Did he?
>>
>>86861750
>so you've never been a teenager full of energy, passion and contradiction?
The contradiction doesn't come from the kids but rather what the author chooses to show the audience.

He wants to write them as different from other superhero teams but deliberately chooses to skip over the events that would lead them to appearing different because idk I guess he thought reading about them rebuilding a mine would be boring.
>>
>>86861758
5th dimensional imps shit on doomsday.
>>
>>86860715
>>86861669
Dude the team forms because they all want to do things other than punch bad guys in the face, that they wanted to do actual community work to mend the messes that superheroes usually leave behind. And you know what they do first as a team? They go and punch some bad guy in the face before leaving a mess behind. Either that was fully intentional to show that Champions can't actually accomplish the goals they've set out on, or it was just bad writing plain and simple. I mean there was at least two different opportunities where they could've touched down and helped the peons out with mundane shit that civil workers usually handle, but no fuck that we gotta check our twitter feed as a team while looking badass for this full page spread!
And after reading the thing twice I gotta say that there's no way that this was the result of anything other than bad writing.
>>
>>86861575
you may like the initial idea but here's the issue. Being a parody of winning fights easily is it's downfall in the long run. After a while the manga started taking itself seriously. Also, the character cast is lacking. It's a male dominated cast but most of the males are just comedic relief if not all.
>>
>>86861758
Hasn't Mongul beaten Clark's ass a couple of times?
>>
>>86859707
I enjoyed OPM too, it was funny and the fights were good, but Hero Academia has great characters, I found myself surprisingly invested in them.
>>
File: 1472234156669-1.jpg (70KB, 312x393px) Image search: [Google]
1472234156669-1.jpg
70KB, 312x393px
>>86861827
May I just point out that Kam never actually said it was going to be a hippie pacifist non-violence non-superheroing commune they were forming?
The idea was that you don't walk away from all the destruction that you're partially responsible for, like the Avengers keep doing. Instead you help those people who you have inconvenienced by battling Fing-Fang-Foom on their front lawn.
>>
>>86862061
That yellow bastard always cheated in one way or another.
When it's a straight-up fight only Doomsday is a real threat.
>>
>>86862173
>Kam never actually said it was going to be a hippie pacifist non-violence non-superheroing commune
And were in my post did I ever try to imply that? I only pointed out how silly it was for Champions to jump the gun completely and instantly devolve into the very act that they wanted to avoid in the first place right off the bat. Not to mention that they never tried to follow up any of their actions or words with a resolution befitting of their intended purpose, which I've also stated before. You seem to be looking for any excuse possible to defend the comic, and while it is just the first issue but for me personally it left a very bad impression of what's to come after. I want the comic to get better as the series goes because then it's not gonna be yet another Marvel project that's a complete throwaway like Squirrel Girl was, which just so happened to get canned because it left people with a terrible first impression.
>>
>>86862173
>you don't walk away from all the destruction that you're partially responsible for, like the Avengers keep doing
I'm pretty sure they did just that in the first fucking issue, waid-apologist
>>
I like that they kept there word and dealt with some of the darker stuff and in that aspect it really had a lot of potentiol but they fucked everything else up.

It seemed like it was ending well with the dead girl but then they just fucking forgot about her.

Editorial really really should have steped in at the end there.
>>
>>86850781
>Stop reading DC Rebirth, start Ms Marvel, Champions or Bendis Spider-man
I will read ms marvel again when it no longer shows support for civil war 2 you faggot.
>>
>>86851051
>marvel hyped this book immensely.
>suprised when people want to talk about it a lot.
>>
>tfw you will never get the SWEETEST CHERRIES
>>
>>86862037
Well the parody thing sort of takes a backseat as the series goes.

It's been more about how people's beliefs and attitudes change when they come into contact with Saitama. He's essentially this massive boulder that stands in their path. They can't push him or break him in any physical or ideological way because he's too powerful and too flippant.

So the only option they have in the face of this utterly immovable object is to change their own trajectory.

>It's a male dominated cast but most of the males are just comedic relief if not all.
This I can agree with, but even some of the more comedic characters have good moments. Prisoner's talk with Darkshine which hasn't happened yet in the manga and won't for some time is one of the best moments in the series
>>
>>86851430
I really loved this page it was really hard hitting about the flaws of a lot of teens without seeming like an old man shouting at kids to get off his lawn.
>>
>>86859707
Opm is barely even fucking capeshit.
Its entairtaining yeah but its not comparable.
>>
It would've been fine if they didn't start tweeting while stanging 5 feet next to a corpse. Of a child. That probably died because of their fuckup. Don't give me any malnourishment crap, she died because Hulk was throwing a crate full of sex slaves around. Even letting it sink to the bottom of the sea.
>>
>>86860363
Well the page was one of the issues just not for the reason anon thinks.
>>
>>86860715
>They haven't finished the first story arc
Yes they did.
They beat the clown and i very much doubt he will escape.
>>
>>86861784
This.
Whats the point of fixing damage (that a group already fucking exists for) if it all happens on screen.
And they could have at least put a fucking blanket over the dead girl.
>>
>>86860056
Yes. I believe it was issue 13 of God of Thunder.
>>
>>86864490
Why the fuck did they not get the crate first and then take out the villan.
Why couldn't viv have stoped the crate
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.