[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you the Ovatar, Ong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

File: Katara_und_Sokka.jpg (105KB, 617x619px) Image search: [Google]
Katara_und_Sokka.jpg
105KB, 617x619px
Are you the Ovatar, Ong?
>>
The movie pronunciations were better.

The show's pronunciation was like those people who say "Rye-Yoo".
>>
I want to fuck Katara
>>
>>86849185
This.
It wasn't that stupid Americanisation of Asian names.
>>
>>86849185
>>86849235
What the fuck happened to /co/? Is there anywhere to talk about cartoons without having to deal with these newfag retards?
>>
>>86849185
Go away, Shalamamadingdong. Your movie was shit. No part of it was good. You literally got everything wrong. Everything.
White actors for brown roles.
Brown actors for asian roles
Firebenders can't "Firebend."
All bending looked like shit
Shit actors
Shit effects
Couldn't pronounce the fucking names right.
Even if you haven't seen the source material, it's STILL a shit movie. (I didn't watch ATLA until AFTER I saw this hunk of shit movie.)

You deserve to never make another movie for the rest of your life. Not even vines.
>>
>>86849235
But the show was made by americans
>>
>>86849384

I would argue that the props and costumes were good.
>>
>>86849185
Fuck you M.Night.
>>
>>86849384
your beloved minorities were the ones pointing out that the show mispronounces asian names left and right. they fixed that for the movie. it's the one thing they did right.
>>
Is avatar really pronounced like that?
>>
>>86851414
No but apparently Ong and Eeroh were the actual correction pronunciations.
>>
>>86849185
The dumbest pronunciation is the show is how they pronounce Mai. It should be like "my", not "may". If they wanted to call her "may", they should have given her the name Mei.
>>
>>86849235
it's a bit more complicated than that, for example it was stated that Suki was named after the Japanese word for moon, which is pronounced suki, however it's spelt tsuki. In other words what the show did was use asain names but spell them so that westerners reading them would know how they're pronounced, the movie then took these spellings and pronounced them like asains would.
>>
What kind of Prison was that Earthbenders...SURROUNDED BY FUCKING EARTH. And let's not forget when they DO start to fight when six guys were bending, it was for a single fucking rock the size of a Football. Seriously what kind of shit was this film.
>>
>>86852516
I think that it was that one guy who punched the rock who was bending it, the other six were doing other off screen stuff, it was just shot absolutely terribly
>>
>>86852456
>what the show did was use asain names but spell them so that westerners reading them would know how they're pronounced
Depends on the language.
>>
>>86852516
did the movie have any reason for not just using the same prison as the episode of the show?
>>
>>86852572
No, either M. Night never even fucking looked up the source material. Or he was just doing it to piss off fans.
>>
>>86849185
Fuck you. I will say Ryu however I want to say his name.
>>
File: 20101122raul-julia-bison-702297.jpg (41KB, 326x480px) Image search: [Google]
20101122raul-julia-bison-702297.jpg
41KB, 326x480px
>>86849199
Katara was pretty hot, but that's not nearly enough to make the movie enjoyable.

Should've cast Raul Julia as Zhao.
>>
>>86852660
Thought he died after that movie.
>>
>>86852674
He died before it was released.
>>
File: sinestro.jpg (84KB, 237x330px) Image search: [Google]
sinestro.jpg
84KB, 237x330px
>>86852660
They wanted to, but he had scheduling conflicts because he was too busy playing Sinestro in the Green Lantern movie.
>>
>>86849158
>Boomerang isn't somehow metal despite the Water Tribe not having access to smiths

really tickles my pickle
>>
File: tumbling down.png (241KB, 976x588px) Image search: [Google]
tumbling down.png
241KB, 976x588px
>>
>>86852862
W-why? Out of sheer spite hes going to shit on the rest of the series?
>>
>>86849158
I saw this piece of trash in theatres. I was fuming the entire time and wanted to fucking hit something. Even all these years later and I'm still pissed off.
>>
>>86852884
Have you not seen lady in the water?
M. Night is fueled by pure spite.
>>
>>86852969
>Have you not seen lady in the water?
No one has
>>
>>86849185
Kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>86852969

Eh, I guess its a matter of "My career is down the shitter, but I'm dragging your franchise down with me."
>>
>>86852862
Is he gonna recast or is there going to be a major timeskip between movies?
>>
>>86853058
It's not going to happen. This rumor keeps cropping up every year or so since then. The first one cost the studio millions, there won't be a second one. There might be a remake/reboot with another director but they aren't going to build a franchise off the first. It was a Flop.
>>
>>86853258

If and when the remake happens. They need on only two things.
1.Stay true to the spirit of the franchise
2. Don't be M. Night.
>>
>>86853296
my main issue would be that American made Kung Fu movies (which this is reasonably close to) tend not to be very good, with any luck they'd find a director who knows how to make that kind of movie
>>
>>86853322
Ang Lee would be good. They'd have to pay him well, though.

Avatar has one of the best fictional worlds. It's a shame Nickelodeon is staffed by a bunch of suits who know fuck-all about managing a company focused on creative properties. They didn't even bother trying to increase its popularity in Japan. They could make a good video-game and it would sell like crazy.
>>
this movie was so fucking shit.
they took the basic idea of controlling the elements with martial arts, and ran the idea into the ground. instead of mirroring the movements of the elements, they used the movements as a spell to cast X to happen after they're done.
like wtf.
>>
>>86853691

Six guys bending for one fucking rock....
>>
>>86853691
M.Night said that his personal headcannon for how bending works was that performing the movements builds up chi in the body until it's released and the bending happens, despite the actual show explaining how bending works in the first episode and it not being that
>>
>>86853691
That scene just gets me every fucking time.
>>
>Fire nation has prominent japanese themes
>Makes them all Indian
The fuck?
>>
>Firebenders can't generate flame, just manipulate it.

Fucking dumb.
>>
>>86853736
if this is true then it's not that bad (still pretty fucking terrible): >>86852553
>>
>>86852752
eh. I think he would have made a better golden age Sinestro, as opposed to Mark Strong making a better Johns Sinestro.
>>
>>86853742

Did he even fucking watch the show or such read some shitty footnotes?
>>
>>86853775
M.Night said it was to balance them more, since they were the only ones who could create their element, this was of course completely ignoring the fact that the reason they could produce it in the first place was to balance them with other nations since fire is less commonplace than the others
>>
>>86853808
he said he saw the show and liked it, I don't know how true that was though
>>
>>86853742
that is pretty sad, and honestly it's most likely because he couldn't into choreography.
Like, the bending was the ONE thing the aesthetics had over other shows. I really liked that idea, and how natural it looked.
Making it so that you do a little dance, and then a rock floats somewhere, defeats the entire purpose of bending.
>>
>>86852862
yeah, he's been saying that since the first one came out. even after it bombed he insisted it would happen.
>>
>>86853809

I just always assumed they could manipulate the friction in their own bodies or some other bullshit to produce flame.
>>
>>86853809
weren't they also all kind of based off different fighting styles, with fire being fast and offensive but shit at defense or something?
>>
>>86853691
this looks like a low budget parody of the movie that was supposed to be made
>>
>>86852862
of course he's planning to make another.
Just like my neutered cat plans on having babies. not gonna happen, but it's what they do, alright?
>>
>>86851460
This.
>>
>>86853862
Fire is largely based on Northern Shaolin if I remember correctly which means a lot of alternating between rapid offence and retreats. Essentially throw out a strong flurry of blows, retreat out of your opponents reach, catch your breath, attack again. So yeah it relies a lot more on evasion or pre-emptive strikes than blocking.
>>
>>86853858
Or they could just ignite the gases in the air, maybe?
Or, you know, like anyone who has actually graduates high-school should be able to recall, that according to the aristotelic theory of "elements" being only air, water, fire and earth; that all things in the world are composed of some amount of each of these elements; and, taking this in mind, that benders are simply able to summon the elements out of objects.
>>
>>86849158
Why do they let Shamalayan still make movies anyways?
Sure, sixth sense was a decent twist, but nothing he did after that had ANY redeeming qualities.
>>
>>86852862
Is he contract locked to do the movies? Because if I was Nick, I'd keep him far away and just reboot the series. Marvel get's away with it.

Really, a movie is still a shitty way to tell the avatar story. I get it, you can compress the season to get rid of filler material, but I'd rather see an HBO like hour long episode mini series of twelve episodes.
>>
>>86852991
Unfortunately I have...basically it's his "Nutnfancy talking about his miscarriaged daughter" level of cringe.
>>
>>86853984
why even retell the story?
there is NO WAY anyone would like it.
the fans would dislike the inconsistencies. the newcomers could as well just watch the series and have a better time.
nobody wins.

>>86853858
>>86853959
isn't the entire fire arc about figuring out what emotions to channel when bending?
Like how Zuko used to fuel his fire with hate for his father and the avatar, and then has to learn to use love as fuel, together with Aang?
>>
>>86853763
He's Indian...so you could say he was raciss and favored hos ownkind in the casting.
>>
>>86854045
If that were true, his other films would be heavily more...brown.
>>
>>86854045
then why not make the already canonically BROWN secodary protagonists ACTUALLY BROWN?!
>>
>>86853984
>Is he contract locked to do the movies? Because if I was Nick, I'd keep him far away and just reboot the series. Marvel get's away with it.

I don't think anyone would bother if Nick Fired M. Night from the franchise and rebooted the whole thing.
>>
>>86853964
Nostalgia also got me for Unbreakable, it was a cool Idea but Bruce's undefined powers besides simply being impervious to harm was a plot hole.

"knowing" the janitor was a child abductor came out of nowhere...were they inplying he could read minds or detect peoples aura and tell who's a bad guy?

The over arching plot was excellent, a weak cripple causing disasters to find a super and be a super villian to keep that super as a super herois Watchmen levels of epic.
>>
>>86849158
Join Kitara and Soaka as they travel with Ovatar Ong while being hunted down by Prince Zuko and Uncle Ear-Oh. Lol. What was with this movie and pronouncing names wrong?
>>
>>86853691
And the rock is going so slow.
>>
>>86854040
>isn't the entire fire arc about figuring out what emotions to channel when bending?
I thought the point of discussion was how the bending happened on the side of the elements not why or how on the side of the benders themselves.
>>
>>86854045
Yeah

as the villains
>>
>>86854861
>remember some guys shouting "Fire within me!", "Water around me!" "Air above me!" and "Earth beneath me!"
>kind of assume fire as an element comes from within, like emotions
>google it
>it's from Mystic Knights, some Super Sentai show with a Knight theme I remember from when I was 10 or something
shit, talk about a blast from the past.
>>
>>86854992
I vaguely remember Mystic Knights, had the pilot on VHS. Thought that shit was cool as fuck for years when I was little.
>>
File: 1444553882785.gif (98KB, 256x358px) Image search: [Google]
1444553882785.gif
98KB, 256x358px
>>86849199
Dude she's 12 and not a cartoon character. Seek help.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.