[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will be the final nail in the coffin? Is there anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 15

File: Justice-League-first-image.jpg (176KB, 1024x540px) Image search: [Google]
Justice-League-first-image.jpg
176KB, 1024x540px
What will be the final nail in the coffin? Is there anything that can save us from this atrocity? What will make WB realise they need to stop?
>>
>>86847969

I feel like it will be the Rise of the Silver Surfer of the 2010s
>>
Batman movie not breaking 1 billion
>>
>>86847969
It will suck ass and DC fanboys will shitpost endlessly about how amazing it was and how we're too stupid to understand it, as though Snyder's hamfisted symbolism is difficult to figure out.
>>
>>86848046
That will definitely happen
>>
OP here, just to be clear I'm talking about the entire DCEU not just JL. I want to know when will this train ride of disappointment and misery end?
>>
>>86848062
That's what everyone said about BvS and in the hands of anyone marginally competent it would have.
>>
>>86848111
No I meant it definitely WON'T break a billion, the only chance of that happening is with a team movie.
>>
>>86848157
>it definitely WON'T break
is trump still president in 2020?
>>
>>86848054
When we talk about you not getting it has nothing to do with the god damn symbolism it's about you fucking retards thinking PA Kent actually told Clark to let the kids die or that he died for a dog or that Bruce & Clark stop fighting JUST because of having the same mothers name.
>>
>>86848580
Why did Pa Kent die then?
>>
>>86848580
If there a three prominent plot points in these films that are almost universally misinterpreted, maybe the fault's on the storytellers for not telling their story in a competent manner.
>>
>>86848054
yup

it used to be funny, then it was sad, now it's just annoying
>>
>>86848770

there are way more bait-threads then anything else, that everything in DC movies becomes a meme doesn'T help either.
>>
>>86847969
JL will make more than it deserves and /co/ will be triggered as always.
>>
>yfw the only DCEU movie to break 1 billion will be Harley Quinn
>>
>Is there anything that can save us from this atrocity?
A song written by Kenny Loggins?
>>
>>86847969
It'll probably make some profit, but like BvS, it'll likely be considered internally a disappointment as it sure as fuck won't hit a billion, it'll without question be a critical flop, the Snyderfags around here will delude themselves into thinking its a masterpiece.
>>
What's the latest news on JL? I've been living under a rock
>>
>>86848046
TDK barely hit a billion, I doubt The Batman will get close
>>
>>86849281
Cyborg is a gamecube game
The Flash is asian
Wonder Woman is terrible
Superman is kill
The Batman will save the DCEU
>>
considering how much needs to happen in this movie it's going to be a huge garbage mess:

introduce aquaman
introduce flash
introduce cyborg
introduce villain
resurrect superman
pointless shit with lois
defeat villain

too much shit needs to happen in this movie for the small amount of time it has. it's gonna be a trainwreck
>>
>>86847969
Ooh, I love me some MCUck in the morning.
>>
>>86847969
What's with all the fucking DC movie shitposting threads the past few days on here? Is it just one salty as fuck guy?
>>
>>86848733
They aren't universally misintrepreted, it's just autismal shitposting from 4chan.
>>
>>86847969

It will gain profit because HYPE! + casuals and normies will be drawn by the popularity (if not by the knowledge of the lore) of the characters. Non reader movie goers will pay and watch it and feel like they're legit fans of the characters because they rooted for them in the film and they liked how they are portrayed.

Shallow fandom will arise and /co/ nerds will have to deal with this sudden rise of non-cannon blabber and interpretation.

Be ready to welcome smug newfags once this hit the big screen /co/
>>
>>86847991
That's not a terrible movie.

It's not great, but it's by no means terrible.

>>86848262
He's probably right. The way BvS was received - even Affleck is still saying there's no solo Batman movie. No script, nothing. Johns and he are attached to write it but they haven't written anything yet, and anything they do write has to be in the wider context of the DCEU. They can't just write "the perfect Batman movie", they have to tie it in now. They're locked into that.

Batman movies have a very questionable history of grosses, especially when you start considering the amount spent on them. Even the two biggest were something like 1:3 spend:return, and nothing is ever going to top the profitability of that first Burton movie.

So you have no script, which means any date is going to keep rolling back until it's officially written and in pre-production. From there you have to worry about quality - it's a concern with Affleck. Sure, he's made great movies, but he's made a lot of shitty ones too, especially when he gets passionate about them. And on top of that you have to worry about audience reception - if they don't like him in JL, they'll hate him in his solo. Saying he was the best thing about BvS is simply damning him with faint praise, not a real compliment.

The worrying thing about audience reception is that BvS was seen by a lot of people worldwide, and very few of them had positive things to say about it, so there's a danger that the solo keeps waiting until Affleck has finished his contract and he chooses not to renew (rather than face criticism as writer/star of The Worst Solo Batman Movie Ever), or that it comes a decade from now for similar fears, or that it happens and the audience has had enough of this shit and just doesn't go see it.

tl;dr there's a very real danger of it not making anything through not existing, and a secondary danger of not making much at all (like half of all Batman movies)
>>
>>86849439
You must not talk to many people outside of 4chan. I've heard the most normie of normies laugh about Martha.
>>
File: 1465237875221.jpg (23KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
1465237875221.jpg
23KB, 500x398px
>>86849042
>>
>>86849319
TDK hit a billion during a time when it was rare as fuck. Only 4 movies ever had broken a billion prior to that, now it's the norm.
>>
>>86849439
It's not just 4chan, anon. Maybe you should try opening another tab and visit other sites.
>>
Lemme guess, the stuff they showed of JL isn't very comforting?
>>
>>86849439
The fact that "Martha" has become a meme tells a lot about the incompetence of the writer and director.
>>
>>86847969
My "dropped!" moment was the reveal of Mighty Morphin' Power Flash.
>>
>>86849519
No, it tells a lot about the dumb fucking meme culture audience that goes to see movies now.

>inb4 le 2deep4u meme

It's not deep, if you didn't get it you're just a total fucking moron.
>>
>director takes creative liberty with characters
What exactly is wrong with that? If movies were like comics Id just read comics
>>
>>86849457
>but they haven't written anything yet
What? Yes they have.
>>
>>86847969
Final nail in the coffin for Marvel, especially if critics give it a 5% and it breaks 2 billion.
>>
>>86849556
I wonder if fans of novels get as assblasted as capeshit fans(who probably don't even read comics).
>>
>>86848632
Because he didn't know the extent of Clark's powers. A big part of the audience's issues stem from not being able to see things from the character's perspective. YOU know Clark has insane durability, but he doesn't. YOU know that Clark saving people at that age will not have as bad repercussions as Pa Kent believes, but he doesn't (though to be fair he could be right since this is a different universe.)
>>
>>86849507
Shut up, Boco.
>>
>>86849634

I was just asking, sheesh.

Yes sir...
>>
>>86849544
Yea, I should have realized that Snyder elitist apologists will just go on pretending that the film was exclusively made for them to enjoy as if all other audience's criticisms does not hold any weight at all. It's mainstream blockbuster cinema, why would you expect majority of the audience marvel at Easter eggs and references and meanings and shit.
>>
File: Man shrugging.jpg (39KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
Man shrugging.jpg
39KB, 400x267px
I'm excited for it.
>>
>>86849594
They probably do but it never goes past "The book was better" unless it was a completely fucked adaptation

Even then, live action capeflicks never directly adapt comica besides Civil War (I guess).
>>
>>86849699
Me too. They better have this as its opening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa2jYn3LmlE
>>
>>86849624
So you're saying he was afraid Clark would die? I'm pretty sure his abilities are know by pa kent, he could lift a bus when he was 12.
>>
>>86849798
Strength isn't the same as durability.
>>
>>86848580
>If Clark's mom's name was linda Batman would've killed him
>nobody calls their mom by their first name, especially when talking to a stranger during their final breaths
>Superman should've just picked up Bats in the beginning, kept his arms by his side and calmly told him the situation instead of throwing him through a building, talking slow and not getting to the point so he could easily be attacked before he made his point.
>>
>>86848733
thats retarded, of course people that understood it arent going to post "I understood this scene" as much as people who didnt understand it are going to ask what it meant.
You are basically saying the loudest group MUST be the majority.

inb4 normies, I saw BvS with 3 totally normie friends and they understood it just fine.
>>
>>86849847
But his muscles and skin could have regular durability and are just fine taking that weight? They never bring up clark's powers being unknown as a plot motivation so using it as an excuse is super idiotic. Try a different reason.
>>
>>86847969
>What will be the final nail in the coffin?
If and when the films cease to be profitable. That's the one and only thing that matters to WB.
>>
>>86849723
>They probably do but it never goes past "The book was better" unless it was a completely fucked adaptation

For a good and recent example of the latter, see the reaction to the World War Z movie from fans of the book. It got to the point that the book's author outright disowned the movie for not just being horrendous, but for having almost nothing to do with the book beyond the basic premise of "military vs. zombies".

>Even then, live action capeflicks never directly adapt comica besides Civil War (I guess).

I wouldn't call Captain America: Civil War a direct adaptation of the comic. And, honestly, it's better for it. The Civil War comic event sucked (and from what I hear, so did Civil War II), but the movie was good.
>>
>>86849947
What if they find a more profitable IP to put the funds into?
>>
>>86849983
Like what? They've already milked LotR and Harry Potter dry.
>>
>>86849693
This.

They're not ours anymore - these heroes. The film medium have opened up the doors for a community much much larger than us. The screenplay can't be myopic and autistic enough to expect the normies to catch what we could catch. They're expecting a superhero film full of action, badassery and thrill - visual candy and pure entertainment.

Why are some of you acting like like its auteur cinema?
>>
>>86850013
I don't know, just coming up with hypotheticals
>>
>>86850013
If DC ceases to be profitable, they'll find or make another IP to milk. And if they can't, they'll reboot a previously-milked IP in order to milk it some more.
>>
>>86849921
Because 3 normies is a good enough population sample to conclude your hypothesis.
>>
Will it still continue when Justice League is rotten and doesn't break a billion?
>>
>>86849947
>If and when the films cease to be profitable

The budget for the film must be astounding. The cast alone will eat up a huge chunk then you'd have the production and crew. Marketing and shizz...they'll need to sell this good or it's a huge gg.
>>
>>86850216
When WB is ashes, they have my permission to die.
>>
What happens when DC starts rolling out lesser known heroes and they can't fall back on well known names?
>Inb4 suicide squad
Joker (most iconic comic book movie villain of all time was the centre of marketing)
What happens to the box-office when they roll out completely unknowns to the general public like cyborg or shazam?
>>
>>86850349
Hopefully what happened with Guardians and Ant-Man. Success!
>>
>>86850373
Rested on the back of marvel studios sterling track record, opposed to DC's literal stinking shit track record.
>>
>>86849042

If a well-reviewed, well-received/well-liked, well-marketed Deadpool movie didn't break a billion, some movie about some d-list isn't going to, either.
>>
>>86850556
Whelp if it's PG it might, hopefully not but it's sorta possible.
>>
>>86847969
Can't be worse than 90% of marvel flicks
>>
>>86850556

>Harley
>D-list

Wew
>>
>>86850013
Mortal Kombat?
>>
>>86850659
In terms of mainstream films desu
>>
>>86850215
I understood it, my three normie friends understood it, my normie GF (well she read Sandman and 100 bullets, but she is a cape normie) understood it, my dad understood it.

Literally everyone I've talked to has understood the movie just fine.
>>
>>86850699

She's very popular right now
>>
>>86849699
>>86849789
prepare for disappointment
>>
File: Snyder Cycle.png (1MB, 2673x1750px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder Cycle.png
1MB, 2673x1750px
>>86849699
>>
>>86850756
This picture has lost any meaning it might've had at this point.
>>
>>86850712
> These are my population sample that would represent and form conclusion about the bigger population.
>>
Ok show of hands, who here had to explain the nightmare sequence/flash message to their normie friends? I think it was like 4 for me
>>
>>86850836
Yes, it loses all meaning with how accurate it is.
>>
>>86849457
Cosmic Doom is whole lotta fun. The marriage shit clogging the first act and bleeding over into the second is tiresome, though.
>>
>>86849414
He's jealous that DC are killing in on the comics front.
>>
>>86847969
Theyve been great movies fagelo.
>>
>>86847969
Don't watch it if you don't like it.
See? Easy.
>>
>>86851369
>>86851374
>s-stop picking on me
>>
>>86851232
y-you're friends are just retards. those scenes were entirely relevant and totally didn't slow the movie down.
>>
>>86851232
Probably because it made no sense, was completely out of place and is a terrible motivation for the plot of justice league. Also it terrifies everyone because it means Hack Snyder has this shitshow planned for very far in the future.
>>
>>86851232
*raises hand*
>>
>>86851335
>killing in
Thanks, that perfectly sums up how intelligent all of you guys are.
>>
>>86851232
Me but I blame MoS haters for that. BvS biggest issue was it was bloated and long because the entire movie was just trying to justify and apologize to the people that hated MoS.
>>
>>86851374
Well, they're dragging possibly great chances for great films with beloved characters through the shit so he has every reason to be annoyed.
>>
>>86851583
See >>86851554
People bashed MoS way too hard so BvS was disjointed and confusing because they were trying to make a new movie while apologizing for the other one needlessly. Also they tried to hold your hand way too heavily but instead of helping it just confused people.
>>
>>86849319
Going to be funny whwen it does a billion easy. Can't wait for the salt
>>
>>86851335
>riding the wave of #1's and skwad hype

Harley Quinn being a bestseller is nothing to brag about my deecee friend.
>>
>>86849414
MCUcks are like Sony fanboys. Not fond of any sort of competition. SS doing as well as it did spooked them. They know that the first DCEU movie that gets it right, will show people just how bland the MCU really is.
>>
>>86849457
>even Affleck is still saying there's no solo Batman movie. No script, nothing. Johns and he are attached to write it but they haven't written anything yet, and anything they do write has to be in the wider context of the DCEU. They can't just write "the perfect Batman movie", they have to tie it in now. They're locked into that.

He literally came out and said the official title " The Batman" and is among for 2018 release. The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>86851696
This you fucking idiots hated on a movie so hard that you inadvertently made the sequel worse than it would have been.
>>
>>86851696
>>86851799

>it's not zack snyder's fault that he doesn't get the genre and shits on characters.
>it's your fault for shitting on him because he doesn't get the genre and shits on characters.

W E W
E
W
>>
>>86851853
What. This was the first time Batman was accurate in size and personality. The first time the rage and paranoia were front and center. As a real Batman fan him inadvertently killing some people doesn't matter to me as much as those things and this Bruce and Batman was spot fucking on in his personality and looks.
>>
>>86851883
>As a real Batman fan
fucking lmao
>>
>>86850712
>>86850847

In most peoples cases it's not that they didn't understand it. They understood it just fine, but thought it was lackluster.

>oh, Clark having a mom named Martha just made batman humanize him

>wait, that still doesn't explain why they're suddenly best buds. Lex had a mom too.
>>
>>86851906
You do realize how sad it makes you look when you come on the comics board and laugh at people for liking comic characters right?
>>
>>86852214
No, it's the fact that you describe yourself as "a real batman fan". It comes from a place of "I understand this movie because it was made for me, people who don't like it just don't understand it. You're probably the same person who has described himself as "a real superman fan" in these threads when defending superman being a mopey bitch with 6 lines in all. Calling yourself a real anything is an easy way to know exactly where you're coming from in your argument. Actual fans don't describe themselves in such a way.
>>
>>86852259
Kek no I just have to distinguish myself from all you faggots that just watched th cartoons or started reading comics a few years ago because I actually know what I'm talking about and have been reading for decades. I'm happy they finally got both Bruce and Batman's personalities right.
>>
>>86852376
>Kek
Stopped reading right here.
>>
>>86851787
No, he didn't.

>"I just mentioned the other day, its been around for a long time that the movie, there is no Batman movie happening yet, we're still trying to figure it out, get the script, the budget, and all that stuff, and someone said what are you calling it, and I had said like, back when we were doing, like, promoting another movie, I was like "well, we don't have a name for it and now we're just calling it The Batman or Batman movie or Batman", and I said that and it was like "Affleck announces the title of his new", and you know, you can't, you can't even touch it without it being, and they're like "this title's so boring" and "this title sucks".

>>86849561
No, they haven't.

>>86851277
Yeah but it's a family movie and that worked for the Incredibles, what are you gonna do?
>>
>>86852386
You have to go back
>>
>>86847969
>What will make WB realise they need to stop?
An endless cavalcade of D*sney interns saying so on /co/, it seems.
Go back to your boss and let him know you failed.
>>
>>86851232
>pointless nightmare sequence within a flash forward
I had to try to justify what was the point of it to myself first
>>
>>86852618
You mean like how everyone but /co/ntrarians failed to like this garbage?
>>
>>86851698
Remember when Batman vs Superman made as much money as Avengers?
>>
>>86852376
The only thing they got right with Batman in this movie was his fucking chin. Any REAL fan would know this.
>>
>>86852684
Batman shooting those rifles and guns is inexcusable.
>b-but it was a dream sequence
Shit written scenes do not justify shit characterization botches.
>>
>>86852931
No. The only thing they got "wrong" was him not being as strict on his no kill rule. The paranoia and rage are essential Batman and youd know this if you didnt just watch cartoons.
>>
>>86852976
>characterization botches

But thats pretty much in line with the comicbooks.
Batman turns into a murderous fuck in most alt. universe/future stories.

Read some actual comics.
>>
File: Snyderfag Delusion.png (404KB, 1898x405px) Image search: [Google]
Snyderfag Delusion.png
404KB, 1898x405px
>>86851698
How could it possibly do that?

Synder has poisoned the brand.

What is the big draw of this movie? BvS LITERALLY already did Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in one movie.

You really think Momoa's talentless ass as Aquaman is going to draw them in? Aspie Flash? FUCKING CYBORG?

Not to mention this movie already looks like a clusterfuck where the villains are literally who demon and Lex Zuckerberg again, who most audiences already hated.

tl;dr snyderfag delusion will never not be hilarious
>>
why do I feel like I've already read this thread at least 10 times by now?
>>
>>86851268
except nobody fucking says that but /tv/ memers.
>>
>>86853463
/tv/ memers are the only ones pretending this movie was good
>>
>>86853365
Only 10?
>>
>>86852976
Actually, Batman using big honkin guns in post-apocalyptic futures is pretty accurate to most comic storylines.
>>
>>86853173
I know I've been reading comics for a lot longer than you have.

Try reading something that came out before 2006.
>>
>>86854416
[citation needed]

And if it's from a comic that was published after batman begins was released I'm gonna shit all over it.
>>
>>86847969
>What will be the final nail in the coffin?

When Marvel releases their Squadron Supreme movie.
>>
File: batmobile1.gif (243KB, 998x696px) Image search: [Google]
batmobile1.gif
243KB, 998x696px
>>86854501

"Rubber bullets. Honest."
>>
File: 2012-05-06_165644_Detective575.jpg (51KB, 400x601px) Image search: [Google]
2012-05-06_165644_Detective575.jpg
51KB, 400x601px
>>
>>
>>86849457
That Dodge line alone could make it one of the worst movies in the past 50 years.
>>
>>
File: q7v78jcamxlrghwv3ldz.png (261KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
q7v78jcamxlrghwv3ldz.png
261KB, 636x358px
>>
File: batman-Odyssey-2-1.jpg (165KB, 1333x617px) Image search: [Google]
batman-Odyssey-2-1.jpg
165KB, 1333x617px
>>
>>86847969

WB will stop when the DCEU movies massively underperform, and aren't just somewhat disappointing. If JL is a bomb or only just makes back its budget or doesn't make at least $1 billion, it may be enough to finish the DCEU.
>>
>>86855825
>If JL doesn't make at least $1 billion, it may be enough to finish the DCEU.

"Suicide Squad needs at least $2.38 billion to make its money back."
>>
>>86854430
you mean like the original batman run where he lynches a guy with his batplane and shoots people with guns?

>waaah muh batman killing

bvs had its problems but this is a shitty argument
>>
>>86854416
>>86855080
>>86855669
>>86855723
>>86855756
>>86855785
>>86855821
What-ifs and alternate universes aren't canon
>>
>>86848580

My problem with "Man of Steel" is threefold.

1. Clark barely speaks in the movie and so I feel like I didn't really get to know him as a character, I more saw Clark through Lois' and Pa Kent's and Jor El's eyes. Clark was super reactive throughout the entire movie and came across as a weak character that needed someone to always tell him what to do.

2. It's been a few months since I watched MoS but I feel like Zack Snyder didn't spend enough time exploring Clark's reaction tot he Kryptonians. It's driven home throughout the movie that Clark feels extremely isolated because of his alien heritage, but when others of his species show up, there's no "holy shit I'm not alone" from him, which anyone who's felt isolated would have. I mean, we see that reaction in real life with regards to LGBT people joining an LGBT community for the first time or a minority joining a larger minority community.

3. Clark's trauma upon killing Zod isn't explored. He kills the last of his species for another species that just barely tolerates that, but after a quick scream, that's it.
>>
File: tdkr.jpg (301KB, 1279x725px) Image search: [Google]
tdkr.jpg
301KB, 1279x725px
>>86856327
>where batman didn't kill anyone
>>
>>86855917

Let them keep pretending DKR (where batman didn't kill anyone), Golden Age what ifs, tongue-in-cheek cartoons and out of context comic book covers outweigh one of the most well established attributes of the character.
>>
>>86847969
>that cyborg
jesus christ why?
why not the green alien instead
>>
File: greenlantern1.jpg (45KB, 400x393px) Image search: [Google]
greenlantern1.jpg
45KB, 400x393px
>>86856503
>>
File: guns.jpg (77KB, 800x337px) Image search: [Google]
guns.jpg
77KB, 800x337px
>>86856391
Nice try genius. Nobody was killed on these pages.
>>
>>86856602

Except the mutant with all the blood spatter behind him.
>>
>>86855906
>b-but muh golden age bats killed people

And the creators retconned it all out of existence because they knew it was too edgy for a super hero comic.
>>
>>86856602
>implying Batman didn't use his penis extension to rape the fuck out of a lower class criminal, then lied to look good like all men do
>>
>>86856636
>Except

http://legendsrevealed.com/entertainment/2016/07/21/did-batman-actually-kill-anyone-in-the-dark-knight-returns/
>>
>>86855905

It's not about making money back. "Justice League" is supposed to be THE DCEU movie and the answer to the MCU's "Avengers". Which means positive reviews and breaking $1 billion. You get the whole Justice League in a live action movie for the first time and it doesn't make over $1 billion? That's pathetic and WB would know it.
>>
As SS proved, meme magic works so wish that it will suck hard enough and it will come true.
>>
>>86856887
Justice League doesn't need meme magic to suck, it has Snyder magic.
>>
>>86856779

That's an opinion piece, not fact.. Show me Miller saying it.
>>
>>86853305
Everyone hated SS but people still saw it.
>>
>>86857611
> Batman kills someone
> never mentioned anywhere else in the book
> commissioner doesn't want to arrest him for murder when she puts a warrant for her arrest
> makes an effort to use rubber bullets later

It's just a misinterpreted panel Snyder fell for
>>
It will be full of quips and people will stutter that it's okay if DC does it.
>>
>>86847969
tfw haven't watched BVS yet.
>>
>>86855917
Neither are movies.
>>
>>86847969
>What will make WB realise they need to stop?
flopping in the box office
which won't happen because DC fans are so desperate to have DC movies even if the quality is questionable.
>>
>>86849624
The reason DCEU Jonathan and Clark don't know the extent of Clark's powers is because they never TRIED to know. There's no bits of child Clark super jumping or lifting tractors or anything to explore what he can do, and whenever he has a power outbreak it's treated as something that needs to be stamped out rather than understood or worked through in controlled conditions like the isolation of your acre of farmland.

And I tried to look at it from the character perspective of "Well, he doesn't want to risk his son getting discovered" but that doesn't work either because Clark had super senses and heat vision trigger in the middle of the school day and if that were my kid and my motivation was "hide his alien powers t all cost" I'd be pulling him out the next day and home schooling him from then on.

That's the biggest problem across the board. I'm supposed to cheer for characters that never try and never operate at their fullest capacities, but they never go far enough down the deconstruction route to satisfy that way either.
>>
>>86850013
>They've already milked LotR and Harry Potter dry.
They haven't milked Harry Potter quite yet.
It's embarrassing but I'm actually kind of looking forward to Fantastic Beasts. The trailers did a good job
>>
>>86853305
>Synder has poisoned the brand.

Then how is Suicide Squad one of the top earners of the year DESPITE critical panning? It ought to have done worse than Ghostbusters if that was the case.
>>
>>86855917
>What-ifs and alternate universes aren't canon

Neither are dreams and alternative timelines that are prevented from happening within the story, bub.
>>
>>86861869
>Then how is Suicide Squad one of the top earners of the year DESPITE critical panning?
Snyder's name isn't on it, and the later trailers made it look very different tonally from the previous two movies.

I'm actually kind of entertained by the cognitive dissonance it's caused in /tv/'s kinofags. They have to side with it because it's DC and that's the horse they want to back, but the fact that Skwad was edited to shit to be so normie friendly means their high art excuses can't stick properly.

Suicide Squad's success is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. It's a step in the right direction of getting rid of all these pretentious fucks that think fun is a four letter word. It's just a shame that Deadshot of all characters was allowed more charisma than Superman.
>>
>>86847969
seriously dude? I dunno, at least they are trying new things. we all shoulda be thankful, if there is one single thing capable of stoping the comicbook movie fatigue is Justice league. Come on dude, the new spider man movie is just there to sell you toys, look at the fucking web shootters. civil war is a fucking cartoon. And agents of shit killed any possible future for inhumans.
>>
>>86861983
>Snyder's name isn't on it, and the later trailers made it look very different tonally from the previous two movies.

So in other words the brand isn't toxic or poisoned like the other guy claimed.
>>
>>86861840
>And I tried to look at it from the character perspective of "Well, he doesn't want to risk his son getting discovered" but that doesn't work either because Clark had super senses and heat vision trigger in the middle of the school day and if that were my kid and my motivation was "hide his alien powers t all cost" I'd be pulling him out the next day and home schooling him from then on.

Isolating your kid after that just makes him the town weirdo and just attracts more attention in the long run, not to mention makes him ill adjusted when he isn't interacting with kids of his own age.
>>
>>86847969
ITT: I have formed the opinion that the movie is bad before it has even released, therefore I am unopen to the very idea of it being possibly decent and will trash anything about it.
>>
>>86849461
I've talked to normies who religiously avoid comics of all kinds, and they instantly get my references to "the Martha incident".
>>
>>86862202
Depends on your definitions, I think.
Snyder's name and associated tone are likely more mud than anything else. But I have no dog in this fight either way. MoS was my first and last DCEU movie.
>>
>>86862302
But he *was* the town weirdo; we see him get bullied a lot as a kid specifically because of it.
And while I know you're going to insist otherwise I think he was also ill adjusted and there were no indications that he had any positive interactions with kids his own age. I think the movie did all this because they were preoccupied with selling the idea that Clark was isolated and alienated to his powers and that they wanted Lois to be his first (if not only) real link to humanity outside of his parents.
>>
>>86862411
ITP: I've already decided to defend this movie and will continue to do so for the next year, plus another three to five afterwards, because y showing slavish devotion to a particular film franchise I can showcase myself as having a patrician intellect. I will declare anyone that disagrees with me to only be resorting to memes and incapable of thinking and deciding for themselves.
>>
>>86851583
Not to mention that as long as the DCEU continues in its current form, we are being denied better takes on these characters in cinema.
>>
>>86853159
>> Batman is paranoid and angry
Only the shitty Frank Miller version. All eight canon issues of him, out of hundreds.
>>
>>86860850
Zack Snyder has diagnosed dyslexia and is illiterate, so there's that.
>>
>>86852024
it wasnt just the mom, it was also Lois caring for him obviously
>>
>>86863135
>But he *was* the town weirdo; we see him get bullied a lot as a kid specifically because of it.

But that was just normal kids being dicks to somebody slightly different. If they had isolated Clark he'd become the town freak that everybody goes to see due to the increasingly weird stories being circulated. When he's kept in school, he's weird, but he's also so mundane that beyond some slightly bullying it never turns into anything larger that would attract much attention.

>and there were no indications that he had any positive interactions with kids his own age.

Didn't they do something with Pete Ross after Clark saves the bus?
>>
>>86860850
>It's just a misinterpreted panel Snyder fell for

A lot of people have the same interpretation. Death of the author, etc.
>>
Film will be good and will have some great cinematography, choreography and references even if it doesnt. It'll likely be panned by critics but loved by the general audience and fans like the last 3 films were and disliked by teenagers, salty marvel fans and people suffering from autism.

>>86856636
its a chick fa.m

>>86856695
it was more the comics code authority which did that.

>>86863221
you are kidding right?
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.