[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do people like batman for his personality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (8KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 318x159px
do people like batman for his personality?
>>
Bruce is a kinda an ass
>>
>>86847256
People like him because he has money.
>>
>>86847256
he has a shitty personality, so no.
>>
I do.

It's very relatable.
>>
>>86847256
The only Batman that I've really liked was Dick. I wish that Bruce had stayed gone longer
>>
>>86847256
what personality?
>>
>>86847256
He's a manbaby. People only like him for his money, gadgets, and costume.
>>
In their universe, people like Bruce for his ass and Batman for his suicidal heroism.

In our universe, people like Batman because memes and Morrison.
>>
>>86847256
We have the same personality disorder which makes him relatable.
>>
>>86847256
Batman has an interesting personalitty.

You guys need to read more 80' and 90's comics, where he had more of a personalitty and other emotions apart from grumpness.

He got flamderized.
>>
>>86848277
Does he have sex with The Joker?
>>
>>86848291
He did in that Batman: Europa thing...
>>
>>86847256
I don't like Batman, so I'm curious about it too.

Batman fans, what do you find interesting about him? Not trolling, just want to understand. Read many Batman stories every time I find him dull.
>>
>>86848316
*and every time
>>
>>86848316
His relationship with the Joker and how it will blossom into a sexual obsession.
>>
>>86848316
He's like James Bond. You're supposed to put yourself in the character and that's why he has no personality.
>>
>>86848291
Only on Flashpoint when Joker was a woman, because turns out that he isn't gay and a character being gay doesn't make them interesting.

His relationships with womem felt more natural on the 80's tho, where he acted more like a human.
>>
>>86848316
I grew up on B:TAS and its merchandising, my favourite Batman is a gadget addict with ridiculous toys. The moment they try to break him down into something more than a rich nutcase with toys is where I lose interest.

I blame Morrison.
>>
>>86848316
I like bats.
>>
>>86848360
But he has a personalitty.

Even casuals know this.
>>
>>86848360
Right. I can never self insert into characters, so that's probably why I don't care for him.
>>
>>86848382
Brooding is not a personality.
>>
>>86848384
Make a character in a superhero-themed game, see what happens.
>>
>>86848343
>>86848360
>>86848365
>>86848380
So far I learned that people like Batman for

>his pseudo gay relationship with a crazy clown
>self insert purposes
>gadgets and toys
>his bat look

Those seem pretty shallow reasons for liking a character. I still don't understand why he's so popular.
>>
>>86848504
He can beat any hero with prep time.
>>
>>86848542
Ok, add

>anime-tier power level wank/my favorite character can beat your favorite character!
>>
>>86847460
>a nutcase, social-piranha basement-dweller who dresses up as an animal (re: furry) and has his parent-butler bring him snacks is relatable
Says a lot about the character's fan base.
>>
File: 1475996016624.jpg (84KB, 491x318px) Image search: [Google]
1475996016624.jpg
84KB, 491x318px
>>86848504
Good motivation, some of the best rogue galleries and can work on multiple genres.

>>86848400
>Batman has no other emotion besides brooming

Stop being casual.

Going Sane or even his training arc on the fall of the bat desagree. His entire victory against Azhael was by being anti-grumpy.
>>
>>86848618
ALFRED! BRING ME MORE CHICKEN TENDIES! I HAVE TO PREPARE FOR THROWING MY PISS JARS AT THE JOKER TINIGHT1
>>
>>86848504
>>86848316
i like how he sacrifices parts of himself to become an ideal and how it`s the source of strengths and his flaws
>>
>>86848316
I like Batman for a few reasons, some of which are conflicting.
>He's controlled
Batman doesn't really get angry, everything is taken rather seriously but also controlled. It makes him feel a bit more grounded.
>Kinda blank slate
As others have said, Batmans emotions are just there to drive and incite conflicts. He doesn't like bad-guys, bad things and he doesn't compromise. Everything between the start and end of each story is just how Batman gets there to solve the problem, you can read how he solves mysteries and it's not Bruce talking. It's the writer giving you a pat on the back. This isn't to say that every story of Batman is like this, but the majority are they're easy to slip into accordingly.
>Gadgets and style
He's cool, he has made-up toys that are often needlessly specific or just broad enough that he can cleverly use them unconventionally. He looks cool when he's stood on the side of a building in the rain, or when he's silhouetted and being menacing.
>Rogue Gallery
Batman has the best Rogues Gallery, lots of villians that do different things and they mostly are some kind of reflection of Batman.
>>
>>86848291
yes, all the time.
>>
File: ace.png (1MB, 1280x704px) Image search: [Google]
ace.png
1MB, 1280x704px
>>86847256
Yes.
>>
File: didlyfeelerino.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
didlyfeelerino.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>86850840
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.