[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weekly write thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: write.png (514KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
write.png
514KB, 630x630px
Instead of the usual series of questions let's make a little exercise.

>MANDATORY QUESTIONS:
I. You will pitch your work as if you were speaking to a producer/editor in order to sell him the project. You will take into acount the intended audience, the genre, the appeal and the atmosphere of your work among other thing. Don't hesitate comparing it to other existing works in order to be better understood.

II. You will give your opinion about the work posted just above your own. Describing what you liked about it, what you disliked about it and what you would change to make it better.

>FACULTATIVE QUESTIONS:
III. You will describe the main flaws and lacks in your work (according to you) and tell how you intend to fix them.

IV. You will describe what will be the next goals you intend for the creation of your work.

V. You will share other work ideas you have in a few words.
>>
>>86845445
Alright, I'll give this a shot.

I. A student is caught up in multiple conspiracies during a work placement in the local diplomatic wing of an inter-dimensional bureaucracy (think a more corrupt version of the UN). It's a science-fiction story, with a lot of biopunk and cyberpunk elements. In terms of thematic stuff it's mostly about power and it's use, as well as violence and how it's portrayed in today's media (the message, I suppose, is "this is cool but really fucked up, and if you put anybody who enjoys that sort of stuff in media in an actual violent situation they'd get fucked").
I'll admit that I have no idea in terms of its appeal, I'm writing it cos it's the kind of story I'd like to see out there. If people like it, great. If they don't oh well.
It's intended audience is definitely around the late teens and up crowd, though I think the sweet spot'll be young college students if it ever gets actually finished. The atmosphere is kind of like Pacific Rim, in a sense that the current situation is fucked, but the cast is taking steps to fix things.

II. When I posted this nobody else had posted. I'll stick around for a while to see if anybody actually posts and I'll give thoughts on their stuff.

III. I'm still very much a beginner writer, so I bet many of the flaws associated with that'd be present. Only real way to fix this is to keep writing, right?
Also, most of the different realities showcased are quite like our own in terms of the laws of physics and such. There's very little in the way of "The Delegation of Abstract Shapes from the Quivering Rend will see you know," stuff. There's a reason for that in-canon but some people might still find that a waste.
Also the cast is very diverse and there's a lot of people especially on this site who'd write it off immediately because of it. I'm not bothered about it, but some people are. Oh well.
Continued next post.
>>
>>86846165
IV. Next goal is basically to get more of the damn thing written. I'm busy with a lot of stuff and finding writing motivation can be difficult. I'll get there one day, but it'll take a while.

V. Fantasy story where extreme skill in any field results in being able to perform magical feats. For example, if you were very well-versed in social etiquette and asked a flammable material to ignite it'd burst into flames.
>>
>>86846165
Do you have a link to share your work?
>>
>>86846369
I'm not making in-progress stuff public right now, but this post on my tumblr has links to a number of really short stories designed to help me get a feel for who and what I was writing.
http://armouredswampert.tumblr.com/post/141109615987/wanderlust
>>
After losing my job I spent a week watching Futurama and playing Hitman, and as an inevitable conclusion came compulsion to write original flavour fan fiction about Planet Express protecting Nixon from shapeshifter assassins.

I'm surprised to learn how little I care about Bender.
>>
>>86845445
Cool someone is still making theses.

OP I think the words you're looking for is Elevator Pitch

>A witch rips out a teens heart and another witch sets him up to go on a great adventure to get his heart back. But along the way he hear news that the witch that's helping him might be the evil witch.

>>>86847421
That better be funny

I'm a lazy shit head who like making 3 to 6 page shorts

Shiiiiit son, I just started going back to college after getting a solid job I can't tell you now
>>
>>86845445
I. A couple of bee-people defend their hive and the surrounding area from a variety of threats, including wasp gangs, small animals, and a large swarm of plant-based crimes against nature. Shenanigans ensue.

Atmosphere is generally light-hearted, though it does start getting darker after the previously-mentioned plant monsters show up. Aiming for around the 12-18 crowd, but it could be possible to adjust up and down a bit. Not too sure about potential appeal, in all honesty.

II. >>86846165 could be interesting, but I'd like to know a little more about it.

III. So far, coming up with episode ideas outside ones that tie into the overall plot.

IV. With the previous in mind, my current goal is to actually come up with those episodes. That and finalize of couple of designs I'm still debating.

V. I have a couple in mind, but the main one is a Mad Max-style black comedy about a drifter who keeps being dragged into increasingly horrible situations.
>>
>>86845445
shit "questions" tbqh family

also, the main problem with this threads is the "lol no link" and people only describing their ideas, or thing they are writing, but never actually showing it

enjoy a bump, anyway, i will post later
>>
>>86845445
>>
I. A story set in a very far future about a non-human civilization in plant Earth and their struggle to figure out the nature of human ruins all over the planet and the moon, and the consequences that has for their own worldviews of the universe and themselves. I believe its target demo would be western people between 18 and 35 with no particular background other than curiosity and open mind about matters such as morals, ethics, what constitutes life, etc.

II. >>86851041

As long as it has a way to engage me in caring about the Hive or its inhabitants, it could be a fun read. Art could contribute to this, it needs to be a really cool looking-hive. I dont believe it needs to be lighthearted tho, eusociality can be explored along with mature theremes (my own stuff i talk about here tries to do that).

III. Too over-reaching. Could easily turn into endless world-building with no overall plot. Possibly solvable by focusing on a small group of characters.

IV. I need to begin drawing some concept art at least.
>>
>>86845445
Oh god, I'm terrible at pitches
I. A teen slacker finds a giant robot sitting in their lawn. He and his best friend argue over what to do with it at first until decide on one thing: making money. For the first week they build up tons of promotion and hype for the robot, charge people for rides and pictures, and use it to pick up girls.After a couple of weeks giant monsters start showing up tearing through town. The monster only show up once a week, this being a reference to classic monster-of-the-week robot shows. The townspeople love the robot and its teenage pilot, however each time a monster is destroyed a giant ship comes through a hole in the sky to collect the remains.
The main character is a 16 year old with no real life goals for himself but everyone around him has goals for him that he just doesn't want. The tone would start out lighthearted but over time get slowly darker. A major theme for the show would be maturity and growing up which makes the target demographic kids 10-15.
II.>>86853970
I dig the setting and am already interested to see the world and how it got the way it is. What kind of technology is in this story?
III. Personally it feels too much like I'm inserting too many of my own personal feelings into my work. I also don't have as strong of a supporting cast as I'd like, the main character is only friends with two other people.
IV. I guess find an artist, I've got a script written for issue 1 and some outlines for every story arc.
V. I also have a body horror cyborg insect story I'm converting to novel format.
>>
>>86845445
1. The series will serve as my personal thesis on superheroes. Phrased differently, my series is about superheroes and their role in an adapting world. The difference between my series and others is that I plan on having characters that are significantly more human and flawed than most others associated with the big 2. Against the superhero backdrop, I plan on subverting most of the classic tropes and plot lines (evil twin, alternate dimension, supervillains tearing up downtown) in ways not seen in current media. The closest comparison to my series is Invincible. The series is definitely geared towards 18+ crowd, with it running around 80 issues, split into 8 issue arcs, with each arc split into two halves, with each half being composed of two separate two issue arcs.

II. Personally I'm intrigued by the Futurama Hitman combo but I realize it's fanfiction. The other story I'm interested in was the Bee-People conflict. The only concern is managing to create a tone that is distinct from Antz, Bug's life, and Bee Movie.

III. I have a tendency to overwrite dialog, leading some issues to be "boring" by my standards. I'm increasing the pacing and trying to follow the saying, "show, don't tell" mantra.

IV. Next goal is to work on comic bible.

V. Revamped 1960's era space travel. A grown up version of Time-Squad emphasizing future technology and misplaced historical figures.
>>
I know "how do I stay motivated" is a common question without a good answer.

But seriously. I haven't written anything creatively in years. I have so many ideas but any time I actually think about creating prose and dialogue I feel sick to my stomach.

Maybe I just need to read more literature instead of comics to get my head in that place.
>>
>>86845445
1.- well you see, this is a story for teens and young adults mostly, like most romance stories are, the big difference is the setting and how the plot progresses since you can consider ir a deconstruction of romances stories/series
ok, not to describe it, "a boy falls in love with a girl", thats it, you can see where this is going now and you are right about it. here is the rest "Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE."
like i told you, this aint your ordinary boy falls in love with girl and tries to romance her story

2.- >>86853970 this nigga right here, that shit sounds 10/10, i dont like that he isnt working on it and that he didnt gave us any links

3.- it may sound a little cliche and some people will not understand it at first, or people will not like it since its so different to the stories they are use to see/read

4.-trying to not fall in common tropes and then trying to not make it a totally different thing to what it was suppose to be at first

5.-nothing since im trying to focus on this one
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.