[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is the point of this channel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7

File: Nicktoons_2014_logo.svg.png (6KB, 300x53px) Image search: [Google]
Nicktoons_2014_logo.svg.png
6KB, 300x53px
What the fuck is the point of this channel?
>>
It was originally European Imports:the channel
>>
>>86838373
>mostly shows shitty nickcoms and current shows
Atleast it plays loud house, harvey beaks, and classic spongebob alot.
>>
>>86838373
To put shit on that nobody wanted, like that shitty skater show, My Life as a Teenage Robot, or that extremly weird NFL show.
I think they changed that though. I believe it is now another Spongebob channel.
>>
>>86838509
Anyone else really fucking miss secret show?
>>
>>86838373
It's where they show cartoons, since Nickelodeon is consumed by Spongebob reruns and Dan Schneider's harem of 13 year olds.
>>
>>86838564
That and Corneil and Bernie/Watch my Chops
>>
>>86838717
I really need to watch Corneil and Bernie again
>>
i'm pissed Nick moved Pig Goat Banana Cricket to Nicktoons
>>
Wasn't it supposed to be nick's boomerang?
>>
>>86838373
Nick needed a channel to send shows to die
>>
>>86838373
wanna be boomerang the channel
>>
>>86839542
Basically, that was the intention, but it never happened that way. They turned it into, "W-Well we paied for these shows and we should air them a bit more but don't want our main channel to plummet in ratings. Just put it off unto the unloved bastard child channel."

I don't even remember any nostaliga from it. The only show I remember seeing being run into the ground during the early stages of the channel was ATLA. Which was kinda nice to be able to watch ATLA as filler noise on TV.

Honnestly I assume it was supposed to be like the splat, but fuck, they went mad made the splat which is shit because all it did for the longest time show the same 4 shows for months on end.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 600x604px
>>86838535
>My Life as a Teenage Robot
>implying nobody wanted that
>>
>>86838564
I miss Kaput and Zosky, it's kind of comfy.
>>
>>86838564
>>86838717
To be completely honest. I miss pretty all the Nicktoons from 05-10. I just remember all the shows being comfy
>>
>>86838564
Secret Show and Kappa Mikey were the shit.
>>
>>86838373
Comfy late night nostalgia, mostly
>>
to broadcast Arc-V's shitty dub in 480i
>>
>>86838373
>What the fuck is the point of this channel?
It makes Viacom money without it even trying.

Apparently it makes 50 million dollars annually. Nostalgia sells.
>>
>>86838373
It was kind of like Nickelodeon's boomerang, it showed a lot of the classic nick toons from the 90's as well as some nifty original shows. Now it's a hot mess of shit
>>
>>86843149
Really? Show me a link to the receipt
>>
Honestly, since, the main Nick network fianlly came back to being a #1 kids network (based soleley on ratings). Maybe they'll invest in NickToons more money, like Disney did to XD, one day. Altho they are more interested in the Nick Jr 24/7 network, because it's more popular
>>
>>86838373
Dumping ground for DBZ Kai and Yugioh
>>
>>86842880
Only waifu fags liked the show.
>>
>>86838564
Fuck the secret show it kept cutting the fluffy bunny show short.
>>
>>86845805
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cbs-viacom-merger-analysts-wall-933808

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/cbs-viacom-merger-key-factors-1201876897/

This mostly has to do with a suggested merger between CBS and Viacom and one of the purposed stipulations of the merger deal has to do with getting rid of Viacom's less important channels/ones that are deadweight, thus making it more palpable for CBS to merge with.
>>
>>86846374
Shit, with this kind of money, why won't they just star from having 2-3 original NickToons shows a year? Some mini-series or reboots, kind of like Samurai Jack and Over The Garden Wall. Something cheaper and critically accliamed, that can have critical acclaim and can bring them press, instead of buying numerous French and Canadian shows and investing in sports-oriented live-action that no one watches. I'm pretty sure they actually make money on airing the toy shows though, so at least that's smart
>>
>>86846533
>why won't they just star from having 2-3 original NickToons shows a year?
The people running the company are retarded and are just now hiring people that have some intelligence.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (111KB, 894x676px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
111KB, 894x676px
>>86838564
I miss this more
>>
>>86838535
Rob Deerdeck isn't close to being one of the worse cartoons on Nick. It was mediocre.
>>
>>86839428
They gave up on it that quickly? Damn. And they still have an entire season left to air.
>>
>>86846628
I remember Iron Man series being a huge succes for them, that's werid the channel never did anything with it, seems like Disney XD is going the same way after Gravity Falls finale. At least raings were so bad they started rerunning cartoons on the main network again
>>86846651
Yeah, me too, I hoped they'll rerun the old shows with the NickSports programming, but all we got was that cheap Legens of the Hidden Temple TV movie
>>
http://youtu.be/T5j14_yJ3HY
>>
File: 960.jpg (55KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
55KB, 960x540px
It used to be Nick's Boomerang
No commercials
Foreign imports
Actually caring about animation with annual film festivals

It all went to shit when they added commercials, younger me stopped watching it almost immediately when that happened.
>>
They don't care about that brand anymore, it will probably be the first one to cut. They started expanding the TeenNick brand all over Europe, while some of the NickToons channels still have the same graphics from 2009
>>
>>86846939
You know you can't make money on cable without ads, the problem was the lack of good content, since the rebrand they have tried a bunch of things: sports, action, but nothing really sticked. Now they make money on toy shows and Spongebob rerun even though it used to be a no-no for the network
>>
>>86847063
It used to be a premium channel, like Boomerang
I'm not sure if Boomerang is still commercial-free though, currently don't have it on our channel package
>>
>>86847126
Premium channels only work a-la carte, like HBO or Showtime. No one would pay extra money for old cartoon reruns, that why both channels rewamped the old concept and fight for ad revenue now. And you can only sell ads if you have premieres, that's why they have those cheap original shows and canadian acquisitions.
Disney XD is the only channel that actually tries to invest in the quality content and grow, but the ratings are fucked because they were too cocky and stopped the Disney Channel cross-promo (they are finally doing it again though)
>>
>>86838373
Absolutely no point anymore with the imported show no long going to Nicktoons there is no bloody point to this network.
>>
>>86847602
Nick buyed all TMNT and Power Rangers series to rerun it there
>>
>>86846838
The ratings were extremely awful.
Regularly under a million
And they promoted it, too
Harvey Beaks has never done that bad but it's not looking too good for it either
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-08-19-20h47m41s476.png (387KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-08-19-20h47m41s476.png
387KB, 640x480px
>>86838564
>>86838717
>>86839194
I uploaded an hour and half block of Corneil and Bernie from 2006 with all the bumps to MySpleen
I'm really hoping I can find some more tapes in my house some day, I'm pretty sure I taped Ren & Stimpy regularly back then
>>
>>86846050
Nigga, I hate waifus and I loved that show
>>
>>86846838
>>86848832
That's because Pig Goat is fucking terrible.
>>
Nicktoons Network played the work of JG Quintel and Pen Ward years before Cartoon Network and was also my first introduction to experimental/independent animation via their annual shorts festival. It also used to air cancelled Nicktoons, which was cool, and some comfy foreign stuff (most memorably to me Kaput and Zosky and Corneil and Bernie). Could have been cool but it's owned buy Nickelodeon so it never knew what it wanted to be and always counterbalanced the positive stuff with utter shit.
>>
>>86849192
The art style was GOAT, too bad the writing was so annoying
>>
File: 1475112095911.png (414KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1475112095911.png
414KB, 1136x640px
>>86839867
DELETE THIS
>>
>>86848920
Really wish I had a myspleen account
>>
>>86852031
Yeah, me too
>>
back in 2005, Nicktoons was the shit. So many european shows I never watched before, those shorts they would air,etc...really my entry to animation nerdiness.
>>
>>86852031
>>86852474
post your emails for invite
>>
>>86852589
superha4[at]gmail.com
>>
>>86852663
sent ;)
>>
>>86852701
Thanks boo
>>
>>86838373
>I think it was supposed an extra channel that they kept experimenting with multiple uses for like as a 24/7 cartoon channel, as well as a channel to put their older shows on similar to boomerang, while also at some point havint their better rated and better animated and exclusive shows on it in order to try and get more people to pay for the extra channel like Disney XD does.But it also got used as a channel to store shows no one likes or that they had to continue broadcasting for a select amount of time but didn't want it to take up timeslots from the main nick channels or nick@night.

Basically not even nick knew what the channel was exactly or how to use it right.
>>
>>86854573
I feel like Nick knew what to do with it when it was created and when it became NickToons Network. First it had a Boomerang concept. Than, NTN was like geeky channel with indie shorts, acquisitions, NickToons Festival, werid original shows like Kappa Mikey and Making Fiends that weren't a fit for main channel. Than, after the Nickelodoen rebranding, for a short time, the Iron Man and Dragon Ball Z Kai were a rating success, so they tried to be an action channel.
And now they actually don't know what to do with it. Second-rate dubbed anime, sport live action shows, more Spongebob, cartoon burn-offs, etc. They are literally a mess now, even closed the official website. It was actually shocking to me the channel is not just unprofitable, but makes a nice ass coin for Viacom.
>>
>>86838373
Nicktoons UK literally only shows Sponegbob all day every day. I wish they would mix it up a bit and throw in some Rugrats, Doug, Hey Arnold etc.
>>
>>86856269
I used to love the channel when I was younger (and other channels like it such as Jetex/DisneyXD), it still played Invader Zim, kappa mickey and making fiends (Yin Yang Yo and Pucca for Jetex) and that it played 24/7 but now the only thing that the channel is good for is playing the last airbender and The Legend of Korra, but even thats wasted because the channel isn't in HD or has a HD variant (atleast on DirectTV) so you have to view it in a super low quality.
>>
>>86857362
I have AT&T and there's definitely an HD channel
>>
>>86857400
Kinda dissapointed that when the services joined together that they didn't do much to improve each other, AT&T giving Direct TV some more channels like HD Nicktoons or crunchyroll. Instead all they've really done is make the connection to DirectTV online less stable.
>>
>>86843149
What nostalgia? The channel's nothing but Spongebob reruns and crappy Nicktoons that sucked so hard they got cancelled a season or two in.
>>
>>86856399
Now this is an actual piece of shit
>>
>>86849392
This is mostly what I remember, in the early-mid 2000's it was a God-tier network. The film festival was entirely unrestricted and resulted in some interesting stuff, the imports were fun, and it was a great place to watch old shows like Invader Zim, Hey Arnold, Rocko, and so on. To add, it would frequently air stuff about the animation industry during commercials, like how some shows got made and pitched.

Really miss what it was like back then, it was kind of like having a backup of Nickelodeon circa 2001 with some extras.
>>
>>86858847
Also forgot to add, they'd also air shorts during the commercial breaks at certain times of the day, sometimes taking up the whole break time. Absolutely based network back then.
>>
>>86849160
>>86846050

Bullshit, cartoons cant be waifus.
>>
>>86858877
Like panic at the farm or whatever it was called. I remember they would play in between AtLA
>>
>>86859606
A Town Called Panic
there's a full length movie of that too
>>
File: Skyland.jpg (153KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
Skyland.jpg
153KB, 640x512px
>>86838373
>mfw
>no more Kappa Mikey
>no more Shorts in a Bunch
>no more Edgar & Ellen
>no more Speed Racer: The Next Generation
>no more Three Delivery
>no more Making Fiends
>no more Random! Cartoons
>no more Wolverine and the X-Men
>no more Iron Man: Armored Adventures
>no more Zevo-3
>no more The Mighty B!
>no more Wayside
>no more El Tigre
>no more Mr. Meaty
>no more Danny Phantom
>no more Catscratch
>no more The X's
>no more My Life as a Teenage Robot
>no more Skyland
>no more Shuriken School
>no more The Secret Show
>no more Ricky Sprocket: Showbiz Boy
>no more Corneil & Bernie
>no more My Dad the Rock Star
I know I'm missing a lot and I know some these shows weren't that great but hell, they made for great background noises while I was on my computer. I actually missed the ones I didn't like.
>>
>>86859997
Making Fiends was such an odd show, loved it though
>>
Around the years 2005-07 our main Nickelodeon was like american NickToons. No ad-breaks, shorts between cartoons (usually KaBlam ones), acquired shows shows like Wayside, NickToons originals like Ricky Sprocket and Kappa Mickey, classic NickToons late at nite (well, at least some of them). Even the promos were taken from NickToons UK.
>>
>>86860199
Oh, yeah, and the main part, no live-action
>>
>>86859691
In English or French?
>>
I can recall when I first saw nicktoons and toon disney, all my favorite classic shows back on TV, and then at some point we gave up all those extra channels, then some years later when we finally got Nicktoons back I was greeted to disappointment.
>no classic nicktoons anymore, instead became a graveyard for nickelodeon, even worse now they show those fucking live action shows on their.
what a fucking shit fate to suffer
>>
>>86848920
>myspleen

now THERE is something i haven't heard of in a long ass time.
>>
>>86846841
>that cheap Legens of the Hidden Temple TV movie
That came out? How was it?
>>
>>86860325
French (with subtitles), it's not very often foreign animated films get released in the US without a dub option but that one did
>>86860406
It's as active as ever, tons and tons of great stuff uploaded daily.
>>
>>86859997
I think channels like boomerang and nicktoons networks should still re run older cartoons from time to time. Boomerang seems to have started doing this a few years ago with billy and mandy, ed edd n eddy, original ben 10 and shows like that but im not sure how long it lasted. This way old cartoons don't end up lost or can be experienced by newer generations the same way they treat looney toones and tom & Jerry.
>>
>>86860369
At one year or so it was nothing but Avatar the Last Airbender showing atleast 2/3 of the day. I think this is where it started to become crap.
>>
>>86860493
Only time i remember that was when they premiered the finale.
>>
>>86860467
It's coming out this month I think, the trailers are online
>>
>>86860493
I consider the Secret Show's airing to be about the turning point. Not that I dislike the show, but it felt like the rest of the channel started to move at around that point.

Apparently that was in 2007, which sounds about right. It was GOAT up until the late-2000's.
>>
>>86860493
You're spot on with that statement, that's when I was done with the channel too. I watched it so much as a kid and then that burnt me out on not only the channel but also A:TLA (still haven't seen an episode in so many years)
>>
>>86860483
Nick has The Splat for this kind of stuff now. Also they have a Hulu deal and shit
>>
>>86860587
This was some time after the final. They would air the whole series from the first episode to the last and then repeat. I think they would go through all 3 books in like almost 2 weeks and then start over, this went on for a year or so I think. It was basically Nicktoon's Spongebob.
>>
Will Disney XD be fucked just like NickToons eventually? The shows don't work. New cartoon from Phineas and Ferb creator was hyped up for few months and gets the same ratings Dan Schneider sitcom's unpromoted rerun gets on NickToons
>>
>>86863023
>Will Disney XD be fucked just like NickToons eventually?
It was already fucked when it turned from Toon Disney to Disney XD.
>>
There's no point to Teen Nick or Nicktoons anymore

Both just show Victorious, icarly, and Sam & Cat over and over all day
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.