[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Khoi Pham new artist on Teen Titans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_m4hfzqc3W81qdrl30o1_500.jpg (84KB, 396x604px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4hfzqc3W81qdrl30o1_500.jpg
84KB, 396x604px
>Another Jim Lee style modeled artist drawing Titans

sigh, it was good while it lasted
>>
You know I used to not believe in the Teen Titans curse
>>
I'd rather have Jim Lee-lite than the shit they have right now on the book.
>>
If there was one thing that could push Rebirth to new heights, it would be abandoning house style all together.
>>
He's definitely more angular than I'd like, but I don't think he's bad at all.
>>
>>86829820
How did you not believe the Titans Curse?
>>
>>86829944
That's actually pretty good. I like the angles, it adds more style. That is a lot better coloring than you get with a lot of house DC style.
>>
>>86829925
You can't abandon house style altogether, you'll end up pissing away a lot of fans. But they have too many "safe" artists working for them now compared to the last several years.
>>
>“[Khoi] really seems to be harkening back to the Mike McKone and Tony Daniel days,” said Percy, who has worked with more than his share of talented artists, having broken into the business paired with John Paul Leon on a two-part Detective Comics arc, and has since collaborated with Patrick Zircher, Otto Schmidt, and Juan Ferreyra.

Ah yes, back to the Tony Daniel days, exactly what everyone was asking for.
>>
>>86830246
> Tony Daniels

What did the Titans do to deserve this and Booth?
>>
>>86830337
Did you miss it when Liefield was in Titans?
>>
File: tumblr_o90cfl8Uq91uza2kvo1_500.jpg (185KB, 494x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o90cfl8Uq91uza2kvo1_500.jpg
185KB, 494x750px
Whoever was doing the coloring for the Rebirth issue was doing ALL of the heavy lifting for Meyers.

If they keep the same inker and colorist, it will be just fine.
>>
I like his style, but it fucking sucks for a Teen Titans book. The girls won't look cute now.
>>
>>86830505
/co/ is full of casuals who don't realize things like this
>>
>>86830505
This is the art people are complaining about? I like this.
>>
if it's on Titan it looks way way better than the current art, if it's Teen Titans it's really not bad at all, it'd be worse if it was some lowgrade Jonboy and we ended up with current Marvel shit art.
>>
>>86830656
That was the previous artist, Jonboy Meyers. >>86830568
>The girls won't look cute now.

Khoi did a sketch of the Champions if you want an idea of how he might draw Raven/Starfire.
>>
>>86829797
It's fine, I'm more concerned with the writing than anything else since Percy is pretty mediocre who's normally propped up with pretty art.
>>
File: Teen-Titans.jpg (657KB, 580x800px) Image search: [Google]
Teen-Titans.jpg
657KB, 580x800px
>>86830505
No kidding, here's what his work looks like when it's being colored by someone else.
>>
File: teentitansstarfire.jpg (276KB, 790x1200px) Image search: [Google]
teentitansstarfire.jpg
276KB, 790x1200px
I'm sad he's leaving . He art was so good for the Teen Titans .
>>
>>86831233
Khoi Pham isn't bad at all, but man, I REALLY wish they had found an artist who was as stylized as Meyers.

I'm just so tired of seeing the same interchangeable artists drawing these books.
>>
>>86831300
>le house style
Bet you think Henderson is good, so fuck off
>>
>>86829797
I like Koi Farm, so I've got no problems with this.
>>
>>86831419
>Would prefer a stylized artist
>WHAT YOU MEAN LIKE ERIKA HENDERSON

Shut up dipshit
>>
>>86829797

Meh, guess I'm removing this title from my pull after issue #1. I'll check out the trade or something.
>>
>>86829903
>Jim Lee-lite
Are you fucking retarded? How is he Jim Lee-lite? He's much more of Frank Cho-lite. Kill yourself nigger.
>>
>>86835189
I was just going off of the OP, cool your jets.
>>
>>86835189
Frank Cho and Jim Lee are like the two coolest Asian dudes in comics
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.