[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this deserve to be called one of the best graphic novels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: np4b.jpg (140KB, 1206x1600px) Image search: [Google]
np4b.jpg
140KB, 1206x1600px
Does this deserve to be called one of the best graphic novels of all time?
>>
It's not a hard argument to make.
>>
>>86825543
Maybe. The cover looks pretty. Will you story time it?
>>
It's a good experimental art thing but I don't even really remember the story. Didn't stick with me. I can't tall it one of the best if it left no impression on me.
>>
IMO, it's called that by people who don't read very many graphic novels.

Even restricting myself to just Mazzucchelli's work, I think City of Glass was a more engaging read (even if the artwork was less technically skilled).
>>
>>86825543
It's definitely a gem, but I suppose that depends on your definition of "best".
>>
I really liked it, but I wouldn't call it the best graphic novel I ever read
>>
i love it.

i bought by accident, i was digging on the entrepreneurship area and there it was. Someone tossed it there probably because it was pricey. I bought it because i liked the colors a lot.

The thing is that i also had a twin brother who died on birth. Nice coincidence.
>>
Definitly one of my personal favorites. The ending spoils the whole experience imo.
>>
>>86825624
City of Glass was very unsettling.
>>
>>86826995
>The ending spoils the whole experience imo
i agree. what the hell was up with that anyway?

i don't know about it being objectively "best" but I can say that i think that it does a very good job of being a *comic*. The use of different color palletes in different scenes and the way the two main characters drift toward different art styles (especially when they are arguing) to show how the two have different personalities... it's all very cool stuff that could NOT be done in the same way in purely written word and would seem a lot more out-of-place in an animated film. it's a good example of a comic.
>>
>>86825543
Like a lot of great graphic novels the art and premise are great but the story is subpar.
>>
>>86825543
Yes

>>86825624
>IMO, it's called that by people who don't read very many graphic novels.
>calling them 'graphic novels

wew lad
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.