[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

34 years after, and Skeletor is still kicking ass!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: He-Man-Thundercats 001-024.jpg (876KB, 1080x1660px) Image search: [Google]
He-Man-Thundercats 001-024.jpg
876KB, 1080x1660px
34 years after, and Skeletor is still kicking ass!!!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S3mTdb9Ups
>>
>>86824481
One of the best villains ever.
>>
>>86824481
>Skeletor
>Ever kicking ass
>>
>>86824481
Oh shit, is this out?
>>
>>86825347
Skeletor's line of victories is actually very impressive for a villain:

Superman twice,
The entire Justice League
Hordak, everytime that they faced each other,
He-Man and recently She-Ra,
And few days ago Mumm-Ra has been added in this list (from the He-Man/Thundercats crosover)!
>>
Skeletor is Death from Discworld.
That's why he's so powerful. He could kill everyone if he really wanted to but he's just having fun...
>>
File: HMTC-CV01B.jpg (184KB, 700x1076px) Image search: [Google]
HMTC-CV01B.jpg
184KB, 700x1076px
>>86825406
Yes the first issue of the crossover, came out Wednesday, three days ago.
>>
>>86825559
And even when He-man kills him he gets resurrected by Evil Lyn as who was then the evil sorceress
>>
File: 20.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>86825797
Indeed. Skeletor has already said that he is beyond death!
>>
Skeletor Rules!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLxHqOu9AcI
>>
>>86825774
This was pretty good, I wasn't expecting anything like how it ended. Excited for the next issue.

I can't decide if we're supposed to read Skeletor in the comics with his voice from the cartoon, or if that makes it impossible to take seriously, or makes it better.
>>
Does He-Man get new fans the same way other properties like Transformers and Batman do? I really liked the 2k2 reboot as a kid, but its hard to find anyone under 30 talking about He-man. Is it a franchise doomed to an aging fanbase?
>>
>>86827436
I don't know. Personally i always heard him, with Langella's voice in my head. But it's matter of personal preference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYLgammXar0
>>
>>86827455
He Man is a Mattel property, which means it gets no new toys or cartoons because Mattel is literally incapable of making toys for boys.
>>
>>86824481
Fuck yeah Skeletor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvk74bG5xU4
>>
>>86827436
>I can't decide if we're supposed to read Skeletor in the comics with his voice from the cartoon

Depends on which cartoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQCXObG7laM
>>
>>86827455

Not really. I got into He-Man the same way you did and followed the comics with the latest DC launch. Unless something happens son it's doomed
>>
>>86827455
Masters of the Universe has a huge potential as a franchise. The 200X cartoon and the recent comic books are the evidence that if it would be treated with care, can be a great fictional Universe, because it has basically everything, babrarians and wizards, warlords and demigods, dragons and dinosaurs, monsters and cyborgs, technology and magic. The problem is that are owned by Mattel. Though they have currently a very good adult MOTU toy line, this is only for subscribers, and few know about it. Perhaps if the MOTU movie ever come out this will change.
>>
>>86827455
He-Man fans are like 30-something toy collectors. Just like G.I. Joe fans. ;_;
>>
>>86827455
I'm 25 and I loved the new comic DC published. I hope they make a continuation after Eternity War, but I don't think they will. I was a bit disappointed the crossover is set in the 80s cartoon universe because if it was set in the DC comic universe it could have been a jumping off point to make a Thundercats comic
>>
>>86827695
If the new movie could make some noise. Who knows?

Perhaps a shared Universe with Thundercats and Silverhawks could also help.
>>
>>86827799
The Thundercats comic is coming though. Gail Simone is rumored that is the writer.

For He-Man, there is a chance that they continue with a post Eternity War story, after the crossover ends.
>>
I want to buy a Skeletor figure. Simple, iconic, quality.

What's the best one to get?
>>
>>86828323

Mattel has released various versions inside their Classics MOTU line. The Alcala mini comic, the Filmation cartoon and the vintage one.

I believe that you can find them from Mattycollector. But i wouldn't recommend it

If you can wait a bit, Super 7 has taken over those toylines, alongside with the Thundercats, and next month are going to release them.
>>
>>86828672
I'd love to see what they do with him. Damn, all three of those are great, but I'm biased towards the cartoon-accurate design. Although, the green skull and red eyes look is damn tempting...

What I'd really like is a proper Langella Skeletor figure someday.
>>
>>86828736
Me too.

But currently there is a mess with the rights, between Mattel and who the hell owns the 80's movie rights. They said that they were close to resolve it, but no news yet.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.