[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dorks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: image.png (14KB, 350x246px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
14KB, 350x246px
Was I the only one who absolutely hated these dorks?

ITT tell me what you hated most about these dorks
>>
fuck off, Kevin
>>
>>86822926
That you Kev?
>>
Fuck you, shovelchin
>>
>>86822926
Yes, actually. I felt so bad for Double D cause he seemed like a good guy that just happened to get dragged into the Ed's schemes.
>>
>>86822926
t. Kevin
>>
>>86823837
This, imagine how much legit money he could make by inventing for the other kids.
>>
File: IMG_6541.jpg (51KB, 436x298px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6541.jpg
51KB, 436x298px
>>
>>86823837
>I only watched the school seasons
>>
>>86822926
Kevin pls go
>>
>>86822926
Kevin go home
>>
>>86824079
He was still a relatively good guy even during the summer. Same with Ed. Take Eddy away and Ed and double D would have been friends with the other kids
>>
>>86822926
Kevins really are the worst kind of characters.
>>
File: op.jpg (80KB, 502x778px) Image search: [Google]
op.jpg
80KB, 502x778px
>>86822926
>>
The art style and tone of this show just turned me off as a kid, couldn't watch it.
>>
I don't want to sound like one of "those" people, but I wish I understood why guys (I don't really know any other girls who really LOVE this show) love this show so much. This show was huge with my brothers and my male friends. I don't hate the show at all, I like how they have a weekly money making scheme but I've always been curious on why this was so popular and why people cite this as their favorite cartoon.
>>
>>86826607
Probably because it's a simple cartoon that does everything it sets out to do perfectly. The slapstick is great, the Jazz musical score compliments it well, the Eds are compelling despite them being the antagonists of their own show, every character had an actual purpose, just everything about it was perfect.
>>
>>86826607
I've just started watching it recently - it was never on TV when I was a kid - and I LOVE it (and I is gril)

The humour and dialogue is top-notch and the characters are interesting, it's a high quality cartoon
>>
>>
>>86827812
>btw im a gril
>>
>>86822926
fuck off, kevin
this is a cunt-free zone
>>
File: dorks_2.jpg (23KB, 300x253px) Image search: [Google]
dorks_2.jpg
23KB, 300x253px
>>
>>86826607
It's was a good mix of Looney Tunes/Tom and Jerry esc. slapstick with relatable slice of life situations. It's a weird combination, even the silliest of family sitcoms didn't have the old fashioned slapstick it had yet there was a certain atmosphere and tone alongside with it that reminds me of Peanuts.
>>
>>86823965
Hell, get this guy noticed by Disney, he'd probably end up as the youngest Imagineer ever.
>>
>>86822926
>hide Kevin threads
>ignore Kevin posts
>do not reply to Kevin posters
>>
>>86822926
Go shove your shitty bike up your dickhole Kevin
>>
>>86822926
SWEET, EDDY, YOU'RE COOL, MAN
>>
>>86826607
A lot of it for me was just the setting and environment in general. Looking at it objectively, the cul-de-sac isn't all that big, but god damn, this show made this one little neighborhood look enormous with so much shit to do, it perfectly encapsulated the feeling of being a little kid again. A lot of my love for this show does still come from that nostalgic childlike feeling, but it still holds up, the humor is just fantastic, I don't think I ever went an episode without laughing. The great music, the overall timeless feeling, the characters, the animation and overall movement of the show, it just hit a note with me.
>>
>>86824448
But then double d would probably never have met Marie who as we all know is prime waifu material for our little self insert.
>>
File: 845985.gif (304KB, 302x227px) Image search: [Google]
845985.gif
304KB, 302x227px
>>86822926
Nothing, they were perfection.
>>
Watching it again. I can say that it is as good as I remembered it from my childhood.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 298x749px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 298x749px
>>86830039
>>
>>86826607
Can't really explain it. Maybe it was cause as a kid you wanted to live in their comfy cul de sac and get up to wacky schemes every day. Keep in mind season 1-4 happen in the span of a 3 month summer
>>
>>86830121
>this show made this one little neighborhood look enormous with so much shit to do, it perfectly encapsulated the feeling of being a little kid again.
this
>>
>>86828751
it was pretty relevant to anon's comment about not knowing any girls that love it in the post they were replying to
>>
>>86831956
The jokes about Kevin's head always got me
>>
>>86822926
As the series progressed it unfortunately became more formulaic. Eddy morphed into the villain of the cul-de-sac, bully DD and Ed into doing his bidding. I guess they realized their mistake which is why they had the movie go in the direction it did.
>>
I'll put your fucking shovelchin in the ground
>>
>>86824448
Yeah, they actually showed this pretty well in an episode where Eddy gets Double D to distract Kevin by talking to him and they actually start having a good conversation about his bike before Double D walks away
>>
>>86826607
Because it's slapstick humor in it's finest form. It has more original jokes than the average Simpsons episode.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.