[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are comic fans so racist against black cosplayers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3762.jpg (290KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3762.jpg
290KB, 1365x2048px
Why are comic fans so racist against black cosplayers?
>>
>>86821530
For an audience, the appeal of looking at cosplayers is how close they get to looking "real".

Bruce Wayne isn't black, so...

I mean, I'm not particularly a fan of people who cosplay made-up OCs or the "steampunk version" of something either...and I only give Rule 63 a pass because tits.

But I also don't go up to those people and treat them poorly, I ignore them. The people who do that are autists with no concept of what's appropriate around strangers.
>>
>>86821530
Only in the US.
>>
>>86821530
Because they are black?
>>
When have they actually been?
I mean I've seen fat cosplayers made fun of cause some 250lb girl trying to pull off Emma Frost or some 300lbs dude as Gaara
But not too much for race.
>>
>Autistic white neckbeards are racist

What else is new? There is a reason why they make up the a good portion of Trumps fanbase.
>>
>>86821530
step 1 cosplay a white character
step 2 argue that the character could be black
step 3 ask for the character to be canonically black

I'm still having flashback of donald glover
>>
>>86821530
/v/ loves black cosplayers
>>
File: black-widow-cosplay-03.jpg (106KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
black-widow-cosplay-03.jpg
106KB, 700x525px
How could anyone think there's anything wrong with this?
>>
>>86822117
Because LOW TEST
>>
File: moonman come on in.gif (1MB, 345x259px) Image search: [Google]
moonman come on in.gif
1MB, 345x259px
WHY DON'T YOU GO AND FUCK A HYENA

WHEN IT'S DARK OUTSIDE I CAN"T EVEN SEE YA
>>
>>86822026
T H I C C
H
I
C
C
>>
File: 1442622555482.jpg (25KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1442622555482.jpg
25KB, 600x300px
It's my personal belief that cosplays should strive for accuracy, you should aim to pick a character accurate to your age/ethnicity/body type/gender ect.

I'm not sure if that's constituting discrimination. Many people do a damn fine job with their costumes whilst still being off model but I just don't think that's "good" cosplay, in that it doesn't properly represent the character.

At the end of the day, people can do whatever the fuck they want. They're just playing dressup at a convention and it in no way hurts the character or effects it in any way (as opposed to a miscast movie)
>>
File: 1472410759550.jpg (7KB, 140x186px) Image search: [Google]
1472410759550.jpg
7KB, 140x186px
>>86821530
>Tfw fucking dream of cosplaying as a movie-worthy Batman or Flash

>Tfw nigra
>>
>>86821530
when it comes to cosplay it shouldn't fucking matter. Who ever freaks out over race when it comes to cosplay needs their head smashed in.
>>
In some cases I think it's because they don't realise people dress up for fun, not to entertain everyone else.
>>
Is there really a history of racism against black cosplayers? Have any of you witnessed this?
>>
>>86823673
Do it and claim it's an Elseworlds. Could also do NuKid Flash.

Let's get real, most people don't care unless you're putting on makeup for your costume, but there will always be people that complain regardless of what you do so who gives a shit?
>>
>>86823673
you just need to get a good quality silicone white guy mask to wear underneath
>>
>>86821530
Only Reddit cares.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.