[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't Johns writing anything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

Why isn't Johns writing anything?
>>
>>86820580
Because he's assigned to fix DC Films' quality.
>>
>>86820590
He's a comic book writer, he has nothing to offer there as it's a completely different medium
>>
>>86820616
Having nothing to offer hasn't stopped Snyder.
>>
>>86820580
they want Rebirth to be good
he already fucked up things with his ideas and now leaving other people to deal with them like the 3 jokers stuff
>>
>>86820580
Too busy running DCEU into the ground.
>>
>>86820657
Johns is the best cape writer in the business

GL & Aquaman runs were both the best runs on the characters ever

His Flash is among the best (up there with Morrison) and while his JL wasn't great it was better than it has been in 10 years

also JSA
>>
>>86820695
Yeah but he's popular so you're not hip if you admit you like him.
>>
>>86820666
Snyder and his wife are doing that

Johns is eating cereal and telling them to stop
>>
>>86820695
>Johns is the best cape writer in the business

Start your bait with something more subtle next time
>>
>>86820760
Who is the best then?

Morrison isn't a traditional style cape writer so he doesn't count
>>
He's busy trying to save the DLCEU dumpster fire.
>>
>>86820792
Wasn't he a consultant for the GL film?
>>
>>86820842
Well I said he's trying, not that he would actually succeed.
>>
>>86820842
He probably suggested them to use Kilowog or something. I doubt he had an influence over the story.
>>
>>86820590
>>86820638
>>86820738
>>86820792
???

MoS and BvS are great.
>>
>>86820962
MoS was great. BvS was a mess.
>>
>>86820716
So's Morrison but I can't offer a single bit of criticism about him without threads rapidly filling up with people having fits.
>>
>>86820975
nope
You're just an idiot.
>>
>>86820955
nah, it was probably more "make Sinestro look really, really, really cool"
>>
>>86820962
I rellly liked both films but honestly they need Johns to regulate the tone of the movie. They need better critics and to appeal to more people. Plus he's got experience writing these characters.
>>
>>86820962
Go back to sleep Zack, you're drunk
>>
>>86820998
> the perfect Sinestro wasted on that terrible movie
>>
>>86820995
Ok, Mos was great, BvS was a mess, BUT BvS UC was kino.
>>
>>86821063
Ok, you are not idiot then.
>>
>>86820962
They were both shit
>>
He wrote everything in a way.
He clearly spent a lot of time with each writer for rebirth helping them get the characters right.
>>
>>86821053
The post-credit scene with the yellow ring was probably his idea.
>>
>>86820962
MoS was great with some dumb shit in it. BvS was shit with some great things in it.
>>
>>86821024
Yeah like Supes in nu52 Justice League?

Tho Dan Jurgens which is now writing Superman likes MoS too.

Snyderhaters on suicide watch anyway.
>>
>>86821053
Green Lantern 2011 was great actually.
>>
>>86821091
Considering that Strong's roles are 99% villains, I can see them having a talk about where the character would go in future films.
>>
>>86821100
I'm pretty sure that the first JL arc in the new 52 may be the worst thing Geoff has ever wrote. He's a guy who understands the character and if someone can handle his return to the light, that would be him.

>>86821110
I wouldn't say it was great, but it was somewhat fun. They need to bring Mark Strong back, thought.
>>
>>86821088
>get the characters right.
what Johns considers right

>>86821110
It had 2 jokes that was legitimately funny and a few other positives but not enough to be considered good or even a competent film
>>
>be Johns
>get credit for all the positive things
>the bad things get blamed on others
>Johnfags proceed to shill LE CEREAL KING because it resonate with their meme mentality

just wait for everything good about the movies going to be credited to him no matter what he actually did

these are the same people that praise tv shows like Flash and Supergirl because of him
>>
>>86821141
He is fine with characters as long as they are not gods or endless.
I cannot think of any mundane character he has fucked up.
>>
>>86821110
kys
>>
>>86821245
green arrow
>>
>>86821301
He's never written GA for a extended time.

And his one shot appearance in Justice League doesn't count.
>>
>>86821167
co just fuul of nu gays
>>
>>86821024

His Justice league was absolute shit, his wonder woman was good for the grand total of one arc, and his batman is shit
>>
He's basically running Rebirth from an editorial perspective and busy with his expanded movie role.

>>86820616
He came up through movies in the first place, casual.
>>
>>86820994
Morrison is one of the best writers ever in mainstream cape comics.

Johns is barely above average, and even at his peak he wasnt at the level of Waid. Johns as a Whole hasnt done better things that Bendis, Bendis has more shit worst, but his high notes were higher too.
>>86821167

God the Star Girl and JSA threads were absolute shit. Seriously how can anyone see those pictures and say "based johns gave a good suit to Star girl" and not see the problem with that statement?

They literally think that a producer caring only about his pet character is a good thing
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.