[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did Adventure Time peak?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12

File: 2ad.jpg (40KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
2ad.jpg
40KB, 720x720px
When did Adventure Time peak?
>>
>>86820293
When Tumblr relationships pandering shipping le Reddit memes waiting millennials hack TTG executives zombie show.

Some combination of those words anyway.
>>
Everyone is going to have their own answer. If you don't, maybe you should give it some thought before you post.
>>
>>86820293
Probably around Mortal Coil/ Mortal Recoil and started dying around Burning Low.
>>
>>86820293

when you started watching it
>>
File: 1470167832338.png (3MB, 1701x909px) Image search: [Google]
1470167832338.png
3MB, 1701x909px
>>86820293
When the Lich was introduced.
And then it came crashing back down once you realized that the writers couldnt fully use him to his full potential.
>>
>>86820293
The Witch's Garden.
>>
Never, it was always hipster trash
>>
>>86820293
that season finale where the Lich killed Billy. Either that or Simon & Marcy, whichever came later.
>>
>>86820310
I like how you're being sarcastic but accidentally 100% right.
>>
>>86820293
season 2 or 3.
>>
>>86820293
Crystal Citadel. If I remember correctly that was the season premiere, my hopes were so goddamn high for the rest of the show after that episode. It still astounds me how badly the show has gotten since that episode.
>>
I think Dungeon Train is the best episode of the series.
>>
It went down hill after Season 2.
>>
File: 1318432358524.jpg (1MB, 1342x1312px) Image search: [Google]
1318432358524.jpg
1MB, 1342x1312px
When Rebecca Sugar was writing it was certainly the golden age. When Marceline sings with the Ice King about his magical Alzheimer, or the second season finale.

AT has a lot of high points during Season 2 and 3, and some far between later, like the episode when Finn loses his arm, or the first Prismo appearance.

The show is still good when it's episodic, since it's being very experimental now, but when they try to make it narrative based it's better to brace for dissapointment.

Man, I miss the community here so much. The whole MarcelinexPB really was what started to kill AT with the fans and then Breezy was the breaking point.

I'll always have fond memories of 2011-2012 AT generals
>>
>>86822933
>MarcelinexPB its
It's always the tumblr ships.
>>
>>86822933
>When Rebecca Sugar was writing it was certainly the golden age.
Wow, how fucking wrong can you be. RS is what killed AT.
>>
>>86822956
It actually is. I wasn't aware about shipping retardation until MxPB. Before that I knew shippers who wrote fanfics for fun, but boy it that shit was a shocker.
>>
>>86822997
Regular Show did nothing wrong
>>
>>86820293
seasons 2-4
>>
>>86822997
She was literally working on the show from the beginning til the end of season 4 lmao
>>
File: 1435381357524.jpg (148KB, 714x612px) Image search: [Google]
1435381357524.jpg
148KB, 714x612px
FLAME
P R I N C E S S
>>
I agree with most of the people here. The episode where the Lich broke into the Crystal Citadel was the most climactic moment in the entire series. It made it all the more painful when the Lich turned into an autistic baby in the second half of that two-parter.

Still, Finn losing his arm had potential to be great too,. The writers, however, had to make one of the lowest points of the series, Breezy, to wrap up that plot point though.
>>
>>86822997
>>86823114
If anything it was Rebecca leaving that killed AT (or at least its popularity). Without her, they didn't know how to write FP and handled relationships in general pretty terribly in S5-6.

The Marceline and PB stuff in S7 is a bit of an improvement in comparison. They also put FP and Finn in good terms now, but it's a bit too late for anyone to care. And they haven't really improved on their ability to commit to their story arcs. At least we've had some good stand-alone eps this season.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 700x700px
>>86823181
B-but I love Flame Princess!
>>
>>86820293
Season 2 finale, for a bunch of reasons, things started to fall apart during Season 3, although the show remained mostly watchable till Finn and FP broke up, after that the good to bad episode ratio started leaning more and more to bad on average, although it's started to perk up a little since after Stakes
>>
File: file.png (125KB, 568x321px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
125KB, 568x321px
>>86823294
THE FLAME PRINCESS IS SHIT
>>
>>86823223
I agree, she likes to write relationships using her own experiences and it makes them so much more believable. She left a huge gap in the emotional honesty of the show.

And yeah S7 has been really good, but I have a feeling Sugar helped them out with the PB/Marcy stuff.

I really like Moynihan's writing too, I think the show will take another dip with him gone. He was responsible for the coolest arcs (Magic Man, Maja, PTWE, Stakes). He's working on a Manly series right now though.
>>
File: image.png (60KB, 241x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
60KB, 241x460px
>>86823347
No she isn't! She's adorable, sexy and beautiful. I will never understand why anyone wouldn't want to have Phoebe as their waifu.
>>
>>86823373
She probably helped out for the stuff in Stakes, but I think the rest are the writers genuinely beginning to improve (with the help of newer boarders of course).

And yeah, I'm gonna miss Jesse too. Hopefully Sam Alden can fill that void a bit.

Manly's actually happening? I thought it got rejected or something.
>>
>>86823223
the relationship shit was always the bane of this show, regardless of whether or not rebecca shitter was on it. stop with this meme that she was behind everything good.
>>
>>86823742
Yeah, I love Sam Alden's stuff. He and Jesse were great board partners.

Manly got turned down a few times but recently Jesse's been posting a lot of new storyboards and stuff for a Manly series! Not sure who finally greenlit it, I want to kiss them.
>>
>>86820293
Mortal Folly
>>
>>86823700
You're right! The best princess is Breakfast Princess!
>>
>>86823700
My gripe truly boils down to her and finn's relationship and how ham fistedly shit it was.
>>
Season 3's end, but 4 had a handful of good episodes.
>>
I always felt the show stayed somewhat consistently good throughout Seasons 1-4, then began to dip in S. 5 being spotty until halfway through S. 5 before falling into an abyss of shit. It has high moments here and there like citadel but they always turn to shit. ALWAYS.
>>
File: image.png (465KB, 800x1137px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
465KB, 800x1137px
>>86823856
But she was betrayed by Finn. Besides she deserves better, don't you think anon?
>>
>>86820293
When he lost his arm.

It was when I thought the show was really going to start going somewhere crazy. If only I knew
>>
>>86823970
The entire contrivance of their break-up was stupid as fuck and made little to no sense for Finn.
>>
>>86823970
I don't give a metric fuck who betrayed who or what flavour of water BMO uses to wash his screen.

I wanted finn to sup GUSHING VIOLENTLY over every single episode (yes my memory is that blurry about that period)

>Jake: alright lets go do the thing
>Finn: do you think FP would like to come?
>Finn: would she like this treasure?
>Finn: wow FB would love this place
>Finn: FB
>Me: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>86824045
It's FP
>>
>>86824055
no I think he means flame bitch.
>>
File: 1459647240826.png (156KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459647240826.png
156KB, 400x600px
>>86824055
well just fuck my shit senpai
just fuck me right up
>>
There were still a lot of good episodes before the free fall that was S6 so it's hard to call the golden AT era at least for me.
>>
For me, it's very easy when the show went to shit. When the writers decided that Finn should no longer be the hero of his own show, and that he should no longer take center stage. Seriously, Finn was beloved and heroic in the early seasons then he gets sidelined, acts like a little bitch constantly, and whines about relationships and his daddy issues. WTF! Finn was on his way to developing into a true hero, but that will never happen now for obvious reasons.
>>
The pilot
>>
Season two.

t. knower
>>
>>86823847
Oh god we NEED more breakfast princess. She's got such a lot of potential as a character
>>
When did Adventure Time threads peak?
>>
>>86820365
I remember dropping this show after Burning Low
>>
>>86825031
2011 era drawthreads for sure.
>>
>>86820293
Around Season 3 or 4.

I continued to watch until Season 6 but I just gave up on it after that. Glad it's finally gonna die
I might catch up on all that I've missed once the series finale is around the corner
>>
>tfw everyone ITT has a viable answer
>>
Flute Spell
>>
>>86828030
>Finn finally doesn't drop the ball and makes a woman outright reject him
What was wrong with the episode? Other than Jake's presence fuck the mutt for cockblocking.
>>
>>86820293
Season 3. Season 1 was amazing, season 2 was meh but I forgive it because they were rushed to complete it. Season 3 was alright.
>>
>>86823114
>>86823223

Then what the hell happened with SU?

Is that the result of her having full control?
>>
>>86829027
Sure.
>>
>>86823114
She only came around by the time of season 2 and was gone by 5, get your facts right.
>>
>>86820293
Breezy

No, I'm not joking. I loved that episode and thought it was the last truly good thing the series ever did.
>>
>>86829305
Why?
>>
2-3 for humor, 3-first half of 5 for plot. 3 is probably the most balanced and consistently good season but The Eyes still makes me laugh for 11 minutes straight every time I watch it.
>>
>>86829433
Good taste, The Eyes is probably one of the most funny episodes in the show. Hard to believe Xayaphone could make such quality stuff a couple of years ago.
>>
>>86829460
That episode doesn't miss a single beat. I die when Jake starts sobbing on Finn and goes "the horse is tearing us apart again..."
>>
>>86825108
Same.
>>
>>86829366
As you may recall, Finn was in a deep funk because of his daddy issues, girl issues, and missing arm, so he decided to numb himself by romancing with a bunch of different women. This led to him regaining his love, but at the price of his innocence. He ends the episode not only having not been cheered up, but ending up in a clearly worse position. He's either been raped, or, if we're being generous, lost his virginity to someone he didn't even find attractive. Either way, he's worse off now.

Basically, people focused on the fact that his arm was regrown. They were upset because they thought this proved nothing in the show would last. I thought having him gain his arm back, but having something that's far more traumatizing happen to him was a great thing for the show to do. The fact that he friendzoned and toyed with a girl who was actually kind of interested in him throughout this whole thing makes it even worse.

I expected Finn to get super duper fucked up after this episode, but they kind of just dropped the whole "Finn is having emotional problems" thing. /co/ always hated the emotional problems/romance/daddy issues stuff and wanted more ADVENTURE, but I always felt the show had enough adventure and not enough coherency in its story arcs. Breezy was the last smart move they made in an arc. Everything afterwards was just dumb.
>>
>>86829530
Think my favorite part was in the middle of their fight against Ice King when they just start chucking snakes at him, just great wholesome stuff.
>>
>>86829027
Not so much her having full control as she what made the team aware of a clear goal and purpose.

Part of the reason why AT is such a mess now is because there aren't any writers but instead storyboarders that come up with stuff as they go along. The problem is all storyboarders have different idea's of what they want or where the show is going with little care of what the other person is doing.

Sugar might have a lot of faults but one thing you have to admit she does right is she knows where she wants the plot to go and she was the glue that forced everyone to work together and keep the show more focused
>>
>>86829656
>Rebecca Sugar
>faults

Rebecca Sugar is a genius and a treasure. Pls don't slander her good name in front of me.
>>
Apparently they screened Preboot at the CN panel today but no one liveblogged/recorded it, only a couple of tweets saying it was good and lore-heavy. I don't think they even announced a date yet.
>>
>>86824091
No he means facebook.
>>
>>86820365
This is the truest answer. I was so pissed when they aged up PB the very next episode she was in. I didn't mind it as an inevitability, but the should have made more use of Lil PB.
>>
>>86820293
It's peaking right now, Season 7 is the best season yet.
>>
>>86829743
I wouldn't say that but season 7 is certainly great. Maybe the 3rd or 4th best season of the show.
>>
>>86829761
Maybe it's not objectively the best, but it's certainly my favourite. It feels like good old Adventure Time with a good balance of ''deep'' episodes, I'm really loving it.

I really hope season 8 and 9 will be a good send off for the series.

Adventure Time is the only thing that I enjoy and I will have no enjoyment in my life when it's done
>>
>>86829727
I think they finished Mortal Recoil and realized it was a bad idea (it was).
>>
>>86829601
Hm, I can see that. It was odd how Breezy went out of its way to show Finn at the lowest point he was physically capable of reaching but then he got his arm back and seemed to be totally fine in every way. I wasn't really a fan of him moping but if he's gonna mope make it happen for a reason ya know.

Finn's depression was interesting but they didn't really do anything with it.
>>
>>86820293
>implying Autism Time was ever good

gg senpai
>>
>>86829806
There is no objective best. If it's your favorite, then it's the best.
>>
>>86829743
Ditto
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.