[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /co/ like Dylan Dog?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: DD.jpg (190KB, 1024x1425px) Image search: [Google]
DD.jpg
190KB, 1024x1425px
Does /co/ like Dylan Dog?
>>
Too foreign for /co/.
>>
Yeah, but I prefered stuff like Zagor and Alan Ford.
>>
Go home, Bence.

I only read a few issues. I'm probably gonna go as him for Halloween. Everything I read I loved about this comic, but I never got deep into it.
>>
File: 3285246-4295497155-Dylan.jpg (761KB, 936x1318px) Image search: [Google]
3285246-4295497155-Dylan.jpg
761KB, 936x1318px
>>86819119
I like the movie, own it on DVD. Never read the comics.
>>
why doesn't dark horse reprint it
>>
>>86819119

There's no fucking way to get this shit in any other langage than italian
>>
>>86819590
Dont you have Dylan Dog in English?

Funny, but we just had the 14th volume of it here in Russia. Fumetti is not so popular here tho
>>
>>86819119
Yeah, Dylan Dog is the shit man, it's not popular but we've had a couple of good threads, more people should know.
>>
>>86819590
Serbian. Good luck.
>>
Do you people want a storytime of the first issue "L'alba dei morti viventi"?
>>
>>86819119
hellyeah man. im a pretty big fan of the series. I read it in serbian. been planning for some time to translate some for you guys in english. infact been working on an issue just i halted in my work due to work. But when i finish it ill storyzime it for you.
>>
>>86819336
stfu, Máté. im not OP. ppl just like dyd. thats great. ill be ur Groucho u kucklord.
>>
>>86819119
Yes, but fuck off
DD is too good for this plebeian board
>>
Love it, but is a series that strongly depends on the wrtier (art is going to be good or godly either way). Dylan's personality and quirks make him fascinating to follow, although when you concentrate really hard you'll just see a (former) alcoholic poorfag who fells madly in love with everything that has tits. Still, it's his myriad of flaws that makes him so "flawless".

If I ever go to Italy, I'll be sure to buy a bulk of old issues.
>>
File: lee riker.png (378KB, 636x269px) Image search: [Google]
lee riker.png
378KB, 636x269px
Only best DDwaifu allowed in this thread

>Genius attorney
>petite and often mistaken for a child
>tomboyish hair, perky tits
>goes from deadpan snarky to ballistic everytime someone treats her as a child to full serious mode when she's on the case
>didn't died at the end like most of Dylan's flings do
>>
Couldn't really get into it, probably too much of what makes it fun's lost in translation.

>>86819590
Serbian
English
French
German

Those I know of, but there's probably a Spanish version too.
>>
>>86820751
Nig, do John Doe instead.
>>
>>86819590
btw, how's Dylan's catchphrase (Giuda Ballerino! = Dancing Judas!) translated officially in your countries?

Here in Germany they went for "Tod und Teufel!" (Death and Devil!)
>>
>>86821093
Stotinu mi vampira in Serbian
>>
File: Nathan Never.jpg (116KB, 504x656px) Image search: [Google]
Nathan Never.jpg
116KB, 504x656px
Dog's cool, but Never's the man.
>>
File: Bonelli.png (2MB, 1510x620px) Image search: [Google]
Bonelli.png
2MB, 1510x620px
>>86821161
Also the whole Bonelli is pretty alright.
>tfw no cute Legs or Kendall gf
>>
>>86821093
Judas dançarino in Brazilian Portuguese.
>>
>>86820912
been der, done that
>>
>>86821093
in serbia its 'stotinu mi vampira' meaning: a hundred of my vampires. it sounds silly in English but its was a PC way to swear in Yugoland back then.
>>
>>86821093
They translated it straight for America in the few volumes that made it over.
>>
>>86819659
We only got a few stories translated by Dark Horse comics. Johnny Freak, Zed, the one with the Invisible Man, the one with the blind woman and the axe murderer, and the first two Dr. Xabaras stories.
>>
>>86821093
What is it supposed to mean?
I'm not familiar with D-Dog, is there any of this stuff available online (in english)? What sort of comic is it? Sorta gives me a constantine without magic vibe (not that constantine ever really does magic anyways)
>>
>>86820912
It's great that most issues are so cheap and plentiful you can just about buy them anywhere. I love how bizarre some of the covers are, so I often give away issues as presents to people.
>>
>>86821044
There's a Swedish version.

Though it's probably artsy and non-english-language enough for swedish publishers to bother.
>>
>>86824240
It was something about Judas being a really good dancer as soon as he's drunk, I think. Dylan Dog is a really wierd series.
>>
>>86824383
I remember that one swede who was jumping with joy when I picked up Sambre for scanlations for the first time. Apparently the company left you guys high and dry after a mere two books.
>>
>>86824497
We used to have everything down to a badge-engineered monthly 2000AD.

Publishing in swedish is really about luck with the comics aficionados and hipsters. Common people buy their english-language manga or capes.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.