[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEW GOOD COMICS??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot 2016-10-07 18.27.41.png (386KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-10-07 18.27.41.png
386KB, 1366x768px
Alright guys, I need some awesome new or ongoing series to get into!

>Nemesis
>Watchmen
>Teen Titans(The old cartoon network series)
>Open to suggestions

Thanks /co/mmunity!
>>
Tomboy
>>
>>86813162
What is it and why?
>>
>>86812939

Dude, there's something called DC Rebirth going on right now. It's a great start. I say check out all of the #1 issues for all the DC rebirth titles and decide which ones you want to continue following. New Super-Man is awesome. It's a brand new character. No history.
>>
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>86813210
Yeah? I've heard mixed reviews on that.
>>
>>86812939
Start with DC Universe Rebirth then move onto http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:June_1,_2016_(Publication) and go week by week. Oh, I suggest skipping Hellblazer and Deathstroke.
>>
Nemesis? Really??
Anyway I'd say follow a writer you like.

For example some of Scott Snyder (who did n52 Batman) older Batman stories like Gates of Gotham or Black Mirror I wanna say it was called, or his Rebirth comic of All Star Batman.

Or more of Mark Millar (writer of Nemesis ... You sure you liked it? Bomb rigged womb and all??)
Such as the Kick Ass comics, Superman Red Son, the Jupiter's Circle/Legacy stuff, even Huck.
>>
>>86813418
>skipping Prieststroke
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>86813418
>i suggest skipping Hellblazer and Deathstroke.
But why?
>>
>>86813418
>>86812939

Yeah Rebirth is meant to be a new jumping in point for readers.
It isn't a full reboot like N52 was so most of them do have continuity going on, but it is fairly easy to pick up on.

Though I'd say read Deathstroke (so far pretty good)
But skip out on TT and Green Arrow, maybe the Harley Quinn stuff.
>>
File: t3_4v6srm.jpg (868KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
t3_4v6srm.jpg
868KB, 1988x3056px
>>86813203
loli Punisher
>>
>>86813452
Why does everyone hate Nemesis? He's an evil Batman! I thought those 4 issues were awesome
>>
>>86813516
Fuck I love teen titans Is it no good in rebirth? Are there any tt comics similar to the old series?
>>
>>86813534
You're an idiot.
>>
>>86813534
No the premise isn't all that bad, but it has tons of dumb moments (the gay son forced to impregnate his sister and nemesis somehow rigged her womb with a bomb that would only go off if someone tried to give an abortion being the most well known)

It isn't the worst, but it is pretty bad.
And since by such a well known writer it is known by many.
It is even used every year in the /co/ storytime of pain weekend.
>>
>>86813553
Idk honestly the TT rejection is simply because I've never really enjoyed any TT run I've read.

I mean if you liked older TT runs or the n52 TT runs I'd say give it a read.
>>
THOR - GOD OF THUNDER - GOD BUTCHER & GOD BOMB is fucking phenomenal.
#1-12
http://viewcomic.com/thor-god-of-thunder-001/
>>
>>86813663
>gay son forced to impregnate his sister and nemesis somehow rigged her womb with a bomb
Okay you have a pretty good point. I was pretty drunk when I read it but I remember a lot of cool parts. Womb bomb is pretty bad though. Which makes me sad. Is Midnighter any good? I like the Nemesis premise a lot.
>>86813696
I haven't read very much but godfuck I loved the show.
>>
>>86813867
Thor is still a guy? I thought Thor was Jane Foster now.
>>
>>86814139
This is the run that leads into that. Before the writer went off into SJW hell.
I actually like the fem Thor stuff to a extent but those mentioned arcs are light years better.
>>
As with anything, only you'll know what you like and not like and you'll only figure that out by trying new things.

Though personally, i think New Super-Man and The Flintstones are great.
>>
>>86814139
>>86814221
And male Thor is still around he just is unworthy of the hammer he is getting his own mini series in a month or 2.
>>
>>86814123
I'm no Midnighter expert, but I liked his n52 run plenty
The n52 Stormwatch stuff was passable to okay, but I enjoyed the Midnighter solo more.

Never read original/older runs, but heard plenty good. Especially about Midnighter.
>>
>>86812939
How much time until they take this page down?
>>
>>86814443
I've used it for months now
>>
>>86814221
The flinststones isnt just a joke?
>>
>>86814492
It's just a matter of time until DC or Marvel notices it and take it down.
>>
>>86814523
It is unironically one of my favorite recent comics.
>>
>>86814443
>How much time until they take this page down?
But how else will I read 90s Superman?
>>
east of west, deadly class, saga if ur into that, the wicked and the divine looks great if you can get past melodrama and questionable plot (the basic idea is enough to keep me in it), descender is beautiful. Been meaning to check out lazarus, negative space, and the black monday murders. seconding follow writers and artists you like
>>
>>86813516
>>86813418
>Skip out on Green Arrow
>Skip out on Deathstroke
What the fuck am I actually reading? Ignore these people OP.
>>
>>86816741
Good, Deathstroke is one of my favorite characters of all time.
>>
>>86816741
People are actually enjoying GA?

The fucking corrupt guy controlling Queen Industries plot AGAIN
The emiko deal with her double-crossing him cause it was totally needed to triple cross the baddies later
That recent story of teens being addicted to time watch adrenalin, with solution is, after being used by the badguy to get Oliver addicted, she decided to somehow rig a bomb to her heartbeat to threaten to kill everyone to make the badguy surrender.
>>
>>86817032
>>
>>86813284
nah its pretty great, read Batman and Deathstroke for sure.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.